Wishlist for 2014 PvP

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

This are just some things i would love to be in the game by the end of this year. I know the PvP Dev team is rather small, but they were able to make some great things last year and it gives me hope. This list is in no particular order.

1. Update/Complete Khylo, Forest, Foefire in the sense that no more clipping issues occur, no porting into the maps and getting stuck. The new maps like temple, sky hammer are more polished and are what i would say complete maps.

2. Update spectator mode so that you can free cam around. I think this feature relates to the first point since if the maps are not complete, you’ll be able to just fly into objects and clip. I know they could implement this when since they showed off their sky hammer map. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jb6jFW4DQ

3. Add more skins in pvp, like if i go on the wiki, example http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_shields . There are so many skins ive never seen before cause i don’t pve/wvw at all.

4. Add leader boards ranking into the game instead of externally checking on the forums. Nothing is better than showing off your kitten inside of the game, especially in PvP. I feel this would be kinda hard to implement in a way, but its not my coding problem loloolololol.

5. Seasons for pvp are coming but i thought just to mention it some more. I know gw2 is meant for a more casual player base, but i would really prefer some exclusive rewards for people at the top of season. Pvpers need to have a goal with some shiny reward attached to it. And nothing lame like the wvw rewards, a dumb stomp isn’t cutting it.

6. Merge the mists, one for na and eu. Since the pvp population is already so small, only makes sense to do this to create more teams, strengthen the community, show off your skins to everyone and what not.

New* People are putting in some valid points that if this happens, it would cause lag? I dont really see the issue since you can currently guest into any other heart of the mists. Why not make the button “Join the Heart of the Mists” automatically guest you to a server that just holds everyone in na/eu? Seems like the easiest of coding options.

7. Add more maps, it rough playing on the same maps over and over and over. We already know you have a slyvari map already made with traps and stuff. Just release it already so the pvp community doesn’t feel abandoned, even if its going to be meant for hot joins.

8. Add 2v2 death match into the game, make maps specific for it, its great for casting, not as hard to find players for it, pretty much a win win. Also implement leader boards and seasons right away when you launch it.

Edited for spelling error and wanted to add some new points due some neato ideas of the thread. As well just a reminder, the pvp team and balance team are 2 separate divisions. So im not gonna bother talking about how x class is overpowered. This thread is mainly for the pvp game mode.

9. Add ready button when solo/team que pops for 20 seconds, if you don’t press it you get kicked outta que. Also make the wait time during the game 1 min instead of the min and 30secs. I want to play the game and bash heads, not watch a clock tick down.

10. Update the scoreboards in game, im not too sure why you just don’t go with like a wow or blc scoreboard instead of what we have now. The scoreboard right now doesn’t provide much information for someone who tries shout casting or observing the game. Like no one really cares how much score/glory you accumulated. People wanna see everyone’s individual kills/deaths/revivals/points nueted/ points captured/2nd map mechanics and what not. When you have a proper scoreboard, a player can learn from the data and understand their mistakes and look for ways to improve on. For go my post but i think this is one of the most important foundation pieces for pvp at this time.

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

(edited by LegendaryLukeee.1462)

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

You must be new around here.

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

You must not realise who that is.

+1 Lily, I agree with all those

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

merging na and eu isn’t even possible because of lag but all else I agree with

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Merge the mists, one for na and eu. Since the pvp population is already so small, only makes sense to do this to create more teams, strengthen the community, show off your skins to everyone and what not.

Is this admitting that population won’t improve?
If it does than it forces shards.
But guessing that it wont sure why not.

The great forum duppy.

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

1. hats
  2. more hats
  3. hats wearable in combat
  4. community driven designed hats
  5. again more hats
  6. profit!
http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: leungctm.1362

leungctm.1362

Anet says, how about u gimme THIS " SUMS " of money then i can give what ever you want.

But in all seriousness, 2vs2 death match will be so good…

Just make a 2v2 team q and 2vs2 Random Q alrdy, is not hard. As for map wise for 2v2, just make it happen in Forest fight at beach and cut everything else off that is good enough for me already. is it really that hard to to Anet ?! please answer me.

Top 50 NA Tpvp Guardian (Rizzylard)
Best Mercenary Guardian you can find to fill your last slot.
Keep Calm and PVP Hard.

(edited by leungctm.1362)

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

1. hats
  2. more hats

Kirito 2016

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

1. hats
  2. more hats

Kirito 2016

naw 2020

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

This are just some things i would love to be in the game by the end of this year. I know the PvP Dev team is rather small, but they were able to make some great things last year and it gives me hope. This list is in no particular order.

5. Seasons for pvp are coming but i thought just to mention it some more. I know gw2 is meant for a more casual player base, but i would really prefer some elusive rewards for people at the top of season. Pvpers have to a goal with something shiny attached to it. And nothing lame like the wvw rewards, a dumb stomp isnt cutting it.

6. Merge the mists, one for na and eu. Since the pvp population is already so small, only makes sense to do this to create more teams, strengthen the community, show off your skins to everyone and what not.

This is could happen, but in a different way. I say Anet tries localized Custom Arenas (servers) first. Exactly similar to how you would search for servers in CS, or any shooter. You look for a server that has the lowest ping, and play on it. This would particularly be best for playing in any future tournaments this game would plan on having.

The idea of merging EU servers and NA servers is not ideal, while maybe merging all of the NA servers for heart of the mists would be, but EU and NA. Every time I would log in there would high ping, and not everyone has a great ISP.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Instant kill trigger for falling off skyhammer. Finding a worm to kill you is absurd and slow.

New modes/maps (FA plz).

Rebalance aimed at high skill cap play.

Templates.

Ranger | Elementalist

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Merge the mists, one for na and eu. Since the pvp population is already so small, only makes sense to do this to create more teams, strengthen the community, show off your skins to everyone and what not.

Is this admitting that population won’t improve?
If it does than it forces shards.
But guessing that it wont sure why not.

overflow serves well

1. if there will be new content, please ADD it – don’t replace the old with it.
2. see 1
3. see 1
4. remove skyhammer from tournaments

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

merging na and eu isn’t even possible because of lag but all else I agree with

i play from eu on na servers and doing ok, dela yis almost not noticable
only issue is when they patch something, then the lag is unbearable

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

You know the sad part?

When i started reading and saw some decent improvement suggestions by Lily i quickly stopped reading, since i’m sure it won’t be taken into account by Anet and I proceeded to scroll right down for this:

1. hats
  2. more hats
  3. hats wearable in combat
  4. community driven designed hats
  5. again more hats
  6. profit!

#moarhats

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

litany of wrath made useful.
useful elites for certain classes (engi/ele/guard etc)
skyhammer gone (either from hotjoin/solo queue or all together!)

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

A ready button.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Rebalance aimed at high skill cap play.

If you want high skill cap play, they need to do the following:
1. Nerf all AOE damage (condi and direct)
2. Increase single target damage (condi and direct)
3. Reduce the effectiveness of passive buffs

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Instant kill trigger for falling off skyhammer. Finding a worm to kill you is absurd and slow.

I’ve never fallen off Skyhammer without dying…

Otherwise, 100% agree with OP.

But you forgot to improve 4v5. Ready button or whatever… it’s really weird because I think I’ve only gotten 2-3 total 4v5’s in Team Q, whereas in Solo Q it’s like 50% of games…

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

Hello Lily, hello devs,
I agree with all of these. Except maybe 6 if it would introduce lag issues. I think there are many other ways to increase the PvP population. Rewards, gamemodes, pvp f2p, just more attention to PvP in general.

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Bump !

also if the Gear Design Team is occupied with other projects , we can whip more the Spell effect team and sell into the TP , moddified Character Spells (for example replace Dragon’s Tooth > with a DiscoBall or Icy dragon mouth)
And 2 extra botuns in the <<Options>> : a) See on your schreen your modified spell only , b) See every1 modified spells , or c) Choose none of the above for the baseline spells.

But if codewise this proccess is nightmere ro create for the old ggs , same as replacing all asural models with humans , its better to find a way to minimize the silver we get from tPvP … so there wont be a need to create huge goldsinks (25 lvls > for 1 spell , or introducing gear that need money to be unloked)

If they are working in a way , so 10 ppl can dimocratically <<choose>> any other map ingame , they should place a penalty system for choosing an other map (25% less rewards if you change map – stacks 3 times up to 75% reduction – we need to play 5 RNG maps to remove the 1 stack , without pushing again the <<yes> vote for those games )
Even if skyhammer will be removed form soloque , there will be miore maps in the future that ppl wont like to participate

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

You must be new around here.

You’ve got to be trolling.

Lukeee’s warrior was in my soloQ team. He was seeeeeew proh.

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

I think im just gonna keep on adding to the points i have above. It seems people will think they will have lag issues if the say the mists were blended into a na and eu side. Im not too sure what people mean by it. Just imagine they just implement it that when you join the mists, you are automatically guested to a one server that holds everyone. Everything else stays the same. With this you can actually find groups to play, show off your amours and what not and bm your rivals.

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

Wishlist for 2014 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kryptonite.6459

Kryptonite.6459

I agree with all of your points.
These changes need to be made before the remaining PvP players end up quitting.