What killed pvp.

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

what killed pvp is bright and clear its the poor combat system.
if people dont enjoy something they will stop doing it,
by the way the games selling point is pve and armor skins now so i dont expect them to give much attention to pvp and i dont blame them they are a company and companies want profit.

Choose any mmorpg like GW2 and you’ll quickly see that these game’s PvE is its #1 selling point. These game’s were made with PvP being a by-product of a PvE built game.

GW2 is known for its combat system. In fact, it has been appraised by so many game critics. Players in general like it.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

From an outsider looking in, id say esports and the players (not all but a good amount) are leading the downfall of PvP for the most part with ANet only needing to take a small blame.

inb4, I used to PvP all the time from s2 – 4. Ive pointed out many items that contributed/contributing to the downward spiral that is PvP in map chat where a LOT of people agreed with.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

I love the game but couldn’t stand the matchmaking. Teams were never balanced and it seems like the system just tries to make a fast group as opposed to only matching people of similar skill. Getting up to new ranks is also a grind. Hundreds of games to go up a new rank for me even if I was winning 8/10 games and people in the top 10 just had some lucky placements that got them there. When my games finally evened out to 50/50, it was because my teammates got worse and not because I had harder opponents to go against.

I log on every so often to mess around with random builds, but I’m not taking the game seriously until they fix their matchmaking algorithm. I have had more balanced games in smaller communities so there’s really no excuse.

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

What killed pvp: season 6’s disappointing results.

What made season 6 disappointing? Matchmaker was inaccurate due to low player population. Why did the population go down? Pros lost interest due to lack of support for organized team vs team content. Casual pvpers lost interest due to substantial drop in rewards from participating in pvp.

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I love the game but couldn’t stand the matchmaking. Teams were never balanced and it seems like the system just tries to make a fast group as opposed to only matching people of similar skill. Getting up to new ranks is also a grind. Hundreds of games to go up a new rank for me even if I was winning 8/10 games and people in the top 10 just had some lucky placements that got them there. When my games finally evened out to 50/50, it was because my teammates got worse and not because I had harder opponents to go against.

I log on every so often to mess around with random builds, but I’m not taking the game seriously until they fix their matchmaking algorithm. I have had more balanced games in smaller communities so there’s really no excuse.

I agree on all your points.

A bunch of ex-GW2’s PvPers have been warning ANet since season 3. Nobody was willing to listen. they was just too happy with farming these players in unbalanced matches after matches. So these players simply got fed and stopped or left completely.

Boom population crisis started.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

A bunch of ex-GW2’s PvPers have been warning ANet since season 3. Nobody was willing to listen. they was just too happy with farming these players in unbalanced matches after matches. So these players simply got fed and stopped or left completely.

And the people crying its the end of the world all is in vain certainly helped =/

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Ok
(1 year ago)

/fifteencharacters

Because to make them play nice with each other, without impairing matchmaking, requires pips to behave in very specific ways that are more complex than anything currently on the table.

If they do not behave the right way, one or more of the three – MMR, matchmaking, or pips – will behave poorly. In seasons 1 and 4, you chose pips; in 2 and 3, matchmaking.

The current system is definitely trying to do too many things and each aspect suffers because of this. I think pips are an appealing reward system and I also think MMR is a good skill system. We need to work on getting each part of the system focusing on what they do best.

Only things I’m going to say is. There is a reason why in dedicated sPvP games, only ELO in current division is considered when matching players with and against each other.

Pips is only good if you want to have non competitive game that grind base. Match Making off of ELO is good for competitive games that are skill base. Make sure that players can see other players ELO as well.

Trying to mix both together just creates a whole new super toxic monster. It also pushes your once competitive players to play other dedicated sPvP skilled based ranked leagues in other games. It makes your once causal players want to do unspeakable things to them selves and others, which just makes them create toxicity in the community. In the end by trying to mix both. You end up catering to no one but, people who just like to burn ants with a magnifying glass. You’ll keep their attention for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, then they get bored and move on as well.

Ok
(1 year ago)

All of the players playing GW2’s sPvP are not noncompetitive players. That being said most of the players playing GW2, if I had to take a rough guess %90 – %95 are noncompetitive gamers, who only plays GW2’s sPvP Ranked League Seasons 1 – 3 because you really didin’t needed to be “good” to win or get legendary rewards[ hence some of the players that was getting hit with massive lost streaks of 25 plus in a row. Brought a new account and used the same builds and classes and then magically started getting 20 plus game winning streaks. This is a fact not opinion.] [Or players in Legendary division complaining about other legendary players getting put on their team that was “Amber quality”]

OK

These are all awful changes, I’m sorry but you don’t understand anything about class balance. DH is in a ok spot right now, other classes like Mesmer and Rev outshine them. All the complaining is a L2P issue. Hopefully Anet doesn’t give into absurd whining such as this.

ANet as lately will give in. It’s the only way that ANet can keep the casuals or noncompetitive sPvPers interested in sPvP in GW2. More so since ANet and the sPvP community effectively pushed most of the competitive players away from this game’s sPvP. ANet is now forced to cater to the casuals or risk their sPvP mode’s even earlier and untimely death.

If you want real sPvP action then you have to play a real sPvP game that supports balancing their sPvP system. Other then that, all is in vain.

Ok …..so… let me guess you are one of the ppl that now like theseason 1-3 and before you didnt ?
Or the shouldnt havent nerfed things back then , so they wont catter to the stupid casuals ………… and atm , like most posters cry about powecreep ?

(Will they balance in the next x-pack on their own to avoid such sillies mentalities ….. …or should i witchunt ppl on the first month ?)

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

You should do what thy wilt. What you all have now is what yall are going to have. Unless ANet starts punishing blatant and malicious troll and match throwers, make the next expansion PvP balanced based, and severally improve the quality of matches, PvP balance patches on par with other PvP titles, or kill the PvE economy by bribing PvEers to just afk Ranked PvP matches. Which I doubt.

And to just point out no other MMORPG has this, so this is justifiable is just silly. Because at the end of the day if Ranked PvP isn’t about who’s better skilled. But mostly who is better at maliciously manipulating matches and the leader boards guess what? It’s pretty much doomed to fail at the start. Many will just forgo the pointless hassle of a non competitive Ranked League system. Will just either queue Unranked only and/or find a PvP title that support competitive skilled based leader boarder. Not saying GW2’s leader board was completely skill-less, because that would be a salty obvious lie. Kill the cheaters and make people fear cheating or match manipulating. That would be the first step. Right now match manipulation is pretty much almost as META as the Elite Specs on metabattle.com

Yall will always have a population crisis. It will not go away till the underlaying roots are snuffed out. Plain and simple. And even then your will be looking a long road of convincing dedicated PvPers to return to GW2 from dedicated PvP titles. People want fun, competitive and engaging matches not stacked matches where they lose 2 to 3 games or more worth of rating for not wining against the odds. If you can not be asked to deliver that from bronze to legendary tiers. Then your system is pointless and of course players are going to abandon such pointless, and not so fun nor competitive system.

But at least I admit it!

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

You should do what thy wilt. What you all have now is what yall are going to have. Unless ANet starts punishing blatant and malicious troll and match throwers, make the next expansion PvP balanced based, and severally improve the quality of matches, PvP balance patches on par with other PvP titles, or kill the PvE economy by bribing PvEers to just afk Ranked PvP matches. Which I doubt.

And to just point out no other MMORPG has this, so this is justifiable is just silly. Because at the end of the day if Ranked PvP isn’t about who’s better skilled. But mostly who is better at maliciously manipulating matches and the leader boards guess what? It’s pretty much doomed to fail at the start. Many will just forgo the pointless hassle of a non competitive Ranked League system. Will just either queue Unranked only and/or find a PvP title that support competitive skilled based leader boarder. Not saying GW2’s leader board was completely skill-less, because that would be a salty obvious lie. Kill the cheaters and make people fear cheating or match manipulating. That would be the first step. Right now match manipulation is pretty much almost as META as the Elite Specs on metabattle.com

Yall will always have a population crisis. It will not go away till the underlaying roots are snuffed out. Plain and simple. And even then your will be looking a long road of convincing dedicated PvPers to return to GW2 from dedicated PvP titles. People want fun, competitive and engaging matches not stacked matches where they lose 2 to 3 games or more worth of rating for not wining against the odds. If you can not be asked to deliver that from bronze to legendary tiers. Then your system is pointless and of course players are going to abandon such pointless, and not so fun nor competitive system.

Also to add another note. Increase the PvP rank requirement to a bare minimal of 60. I rather 80. Make the f2p trolls, and would be P2W smurfs, work for their right to troll ranked leagues. This would be another step in the right direction, in my opinion.

But at least I admit it!

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I stopped playing because everything is OP

What I mean is that the best builds are so good at what they do that you are seriously handicapping yourself by playing anything other than the meta. That’s not particularly interesting to me.

I miss pre-HoT combat where the power level difference between the best builds and the rest was much closer. You could play an off-meta build and not feel like a liability to your team.

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I stopped playing because everything is OP

What I mean is that the best builds are so good at what they do that you are seriously handicapping yourself by playing anything other than the meta. That’s not particularly interesting to me.

I miss pre-HoT combat where the power level difference between the best builds and the rest was much closer. You could play an off-meta build and not feel like a liability to your team.

i play multiple off meta builds and do just fine… without full team 5v5 the meta builds aren’t necessarily the best builds all the time. But sure blame the builds not the players……..

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

what killed pvp is bright and clear its the poor combat system.
if people dont enjoy something they will stop doing it,
by the way the games selling point is pve and armor skins now so i dont expect them to give much attention to pvp and i dont blame them they are a company and companies want profit.

I think GW2 combat system is good, its really fun. I always felt pvp could use more indicators….like casting bars. Which Anet refused to add. Overall it has a lot of good things going and bad. But so does every combat system.

its too fast ,too spammy ,too much damage, cant stand still for a second and the aoe hurts like hell.
i can deal with it to an average level but i see why a lot people dont like to play.
also i was born in 1982 my processor is getting old for this kind of tension ,2-3 pvps a day and im done its just not relaxing at all.
pvp should not mean move and spam all the time.
the game is nice but that pvp just isnt.

1982…same here. Stop it man, it making me feel old! hah. I feel what you are saying though.

yeah with the mmorpg community getting older in age overall good luck to them making spammy reflex based combat.
i just dont have the mood for this stuff any more, if the pvp was more relaxing and tactical i would be interested a lot more in it.

well gw2 is still good for the dailies fractals and some raids now and then.

action combat made mmos better lol

What killed pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.9015

Tyrion.9015

What killed PvP? A PvE game with a """"PVP"""" on it. No GUILD WARS, no gamemodes, no maps, no healers, its been a problem since they first announced GW2… They killed PVP the day they decided to leave Gw1s PVP and that is the absolute truth.