What's Going On w/ Warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

They seem to become less relevant with each update, starting with the Hambow adrenaline nerf.

Did DH and Revenant replace the warrior? Because the 2 new elite specs would fit the warrior role very well. Sometimes I wonder if DH and Rev were originally meant for warriors.

It’s not funny how underwhelming Berserker is. I’m just a bit baffled

in Warrior

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Berserker was the ONLY elite spec that wasn’t represented in last sundays go4gw.

•0 mesmer, 2 chrono
•0 necro, 4 reaper
•6 ele, 3.5 tempest
•0 engi, 8 scrapper
•0 ranger, 5 druid
•4 thief, 1 daredevil
•3 warrior, 0 berserk
•2.5 guard, 7.5 dragonhunter
•0 rev, 6.5 glint

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Vapour’s stats highlight the problem well. I cannot think of any reason to play a warrior / berserker right now, with how powerful other elite specs are in comparison.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Seems to me like a pve spec… actually most of these new specs looks like they where designed for pve….. (daredevil,bzerk etc)

in Warrior

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

My main is warrior and I’m playing revenant right now and guess what it has everything I ever dreamed off that I couldn’t have on my warrior plus it’s way more fun. If anet wants to fix warrior they need to start from scratch and remake the whole class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

Gutted. So much for “let’s balance Warrior by making it UP because it’s so simple to play” says Nightmare even though there’s Druid, Scrapper, Dragonhunter, Reaper, Chrono, Herald, which all you do is press an evade skill or spam your reliable damage or broken team healing and point holding ability on Druid’s case. They CANNOT balance around Berserker right now because it would take too much time, even though it is something that they should have done a long time ago. Warrior was THE most balanced class in the game on June 23rd even with the 20 second rampage, but this HoT patch is just so bad.

All elite specs has something simple to play even though some of their “blueprints” are so complex.

This meta is so bad I’ll call it “deal damage and never trade hits meta” because trading hits is so kitten complex for casuals right?

in Warrior

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Warriors? We have such a class?

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Warrior

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Warrior is in need of help. Arenanet has added so much blind spam to the game that the penalty for missing f1 attacks should be removed.

Berserker isn’t played simply for the fact that it replaces many burst skills with inferior attacks, at least, that’s how it seems to me.

Another thing is that while many classes got extra types of utility or abilities, the Warrior is a super simple and obviously telegraphed class, and that doesn’t change with the rage mechanic. Basically Warrior doesn’t actually bring much to the table.

Ranger//Necro

in Warrior

Nier.8741

Btw I would ignore people saying things such as Druid is a bad elite spec compared to Berserker or Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian/Ele always took skill more skill than Warrior.

Literally every time ranger/mesmer/guardian/ele was viable? It NEVER TOOK SKILL. All of those classes are just privileged and provided with such overloaded kits. Those classes are just as simple to play because of attacking while evading, yet fail devs like Nightmare fail to understand that, and in turn, probably affecting balancing for Berserker as well.

Like it’s so bad, holy hell literally EVERYTHING is braindead op compared to Warrior at this moment that Warrior has to have crazy kitten such as “evade hate” to be viable in this meta.

At least Warrior doesn’t spam evades or have reliable damage or AI or ANYTHING that goes through evades/block for that matter. Then there’s going to be kitten Ranger mains who will say otherwise even though Druid for example is like one of the best elite specs in the game right now because of point hold capability and ridiculous healing.

Like at least buff Berserker to Reaper level considering Necro and Warrior are kinda one in the same, low skill floor but high skill cap.

Right now? Everyone is a braindead low skill cap low skill floor Ranger main. Just spam evades and call it skill. Were back to the tank meta folks, evade/sustain/10millionIscrewedupbuttons and damage dealing tank meta that is.

(edited by Nier.8741)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

They seem to become less relevant with each update, starting with the Hambow adrenaline nerf.

Did DH and Revenant replace the warrior? Because the 2 new elite specs would fit the warrior role very well. Sometimes I wonder if DH and Rev were originally meant for warriors.

It’s not funny how underwhelming Berserker is. I’m just a bit baffled

The only reason why Berserker isn’t being played is because people are too obsessed with the Discipline trait line.

It seems some have forgotten that the class can punch through all the block spam.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warrior was balanced, but then everyone else shot past the balance point.

now, everyone else is balanced, warrior is under powered.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Basically every profession got new specialization that made their class stronger and different. But warriors didn’t get anything new. When warriors go berserk, the burst skills are exactly the same but becomes a weaker version of it. Take, the Hammer burst for example, regular burst gives aoe 2 second stun, a berserk burst gives 1 sec immobilize. Would u choose 1 sec of immobilize over 2 seconds of stun? Seriously, that’s what warriors got. Not to mention warriors need key trait lines to be viable, so warriors can’t afford to give up any other trait lines to take berserker. So warriors have a huge problem and that’s why Berserker has zero showtime in professional scene. In fact, I am hearing some teams are asking their warriors to reroll to another profession. It’s a sad state for warriors in pvp at the moment.

in Warrior

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

This is an interesting statement. I always thought thief is the only balanced class as of July patch and everything else shot way past the balance point. I have to try warrior/berserker in pvp now it seems.

in Warrior

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

They seem to become less revenant with each update…blablabla….

^ Fixed it for ya.

Don’t worry though, join us thieves in the guild hall tavern. I actually believe Anet designed that place for this particular reason. For classes like Thieves and Warriors who’re made irrelevant with HoT drink their problems away

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

^ Fixed it for ya.

Don’t worry though, join us thieves in the guild hall tavern. I actually believe Anet designed that place for this particular reason. For classes like Thieves and Warriors who’re made irrelevant with HoT drink their problems away

Upside? I do get more time in the guild hall bar.

Downside? I miss being competitive. Wouldn’t even take too much to make us viable again, doesn’t have to be a numbers thing.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

ABSOLUTELY correct, give this man a cookie.

in Warrior

Nier.8741

Evade spam is THE MOST enraging thing ever. Please just give Warrior evade hate already so this game will be balanced.

Tempest is fine pretty much, even THAT is better than Berserker because it actually has nice cleave damage with F3 overload and reliable burst with scepter. AND you get your healing from water/arcana back from the F2 overload which is essentially a second heal.

I don’t understand what these pathetic devs were thinking when they made Berserker the most UP spec and kittening/gimping Warrior players off with this fail expansion.

(edited by Nier.8741)

in Warrior

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Well, it hasn’t become less relevant since hambow days, quite recently shoutbow was arguably the strongest build in the game and was stacked in tourneys. That being said, warrior is underperforming currently. Or rather, some (most) of the others are overperforming.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

After playing berserker, I just can’t think of, find or create one build for it that works in sort of way. I’d really like the design team to chime in and lay out all the ‘think tank’ builds they imagined when designing it. When I left the game warrior had greatsword power builds, hambow, duel sword condi and shout builds…now they have nothing. I can inly speak personally, but i was gutted with all the changes and like everyone else dropped the profession for others that are more competitive.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Byebye warrior, off to revenant.
if i want anything warrior-ish greatsword melee fun, i would just go play some reaper.
:)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I doubt there will be any Necros now.

Death Shroud is poor dps wise compared to Reaper Shroud.

And condimancer has no place in PvP Arena.

Warrior on the other hand – Berserker seems to be a must and there is no traitline that could be on pair with Berserker.

Strength would be, but since Anet removed 100% crit chance on Burst trait from it’s GM line – not a chance.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

(edited by Tao.5096)

in Warrior

lighter.2708

I doubt there will be any Necros now.

Death Shroud is poor dps wise compared to Reaper Shroud.

And condimancer has no place in PvP Arena.

Warrior on the other hand – Berserker seems to be a must and there is no traitline that could be on pair with Berserker.

Strength would be, but since Anet removed 100% crit chance on Burst trait from it’s GM line – not a chance.

just delete your post…

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

no baseline fast hands means the trade offs when taking berserker have to be either: 5sec weapon swap, cleansing ire (& your whole sustain tree), or +20% damage. berserker just doesn’t give something that’s good enough to give one of those up.

sure gunflame is a cool suprise, but apart from WvW condi builds that’s all berserker has going for it.

i would rate it 4/10: nearly never worth using

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Tao.5096

just delete your post…

do it for me

no baseline fast hands means the trade offs when taking berserker have to be either: 5sec weapon swap, cleansing ire (& your whole sustain tree), or +20% damage. berserker just doesn’t give something that’s good enough to give one of those up.

sure gunflame is a cool suprise, but apart from WvW condi builds that’s all berserker has going for it.

berserker is good for rifle.

Pretty much you can use a bit weaker Kill shot every 4 sec.
And filling zerk mode bar takes around 2 sec.

Since you need Fast hands and Cleansing Ire, that means you would give up on berserker’s power trait line.

And having +20% more damage thanks to that and Kill shot every 4 sec would be kind of ridiculous no?

Especially taking into account that Berserker activation does break a stun, remove 1 condition, grant 1 stack of stability, grant additional 15% attack speed and give 3 sec of Quickness every 15 seconds.

When traited of course.

It may not suit every build or melee builds, but if it comes to rifle, you sure can play a Sniping game.

Afterall, Rifle’s Burst skill has 1500 range.

in Warrior

choovanski.5462

just delete your post…

do it for me

berserker is good for rifle.

Pretty much you can use a bit weaker Kill shot every 4 sec.
And filling zerk mode bar takes around 2 sec.

Since you need Fast hands and Cleansing Ire, that means you would give up on berserker’s power trait line.

And having +20% more damage thanks to that and Kill shot every 4 sec would be kind of ridiculous no?

Especially taking into account that Berserker activation does break a stun, remove 1 condition, grant 1 stack of stability, grant additional 15% attack speed and give 3 sec of Quickness every 15 seconds.

When traited of course.

It may not suit every build or melee builds, but if it comes to rifle, you sure can play a Sniping game.

Afterall, Rifle’s Burst skill has 1500 range.

it’s not just weaker kill shot, its weaker kill shot with -20% reduced damage also. that effects killshot and all of the rifle skills. defense strength berserker is much better than discipline, or at least it would be if we had fast hands. the combo would be gunflame arcing sear obvs, and it would be a great DPS build. however no fast hands kills warrior’s weapon synergy and screws with the playstyle.

in Warrior

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

warrior has always been the only fair class in this game because its obvious and it can outplay you like you can outplay it

no cancer unpredictable bullkitten mechanics like stealth or teleports which are so many and so broken, as a thief if you do smt dumb and fail you can just stealth and tp away. as a warrior you die a manly death and thats it

now this new patch nerfed quickness and warriors with it and everything is kittened up

in Warrior

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

Necro was out of meta more than 1 year so stop complaining.

in Warrior

choovanski.5462

salt miners always want others to join the mine

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

? i always saw Noscoc guy in meta team pvp. What r u talking about lol

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Warrior is fine as of now.

We just need a little bit buff on both condi and physical damage of all skills of all warrior weapons, but that is not that much gap that would make you even quit warrior.

People Now just tend to play other classes because their new trait other than warrior seem a lot better than what we received, berserker trait.

However, besides that, if you play ShoutBow or Banner Shout, warrior works totally fine.

People just diminished warrior for now temporarily becuz only new content Berserker trait works not great so they are jusy trying other classes.

I am pretty sure they will come back to warrior when getting bored in the future, especially when DragonHunter new stuffs got nerfed. Of course they are OP. But it doesn’t mean that berserker should need to be also OP.

I am writitng down it as I have played high ranking people since patch. There is almost no problem except so many range & invisible CC from Dragon hunter in terms of balance. I havent met decent druid yet but with ShoutBow or Banner Shout I had no prob. they looked very tanky tho. But let me more experience them before making conclusion about druids.

Thus, I would say it is just that Dragonhunter, Rev, druid those stuffs are current OP. Berserker itself is fine. And that is why every people playing those now. Warrior is fine but just nerf those dragonhunter things would solve the problem.

You can go my twitch below to check warrior builds that currently works well and play video of them.

I’m inclined to agree, except that berserker needs a slight buff even if all the op elite specs are nerfed to our level. Also, note that not everyone wants to play a shoutheal sustain warrior. We want to be able to burst and not melt instantly after our stances are down.. like chronomancers etc.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Warrior

Pimsley.3681

^ Fixed it for ya.

+1 for creativity

I’ll bring Jaeger and Moonshine

in Warrior

Pimsley.3681

I still prefer the game mechanics Pre June 23 over HoT. Choosing to put points in all 5 trait lines gave me more diversity.

It was a special time when things actually felt more balanced. Mesmers owned eles, thieves owned mesmers. And Shoutbow warriors running the most unselfish build in the game where teammates benefited from the all of the warrior’s utility and elite skils. Fresh air eles would then own the warriors and leave unscathed…sigh. I miss those days.

But people are different, I know a lot of folks in-game prefer the insanity of what we have now.

in Warrior

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Word!!!

Thieves and warriors…………

You just wait, pretty soon this thread will get moved to the warrior subforum like what they do with thieves. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Every PVP related buff thief thread have been thrown back to the thief subforum.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Warrior is fine.. totally fine.

it is just that other things like druid or dragon hunter is over-buffed and now, every people claim that. Thus they will be nerfed like dd cele ele later. For sure.

If nerf on those class would be conducted later, then everything will be fine.

Warrior specs, including berserker, is just all fine : not that great, or not that bad. Actually, with smashing brawler trait with perma stability on berserker trait line, they works great. They can spam primal burst with only 2.5sec cooldown without any interruption from petma stability. People just don’t know how to fully utilize berserker spec since it has been out for only few days but only compare this berserker spec to Rampage warrior that can be god-mode for 15sec and saying that new berserker spec sucks. They shouldn’t be compared though. Who can win rampage warrior without need to run away until that ends?

Anet did good job on balancing warrior. Just nerf some overbuffed stuffs such as Dragon hunter or druid will solve the balance problem.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in Warrior

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Being out of the meta doesn’t mean it isn’t viable. Meanwhile my power necro performed better than my thief that was supposed to be a part of the meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Berserker trait looks condition heavy and I still haven’t found the right weapon combo to synergize w/ it. I tried s/t and bow. It was meh, lol.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Warrior

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Berserker trait looks condition heavy and I still haven’t found the right weapon combo to synergize w/ it. I tried s/t and bow. It was meh, lol.

I tried to come up with some combinations as well, though I was more tipped off by the ICD on Berserk than anything else… First you need to work your behind off to get adrenaline, finally got it and you trade off your burst skill for another – only to be incapable of doing it for 15s if you leave it

Granted, everyone and his mother are slowly moving to playing bunkers now, so in the 6 minute fights that are bound to happen are perfect for it… It just does not feel fluid in my opinion, and I have yet to get into details for traits and weapons

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Warrior

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

abc, GoogleB – I’m plagiarizing Vapour for this:

Berserker was the ONLY elite spec that wasn’t represented in last sundays go4gw.

•0 mesmer, 2 chrono
•0 necro, 4 reaper
•6 ele, 3.5 tempest
•0 engi, 8 scrapper
•0 ranger, 5 druid
•4 thief, 1 daredevil
•3 warrior, 0 berserk
•2.5 guard, 7.5 dragonhunter
•0 rev, 6.5 glint

I’ve actually experimented with Berserker during BW3 using Carrion ammy and felt it didn’t stack burns high enough and long enough to matter significantly.

Berserker is the antithesis of DH because it is high effort and low rewarding.

But I wont give up on warriors yet. I’ll also theorycraft more after I get bored of DH

EU since Aug 2012

in Warrior

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

But I wont give up on warriors yet. I’ll also theorycraft more after I get bored of DH

Great attitude by the way! I am the same way considering that I do think the whole specialization looks like a bundle of fun, just need to collect info to get proper feedback.

Also, I noticed the chart, though reflected in the matches I played – nothing too substantial… All I hope (and so far so good) is that Anet keeps a keen eye and improves what they left behind with the launch of HoT. Last thing that should happen is another D/D Ele fiasco, especially if they want to take leagues serious

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Warrior

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I tried out berserker a few games. Maybe I need to do more or I just faced baddies but I was ripping people up. I don’t see it as UP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Seems to me like a pve spec… actually most of these new specs looks like they where designed for pve….. (daredevil,bzerk etc)

daredevil in pvp is amazing. I can constantly dodge and keep spamming conditions, while rarely (if ever) being touched.

Channel vigor, get back endurance and heal
Signet of Agility, refill endurance bar instantly
Constant swiftness
Constant Vigor

its hilarious

in Warrior

Tao.5096

daredevil in pvp is amazing. I can constantly dodge and keep spamming conditions, while rarely (if ever) being touched.

Constant swiftness
Constant Vigor

its hilarious

And what you need to pwn such build is a Necro with Staff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Constant swiftness
Constant Vigor

its hilarious

And what you need to pwn such build is a Necro with Staff.

if they have a necro, or even a necro with a staff at all

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

After Hots launch, warriors are outdated because it didn’t receive any new abilities like other professions did. They basically swap one burst skill for another burst skill that isn’t as good. And rage skills are basically phsyical skills 2.0 . Perhaps warriors should have gotten a seperate rage bar as well as more burst abilities that give warriors survivabilities against the new metas of today.

If Guildwars was Dragon Ball, it is like every professions went supersaiyan and warriors still stuck at the original form.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

I don’t know about all this “under powered non viable” warrior stuff I keep hearing about. I love where warrior is mostly due to the fact that not a single other team will play one on a competitive level which by default makes me Crysis the best warrior NA. So I just wanted to say thank you anet for making me #1!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

With Tarsus playing revenant this past weekend, it just might be end days for the once Golden Boy of GW2…

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Warrior

Nier.8741

I don’t know about all this “under powered non viable” warrior stuff I keep hearing about. I love where warrior is mostly due to the fact that not a single other team will play one on a competitive level which by default makes me Crysis the best warrior NA. So I just wanted to say thank you anet for making me #1!

How does it feel being a replaceable loser then?

in Warrior

lighter.2708

Such Ego.. i find some duel warriors to be much better then warriors playing in competitive level.

I also dislike everyone even saying they are #1 why would you even? remember that engie? Wahoo bye friends!! omg where is that guy? can someone hit him!? thanx :-)

Clearly he’s being sarcastic over the situation and being good at duel doesn’t make you better in 5v5

in Warrior

Nier.8741

Such Ego.. i find some duel warriors to be much better then warriors playing in competitive level.

I also dislike everyone even saying they are #1 why would you even? remember that engie? Wahoo bye friends!! omg where is that guy? can someone hit him!? thanx :-)

Clearly he’s being sarcastic over the situation and being good at duel doesn’t make you better in 5v5

If you’ve seen Crysis play on ESL he always has a Guard or some form of support to back him up even against just 1 person. Like it’s not him carrying his team, it’s his team carrying him really. Kinda like how Tage carried ROM so hard in WTS 3.

This guy is literally one of the most fail Warriors that I’ve ever seen my life, he belongs to EU tbh cause EU is just so mechanically bad.

(I play on both)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I think there’s some confusion about the new elite specs. Some of them are simply very strong right now, which is why Berserker seems like it may be underperforming.

One other problem is that Berserker requires you to get a little creative with your build and skills since you have to give up one of the main PvP lines (Strength, Discipline, or Defense) in order to use it. Berserker doesn’t offer much in the way of defense, so dropping Defense is not an option if you want to fight on point. It also doesn’t offer any real utility, so dropping Discipline isn’t a very good option which leaves Strength, which is flat out better for physical damage.

That being said, I’ve still been able to come up with a couple of very powerful builds (one power and one condi) that are more powerful than pre-HoT warrior builds. I’m still experimenting with different amulets/sigils/runes/traits but I’ve gotten quite a few whispers from people being like “omg, I want to know your build” since they’ve been blown away by a Berserker actually destroying their team.

Now, don’t get me wrong, Berserker is definitely one of the weakest elites if you just put random points into it and don’t build around its weaknesses. But, if you think about it a bit and fill in the gaps for defense, condi cleanses, damage, etc it can be much better than pre-HoT warrior. I experimented with many builds and had very little success with most of them — which is quite a difference from Reaper/Scrapper where I literally put points into random things without reading the tooltips and still performed very well.

I’m sure that once the new “good” builds for Berserker get out on metabattle, everyone will start to think that it’s a good elite since they have 1-2 competitive builds. I’d personally like to see the core Berserker skills get tweaked- torch cast times are way too long for a melee weapon. The “Rage” skills are also all very clunky and clumsy. Every single one of them is outmatched by the other warrior skills in terms of damage, utility and defense. The animations are too long as are the cast times. Melee skills with long cast times simply don’t work in PvP — especially if they’re so weak. It’s a miracle if you actually hit with any of them. You end up losing DPS if you use them too, since you can get 1-2 real attacks off during that time that do way more damage.