You Just Ruined PvP Rank System

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

All the hard players that have farmed to r70 now are getting their effort screwed by half population of pvp being r50.

Dragon finisher is meant to be exquisite and elitist emote for a very reduced number of players.
Now you just made it a joke. Plenty players will leave the game now due no recognition in effort.

GG again anet.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

launched with poorly thought out systems

in PvP

Posted by: Super.2749

Super.2749

I don’t think Anet recognize all the time this guy spent on skyhammer farming his rank 70. Anet why do you do this to him?

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

When you first saw GW2 rank system you really thought that it will take more than 2 years for people to get max rank?
Few months ago everyone with above average rank was called skyhammer farmer now it suddenly means that player is skilled and deserves special reward?
You farmed your rank knowing that you get no rewards for it and that its just number on your PVP panel, guess what? Nothing will change after patch.
But seriously what do you want? Special rewards for doing same thing as everyone? Fine, but then delay it for another year cause i stopped caring about rank first time i heard how much rank points you need for dragon.
Old system was flawed and needed update they chose mid fifties cause thats where all who casually played since release are.
1.5 years of casual play is pretty logical to get max rank even if you are korean grinding mmo fan.
All “top” players have quitted already like 5 times now? Does that make first page of leaderboards empty? No.
When really skilled players quit the game i feel abit sad, but when people who just play alot quit? Nope not even slight change in emotions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb9XTK3_n2Y

in PvP

Posted by: slsharpshooter.5631

slsharpshooter.5631

When you first saw GW2 rank system you really thought that it will take more than 2 years for people to get max rank?
Few months ago everyone with above average rank was called skyhammer farmer now it suddenly means that player is skilled and deserves special reward?
You farmed your rank knowing that you get no rewards for it and that its just number on your PVP panel, guess what? Nothing will change after patch.
But seriously what do you want? Special rewards for doing same thing as everyone? Fine, but then delay it for another year cause i stopped caring about rank first time i heard how much rank points you need for dragon.
Old system was flawed and needed update they chose mid fifties cause thats where all who casually played since release are.
1.5 years of casual play is pretty logical to get max rank even if you are korean grinding mmo fan.
All “top” players have quitted already like 5 times now? Does that make first page of leaderboards empty? No.
When really skilled players quit the game i feel abit sad, but when people who just play alot quit? Nope not even slight change in emotions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb9XTK3_n2Y

Have you ‘quitted’ school? Leeto pls. You’re thinking like pver. Don’t do this to us.

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

right, who cares bout wether these cry babies quit cause aww, your farming was just waisted time.

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Cause rank is just PVE thing, it shows your time played thats all. How about all those ex-top players who have quitted or taking break till skilled play gets more recognition?
Most good players i know arent even rank 50, what about them? They win tourneys, outplay everyone and they get nothing, but now bunch players who just play alot more than others, do deserve something special?
Now thats the real PVEr mentality – wanting rewards for doing same thing that everyone else can do just in larger amounts.
If you really want special rewards for special people then lets make topics about how people in top 25 should be rewarded.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Cause rank is just PVE thing, it shows your time played thats all. How about all those ex-top players who have quitted or taking break till skilled play gets more recognition?
Most good players i know arent even rank 50, what about them? They win tourneys, outplay everyone and they get nothing, but now bunch players who just play alot more than others, do deserve something special?
Now thats the real PVEr mentality – wanting rewards for doing same thing that everyone else can do just in larger amounts.
If you really want special rewards for special people then lets make topics about how people in top 25 should be rewarded.

no. that doesn´t hold true since rank has always been an experience, not skill measure.
therefore cuting the hard work of some players experience earned in the game really breaks the essence of the system.

real dragon rank should be for r70, not 55.

in PvP

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Let’s be honest, if a few extremely hardcore players quit but it delights a much larger set of players who might be thinking about other launches right now, do you really think ANET lost? Hardly, this is brilliant even if it does not work out for you personally.

The real issue is that there were so darn few dragons. You always base your game on the semi-serious but still casual player base. PvP went too hardcore and that is why its numbers were less than stellar compared to other game modes. This is exactly the type of changes that will bring more casuals into the mix!

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

The Developers said they want Dragon rank to be achievable by anyone, and as they clearly cannot tell the difference between people who farmed Skyhammer and people who are more highly skilled, the difference will have to lie in the skill level (like PvE , except there you have gear differences). I don’t like the change myself even as a lower rank, because I’ve fought people into their late 50’s that I consider unskilled.

They need to add something that differentiates skill level between people, rather than something that can be flat farmed in my opinion.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

no. that doesn´t hold true since rank has always been an experience, not skill measure.
therefore cuting the hard work of some players experience earned in the game really breaks the essence of the system.

There is a point in the rank progression when experience becomes just time spent.

Is time spent a good thing to rewards people for in a competitive gamemode? Hell, no.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

All of the Skyhammer exploiters suddenly think they’re special and should be rewarded with prestige. Anet really should have reset all Skyhammer exploiters so we wouldn’t have threads like this.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

There is a point in the rank progression when experience becomes just time spent.

Is time spent a good thing to rewards people for in a competitive gamemode? Hell, no.

Time spent has to be always rewarded. This IS an MMO you know.

in PvP

Posted by: MrFlump.8725

MrFlump.8725

Time spent has to be always rewarded. This IS an MMO you know.

Which is the point of the new reward system which rewards you for playing and not winning (winning just increases the rate of the rewards) where leader boards are meant for player who wish to dedicate there time to become the best!

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Experience – comprises knowledge of or skill of some thing or some event gained through involvement in or exposure to that thing or event.

If you arent really slow learner, you got your experience by rank 30, after that doing same thing over and over and over again didnt give you any experience.
Now people who attend ESL weekly and fight top teams each week have real experience, how many of them are rank 70?
Its Player versus Player, and only way you should deserve reward is by playing better than other players do, did your climb to rank 70 prevent someone else from getting to rank 70?
If those who now are rank 60+ deserve special reward how about those who got to rank 60+ before they incrased rank point gain like 5 times? Shouldnt they get extra extra rewarded then.
After they decided to not remove rank points and started giving them out left and right, making weekends where you get even rank points, that was about the time when you had to realize that rank doesnt mean anything.
I feel sorry if it really was hard for you to play more than others do but anet have been showing how much they care about rank for some while now.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

No because a former rank 70 has evolved and learned all the skills and mastered all the metagame builds the game has gone through.

Any r70 has passed through the ele meta, spirit meta, hambow, decap engi, and they know all of the old and new tactics and strategies that are in the game. That´s something the 2week farmed r50´s do not have.

Also r70 shows far more experience than r55, there is no doubt for that.

in PvP

sorrow.2364

No because a former rank 70 has evolved and learned all the skills and mastered all the metagame builds the game has gone through.

Any r70 has passed through the ele meta, spirit meta, hambow, decap engi, and they know all of the old and new tactics and strategies that are in the game. That´s something the 2week farmed r50´s do not have.

Also r70 shows far more experience than r55, there is no doubt for that.

Then why we don’t see any r70 in top level play and we see r50-60 people winning any competitive tournament and holding the top of the leaderboard?

There is no close correlation between the rank and the game mastery. You can easily be a r70 and have farmed all your way to that point by just playing hotjoin, farming skyhammer and soloq without a real will to get better and training.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

For once I agree with Leeto. Being higher rank just means you play more, and has nothing to do with skill. Whether or not someone just “farmed Skyhammer” to get to whatever rank they are doesn’t matter because the max rank should be obtainable, within reason, by everyone or else what’s the point? A.net calculated that a casual player playing since release would be around rank 55. How many games have you played where it takes over a year of normal play time to get max level? It just makes more sense this way. Also it’s purely an aesthetic feature that represents progress, not skill, so stop being so sensitive about it.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

r55 is a joke in comparison to r70 in terms of pvp-wide knowledge and experience.

in PvP

Raunchy.6891

r55 is a joke in comparison to r70 in terms of pvp-wide knowledge and experience.

Please tell me what a rank 70 would know more about compared to a rank 55. I would really like to hear this. This game isn’t so complicated that a few months of experience between supposed veterans of pvp would actually be that great of a rift.

in PvP

sorrow.2364

You’re just repeating the same thing over and over again, regardless of facts, without backing it up with any proof.

I think we can all say that this topic is not worth answering anymore, as you seem to be one of those people who sinked hours into skyhammer farming and now feels violated by this change.

Nobody of the people I know to be competent and r70 has spent a single word against this change. The only I’m aware they have talked about it is Ostrich Eggs, who has just complained about ANet not giving retroactive rewards, not about the change itself.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Leeto.1570

I have group of players on friendlist who just farm rank in teamque on bad teams and avoid all top players, they all are rank 60+ and i have alot of friends who only play when theres actual challange and even tho they play better and have better understanding of game mechanics they arent even rank 55
And theres no way you will make me think that this first group of players deserve some extra reward while the second group doesnt get anything, cause sorry but this is PVP and people should get rewarded for playing good not for playing alot.

There are 2 types of top players in this game those who learn slowly and need to make same mistake 10 times and those who learn fast and never make same mistake.
Im not saying you are worse because you need more time to learn things, but you arent better than people who understand things faster.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

That´s because they lost faith about this game way too long ago.
Click, the first r70? I talked to him long time ago and he said this game and this pvp sucks.

I have made my way to r69 2/3 by carrying noobs to the win for hundreds of hours in this pvp, your words arent in need of a serious consideration to me.

Its a big insult giving any r55 the elitist award of dragon emote, when the real dragons should be the few r70´s out there.

If some of them dont say anything about this, it´s because they lost interest and faith in this game development anymore.

Personally, I dont give a f v ck about this game anymore, it proved to be a fail of development to me and I have other interests in real life.

But, that doesn´t change the fact the rank system change is terrible, inadequate, unproportional and goes against the meaning of a dragon emote (see back guild wars 1, only Starcraft and few more got his emote). That´s just how it should be. Something rare for the ones who have played and worked more for it.

Not something that even my cat can achieve after 2 weeks of gameplay.

And yes, I talk with Starcraft often, he is near r70 and he shares pretty well my point of view about the rank points needed for 80.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

I have group of players on friendlist who just farm rank in teamque on bad teams and avoid all top players, they all are rank 60+ and i have alot of friends who only play when theres actual challange and even tho they play better and have better understanding of game mechanics they arent even rank 55
And theres no way you will make me think that this first group of players deserve some extra reward while the second group doesnt get anything, cause sorry but this is PVP and people should get rewarded for playing good not for playing alot.

There are 2 types of top players in this game those who learn slowly and need to make same mistake 10 times and those who learn fast and never make same mistake.
Im not saying you are worse because you need more time to learn things, but you arent better than people who understand things faster.

We are not talking about Darwinist Theories.

Rank is about time spent in pvp and points earned, and that change has been cut by half in order to make everyone achieve dragon emote. Hilarious. See back on guild wars 1 where there were no more than 5 dragons in the game. And it wasn´t even a real MMO

in PvP

Leeto.1570

So something that your cat can achieve in 2 weeks shouldnt be rewarded but something that your cat can achieve in 6 weeks should be rewarded?
In reality your cat shouldnt get rewarded at all and my dogz who are in top 100 teamque should be rewarded.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

So something that your cat can achieve in 2 weeks shouldnt be rewarded but something that your cat can achieve in 6 weeks should be rewarded?
In reality your cat shouldnt get rewarded at all and my dogz who are in top 100 teamque should be rewarded.

Now that you provide unreasonable and immature arguments you lose any credibility.

r55 is pretty attainable by anyone with easy hours.
There are going to be so so many dragon emotes that the mere finisher is going to have no consideration or prestige attached to it.

That´s in any case, again only anet fault.

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Now that you provide unreasonable and immature arguments you lose any credibility.

r55 is pretty attainable by anyone with easy hours.
There are going to be so so many dragon emotes that the mere finisher is going to have no consideration or prestige attached to it.

That´s in any case, again only anet fault.

Its your own math, if rank 55 is 2 weeks and rank 70 takes 3-4 times more glory then you can get it in 6-8 weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I think the rank adjustment is perfectly justified. The way it was previously set up was completely backwards. Rank is and only ever will be a measure of time playing a single game mode, like levels in PvE (which take way way less time to get). Experience is a natural consequence of playing a long time, but doesn’t necessarily mean “skilled”. The better way to reflect prestige is through achievement titles, ladders and leaderboards.

Yes, it feels weird to long time players because you’ve been playing under a backwards/broken prestige system for so long.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Click, the first r70? I talked to him long time ago and he said this game and this pvp sucks.

I have made my way to r69 2/3 by carrying noobs to the win for hundreds of hours in this pvp, your words arent in need of a serious consideration to me.

Its a big insult giving any r55 the elitist award of dragon emote, when the real dragons should be the few r70´s out there.

If some of them dont say anything about this, it´s because they lost interest and faith in this game development anymore.

Personally, I dont give a f v ck about this game anymore, it proved to be a fail of development to me and I have other interests in real life.

But, that doesn´t change the fact the rank system change is terrible, inadequate, unproportional and goes against the meaning of a dragon emote (see back guild wars 1, only Starcraft and few more got his emote). That´s just how it should be. Something rare for the ones who have played and worked more for it.

And yes, I talk with Starcraft often, he is near r70 and he shares pretty well my point of view about the rank points needed for 80.

WOW , THIS GUY! Idk how ppl who spended half on they time in pvp on skyhammer map can even complain about rank system. Man u have 1/3 of tournaments playied then me and u have higher rank then me. Ofc rank system was always bad , it promote hot join farming , dont shows your actual skill/expirience espesialy with the skill cap in this game and how professions are OP compered to other , guy can come to the game roll war and 2 weeks later will be same efective then other guy playing this game for 6 months.

One more thing , Nary Why Irk.8150 , becouse of ppl like u ranks ment even less becouse of skyhammer then before , so plz dont come here and complain .

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I think the rank adjustment is perfectly justified. The way it was previously set up was completely backwards. Rank is and only ever will be a measure of time playing a single game mode, like levels in PvE (which take way way less time to get).

The problem with comparing it to PvE experience is that content in PvE is locked behind levels, whereas the only thing locked behind ranks are aesthetic finishers. That means that long progression is a good thing. Even if it was too long on release, the new one is way too easy. They’ve made it cost one ninth of the rank AND buffed rank rewards.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would love ArenaNet to post the metrics on how many people are actually r50+ in the game. I am rank 49 and have put in hundreds of hours of play in pvp alone. The number of people at r50+ is a tiny sliver of the population. People love to say how PvP is dying and then something like this happens that rewards more people and all of a sudden people like the OP are saying things like, “All the hard players that have farmed to r70 now are getting their effort screwed by half population of pvp being r50.” Half the population?! The OP’s statement is not even remotely close to being anywhere in the same galaxy as the truth of the matter.

They looked at rewards and thought that people that have put in hundreds of hours and thousands of hours should be near the top of the rank system which if we are being honest we can say: The PvP rank system is the equivalent of the PvE XP system.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Raunchy.6891

I think the rank adjustment is perfectly justified. The way it was previously set up was completely backwards. Rank is and only ever will be a measure of time playing a single game mode, like levels in PvE (which take way way less time to get).

The problem with comparing it to PvE experience is that content in PvE is locked behind levels, whereas the only thing locked behind ranks are aesthetic finishers. That means that long progression is a good thing. Even if it was too long on release, the new one is way too easy. They’ve made it cost one ninth of the rank AND buffed rank rewards.

Long progression is hardly ever a good thing. Mostly because long progression really just means you’re doing the same thing basically everyday. People get burnt out from that or get bored of it rather quickly. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be long term goals to reach, but there needs to be better and more rewarding long term rewards for skillful play. People talk about how easy it is to get to rank 55 but in all honesty it’s just as easy as getting to 70 it just takes more time. So, should people be rewarded for having more time on their hands? Of course they should. However, trying to make it seem like you deserve some aesthetic feature more than someone else, who has also dedicated a lot of time to this game, simply because you played more is asinine. If you were trying to argue that rank 70+ or whatever should get more rewards for their time then I would agree, but trying to keep people down and tell them they’re not as experienced as you and shouldn’t get any kind of reward for their time because your play times don’t match is a terrible argument.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

WOW , THIS GUY! Idk how ppl who spended half on they time in pvp on skyhammer map can even complain about rank system. Man u have 1/3 of tournaments playied then me and u have higher rank then me. Ofc rank system was always bad , it promote hot join farming , dont shows your actual skill/expirience espesialy with the skill cap in this game and how professions are OP compered to other , guy can come to the game roll war and 2 weeks later will be same efective then other guy playing this game for 6 months.

One more thing , Nary Why Irk.8150 , becouse of ppl like u ranks ment even less becouse of skyhammer then before , so plz dont come here and complain .

I´m sure I have more tournaments played/won than you.
“Espesialy” XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Is there any wrong on playing decap engineer @skyhammer?
It doesn´t matter where I play decap engi, I´ll success.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Funny guy

/15 chars

in PvP

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I don’t mind the rank change. A good portion of the higher rank people now were just Skyhammer farmers anyways and since there is no way to differentiate, the entire system is pointless.

What I think would be pretty awesome is if Anet added a new series of ranks up to 120-150 or so. It doesn’t look like that will happen any time soon since they capped it at 80 and are making rank up past that work similar to level up at 80 in PvE.

Another really neat thing would be CoD style “prestige”. When a player hits 80 give them the option to reset their rank and change the color of finishers. Prestige up once and your finishers turn white, then blue, then purple, then red. I think that works with the current system and cap, and over time some importance could be applied to rank again since farmers either stop at 80 or have to work their way up through prestige tiers like everyone else.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

it’s just as easy as getting to 70 it just takes more time.

A contradiction in terms. If something takes more time, it’s not as easy as something that takes less time. Cause time implies effort. And something that takes more effort cannot be as easy as that which takes less of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

hahahahah I’ll be a dragon soon

wait meeeeee

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I agree that dragon should go to the 70+ players. I would be fine just getting bumped up to shark.

in PvP

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Yeah, because nothing says elite like farming Skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Some r60-70’s deserve the boost, so do some r50’s (like me).

Can’t distinguish a dirty pve skyham farmer from a Team Arena player by rank only.

Hence, the change has to be like that. Kids, please stop arguing.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I guess I’m a bit confused by this post. You have a sentence that says you don’t care about the game sandwiched between a whole lotta ‘Haha, just kidding, I care a lot about the game.’ Pick a side, man.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

I guess I’m a bit confused by this post. You have a sentence that says you don’t care about the game sandwiched between a whole lotta ‘Haha, just kidding, I care a lot about the game.’ Pick a side, man.

I don´t know what you are talking about sandwiches here, but the thing is that I clearly stated that I don´t care much about the game anymore, i have other interests now, nevertheless, I am in my right to explain what do I consider about the rank change.

As others have stated previously, the real dragon rank should be at r70, or r65+, instead r55.

in PvP

sorrow.2364

I don´t know what you are talking about sandwiches here, but the thing is that I clearly stated that I don´t care much about the game anymore, i have other interests now, nevertheless, I am in my right to explain what do I consider about the rank change.

As others have stated previously, the real dragon rank should be at r70, or r65+, instead r55.

If you don’t care about the game, why the hell are you here posting and telling developers how they should handle a game you don’t care about?

I don’t usually go to a church of Scientology telling them what they should believe and what they shouldn’t, because, you know, I don’t care.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Well it was this or the complete removal of them…

And to be honest after the skyhammer farming the real spvpers couldnt care less about the rank, it didnt mean much after that point.

I was surprised that they actually made a system that actually works so that everyone that ranked up at least gets something instead of just “yeah it wasnt working so we deleted it”

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

If you don’t care about the game, why the hell are you here posting and telling developers how they should handle a game you don’t care about?

I don’t usually go to a church of Scientology telling them what they should believe and what they shouldn’t, because, you know, I don’t care.

Because I´m pretty much providing reasonable points as to how some of us players believe the system change should work it out.

Once again, I don´t care about what you do in your real life.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Well it was this or the complete removal of them…

And to be honest after the skyhammer farming the real spvpers couldnt care less about the rank, it didnt mean much after that point.

I was surprised that they actually made a system that actually works so that everyone that ranked up at least gets something instead of just “yeah it wasnt working so we deleted it”

This skyhammer farming thing is overblown. I’m sure they make up just 0.01% of players. And those that farmed will never have reached r70.

in PvP

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

I don’t think Anet recognize all the time this guy spent on skyhammer farming his rank 70. Anet why do you do this to him?

Oh kitten! SHOTS FIRED, SHOTS FIRED, OFFICER DOOOOOOOWN!! XD

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I just did around ~12 matches of solo/team queue today. 11/12 matches had a player above the rank 55.

Dragon finishers will be common except for, maybe, hotjoins.

This will not be a rare finisher. If you PvP regularly, you will see dragon finishers constantly.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Rank isnt an indication of skill, just time grinded/skyhammered.

Thats what the ladders will be for, it rewards skilled players and gives you something to showbiff prestige.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Rank isnt an indication of skill, just time grinded/skyhammered.

Thats what the ladders will be for, it rewards skilled players and gives you something to showbiff prestige.

You don’t think time spent grinding should be rewarded? Don’t PvE players get rewarded for the time they spent grinding?