condi rev is seriously redonkulous

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

im not sure there are words to express how broke they are right now.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Condi Rev is back baby, #actuallyusefultraits. Though I’m expecting Abyssal Chill to get knocked down to one stack for PVP sometime down the road.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

sometime down the road.

Let’s say 1 month per letter? so….19 months sounds about right?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

im not sure there are words to express how broke they are right now.

Bad? Lacks stability, condition cleanses and any form of damage pressure at range. Is slow, utterly vulnerable to cc and easy to counter by most of the other classes.

The buffS to their damage are mostly useful for PvE. Power Rev is is still better (but mediocre overall).

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

doesnt need stab or condi pressure at range. can get decent condi clear with 2 sigils + trait and resistance uptime. theyre not vulnerable to cc that much lol. i think you should take the time to test it out, its pretty stronk.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

I am 100% sure they didn’t play/test their game.
Even if run once time in their(designer) mind.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

doesnt need stab or condi pressure at range. can get decent condi clear with 2 sigils + trait and resistance uptime. theyre not vulnerable to cc that much lol. i think you should take the time to test it out, its pretty stronk.

The problem is not how to duel with them. They like another DH make the game not funny. Another Movement problem in pvp again.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They still die fairly quickly not to mention there are nowhere near at levels they were in s1-s2.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Pretty sure condi rev is still trash tier, not to add that two of their most direct counters, thief and necro, are rly strong rn

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Pretty sure condi rev is still trash tier, not to add that two of their most direct counters, thief and necro, are rly strong rn

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I am 100% sure they didn’t play/test their game.
Even if run once time in their(designer) mind.

Well this is nice, the hate is starting to shift from DH to Rev. I was wondering what class people were going to cry about next was. I lost though, cause my bet was on Warrior.

Love the patch though. With the overall reduction in damage and sustain, my Symbolic DH feels even better to play. Haven’t checked up on how my Ranger, Engi, and Necro are doing yet though.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Buran.3796

Revenant is going to have a bow specialization in the next expansion due how utterly unfunctional is condition Revenant at duelling, roaming or PvPing.

Condi Rev as it current state moves slow and needs to reach mele/short range range to put damage in the target.:

• If you fight against a Thief, it can poke you to death at range, constantly changing their placement and entering in stealth. You can’t chase them or neither hit them at range.
  • If you fight vs a Ranger you will face the same fate but worse: stealth, Point Blank Shoot, roots, Rapid Fire, rinse & repeat. Rangers dance around with Ancestral Grace using ther bow attacks and pets to destroy condi Revs at 0 risk or effort.
  • Mesmers and Necros doesn’t even need to damage you: they can basically cc you forever with daze, chill, fear, pulling, knock downs, etc. You will never reach mele range against any decent player using those classes.
  • Warriors can endure your conditions thanx to their reliable access to cleanses and passives while hitting you like a truck, heavy ccing you or just burning you to ashes in a permanent field of fire.
  • Guardians can beat you at range, esily cleanse their conditions and keep that distance as much as they want.
  • Power Rev will kill condi Rev at faster pace than the Condi Rev hurts Him; they also have better mobility and cc.

I’m not sure about Scrappers and Tempest, I guess Condi Rev can do fine vs Them. But any class with a viable ranged build or with strong access to cc will crush condi Revs at duellings, roaming or PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

Inb4 all the people that say rev is slow realize, that malyx/shiro is actually the the way to go as condi rev….like it has been in Season1+2 already.

That being said however, I don’t think that condi rev is actually broken. Dropping Glint and the fact that they have no block on one of their weaponsets actually makes them struggle with focus damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It can burst really hard with Torment, but is still hard countered a decent Necro or Thief. That’s said, you can certainly have some fun with it, especially if the counters are not present.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Buran.3796

Inb4 all the people that say rev is slow realize, that malyx/shiro is actually the the way to go as condi rev….like it has been in Season1+2 already.

Shiro depletes your energy faster than Trump releases twits, and you lose 2 heavy AoE cc/damage skills if you detach Glint, plus Shiro heal is crap.

Until Rev gets a ranged condition (or hybrid) weapon, condi Rev in competitive gameplay sin’t going to be a thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Last night, I saw a Rev teleport across a cap point, then leap back half way and drop a purple pizza. The condition damage melted everyone.

in PvP

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

Shiro depletes your energy faster than Trump releases twits, and you lose 2 heavy AoE cc/damage skills if you detach Glint, plus Shiro heal is crap.

Until Rev gets a ranged condition (or hybrid) weapon, condi Rev in competitive gameplay sin’t going to be a thing.

Have you actually played around with condi rev? It’s incredibly powerful. The reason shiro is so good is that it provides Riposte and Impossible Odds, allowing you to AA enemies to death. With the right traits and gear, you can pressure enemies with torment while ignoring condis with resistance. What’s not to like? Also, obviously you wouldn’t just let IO active until your energy runs out. You can be more efficient and trigger it in short bursts so that you get the most out of the quickness received due to inc boon dur. It actually lasts a good 10-12 seconds which is more than good enough as you can then swap legends straight after.

That being said, thieves are still a hard counter but that’s ok. You win some you lose some. Also, with the disappearance of hydro sigil, power rev has just suffered quite a lot, making condi rev the next meta.

I’ve duelled power rev running condi myself and it was clear that condi is far superior.

(edited by allias.1420)

in PvP

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

Revenant is going to have a bow specialization in the next expansion due how utterly unfunctional is condition Revenant at duelling, roaming or PvPing.

Condi Rev as it current state moves slow and needs to reach mele/short range range to put damage in the target.:

• If you fight against a Thief, it can poke you to death at range, constantly changing their placement and entering in stealth. You can’t chase them or neither hit them at range.
  • If you fight vs a Ranger you will face the same fate but worse: stealth, Point Blank Shoot, roots, Rapid Fire, rinse & repeat. Rangers dance around with Ancestral Grace using ther bow attacks and pets to destroy condi Revs at 0 risk or effort.
  • Mesmers and Necros doesn’t even need to damage you: they can basically cc you forever with daze, chill, fear, pulling, knock downs, etc. You will never reach mele range against any decent player using those classes.
  • Warriors can endure your conditions thanx to their reliable access to cleanses and passives while hitting you like a truck, heavy ccing you or just burning you to ashes in a permanent field of fire.
  • Guardians can beat you at range, esily cleanse their conditions and keep that distance as much as they want.
  • Power Rev will kill condi Rev at faster pace than the Condi Rev hurts Him; they also have better mobility and cc.

I’m not sure about Scrappers and Tempest, I guess Condi Rev can do fine vs Them. But any class with a viable ranged build or with strong access to cc will crush condi Revs at duellings, roaming or PvP.

Have you heard of resistance? Demonic Defiance procs resistance with every demonic skill you trigger, allowing you to counter movement-impairing conditions and cc. Also, phase traversal will help you reach the target and so will Axe 4. Oh, yes, and Unwielding Anguish is a very useful gap closer too. So you have 3 gap closers right there

How can you complain about warriors? After their nerf they are now even easier to counter. All their big skills can be easily dodged or blocked. They have like what, 8 seconds of resistance? That’s not going to save them, seriously. You can easily apply 40 stacks of torment with UA and precision strike, given that you trait Abyssal Chill. Not to mention the chill duration. Warrior is too easy to beat now.

Guardians and necros are challenging, and so is a good mesmer, but I think ultimately these match ups are balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: zalt.8937

zalt.8937

What builds do you run as condi rev? Ive never really lerned the class, but would like to, to better understand it

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklTFhN5zqpBO0QNTnSA-TZRGQB+a/hA8AAEYZAAcCAYwRAAA
thats what i ran with good success. the shiro/staff is only for survival and nothing else. you could go sword/sword or shield and drop invocation or retribution but imo glint isnt really necessary. i also find sword/x to be worse defensively then staff. also there is a sigil missing (not to mention the site hasnt been updated yet), the remove a condi on weap swap one. for even more defense and less pressure you could go with mace/sword. people dismiss offhand sword but its pretty decent. alot better then shield imo.

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)