Whats the plan for necros?

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

necromancer can’t win a single 1v1,

That’s a lie, necro beats engi and support ele. It just loses vs the other 6 classes.

and warriors…. just saying~

As for discussion, it is pointless to type anything it seems, people just read what they want to read and if they see what they can’t accept or can’t provide proof against it they just dismiss it with various irrelevant excuses or continue to claim same crap without any actual facts (e.g. necro has weakest dmg in game…. based on what exactly? Or they just go on about thief when the discussion is not even about thieves but the fact that necros HP pool gives them more time to react compared to low HP classes like thief/ele/guard and there is reason why those classes have dodges/blocks and necro doesn’t -_-‘… but noooo we would rather twist the words for the sake of flaming).
Bottom line, i don’t think necro needs buffs. We don’t need more powercreep. Elites need more nerfs /thread.

I’m on NA, feel free to bring your necro against my warrior any day. Warr versus necro, even with 50% lifeforce, is still a really imbalanced matchup.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

That’s a lie, necro beats engi and support ele. It just loses vs the other 6 classes.

As for discussion, it is pointless to type anything it seems, people just read what they want to read and if they see what they can’t accept or can’t provide proof against it they just dismiss it with various irrelevant excuses or continue to claim same crap without any actual facts (e.g. necro has weakest dmg in game…. based on what exactly? Or they just go on about thief when the discussion is not even about thieves but the fact that necros HP pool gives them more time to react compared to low HP classes like thief/ele/guard and there is reason why those classes have dodges/blocks and necro doesn’t -_-‘… but noooo we would rather twist the words for the sake of flaming).
Bottom line, i don’t think necro needs buffs. We don’t need more powercreep. Elites need more nerfs /thread.

I’m on NA, feel free to bring your necro against my warrior any day. Warr versus necro, even with 50% lifeforce, is still a really imbalanced matchup.

I don’t need to xfer to NA for it, i have seen plenty of necros soloing warriors in my matches.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

I don’t need to xfer to NA for it, i have seen plenty of necros soloing warriors in my matches.

Yeah I’ve seen thieves solo DHs before, in fact I’ve done that myself. The issue there is that I’m average and the DH was below average.

Reasons why necro loses to power warrior:

1. Cleansing Ire and Berserker Stance negate condi necro
  2. Mace 2, Shield 5, and Endure Pain give enough sustain to approach power necro and tank its stronger attacks
  3. Necro has no stability outside of shroud aside from its very obvious blockable elite, and warrior has mace 3, shield 4, headbutt, skull crack, and skull grinder to constantly take advantage of that lack of sustain.

Nobody really cares about random instances of necros outskilling bads, that can happen on any class versus any class. Structurally necro is built to take a beating and warrior is optimized to 1v1 against slow enemies.

in PvP

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

actually,necros got stability in the spectral tree line,on DS/RS you can get stun break and stabil,with traited DS/RS we talking about 6sec CD on stun break with stabil.not bad at all

OTAN guild,WSR server

(edited by KaporHabakuk.6219)

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

actually,necros got stability in the spectral tree line,one DS/RS you can get stun break and stabil,with traited DS/RS we talking about 6sec CD on stun break with stabil.not bad at all

Technically that’s true but power necro loses a ton of damage by taking that trait. Necro plays Death Perception because otherwise shroud hits like a limp noodle. Landing RS 5 is a huge part of power necro’s burst if it crits; if not then it’s not that scary. At that point you should just play another class, even with that trait necro still has no blocks, invulns, not even vigor. Defensively it’s a trainwreck, better to trait for extra damage.

in PvP

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

I guess its a matter of playstyle,i rather take extra stunbreak+stabil with lower RS CD and lower RS decrease while in shroud,it playes well,and is funn.Thou i was mainly pointing out,if someone got trouble with CC,there you go,pick that nice trait and life is easier.

OTAN guild,WSR server

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

I guess its a matter of playstyle,i rather take extra stunbreak+stabil with lower RS CD and lower RS decrease while in shroud,it playes well,and is funn.Thou i was mainly pointing out,if someone got trouble with CC,there you go,pick that nice trait and life is easier.

You certainly have a lot of faith lol. I’ll be around tonight if you want to test that versus warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

True, can win ele and engis, i had to reduce the text and forgot to re-add that.
But I wrote it in one precedent post, I think.

The necro can win Only against a engi that don’t CC to death him.
About the ele, I fought different really good eles and if the enemy know how to fight you, expecially if you go condition, you will not even kill an ele. But in a common fight yuo can kill them.

The only reason why you can kill them as a necro is because they still use boons. A good ele will not spam too many boons and make you corrupt nothing. They then need to just survive and clean conditions, they’reAoE will do all the damage they need to kill you. They can not be top dps but they use an amulet with max power and medium precision, that grant then a really good damage with the overcharge (is that the correct name?), expecially the lightning one.
But yes, the ele have to be good.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Necro Community: “I don’t want to be dependant of a support class!”

Anet: “In this balance period we’ve reduced Necro’s AoE damage output by 50% but gave him 40% more health and 20% more auto attack power!” -Anet.

Necro community: “We can’t do anything in team fights that other classes can’t do better! Halp!”

Honestly what I just want is tools.

This is how most of my fights go

Oh my opponents is clearly trying to set X up, so that they can combo Y and Z off it…..
….but there is nothing I can do about it despite perfectly anticipating it.

On classes like Mesmer, druid, thief, rev, etc. if you die, it usually means there was something you did wrong, something that could have been avoided had you paid a bit more attention or reacted faster. But on necro, sometimes you die for no other reason than because the class simply doesn’t have the tools nor capabilities to handle many common PvP situations.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

necro has basic flaw for pvp……its called DS……OP in 1vs1 useless in any other situation

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I think necro is fine. You have to be patient and play within the class limitations. Their big plus is their skills become more effective the more targets there are in the area. Axe, scepter, great sword, staff, and war horn are all good weapon sets for sPvP. They have quite a few utility skills that are good as well. Just accept you aren’t going to have the mobility of a thief. What you do have for kiting is chill, cripple, and weakness which are better for holding points. Also you have shroud which acts as a second life bar that you can charge by attacking. The only thing I don’t like is enter and exit shroud are the same button. Some times it isn’t responsive so you want to hit the button again, and other times it seems like you only hit the button once, but you enter and exit shroud instantly.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Some times it isn’t responsive so you want to hit the button again, and other times it seems like you only hit the button once, but you enter and exit shroud instantly.

Double tapping Shroud in a clutch moment, when it happens to you, is rather hilarious.

More style points for going out with a nearly full LF bar.

Gotta control self to just hit it once.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I think necro is fine. You have to be patient and play within the class limitations. Their big plus is their skills become more effective the more targets there are in the area. Axe, scepter, great sword, staff, and war horn are all good weapon sets for sPvP. They have quite a few utility skills that are good as well. Just accept you aren’t going to have the mobility of a thief. What you do have for kiting is chill, cripple, and weakness which are better for holding points. Also you have shroud which acts as a second life bar that you can charge by attacking. The only thing I don’t like is enter and exit shroud are the same button. Some times it isn’t responsive so you want to hit the button again, and other times it seems like you only hit the button once, but you enter and exit shroud instantly.

I don’t really agree with a few points there.

• Weapons get more effective the more enemies are there. Only true to a very small degree. Sure some skills can be a little more effective, but I wouldn’t say that the increase is big enaugh to really qualify as a pro for necros. Staff is still rather weak and most of your AoE probably comes from reaper shroud. Perhaps the only weapon that really qualifies is scepter due to it’s low cooldown cc.
  • The thing about kiting, and basically the entire point of this thread, is that this stuff barely helps you anything. Sure you have a little bit of chill and a little bit of cripple, but that stuff is instantly cleansed or you are simply kept immobilized and stunlocked or chilled/crippled yourself without a way to remove it due to the stupid heal skill in which case your enemy doesn’t even need to remove it in order to stay with you. You basically only have one fear skill since you definitely want to keep shorud 3 active for the stability, but that one or even two fears are instantly stunlocked or they instantly charge/teleport at you again while you are walking away slow as a turtoise.
    And the second life bar doesn’t give you more than 2-3 seconds if you are being focused. Sure, you are alive for 3 more seconds but how does this help you if you can’t do anything in this time nor are safe afterwards? If you teleport away 1200 units you are way safer during this time, can cast skills and if you use terrain you can even entirely avoid your enemies which is what any other class does with their ports.
R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

I don’t really agree with a few points there.

• Weapons get more effective the more enemies are there. Only true to a very small degree. Sure some skills can be a little more effective, but I wouldn’t say that the increase is big enaugh to really qualify as a pro for necros. Staff is still rather weak and most of your AoE probably comes from reaper shroud. Perhaps the only weapon that really qualifies is scepter due to it’s low cooldown cc.
  • The thing about kiting, and basically the entire point of this thread, is that this stuff barely helps you anything. Sure you have a little bit of chill and a little bit of cripple, but that stuff is instantly cleansed or you are simply kept immobilized and stunlocked or chilled/crippled yourself without a way to remove it due to the stupid heal skill in which case your enemy doesn’t even need to remove it in order to stay with you. You basically only have one fear skill since you definitely want to keep shorud 3 active for the stability, but that one or even two fears are instantly stunlocked or they instantly charge/teleport at you again while you are walking away slow as a turtoise.
    And the second life bar doesn’t give you more than 2-3 seconds if you are being focused. Sure, you are alive for 3 more seconds but how does this help you if you can’t do anything in this time nor are safe afterwards? If you teleport away 1200 units you are way safer during this time, can cast skills and if you use terrain you can even entirely avoid your enemies which is what any other class does with their ports.

I have already said.
HoT = Movement skill + damage ouput + cc + healing + def skill + CD timing.
Just Nec and Ele out of this system.
But if you give those skill to a Nec. Then Nec can’t be Hero more, they will become commonplace. When they can block inv movement dodge heal spam sapm sapm like other class, When noone want to focus them. They will lose their job, lose their role , punchbag become not a punchbag more! A punchbag no need to block, no need to move, Noone want to hurt thier fist when they punch a punchbag! Right?

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

I think anet would cut down all the powercreep of other class is the best choice in this situation.
No other choice. So we will have many many many Nerf patch soon.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

@Entenkommando.5208: I wanted to object to what Faux Play.6104 said as well, but I thought I would let someone better word it first.

Almost 300 games on Necro before and after this patch, using Power Boonstrip (I got pointers from generous forumers, thanks guys!). 100 matches were used to “experiment” with Shouts GS, but I don’t think I got it yet.

The whole point of Necro is to boon corrupt a kill target and make it extremely soft to burst. Your own Staff and Axe don’t do much on their own (you can finish off low targets), instead what makes you so much of a priority to kill is:

1. Corrupt Boon, Axe 3 and Spiteful Spirit taking down defensive and offensive boons, pressuring off a boon-reliant class from doing their job;

2. Your weapon skills proccing Chill of Death, followed by Chilling Nova while their CDs are not up. Chill screws with every class and the burst below 50% means that your team can very easily follow up and get a kill, or they blow major CDs to stay alive and are out of the fight.

3. Reaper Shroud + Deathly Perception (without the trait it hits like a spring breeze) + “CTTB!” creates immense cleave that makes downed squishies very hard to rez. Preferably with some team support so you don’t get forced out of Shroud.

However, this is indeed all Necro has at the moment. Caught alone, your mediocre damage cannot trigger your kill traits in time, for most matchups. You can corrupt boons, but only delay the inevitable with how fast boons are applied and condi’s are dealt with.

I don’t mind working around it and just sticking to teamfights and contribute to its success, but Necro’s weaknesses (as well as its strengths) are very noticeable. It is an all-in class/build, like a P/P thief.

Necro also allows me to make excuses about my lack of skill. Well, sometimes even I’ll admit I play pretty badly.
^^^ (This is the most important part of my post.)
—————————————————————————————————-

Kiting with conditions (Chill, cripple etc.) doesn’t really work. With the rate conditions are removed and how a lot of classes have very effective ranged options, flat-ground kiting never works in your favor (e.g. DH on the well-designed LB). You can try your absolute hardest to survive, but in the end what saves you is competent teammates supporting you and playing off of you (yes guys, carry me). This is what I do:

1. Stay out of focus. Don’t run in with team. You don’t want a Thief/Mes with all CDs up to open on you. Fact: when you run into midfight willy-nilly, you WILL be marked a target (ironically by an enemy Necro, no less), and you WILL be focused until forced out of Shroud, at which point you can’t do much but wait for peels (which rarely comes in this day and age).

2. You must utilize line of sight and kiting spots to deter and buy time. RS 2 for mobility, RS 5 (I call it the Ice Pick Maneuver) when people can’t see you wind it up.

3. Corrupt Boon + Spiteful Spirit can turn Might to Weakness/Fury to Blind/Stability to Fear + follow up CC… a lot of other useful effects which helps take a lot of pressure off you and increase the value of your health/Shroud in taking damage.

4. Use Mr. Wurm. It offers, in my opinion, far better value than just an extra stunbreak (“YAAW!”) or condi transfer (“Suffer!”/Plague Signet) if you don’t have a coordinated team and allows you to juke and kite where otherwise you would have been focused down. Just be aware of where you put it so you can pop it behind an obstacle/ledge to, you know, get Consume Conditions off because it takes 5 years to cast. Be careful of thieves with Steal up though.

5. You can still kill an Engi. This is one matchup you don’t need to run from generally.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

It’s amazing how overpowered necro is in pvp right now but not many know the right build. Go on “Meta” Battle.com and there is maybe 1 decent build. Yet i haven’t not had a issue against any other class including other necros with my own build. I never post what i make just like in gw1 and my builds are never nerfed just boosted. In the last 3 patches my axe.horn and gs blood necro has been boosted. Hell even the sig change made mine better with not having to crit to proc might. I had a issue with guards only but now if they try the kiddo 1,000 block and burn “meta” build the burn is laughed off and they are spiked.

It’s a matter of how well you play and the build. It’s never the build that makes the master but the master is what makes the build work.

Last 8 matches since I’ve tweaked my blood necro from a condition to a power tank i have been 1 v 2 or 3ing of all different classes.

Find a class find a weapon set you like and build around it. Use “Meta” battle as a idea template because those are not the best builds. They are up because they are just current ez builds to use.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Running around in unranked does not count as “overpowered”. I have matches i completely dominate on necro because the enemy team is a bunch of pve’rs doing dailies on their bear bow ranger.
If you end against a team with people who know what to do your “necro is overpowered goes right out the window”.
You rely heavily on group support on necro, you always did and you do even more after the recent patch.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Wait for the start of the Season, then we’ll see how good is the necromancer.
Anyway, it’s shure that the necromancer can be anything you want in this game unless OP…

in PvP

Posted by: Drakhar.1389

Drakhar.1389

Does nobody in this post realize that all the other classes got gutted in the patch? Meanwhile Necro got buffed. Even if it effectively stays the same, necro will not be bad. I think everybody here would benefit from going to twitch and watching noscoc’s past broadcasts. The two big things he does are

1: kite really well, positioning is king for necro
2: understand how the other classes work

I’ve found necro very effective with my knowledge of playing other classes. You don’t even need this, Nos pretty much just plays necro. You just need to be willing to learn.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Does nobody in this post realize that all the other classes got gutted in the patch? Meanwhile Necro got buffed. Even if it effectively stays the same, necro will not be bad.

You realize that those nerfs, pushed the meta towards the classes that Necro does the worst against? We’re in a thief & druid meta and necro ain’t worth jack against thieves and druids.
Meanwhile supports where yet again slammed. How is a support killer class supposed to function in a meta with no supports? It’s can’t, particularly when said support killer also requires being babysitted by a support.

Oh and the sigil changes added a lot of boon rip sigils, which are fairly popular. So we don’t even have a monopoly on boon hate anymore.

I think everybody here would benefit from going to twitch and watching noscoc’s past broadcasts. The two big things he does are

Oh you watched his broadcasts? Well I’ve actually played against the man. And I’ve played against Toker, Paul, Naru, Marvin, etc. Out of that entire lot Nos is by far the easiest to shut down.

The biggest letdown of season 6 for me was playing against the Nos/Naru duo, because it showed how pathetic necro really is. We spent the entire match just teeing off on Nos and he couldn’t do jack about it because his class doesn’t have the tools to do jack about it.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

@Drakhar Sorry playing is better then watching. you gotta be able to kill 1 person 1v1 otherwise your not much help. If your loosing a lot of 1v1s then that would be a sign you need to change it up. PvP is so easy to learn just gotta find your play style on a class you like.

@Crinn Seasons 1-4 were legit and great. Then they tried to improve it just to fail. Seasons 5 and 6 leader boards were complete a jokes on gw2 pvp.

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

@Crinn Seasons 1-4 were legit and great. Then they tried to improve it just to fail. Seasons 5 and 6 leader boards were complete a jokes on gw2 pvp.

Ha! Nothing about seasons 1-4 was legit. There were no real ranks and anyone who played enaugh games could grind his way to legendary. And if you just started a month later you had to grind your way through divisions full of the worst players that actually belonged down there due to their skill level. That’s like saying anyone who comes late now has to start at bronze 1 and grind their way up. Have fun doing that on a non hard carry class.
How is that in any way more representative than what season 5 and 6 delivered?

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

Ha! Nothing about seasons 1-4 was legit. There were no real ranks and anyone who played enaugh games could grind his way to legendary. And if you just started a month later you had to grind your way through divisions full of the worst players that actually belonged down there due to their skill level. That’s like saying anyone who comes late now has to start at bronze 1 and grind their way up. Have fun doing that on a non hard carry class.
How is that in any way more representative than what season 5 and 6 delivered?

Nothing huh? It seemed as tho many people were able to get to legendary in seasons 1- 4 but in 5 and 6 what like 2 people had legendary in the last season? High risk very low reward for season 5 and 6.

Issues with 5 and 6:

-Lacked a system for people to get to legendary.
-Put bronze vs gold (Rare occasion).
-Lacked map diversity (Conquest circle dancing or bust).
-Hey look i worked hard to gold but got sick for a week now i’m bronze.
-Leader board added joke of more then usual match manipulation top few guys had “alt accounts”.
-Still lack of build diversity. Either your a run teef or a 1,000 block burn guard to play conquest or at least required on the team.

I’d say season 2 and 3 were the best out of them all. They got it semi right compared to the last 2 joke seasons.

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Seasons 2+3 were the worst as winning was mostly tied to playing at the right time and not to playing well. All you had to do to get countless free wins was keep queuing when you were on the higher mmr spectrum of the currently available player pool and stop queueing if you were not.
Seasons 1+4 were better but still being legend In seasons 1-4 was completely meaningless. Literally everyone could do it with enough time/dedication, no matter how bad the player.
Season 5 was the best. Season 6 technically had the better system, but lacked active players (still better than 1-4).

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

Nothing huh? It seemed as tho many people were able to get to legendary in seasons 1- 4 but in 5 and 6 what like 2 people had legendary in the last season? High risk very low reward for season 5 and 6.

Issues with 5 and 6:

-Lacked a system for people to get to legendary.
-Put bronze vs gold (Rare occasion).
-Lacked map diversity (Conquest circle dancing or bust).
-Hey look i worked hard to gold but got sick for a week now i’m bronze.
-Leader board added joke of more then usual match manipulation top few guys had “alt accounts”.
-Still lack of build diversity. Either your a run teef or a 1,000 block burn guard to play conquest or at least required on the team.

I’d say season 2 and 3 were the best out of them all. They got it semi right compared to the last 2 joke seasons.

No the difference was that due to the mixing of both your MMR and the Pip system even in Diamond you’d be playing with players of your MMR. This meant that you could go your way to Legend by playing against now Silver players while the legit Legends had to play their own MMR caliber to get up.
Also due to the forced winrate of your MMR you’d eventually always go up no matter how bad you were. You just needed enaugh games. That’s why so many people were Legendary.
And that is a good thing about Season 5/6. Because the legendary rank is supposed to be the Creme de la Creme of this game and not achievable for your average gamer.

The fact that there were so few players in Legendary (only NA tho) and that you had pairings of such high skill difference aren’t issues with the Seasons themselves.
They were only issues because the balance team at Arenanet (not the PvP team) were unable to make any meaningful changes to this gamemode in terms of balance and build diversity and therefore many frustrated players left. The system itself was better than anything you had before.

Decay wasn’t permanent and you could easily work it off within a few games. I don’t see what your point is.

Leader boards again were a great thing to be added. Sure you can’t deny that there was match manipulation, but still everyone who was up there belonged up there. The alt accounts legit played their way up there. You wouldn’t see a Silver player being carried to Legendary. It just wouldn’t happen. In the seasons before that however, anyone could be Legendary.

The only thing that could be argued about is map diversity but that surely is the smallest out of all problems that would stop people from playing PvP.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: gw niko.1049

gw niko.1049

For me necro should be
-slow
-hight aoe condi dmg
-off-point teamfight(sup)

or

-slow
-aoe condi dmg
-sustain, in mid of teamfight

or

-slow roaming but short-time speedbuffs for fights
-high burst dmg
-low sustain

That´s how it was most of the time and how I would like necro to be as a class.
But anet has “everything needs to can do everything” policies(is it the right word?).
That´s why we are in this spam today. That´s why anet is scewing everything up.

By the way.
Watch my Post in PvP-Forum “Too much filling material, Mes trait ideas”.
It´s alot to read but I want anet to read it. Tell me what you think.

(edited by gw niko.1049)

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Necro Community: “I don’t want to be dependant of a support class!”

Anet: “In this balance period we’ve reduced Necro’s AoE damage output by 50% but gave him 40% more health and 20% more auto attack power!” -Anet.

Necro community: “We can’t do anything in team fights that other classes can’t do better! Halp!”

I like how this guy makes up stuff lol

When did the necro pvp community ever get what you just said?

If anything, any contradictory complaints for necromancers is due to the polarity of game modes; PvP and PvE communities. This should be the same throughout all classes yet for some reason necro’s suffer from the contradictory arguments the most since the dev team can’t seem to BALANCE THE GAME AROUND TWO MODES. Go figure. lol

But again, tell me when Anet actually made the type of changes you described.

Somehow DH have been able to retain all their 1v1 ability, all their aoe ability, all their blocks/defensive ability throughout the game. Guards as a whole are also able to build support, build burst/condition, and get away clean with it.

For some reason, when it comes to Necromancers, its like pulling teeth to give them any meaningful and impactful BUFFS.

jesus. Its not only Anet.. the the bulk of the GW community is also out-of-touch with the state of the necro.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Shroud needs it’s cool down removed completely.
This would actually solve many of the Reaper’s problems concerning:

• 1v1 prowess
  • general survivability
  • reluctance to shroud for #2 for mobility, in fear of being picked off during CD.
I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

• 1v1 prowess
  • general survivability
  • reluctance to shroud for #2 for mobility, in fear of being picked off during CD.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiteful_Spirit
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_from_Death
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foot_in_the_Grave

Who cares about reaper? I want a f1-f1-f1 rotation!

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, Shroud needs a cooldown. Necros just need actual defenses to supplement it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

• 1v1 prowess
  • general survivability

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiteful_Spirit
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_from_Death
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foot_in_the_Grave

Who cares about reaper? I want a f1-f1-f1 rotation!

I guess adding a respective cool down to these traits would be the smallest problem… And could actually allow balance in-between them even better.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Make flesh wurm instant or at least double its hp, so it doesnt die vs one ranged attack. Shroud cd is fine as it is.
It would also help necros survivability a lot, if cripple and chill were more meaningful aka less spamable removal for it. One reason why necro is destroyed by thieves and revs is that they have low cd teleports and are both more or less immune against snares (plenty of dodges and removal for it in case you are hit)

(edited by Erzian.5218)