in PvP

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Would be nice for a little fixes.

Will there be balance on the 13th?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Wouldn’t make sense to do a balance patch right when season 5 starts.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The last balance path was 2 months before s5 goes live, I think thats a good time to release another balance patch. Honestly we should be getting them monthly at worst tbh

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Do any of you honestly expect the current ‘balance’ team to make any positive changes anyway? Until they get someone who actually understands and cares about the game in charge of balance it’s not going to be getting any better.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Do any of you honestly expect the current ‘balance’ team to make any positive changes anyway? Until they get someone who actually understands and cares about the game in charge of balance it’s not going to be getting any better.

Yes.
Almost every patch, they are making the game for the better.
The only complain I have is it is too infrequent.

in PvP

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

From the new post on the gw2 website, it looks like not. Last balance patch was mostly number tweaking.

Pity.

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

The frequency would be fine if they did some tweaks here or there on the 13th.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

If they do a balance patch on the 13th ya’ll will inevitably be complaining about the dozens of broken stuff that inevitably surges from a recent balance patch and a fraction of you will complain about how it ever could have occurred to anet to perform a balance patch so close to the start of a competitive pvp season.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I’d bet considerable money there wont be a balance patch till march.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

The frequency would be fine if they did some tweaks here or there on the 13th.

The frequency is not fine. A 3 month balance schedule is fine for a PvE game where you aren’t fighting other players (and even then, in a PvE game with Raids balancing should ideally be comingout more often than 3 months). But in a competitve game it needs to be balanced every month or more often. A surprisingly large amount of traits and skills in this game are either way too good for the low risk, or way too kittenty to be considered balanced. Unless balance patches start being much more comprehensive (eg changing nearly every overpowered and underpowered skill and trait of every class in each patch, along with adjusting runes and sigils that are either too good or not good enough), then a 3 month schedule is not at all fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

in before more revenant nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

More tweaks to allow more build diverstiy please …. So buffs to underrated things. Beware of buffing already strong HoT things …

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

3 months to make a few changes, 3 months later to revise those changes. So we get a full iteration of balance every 6 months, or twice a year. So yeah no balance whatsoever.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

If they want PVP to measure up the e-sport. The frequency of balance is not fine.
We all know the problem of PVP are class balance and combat system from HoT(that brainless block, block, block, inv, evade 12345) . New player cannot survive in this environment. No player base, No game, No income. This is a TURE and they need to face that. Today, MMORPG are all go to end game. PVP is other way to go out.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

I’m open to more frequent balance intervals. Perhaps the value would be worth polling so long as the developers and the community are willing…

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

3 month patches is totally fine and close to the industry standard.

The problem isnt balance, its power creep anyway. The more patches you get mean the more power creep you get as they never nerf anything because all the clueless people will cry about it as they dont realise it power creep will make them quit anyway

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-

in before more revenant nerfs.

Oh wait lol sorry

in PvP

OriOri.8724

The problem isnt balance, its power creep anyway. The more patches you get mean the more power creep you get as they never nerf anything because all the clueless people will cry about it as they dont realise it power creep will make them quit anyway

They never nerf anything? Mesmer would like to say hi.

in PvP

Posted by: padreadamo.3986

padreadamo.3986

Engineer says HI too! “Purity of Purpose” /rollseyes

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

They do not have an understanding of pvp, therefore pvp cannot be balanced by this group of developers. The fact that the pvp team is not on the balance team says all that needs to be said about how they balance. Skill balance, in a game that has both pve and pvp, should be centered around pvp. You can change the encounter to accommodate any changes skills require.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

If they do a balance patch on the 13th ya’ll will inevitably be complaining about the dozens of broken stuff that inevitably surges from a recent balance patch and a fraction of you will complain about how it ever could have occurred to anet to perform a balance patch so close to the start of a competitive pvp season.

Haha, the forum community is so predictable.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Druid says… Where did my healing go?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Yes.
Almost every patch, they are making the game for the better.
The only complain I have is it is too infrequent.

^ probably plays guardian <3

in PvP

Posted by: SuB.6845

SuB.6845

Do you really think they should nerf during active season? This would lead to a lot of angry players. The best I can think of is: one big patch right after season, and one close to the start of the next season, but only some number tweaking.
I feel like the game is quite balanced at this moment, with a lot of viewable builds. I could only think of these changes:
- Slightly fairer tradeoff between offense/defense on guardian
- Engineer has a bit too high sustain (while having moderate damage with some peaks)
- Somehow make the warrior just a bit more mobile

in PvP

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Do you really think they should nerf during active season? This would lead to a lot of angry players. The best I can think of is: one big patch right after season, and one close to the start of the next season, but only some number tweaking.
I feel like the game is quite balanced at this moment, with a lot of viewable builds. I could only think of these changes:
- Engineer has a bit too high sustain (while having moderate damage with some peaks)

yeah nooo warriors dont need any more mobility, maybe a buff to core traits currently there is no build diversity to them strength or discipline. zerker, defense

engines got weird nerfs last patch that nobody wanted give them there shield block back

tweak condimancer down a lil bit, make power mesmers great again

give thieves there old back stab back theyve been getting dumb nerfs lately, nerf vault and bound, buff other staff skills. (spamming evades and 1 skill is not skill)

give base ranger the pet rework u promised and give core ranger better access to
cleanse. (if they did this i would even bee fine with druidac clarity nerf) and make ancient seeds 15 sec cd(anyone whos ever fought 2 druids knows how annyoing it can be since your constantly getting rooted), buff sword aa and reverse the skill chain for sword 2

give eles their old diamond skin back,

let revs at least cleanse two conditions on legend swap

for guards their fine maybe increase the cd for virtues,

buff nercos gs maybe increase the attack speed or give them a leap

-

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

no need for some huge balance changes though, just revenant and mesmer nerfs will be fine

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I do. People are being too conservative about balance patches; if they did them more frequently (including during the season, maybe 2 during each off-season) then we’d have balance faster. Ideally. I do share a lot of people’s distrust of the devs but I think overall they do more good than harm, they could benefit from appointing a few community members who are actually good at game/build analysis and consulting them about balance changes.

Part of being a good player in GW2, as opposed to more simple games, is thinking intelligently about builds and adapting to new situations. The build notes are public so we’re all able to look at them, evaluate how they impact the builds we’re currently using, and adjust. Maybe it’s because I was really into GW1, a game with a more complicated and customizable build system, but I don’t really have a lot of pity for people getting upset that their current build is no longer as viable. I understand the feeling, but you have every ability to adjust. If you are only able to play what Metabattle says then you’re not cut out for what makes this game great.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

I absolutely do. For the last 4 seasons we have had balance problems during the season and it was horrible.

S1 heavy bunker meta where you couldn’t kill a chrono and several other classes. It was left that way the entire season instead of being nerfed during the season. Made for a very stale meta.

S4 featured DH that way outperformed in low level play because they carried bad players and carried them hard. This led to bad players ending up in higher division than they needed to be in. Not only does this mean that refusing to balance mid season was directly responsible for some people being in the wrong division, it also made those divisions worse for everyone involved. For the DH that got carried there by their build, they stopped having fun because they just weren’t good enough to play and lost too often. For others, they would have to put up with having a bad players on their team, a player that shouldn’t have been in their division in the first place.

In season balance patches make sure that bullkitten like that doesn’t happen, and it shouldn’t be happening. It also helps separate the best players from everyone else. The best PvP players in the game will be able to adapt to balance patches as they come. They should be forced to change their approach to encounters as the season progresses due to skills and traits being changed. Being in the highest division (and now on the leaderboards) means you should be good enough to adapt.

Also, if something does become too weak or too powerful, it wouldn’t last the entire season, but only part of it. Say your favorite class was nerfed into the ground, now instead of having it crippled for an entire season, it would only be crippled for part of a season.

We absolutely should kittening have balance patches mid season, even if its only 1. Its good for the game, and good for PvP