Why AP for the top 250 titles is not cool

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

First off: I am not expecting much sympathy for this issue, but I will voice my opinion anyway.

So this patch introduced exclusive titles for the top 250 pvp players of the season. Normally this would be fine, but they also give 6 AP each. I would propose removing the AP from these titles.

Rank 1: God of PvP.
Rank 2: Legendary Demigod.
Rank 3: Immortal Legend.
Rank 4 – 10: Unyielding Legend.
Rank 11 – 25: Relentless Legend.
Rank 26 – 100: Ruthless Legend.
Rank 101 – 250: Merciless Legend.

total: 42 AP

Reasons:
1) Only a limited amount of players can get them, most of them will go to people who do not even care about the AP part.
2) Even if someone tries hard the whole season, they are excluded from any titles because of the harsh MMR decay of 100 per day. If you for some reason cannot play in the last week of the season all your efforts are for nothing.
3) EU will have a harder time to earn these since NA has a lower playerbase and lower skilled players compared to EU.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

We are discussing this internally.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Jenne.1836

Jenne.1836

I would like to hear the reason for putting AP on theses achievements, too. I don’t think any of the professional PvP-Players actaully cares about achievement points, so why can’t they be title-only? The title is prestigious enough to show everybody how good you are in PvP.
In my opinion achievement points should be competitive, but thats only possible if everyone can get every achievement. With exclusive achievements only for a small amount of players this is totally unfair. You should not have to be the best in PvP to get the highest amount of achievement points.

(edited by Jenne.1836)

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

it is super cool! everybody gonna chase those titles like they are legendaries!

btw have u ever considered giving legendaries and precursors to top player in the end of the season?

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Jenne.1836

Jenne.1836

First off: I am not expecting much sympathy for this issue, but I will voice my opinion anyway.

So this patch introduced exclusive titles for the top 250 pvp players of the season. Normally this would be fine, but they also give 6 AP each. I would propose removing the AP from these titles.

Reasons:
1) Only a limited amount of players can get them, most of them will go to people who do not even care about the AP part.
2) Even if someone tries hard the whole season, they are excluded from any titles because of the harsh MMR decay of 100 per day. If you for some reason cannot play in the last week of the season all your efforts are for nothing.
3) EU will have a harder time to earn these since NA has a lower playerbase and lower skilled players compared to EU.

from my understanding its only 6 ap since every player get only 1 title. u can not be on rank 1 and 10 at the same time. that would be 6 ap.

are u honestly complaining about 6 ap?

just do ur dailies.. its alrdy 10 ap. thats basically like just not logging in for 1 day.

r u such of an ap geek that u rly make a forum post for not getting 6 ap lol

You know that after 15k daily AP you wont get any more points? Every single achievement point does count if you got that many. If you dont know what you are talking about, please dont do it.
The player who gets the achievement for rank 1, will also get all the other six achievements. The player on rank 2 will get Top 2 achievement and the other five, and so on…

in PvP

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

This whole thread makes me sad for the future of our entire world.

No one in this game should have 30k AP and still be considered alive.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

30k is not the problem. You can have 33k AP with half of my playtime, but it takes exponentially more effort to progress the closer you are to having 100% of the achievements.
The last 40 AP will literally take me another ~3500 hours.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

30k is not the problem. You can have 33k AP with half of my playtime, but it takes exponentially more effort to progress the closer you are to having 100% of the achievements.

why are you even building AP? like, whats the point?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

“people don’t like what I like and are therefore a waste of oxygen”

in PvP

Posted by: Persie.4701

Persie.4701

Reasons:

You are right.
That last sentence was really hard for me.

BTW: Everyone could choose on her/his own what she/ he is going to do, whether AP or other things.

(edited by Persie.4701)

in PvP

Posted by: Wichidi.9281

Wichidi.9281

well thx for clarifying the thing about the ap’s earned. as u probably can tell, i couldnt care less about how much ap i get from achivements.
Idk why yall so serious about those. might wanna change sth in ur life lol no offense

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

you can substitute anything in the entire world for “building AP” in your question.

why are you even ______ __? like, whats the point?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

choovanski.5462

you can substitute anything in the entire world for “building AP” in your question.

why are you even ______ __? like, whats the point?

most actions have a tangible or experiential benefit.
like cooking, you get the food. or, practicing snooker, you get good at it & it’s fun to play with friends.

i’m just curious to what, if anything anyone could get out grinding AP.
well, expect for ‘number bigger i like big number’, but i really hope that’s not it. it would be pretty sad if it was.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Getting in the top 250 is an achievement. I don’t get it, are you wanting AP to represent someone’s achievements in the game or just how much time they spent in the game farming AP?

If someone makes it in the top 250 and that gave him more AP than you, then that is completely fair. He was better than you or more determined than you in a particular game mode.

And if he is just someone that doesn’t farm AP and doesn’t have anywhere near as much than you do, then what does it matter? He wouldn’t be competing at all for some fabled top AP slot you people seem to be fighting for.

I guess my point is, I get that your goal in getting top AP is like a pvp player’s goal of getting to the top of the ranked leaderboard. But it seems with your AP goals, you believe anyone who puts in the same amount of time into the game, regardless of skill, should be able to receive the same amount of AP. At that point I just can’t help but wonder, what’s the point. If all you want to do is flaunt how much you smash your head on the keyboard in the game, just share screen shots of your /age.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I dont give a kitten about AP, but I know ppl that farm them and I feel like they are unnecessary too

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Getting in the top 250 is an achievement. I don’t get it, are you wanting AP to represent someone’s achievements in the game or just how much time they spent in the game farming AP?

Thing is, like it or not, AP actually just shows that. I dont care if someone has 10k or 20k AP cause he can get them randomly without being prove of anything, but I get impressed by the dedication shown when someone bears those 30k+ points

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

AP are for completionists. Not being able to complete something ruins the motivation on the long term – and Anet could remove AP at all then.

Top PVP is for people who love competition. Mixing both concepts results in “competition rewards” mixed with “meaningles aspects”. 6 AP? Less than a daily.
But obviously handing out 10000 AP is also no solution.

It’s better to seperate both concepts.
APs as realistic achieveable goals for completionists.
For competitive people exclusive titels/emotes/skins. Or hand out 10.000 Gold for the top players. A pink/golden emote. Or whatever. They probably care more about this than they would care about 6 AP.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

AP are for completionists. Not being able to complete something ruins the motivation on the long term – and Anet could remove AP at all then.

Top PVP is for people who love competition. Mixing both concepts results in “competition rewards” mixed with “meaningles aspects”. 6 AP? Less than a daily.

For competitive people exclusive titels/emotes/skins. Or hand out 10.000 Gold for the top players. A pink/golden emote. Or whatever. They probably care more about this than they would care about 6 AP.

Oh then they should remove all AP from players that did all the Ls1 content and achievements since you cant get them anymore and for all the other Legendary titles and from all the Monthlies really this is a non issue besides self entitled players crying about Achievement Points being actually awarded for Achieving something. Maybe they should rename them Entitlement Points.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

maybe they should just delete achievement points all together, so a certain somone can have a long hard think about what they are spending their precious hours on this earth doing.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

This guy gets it. If you ask Rom if he cares about achievements, he will say with certainty no. If you ask, achievement hunters, most of them don’t care about hardcore pvp. Why try to do them together? It usually has an adverse effect on both. (achievement hunters – some – will do crazy stuff to still get the achievement, hurting the matches balance and fun factor). And hardcore pvp people mostly look down on high achievement people, so why mix them? Let them both do, what they are best in. As op said: the Titles are a big reward (if that’s your sort of thing). Some people love ETernal dominator, these titles, are less grindy (but take more commitment and skill), but have more shine to it. I think that’s enough for pvp top people to be happy, they never care for the ap, as long as they have the title.

So split them: Still titles, but no ap in it. Give some other ap (like do every map 5x in season 5 ranked play). 99% of both sides happy. While now it’s a chaotic intermix.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

maybe they should just delete achievement points all together, so a certain somone can have a long hard think about what they are spending their precious hours on this earth doing.

I do not think it would change much other than me moving on to something else. At my core I am a nihilist anyway. I am fully aware that all my efforts are futile and the death of everything including the whole universe is inevatible. We are nothing more than organic machines with an illusion of free will.
But instead of sitting around looking at an empty wall I spend the time on something to create the illusion of time passing faster.

in PvP

Jockum.1385

Oh then they should remove all AP from players that did all the Ls1 content and achievements since you cant get them anymore and for all the other Legendary titles and from all the Monthlies really this is a non issue besides self entitled players crying about Achievement Points being actually awarded for Achieving something.

A) everyone has different goals in a game. You should try to understand that instead of making fun of other people. You seem to be a very intolerant person without the ability to understand other people’s point of view.

B)I was never a fan of AP for temporary achievements. It was a bad idea, because people who missed some of the old events can never catch up. Removing something which was already “earned” is a bad idea, but I would be ok with returning the old achievements as permanent content, for example.

C)Achievements ingame are not earned for personal skill. They never were. You are asking for a complete rework of APs.

D) Helseth has, afaik, less than 10k AP. I doubt he cares about AP. He is not even close to the top AP players. He can easily get 10 AP for doing a daily instead of having to battle against other strong PVP players for a smaller reward. It’s about the titel, not about the AP.

E) legendary weapons are also not “legendary”. You don’t have to be among the top 10 pvp players, for example, to be able to build a legendary weapon. Everyone can get a legendary weapon.

F) getting into legendary division the last pvp saisons was not super difficult. Even I managed to get there. There are way better players than me. You could grind your way into legendary. (and I would be ok with handing out the old achievements in future seasons.)

(edited by Jockum.1385)

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I can understand your point number 2 and 3. But could you explain your point number 1 ?

How is that hurting you for them to have those 42 AP points ? What if some of those people are point completist and have, through sweat and hardship, got into the top 250 ? Do you have the right to remove those points for them just because they have better skills than you do ?

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

choovanski.5462

I do not think it would change much other than me moving on to something else. At my core I am a nihilist anyway. I am fully aware that all my efforts are futile and the death of everything including the whole universe is inevatible. We are nothing more than organic machines with an illusion of free will.
But instead of sitting around looking at an empty wall I spend the time on something to create the illusion of time passing faster.

i dont think a nihilist would make all these threads dude…

i will say though, the world is a beautiful place. there is a lot of joy to be had if you seek it out. sure, you’re life will end, but you can really use it dude. there are better things out there than AP dude.

move to the other side of the world. be reckless. romance french girls. there is a whole world of possibilities homeslice.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

If AP is just for completionists then why care if someone has more AP than you?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Oh then they should remove all AP from players that did all the Ls1 content and achievements since you cant get them anymore and for all the other Legendary titles and from all the Monthlies really this is a non issue besides self entitled players crying about Achievement Points being actually awarded for Achieving something.

A) everyone has different goals in a game. You should try to understand that instead of making fun of other people. You seem to be a very intolerant person without the ability to understand other people’s point of view.

B)I was never a fan of AP for temporary achievements. It was a bad idea, because people who missed some of the old events can never catch up. Removing something which was already “earned” is a bad idea, but I would be ok with returning the old achievements as permanent content, for example.

C)Achievements ingame are not earned for personal skill. They never were. You are asking for a complete rework of APs.

D) Helseth has, afaik, less than 10k AP. I doubt he cares about AP. He is not even close to the top AP players. He can easily get 10 AP for doing a daily instead of having to battle against other strong PVP players for a smaller reward. It’s about the titel, not about the AP.

E) legendary weapons are also not “legendary”. You don’t have to be among the top 10 pvp players, for example, to be able to build a legendary weapon. Everyone can get a legendary weapon.

F) getting into legendary division the last pvp saisons was not super difficult. Even I managed to get there. There are way better players than me. You could grind your way into legendary. (and I would be ok with handing out the old achievements in future seasons.)

I am not intolerant, I just point out the flaws in people’s arguments especially when it is clearly entitlement being thrown around, if it is so important for those Achievement Points then the person complaining should step up to the challenge of that Achievement to earn them. and I was pointing out that there has always been Achievement Points in game that no one can get so if they remove the Achievement Points from these Titles they should then remove the Achievement Points from all Achievements that can no longer be earned, or they can change the name since most things qualifying as “Achievements” aren’t really Achievements.

The OP is someone that wants the AP cap removed because it slows his AP progress and allows others to catch up to him he wants AP for just doing the Daily which is no Achievement in the first place.

I understand their point of view I just see it as being detrimental and wrong, that’s the great thing about having an opinion and there is always a lot of complaining if you look at the OPs post history you would see he/she/it always finds something to complain about.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Reasons:

Im with you,

Most of these people dont understand that the AP is also a competition among those in that area.

For instance i know people in the top 500 NA and do not want to fall below that and they know the people trying to pass them. I currently have a guild mate only 200 AP behind me and he is always making comments about how hes gonna catch me.

PvP like WvW and the AP points, there is a competition for a few people in those fields. People who dont get it, i dont understand why you would judge the OP when he/she has clearly invested more time into the game then you have.

Its almost like being back in H.S where all the dumb kids are making fun of the smart kid for getting good grades in this thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Reasons:

Im with you,

Most of these people dont understand that the AP is also a competition among those in that area.

For instance i know people in the top 500 NA and do not want to fall below that and they know the people trying to pass them. I currently have a guild mate only 200 AP behind me and he is always making comments about how hes gonna catch me.

PvP like WvW and the AP points, there is a competition for a few people in those fields. People who dont get it, i dont understand why you would judge the OP when he/she has clearly invested more time into the game then you have.

Its almost like being back in H.S where all the dumb kids are making fun of the smart kid for getting good grades in this thread.

Can you explain how this mere 6AP is a problem for your competition?

If some one who has the same amount of AP as you and he somehow managed to get this 6AP, he deserves to be in front of you.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Reasons:

I find it funny that suddenly you consider something being exclusive, limited to a small number of people, to be a bad thing, when in all previous cases you took the exact opposite side.
Perhaps it’s because you don’t think you can get those APs yourself?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I think it’s impressive and really fun that people strive for max achievements. When this was first introduced to wow we all went nuts for it because a lot of those were pretty difficult to get. You had to PvP, raid, complete insanely long quests (tier 0.5 anyone…?) and it was a measure of skill in some ways. Some say “oh its just time spent blah blah” but doing all of that and managing your time to get it was skillful. Plus some achievements later on like undying and immortal were certainly very difficult.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Hm….

Should this even be a discussion? A reward is a reward is a reward is a reward. If you can’t get it, you bloody well can’t get it. It’s like complaining that you can’t get the Liadri mini because the boss you have to fight is too hard so they should nerf the difficulty. The Liadri mini is a prestige item and the titles are on that same level. If you can’t play long enough to get it, suck it up, there’s always next season.

I mean come on! There are so many titles and ways to get Achievzies in this game, it shouldn’t matter how many points you get from acquiring some meaningless name and ON TOP OF THAT you’re trying to take away rewards from people who don’t normally get rewards.

I say leave it as is.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Tbh if it was 6ap I won’t mind that much but 42 AP is a pretty big deal to the top AP players considering some of them haven’t even missed 42 AP in 4 years.

If it’s just titles fine, I don’t even have those Champion of the Arena etc titles back in the day and those show prestige just fine without the need to attach 6 ap onto it.

Also this is the first time they’ve done anything AP related that has a limit on the number of players that can obtain it, this is totally new so it’s worth discussing whether you agree with it or not. Liadri/legendary league titles S1-4 were all skill dependent but there was no limit to how many people can get it.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in PvP

Jockum.1385

If AP is just for completionists then why care if someone has more AP than you?

I don’t understand your question. Ofc you want to get more/all APs. That’s the idea of completionists.

From a completionists point: when I’m not able to finish all quests in game I don’t even try to. Usually I end up doing nearly no quests at all. When I’m able to (skyrim for example) I’ll try to do each quest. I might stop playing at some point without finishing all quests. But I spend a lot of time doing quests. Otherwise I would only play story and ask for more content without doing any quests.

I am not intolerant

Then you might want to check your wording.

Achievement to earn them.

And all of those APs are no archievements. As I said before, you are asking for a complete AP rework. Remove all those dailies, “kill X” “finish the story” achievements and replace them with “set a new dungeon-run record” “kill mai trin 98 solo” “win the world championship” etc. The average player should have 0 AP then.

Currently APs are simple farmable goals. Don’t get confused by the wording. “legendary” also often implies there is only a single one. Remove all legendary GS except one from the game?

and I was pointing out that there has always been Achievement Points in game that no one can get so if they remove the Achievement Points from these Titles they should then remove the Achievement Points from all Achievements that can no longer be earned, or they can change the name since most things qualifying as “Achievements” aren’t really Achievements.

All APs aren’t really achievements. Achievements in GW2 are farmable goals.
I already pointed this out in C. The past 4 years achievements had a different function. They were never “exclusive rewards for a small skilled minority”. They were no “achievements”. They are named so, if it bothers you: ask Anet to rename them to “highscore points”, “quests points” or “Arena-Net-Points”.
As legendary weapons are namend legendary weapons, but they are probably the most used skins. But nobody asks Anet to remove nearly all legendary weapons.

As I already said in b: you can’t remove rewards afterwards. It’s too late to remove those achiements. It would also be too late to ask for removal of the PVP-achievements in two years. Currently they are new. Nobody has already earned them. So it is ok to remove them and replace them with something more useful.
As I already said, I’m ok with making past achievements available again. Bring back the old content and achievements.

in PvP

Jockum.1385

Should this even be a discussion? A reward is a reward is a reward is a reward. If you can’t get it, you bloody well can’t get it.

There are different kinds of rewards ingame.
For example raid players would not be amused if you would get the same rewards for doing dailies. But “a reward is a reward is a reward”, right?
Handing out the wrong rewards can wreck reward structures. This, for example, happend with GW2 emotes. They are too easy to get resulting in no prestige. While GW1 emotes are very prestigious.

It makes sense to differentiate rewards. It’s a bad idea to hand out the same rewards for every activity. AP are targeted towards “play everything a bit” completionists. APs don’t target ESL-PVP players.

Anet could reward, for example, the top players with a permanent symbol (similar as the league symbol) at their nametag. Or with other useful stuff as skins, gems, gold, auras or emotes.

It’s a bad idea to mix up rewards. Top PVP Players also deserve exclusive rewards.
AP are a bad reward for a top pvp player who doesn’t care too much about AP (probably most/all of them). At the same time it causes trouble because it wrecks the motivation of completionists. And it will become even worse with each new season.

So: separate both systems. Find a better, more meaningful reward for top pvp players. And let the APs be achievable by everyone to cater to completionists – as in the past 4 years.

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

There should be alot more AP tied to wvw and spvp. There shouldn’t be any way u can complete everything. Why should wvw only and spvp only player be locked out of ap rewards? Why they don’t get a chance I’d different permanent quirks? (like more rank points instead of gold or karma which they can choose).

I think the whole ap system should get an overhaul. So everyone gets enough ap and the rewards ties to it for its own focus.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

he’s an AP hunter go figure and OCD at that lol. hard to sleep when u know theres AP out there in the game u cant achieve except for others XD

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

Oh shut up… Just because you know you can’t get the AP doesn’t mean we can’t. I mean seriously what the kitten? Are you that selfish? Stupid AP hunter.

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Personally I’m not really sure why this is an issue I mean aren’t AP hunters the most “hardcore” players because Ap literally covers all areas of the game and to get the most you need to pretty much play all areas of the game it just so happens for pvp its not something that you buy with gold or get super carried in.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why the hell do people care about AP points?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

0_o really now, it is an achievement to get that high up rank wise, let them have the AP. Sure only a few people will obtain these titles but is it any different the original “x of the Arena” titles only 200people have? Unless you want to retroactive get rid of the AP given to everyone got you has gotten the previous seasons Legendary titles. And yes they probably don’t care about the AP but what would you replace it with?? “Tournament of Legends” rewards for these people, can you image the rage that would produce then, leave it alone it is fine as is.

PS: it is sad to see this much rage over not getting some AP for something you can/do not have the ability to get, how do you feel the majority of the player base who never got/can obtain the LS1 AP. This reeks of entitlement because you can’t get one minor thing overall.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

(edited by Mastermavrick.2439)

in PvP

Posted by: shintaotwo.1609

shintaotwo.1609

Since most people in the AP leaderboard are pretty bad at PvP my guess is that not even 5% of the Top 100 AP hunters will get any AP from the Top 250 Achievements. Which means the AP granted for the placement won’t have any impact on the leaderboard.
The introduction of exclusive achievements (which actually show people achieved something) is a positive change IMO. I am glad these titles/achievements won’t be another “I’m rich, you know”, which can be bought by anyone who pressed “1” often enough.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

NA has a lower playerbase and lower skilled players compared to EU.

Excuse me??? Like hardly…

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Why? If the guys at the top of the AP leaderboard PvP and obtain these points, they deserve them. Malediktus moaning because he can, again. This isn’t about his personal progression, but because he wants to remain Number 1. He should work for it if it means that much to him, given the fact he’s 1st on the board, it means a lot.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Are people actually legit complaining about this? Hooooo-leeehhh kitten. I knew there was going to be whining with the new season (when isn’t there?) but this seriously takes the cake. I don’t even see why this should be a discussion; let PvP:ers have their meager AP, I’m sure you’ll live.

in PvP

Posted by: Persie.4701

Persie.4701

The new system of season 5 looks pretty nice. That is not the point.

Every achievement in the game could be earned for everyone.
Now the achievements are limited to 250 players.

This is exactly the problem. Anet should give everyone the same opportunity to get the AP. You do that because everyone got the same rules. BUT you only reward 250 of all.
I guess that is not the business scope over the last 3-4 years.

That is why people complain.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Don’t.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in PvP

Posted by: Fatallion.5389

Fatallion.5389

L2P, git gud boi

btw, nothing is indicating that the 1st player would receive all titles and all AP, since every single title achievement points out to exact positioning on skill rating leaderboard. You won’t receive 2nd or 3rd places title if you were 1st because simply you were not 2nd or 3rd, you were 1st.

Unless Anet makes no sense in achievement explanations, which has happened before tho (looking at you 1st season legendary achievement)

(edited by Fatallion.5389)

in PvP

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i dont understand why people care for AP to start off with?
even if mobs would give AP on every mob u kill i wouldnt go kill them i just dont understand why AP is important to some people while its the last thing i care about in this game.

remove it from the game all together and i wont even notice

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

Crying of achievement hunters… I say – pls stay away with your hobbies, don’t dictate the game with your fetishes. No one cares if you want 100% achievements, some of them should stay exclusive or they are not achievements at all.

in PvP

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

Well it doesn’t make that much sense. But if there’s a PvP exclusive set of achievements, it might.