an overnerf would be more healthy

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

than keeping the balance as it is now.

many builds are way too strong while others are below average.
with the recent pro league drama and the intention to go “esports”, a simple shave will not cut it..

at this point i believe, it would be more healthy for the game to tone everything down, especially defense, instead of trying to shave step by step.

if you take your time now it will be too late and people will not even bother with season 2 anymore. arenanet, if you lose your credibility now people will stop believing in your esports.

this is not a rant and i hope you read the feedback from your balance preview, because the few changes will not be enough to ease the frustration many players currently have.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

well the Demonic Defiance nerf is pretty serious. Nothing is going to change about bunker mesmers though.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I agree nothing is going to change for bunker Mesmer. 1v1 you are still immortal. And the amount of quickness/alacrity you can pump out in teamfight is amazing.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

the demonic defiance nerf won’t change anything about the bunkerish nature of the current meta; it might even make it worse.

a certain counter to druids and mesmers are conditions. the only 2 condition builds currently working are chill reaper and viper revenant.

chill reaper had a bit trouble with the resistance uptime of 2 viper revenants so it didn’t see that much play. with the nerf to demonic defiance it is possible that viper revenants will disappear and berserker revenants will come back.

will reaper see more play? most likely not. you will never run 2 reapers instead of the current 2 viper revs because it’s already a big risk to run only one.

less conditions = less trouble for most bunkers.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

the demonic defiance nerf won’t change anything about the bunkerish nature of the current meta; it might even make it worse.

a certain counter to druids and mesmers are conditions. the only 2 condition builds currently working are chill reaper and viper revenant.

chill reaper had a bit trouble with the resistance uptime of 2 viper revenants so it didn’t see that much play. with the nerf to demonic defiance it is possible that viper revenants will disappear and berserker revenants will come back.

will reaper see more play? most likely not. you will never run 2 reapers instead of the current 2 viper revs because it’s already a big risk to run only one.

less conditions = less trouble for most bunkers.

I totally agree I’m just saying that the Demonic Defiance change is a pretty big change for Revenant. Unfortunately it just means that the double mesmer/tempest strat will probably be even harder to crack.

in PvP

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

I agree, mallyx rev was annoying but at least you could kill it. The cancer killing off pvp atm is clearly the troll bunkers i.e. mesmer/ele. Now things will just get worse. Expect 3 ele comps inc

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Contrary to popular belief over-nerfing is always perferable to under-nerfing. You can always prop classes you nerfed back up if its too much. Everything is being ruined right now by these handful of op builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

“an overnerf would be more healthy” given that they nerf the right thing. Like Well of Precog instead of one of their double block. Like the rain of boons rev, mesmer and ele give instead of butchering Blighter’s Boon. Etc…

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Contrary to popular belief over-nerfing is always perferable to under-nerfing. You can always prop classes you nerfed back up if its too much. Everything is being ruined right now by these handful of op builds.

“You can always prop classes you nerfed back up if its too much.”

Yeah, after you’ve made a large portion of the ones playing it quit.
cough mesmers cough

You know, that class they nerfed into the ground, and decided to finally buff with an elite spec?
(Not saying mesmer isn’t OP atm, it is)

It’s easier to balance classes by tweaking things, than it is with a massive nerf/buff.

All massive nerfs/buffs do is cause huge swings in class popularity, ultimately kittening everyone off.

That said, not nerfing enough is also ineffective, and just kittenes everyone off as well.

shrug

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

“an overnerf would be more healthy” given that they nerf the right thing. Like Well of Precog instead of one of their double block. Like the rain of boons rev, mesmer and ele give instead of butchering Blighter’s Boon. Etc…

yeah i agree that they have to nerf the right stuff xD

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The chrono block nerf was highly needed (this skill was by far the best block of the whole game). But the strongest nerf to bunker chrono is actually the fact that they nerfed condi rev.

Condi rev took a bit hit. That will allow damage classes that were shut down by condi rev to come back = more damage. In particular, DH which can really mess with bunker mesmer may come back.

Rev won’t be able to deny downed cleave = more death. Bunker mesmer was particularly good at rezzing because nobody could cleave

This patch won’t completely fix the stupid power-creeped meta, but I suspect it will be a big step on the right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

The chrono block nerf was highly needed (this skill was by far the best block of the whole game). But the strongest nerf to bunker chrono is actually the fact that they nerfed condi rev.

Condi rev took a bit hit. That will allow damage classes that were shut down by condi rev to come back = more damage. In particular, DH which can really mess with bunker mesmer may come back.

Rev won’t be able to deny downed cleave = more death. Bunker mesmer was particularly good at rezzing because nobody could cleave

This patch won’t completely fix the stupid power-creeped meta, but I suspect it will be a big step on the right direction.

As a fan of PvP and GW2 I never want to see a meta like this of having a remote chance in hell of ever returning…so

Over nerf mesmers please.

Kill diamond skin.

Destroy all the new passive power creep that was made.

And yes my main is a mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Disable elite specs in PvP until they’re all fixed.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Disable elite specs in PvP until they’re all fixed.

Best suggestion so far.

No elite specs allowed in Pro or Ranked play

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I agree nothing is going to change for bunker Mesmer. 1v1 you are still immortal. And the amount of quickness/alacrity you can pump out in teamfight is amazing.

It’s not bunkers that are the problem. It’s conquest itself.

In a game of three points, it’s not rocket science to figure out that getting the first cap and then stalling one of the other nodes will result in a eventual win.

They need to make capping easier, and then require having at least a double cap in order to gain points.

They also need to come up with better defensive mechanics for bunkers that aren’t evade/block spam. Absolute damage negation is dumb.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

than keeping the balance as it is now.

many builds are way too strong while others are below average.
with the recent pro league drama and the intention to go "esports", a simple shave will not cut it..

at this point i believe, it would be more healthy for the game to tone everything down, especially defense, instead of trying to shave step by step.

if you take your time now it will be too late and people will not even bother with season 2 anymore. arenanet, if you lose your credibility now people will stop believing in your esports.

this is not a rant and i hope you read the feedback from your balance preview, because the few changes will not be enough to ease the frustration many players currently have.

I agree with a lot of what you said but honestly the issue of class stacking is imo a big reason why gw2 is in a state of dissapointment

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

They need to substantially raise the cooldowns on almost all newly implemented defensive utilities/ defensive weapon skills.

That, coupled with the proposed malyx nerf, would fix pretty much the lot.

You’re welcome everyone. I hope this post drowns in a long thread about nurf condis an buff teef survive.

Kind regards,

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

“You can always prop classes you nerfed back up if its too much.”

Yeah, after you’ve made a large portion of the ones playing it quit.
cough mesmers cough

You know, that class they nerfed into the ground, and decided to finally buff with an elite spec?
(Not saying mesmer isn’t OP atm, it is)

It’s easier to balance classes by tweaking things, than it is with a massive nerf/buff.

All massive nerfs/buffs do is cause huge swings in class popularity, ultimately kittening everyone off.

That said, not nerfing enough is also ineffective, and just kittenes everyone off as well.

shrug

+1.

Clearly that guy probably never played Mesmer extensively. Pre-HOT, minus few pro players that played at such high level able to be competitive, most Mesmers/builds were not viable at competitive level, thieves were eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner and kitten on them with “l2p”. Now this guy wants “over nerf” and think ANet will boost the classes back up? LOL.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

They need to substantially raise the cooldowns on almost all newly implemented defensive utilities/ defensive weapon skills.

That, coupled with the proposed malyx nerf, would fix pretty much the lot.

You’re welcome everyone. I hope this post drowns in a long thread about nurfing condis an buff teef survive.

Kind regards,

Thieves had their days, now it’s Mesmers turn.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

honestly maining a engi for the leagues i haven’t had that much problems with mesmer’s they either stepped of the point trying to stay alive or just flat out died after two min (only fought them when owning the point).
now they die in half that time ty a-net. for nerfing a class just enough for some people still too complain about it

and no i am not some amber scrub i play in ruby. with an occasional match vs abjured and PZ.

roaming/havoc commander of FTF