Wings of Glory

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

So I’m going to start out saying that I love everything about gw2. I’m not a good pvp player though. In fact I mostly play unranked and I seem to always lose most of my ranked play throughs. I would almost consider myself a elitist (with out the attitude) in pve. I just can’t seem to transfer my pve skills to pvp. I don’t mind that the new legendary Wings of Glory is a pvp exclusive, despite the fact I’m sure we’ll see complaints that it is and unfair to pve/wvw players. But either way it still makes me a bit nervous that as a mediocre pvp player that I may not earn my wings. So my question is how much time will I need to invest in pvp? Are there specific barriers or challenges I must over come? If I’m short of my goal in season 1 can I reclaim what’s left in season 2?
I’ve already asked this once before in a different forum, and received negative feedback. Including that only top teir players will receive their wings and that lower skilled players have no chance or should stay out of pvp.
Again this isn’t a complaint against pvp. More of an assessment and request for guidance for us lower skilled pvp players. So I ask that once leagues hits tomorrow if we can get a guide to the Wings of Glory including any constructive way to advance our skills in ranked arena?
Thanks to all who contribute to this topic.

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

From the way they worded you should be able to get it even as a mediocre player, however you should expect it to take as long as getting a legendary fractal BP as a mediocre player…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

From the way they worded you should be able to get it even as a mediocre player, however you should expect it to take as long as getting a legendary fractal BP as a mediocre player…

Their wording make it sound almost as if u need to be pretty good, above mediocre, to get it, even with more time. We’ll see how it pans out. But this item, the legendary, should be very hard to get, as leg armor is since it too locks out many players that doesnt invest into high end pve (tho thats an entire set)

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

You don’t have to be high skilled to get the backpiece. Higher skilled players will just get it faster.

The Ascension is designed to reward investment in PvP by any player and will require more than one season to complete. You don’t need to be the most skilled player to earn it, but highly skilled players will find that they can progress through the Path of the Ascension faster.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Sounds like you’ll have to grind out a reward track or avhievement by winning games in ranked arena and you will have to do this for a few different seasons.

If that’s right, then you can grind it out solo.

& it’s a good incentive for players to play ranked and lower queues for everybody.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Now that you can see the requirements it’s quite simple. However, there is a time gated part so it’ll be impossible to finish in one season. It requires you to play three matches everyday for 15 days. There are four different tiers for this, so that is 60 days until you can actually finish it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are also achievements requiring you to cross more than one leagure threshold during one season (max of 4). This one may be a problem for some players, depending how easy it is not to drop rank in the fourth league tier.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

There are also achievements requiring you to cross more than one leagure threshold during one season (max of 4). This one may be a problem for some players, depending how easy it is not to drop rank in the fourth league tier.

You don’t drop divisions at least.
Once you reach say the next division you will not go back to division 1, it says that right on the blogs too so not to terrible

Rawr?

Wings of Glory

in PvP

eva lin mcdowl.3978

TY Harbringer, i did notice different wording in tier 3 and 4 where it states that you’ll receive an ‘item’ instead of advancement in meta. Unless its one in the same just worded differently. i guess for us pve players this will put more ease of mind and kinda keep the mediocre players such as myself out of pvp more, but give us a little more practice. Still to keep up we’ll need to achieve each category every 2 weeks. Not including the fact we’ll need tickets as well to buy the wings. The first set being 10 tickets and much more i’m sure for the next 3. I’m assuming the remaining 3 are what cost more than what league gives out per season.

Wings of Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

The answer to this may sound trolly or like a joke, in fact it is the most commonly thrown around phrase on the pvp fourm.

Get good.

But.

Take it at your own pace, see what you do wrong and what you could have done better. Look at your damage logs and lean the skills and rotations of not just your class but others. As a PvE player, you apply the same thing to mobs/bosses right? You learn the attack patterns and evade the hard hitting stuff while landing your hits. The same concept applies.

However, enemy players unlike mobs, will think and react. Thats where things get tricky. Just in the end, dont blame anyone if you die, dont blame Anet for imbalance, o matter the bullkitten specs people run. You have to learn from your mistakes. Thats the only way to get good.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Wings of Glory

in PvP

eva lin mcdowl.3978

never mind it appears the daily matches only count within itself and doesnt advance the meta. So looks like i wont be able to get those wings.