Who is the BEST Duelist?

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

In your opinion, who is the best duelist in gw2?

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

drazeh

Bullet Punch

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m probably top 5 yup o_o

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Minion Master brand new player who i train for 5 minutes tops
????

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

inb4 Kronos Xnm

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

All honesty, the “best duelist” would be govered by comparing ‘odds of losing’ with some one else.

A person may be able to kill Rangers Mesmers and Warriors but have issues with Guardians, Engis and Ele’s.

Currently there isn’t a proper measurement to determine this… gee wish we had one.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

NA: phantaram(ele), noscoc(necro), backpack(engi), tarcis (warrior), Toker(thief), ender (Mesmer), ranger (none), guard (none)

all of those players basically win all of their 1v1s…. Phantaram wins the most vs other players on the list…

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Lol @toker best duelist

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Sounds a bit more like a popularity contest than a 1v1 potency list to be honest.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Lol @toker best duelist

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

The problem with duels is that a good player can lose to someone who is “less skilled” (what is skill in this game) because they have a build that hardcounters theirs. I was winning every duel with Skullcracker, then a Mes with Decoy, Veil, and Mass invis faces me and I go 1-4 because good luck beating something like that when most of your damage comes from stunning your foe and they have 2 stun breaks, an invuln, and multiple stealths.

That being said, I think I could be it consistently if Bull’s Charge actually worked reliably. I can’t even be bothered to bring it any more, even though the build is better with it when it works.

The game isn’t balanced around 1v1, I only do it to practice fundamentals and to use silly gimmick builds. Also, some of the “good” duelers I’ve seen will run up and all around the arena and break LoS once things look bad. That’s fine in TPvP but it really kills the fun in a duel.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Rocket turret…..

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Any decent eng/ele/necro/warrior are the best duelists.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Certain BUILDS on these classes are very strong, most are celestial. They’re good 1v1 because they are generally Jacks-of-all-trades so no matter what they face they will not be at a total disadvantage.

Just listing the class is pointless. A SD Engi may beat some builds but will be useless vs others. A Skullcrask Warrior will be most ranged builds or builds with few stunbreaks/stability but any build with a decent amount of both will just laugh at it. A Fresh Air Ele will crush those with few defenses but will look pathetic if they can survive that big combo.

Technical skills only get you so far, this isn’t a FPS or RTS, your build is just as important and sometimes even more important. Many good dueling builds are basically worthless in TPvP because they are only good at fighting 1 player.

Personally, I only duel with builds I would use in TPvP or gimmicks that either win really easily or die instantly. It’s also the worst when people make builds designed to counter you.

Just an angry old man…

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I think ROM is better than tarcis

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Certain BUILDS on these classes are very strong, most are celestial. They’re good 1v1 because they are generally Jacks-of-all-trades so no matter what they face they will not be at a total disadvantage.

Just listing the class is pointless. A SD Engi may beat some builds but will be useless vs others. A Skullcrask Warrior will be most ranged builds or builds with few stunbreaks/stability but any build with a decent amount of both will just laugh at it. A Fresh Air Ele will crush those with few defenses but will look pathetic if they can survive that big combo.

Technical skills only get you so far, this isn’t a FPS or RTS, your build is just as important and sometimes even more important. Many good dueling builds are basically worthless in TPvP because they are only good at fighting 1 player.

Personally, I only duel with builds I would use in TPvP or gimmicks that either win really easily or die instantly. It’s also the worst when people make builds designed to counter you.

Yeah but ele/eng/warrior/necro have group pvp builds that are good-god tier in group pvp and god tier in 1v1. It’s stupid.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Yeah but ele/eng/warrior/necro have group pvp builds that are good-god tier in group pvp and god tier in 1v1. It’s stupid.

I don’t disagree, but I think you’ll find that the builds are MUCH weaker if you change the ammy to something non-cele and swap out Doom/Energy sigils. The builds will still be good, but you won’t be hitting decently hard with your power-based attacks while also whittling them down with conditions, and often times with a condition that you normally have no access to (poison).

Just an angry old man…

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Why would you do that when you can play 1 build for all forms of PVP content and be god tier at all of it?

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

any decent s/d thief will do the job.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

NA
-
Best Duelist Previously: Jumper
Best Duelist Currently: Phantaram
Best Overall Player: Magic Toker (haters gonna hate, he’s still the best)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Booms.3952

NA
-

hahahahahahha

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

NA
-

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

-snip-

Attachments:

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

I’d say toker for the best duelist IRL . Because seeing other nerds I mean other “top players” I think toker could 1v2 them irl. Lol

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

So is dueling a recognized mode now? Is there actual organized competition and a valid MMR system for it?

I see two groups on this thread, one just naming top Conquest players and then the other saying that actual “duelists” (people running troll builds) are the real best duelists. Both look kinda silly imo.

Ranger//Necro

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

-snip-

My list is the only legit list.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

im the best duelist, anyone want to duel me

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

NA
-

2 s/d thieves. No idea about phantaram.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Booms.3952

I’d say toker for the best duelist IRL . Because seeing other nerds I mean other “top players” I think toker could 1v2 them irl. Lol

this i can agree too

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

If your talking about Class; I’d say survival of the fittest condition ranger is a really good straight forward dueling class. They are very good 1 on 1, have lots of evade, immobilize, good damage, and are quite tanky.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

NA: phantaram(ele), noscoc(necro), backpack(engi), tarcis (warrior), Toker(thief), ender (Mesmer), ranger (none), guard (none)

all of those players basically win all of their 1v1s…. Phantaram wins the most vs other players on the list…

How does one be best at ele dueling? Also SD thief duels are completely RNG most of the time.

Btw Kronos Xnm beats all of these guys with his Shortbow 3 spam until afkragequit. He’s obviously best dueler in game. No joke.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

It’s a very tricky question, as many of the best 1v1 builds are not seen in PvP tournaments. It’s tricky to compare Falselights’ condi guard, Sikari on MM or Bioshock (with that nasty leeching cele thief) etc. with tournament builds. Definitely Dragon isn’t far off with a condi survival ranger either, they did very well in the gambling servers – similarly phantasm type mesmer (ie. similar builds to Saekim) are pretty nasty for some.

Then again there’s no denying the 1v1 ability of d/d cele (particularly on node), rabid or cele engi, s/d thief etc.

Nos on condi necro is a sick 1v1er for sure… I might back him.

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

to beat the eles you play power ranger.
to beat the thieves you play medi guardian

simple simple

Want to own noscoc, play a medi guardian
Want to own toker, play a medi guardian
Want to own phantaram, play a power ranger
Want to own backpack, play a power ranger

I swear if I was really invested into this game, I’d win wts ez pz, counter counter counter.

Want to win? Counter the other team.
If ESL was solo que able I’d be collecting a lot of cash. I counter half of abjured with medi guard.

Coincidence that no other team uses medi guard? They just don’t like to counter, they think playing a class that doesn’t counter really good is better than playing a class that counters.

That ESL site, needs some working on it too. You cant look at the teams from the main page.
All it shows is upcoming games and hardly has any teams listed.
So confusing to navigate, I don’t waste my time anymore.

They don’t make websites like that like they use too, back in the days, they use to be so easy to navigate PLUS they’d have music. You hardly find any websites with music in the background anymore.

They just don’t do stuff like they do back in the days anymore.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Haha, good luck with that.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Booms.3952

clealry u just need to l2p eura

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

clealry u just need to l2p eura

10/10 times I would lose to Phantaram on a power ranger build, or any renown d/d ele for that matter. I guess I just don’t press 2 well.

Since I started a derail…

I would argue that certain players are good mechanically and would probably bet on them in most situations. However, I would only say certain players because the builds they main just happen to be capable of 1 v 1ing everything. I’d say Phantaram would be one of the best duelists because he is a good player mechanically AND because he is a d/d ele which I believe has the ability to 1 v 1 everything.

But since builds matter:
1. Phantasm mesmer (provided it counterbuilds each opponent)
2. D/d ele
3. Condi ranger
4. s/d thief
5…. then probably a guardian (provided counter building)
6…. Engineer
7. Warrior
8. Necro

However, if we then assign names to these builds/classes and used Noscoc as an example of a necro then I sure as hell wouldn’t put him as 8th. So I think this is a little more complicated than “whose the BEST” but such is the way of things.

….and now we’re back on track.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Aaron.2413

to beat the eles you play power ranger.
to beat the thieves you play medi guardian

simple simple

Want to own noscoc, play a medi guardian
Want to own toker, play a medi guardian
Want to own backpack, play a power ranger

I swear if I was really invested into this game, I’d win wts ez pz, counter counter counter.

Want to win? Counter the other team.
If ESL was solo que able I’d be collecting a lot of cash. I counter half of abjured with medi guard.

Coincidence that no other team uses medi guard? They just don’t like to counter, they think playing a class that doesn’t counter really good is better than playing a class that counters.

That ESL site, needs some working on it too. You cant look at the teams from the main page.
All it shows is upcoming games and hardly has any teams listed.
So confusing to navigate, I don’t waste my time anymore.

They don’t make websites like that like they use too, back in the days, they use to be so easy to navigate PLUS they’d have music. You hardly find any websites with music in the background anymore.

They just don’t do stuff like they do back in the days anymore.

Lol.. I don’t even know what to say at this point… The only class on the Abjured that medi guard counters is necro… That being said the rest of the abjured destroys guardians and they peel effectively for noscoc so that it is not effective…

Also the fact that u think u solo quing would beat the abjured is adorable… But sure don’t waste your time on the “super confusing” website. … Also while classes like power ranger can 1v1 effectively on beach.. Conquest and LoS in general is a different story…. But please sign up for the next ESL with a few power Rangers and medi guards… I can’t wait to see you take home the gold

In regards to yall not thinking Toker is the best thief at everything.. Please give me names of players who are better, I’m actually curious

Also please invest more and win WTS (33 pages of forum responses isn’t invested enuf)

(edited by Aaron.2413)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Lol.. I don’t even know what to say at this point… The only class on the Abjured that medi guard counters is necro… That being said the rest of the abjured destroys guardians and they peel effectively for noscoc so that it is not effective…

Also the fact that u think u solo quing would beat the abjured is adorable… But sure don’t waste your time on the “super confusing” website. … Also while classes like power ranger can 1v1 effectively on beach.. Conquest and LoS in general is a different story…. But please sign up for the next ESL with a few power Rangers and medi guards… I can’t wait to see you take home the gold

In regards to yall not thinking Toker is the best thief at everything.. Please give me names of players who are better, I’m actually curious

Also please invest more and win WTS (33 pages of forum responses isn’t invested enuf)

Strictly TPvP Meta build vs Meta build, you’re right 100%. Guard probably wont be able to beat anyone there.

Off meta 1v1 realm; realistically speaking, Condi Guardian can beat the two Ele’s, 50/50 Engi, 40/60 Necro, 40/60 Thief.

That’s assuming these classes go off meta into their respective 1v1 builds…. but these players aren’t 1v1 spec’d. They are currently the best team composition players to date.
I hardly ever see these guys 1v1 in KOTH other than Backpack. Of which I beat when he went condi himself and called Guardians OP. As for everyone else, I have no idea what their skill levels are compared to the rest of the off meta classes.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Has flashback to toker vs d/d p/p thief triggerless duels, streamed on blus channel

Common he’s a great player, but definitely not the best duelist, on thief at least.

(edited by lollasaurus.1457)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

*Has flashback to toker vs d/d p/p thief triggerless duel streamed on blus channel"

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!

That thief had autotargeting on!

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

D/d p/p, 6/0/2/0/6, with smoke wall, the one I’ll have seen a unyielding Shadow (if I remember the name right) play? That is such a good thief vs. thief build!

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

pretty sure its svanir, just yesterday i saw him 1vs1 owning 3 ppl durning a match, i wonder what his kill count is

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Has flashback to toker vs d/d p/p thief triggerless duels, streamed on blus channel

Common he’s a great player, but definitely not the best duelist, on thief at least.

Which is why my list didn’t have him as the best “duelist” but the BEST overall player.

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Booms.3952

Strictly TPvP Meta build vs Meta build, you’re right 100%. Guard probably wont be able to beat anyone there.

Off meta 1v1 realm; realistically speaking, Condi Guardian can beat the two Ele’s, 50/50 Engi, 40/60 Necro, 40/60 Thief.

That’s assuming these classes go off meta into their respective 1v1 builds…. but these players aren’t 1v1 spec’d. They are currently the best team composition players to date.
I hardly ever see these guys 1v1 in KOTH other than Backpack. Of which I beat when he went condi himself and called Guardians OP. As for everyone else, I have no idea what their skill levels are compared to the rest of the off meta classes.

haha what condi guard is hard countered by d/d ele and it would be more like 0/100 ele, 90/10 engi 10/90 necro 100/0 thief

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Aaron.2413

This thread asked the best duelist… I don’t think your profession or build even matter for this category… It should be the best dueler in the sense of landing attacks… Dodging… Etc
In which case every burn guard is a bad dueler… I have yet to met a burn guard that actually outplayed me with skill… Same for power ranger… But when you watch the players I listed you can see skill

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

This thread asked the best duelist… I don’t think your profession or build even matter for this category… It should be the best dueler in the sense of landing attacks… Dodging… Etc
In which case every burn guard is a bad dueler… I have yet to met a burn guard that actually outplayed me with skill… Same for power ranger… But when you watch the players I listed you can see skill

Best Duelist should be measured by 1v1 win ratio.

It’s build wars 2. There’s no way to measure what you’re asking. With your logic every condi class is a bad dueler because we stand there and look pretty while our conditions do all the work.
You might as well say Thieves make the best duelist in the game because they match your requirements perfectly.

haha what condi guard is hard countered by d/d ele and it would be more like 0/100 ele, 90/10 engi 10/90 necro 100/0 thief

Never met a d/d ele I absolutely couldn’t beat unless they used Diamond skin, or they switched to some Clerics build or something. No d/d ele meta can beat a condi guard 1v1.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Aaron.2413

Best Duelist should be measured by 1v1 win ratio.

It’s build wars 2. There’s no way to measure what you’re asking. With your logic every condi class is a bad dueler because we stand there and look pretty while our conditions do all the work.
You might as well say Thieves make the best duelist in the game because they match your requirements perfectly.

Never met a d/d ele I absolutely couldn’t beat unless they used Diamond skin, or they switched to some Clerics build or something. No d/d ele meta can beat a condi guard 1v1.

Some of the best duelers I can think of play condo.. Noscoc is one of them…. Even a burn Guard can be considered good if they are able to repeatedly play perfectly by outplaying their opponent… That being said I have never met a burn guard who is genuinely a good player… And for thief, just bc they are rolling around and looking pretty doesn’t mean they are good, but constantly dodging correctly and landing attacks = skill

The thread asked for the best duelist not best build… While many duels are controlled by build, great players can rise above that and showcase their skill…. Which leads me to the conclusion that certain players are the best duelists based off me watching them duel and fighting against them

Who is the BEST Duelist?

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I think the only other great necromancer I’ve seen in-game was Supcutie, simply because he positioned correctly and used fear as an interrupt instead of opening with it.

Didn’t he play mesmer?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.