new pvp meme we are bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

in reference to players wanting condi thief/vent rev removed.

bOTEB.1573:
I know why people want this change.
Because they are bad. They struggle so hard to get on top with their favorite class that every single problem they face should be ignored (by nerf) and not solved (by accurate gameplay). However, the problem isn’t that these builds are more powerful than the meta.
People see a noob, playing 4 days GW2 (total) who have that Condi thief they have been reading in few forums/Reddit about, who slice through them like a hot knife through butter. Now these players haven’t seen such thing before and they have searched a lot of topics “How to counter condi thief as …” Sadly they didn’t find anything that they can handle. So the most logical thing is to come and cry about that build which is not even that powerful as other thief builds.
These specific guys have to know 2 things:
1. What is the current meta.
2. How to counter it.
And if they see people playing a build that does something, is not the meta, and can’t handle it themselves they start to complain that it is broken.

random dodge is the answer bois.

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

You don’t know how to remove a Condi, ofc u are bad.

You think a Condi thief is very powerful, ofc u are bad.

Your play experience vs condi thief is that he steal and you are done, ofc u are bad…..

in PvP

Posted by: Tokis Varx.5908

Tokis Varx.5908

Connecting a headbutt with a condi thief and watching your team slice them to ribbons is the most satisfying thing in this game. ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

I think it’s more on the lines of people can’t think for themselves because “meta means it is currentlythe best”. In a real world, Meta will sometimes fall apart, and fail to really show why it is the best. Only because the meta is specifically designed for a range of play where skill differences are so small that a number advantage becomes incredibly important.

There are a few metas that are set in stone however. Like in League of Legends, what goes to what lane. This is less because it is -the best- and more because it is easier for players to understand when playing with a bunch of random people.

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

I think it’s more on the lines of people can’t think for themselves because “meta means it is currentlythe best”. In a real world, Meta will sometimes fall apart, and fail to really show why it is the best. Only because the meta is specifically designed for a range of play where skill differences are so small that a number advantage becomes incredibly important.

There are a few metas that are set in stone however. Like in League of Legends, what goes to what lane. This is less because it is -the best- and more because it is easier for players to understand when playing with a bunch of random people.

Exactly. The build is easy to play but is far from the best. THere are so many builds better than these and can handle them very effectively. Just because someone can’t handle this, doesn’t mean it’s op. I have no problem with condi thieves ever nor I have problems with any condi build.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

well, like dude. vent rev is pretty easy to take out. like the kb is annoying (there is a 1sec delay & a big animation tho, so very very dodge-able), but if you have condi, cc, range or some combination thereof it’s basic. pressure to force energy burn & glint swap, negate glint heal, kill them.

condi thief…. it’s just got too much damage baked into evade frames & instant cast teleports. it’s very badly designed. the timing you need to actually kill them take significantly higher skill than the build takes to play. like, yeah headbutt after they have burnt shadowstep is a very good move, but it’s very hard to land if the thief is halfway competent. sure some condi & AOE spam builds can do quite well, but that’s about it.

i don’t have an issue w the idea of a thief doing condis. but this build is problematic from a design standpoint. it’s not like DH, which is easy to play but easy to kill once you reach a certain skill level (dodge traps + unblockable = GG). s/d carrion is easy to play, but actually requires high technical skill or good luck to have a chance at beating them. easy builds need to have their simplicity of use reflect in both their easy to play & play against, which is why DH works & s/d carrion is an issue.

they are able to teleport in w no warning, deliver a condi spike while evading, & then teleport out, only to do it again. the window to counterattack is tiny, & that is if you get one at all. if the thief is decent & can make use of terrain the fight just becomes more of a nightmare.

TLDR:
vent rev, like really you guys?
condi thief, putting all damage in evade frames & instant cast teleports is terrible design.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

i have problem with condi thieves on my power revenant they hard counter me bu that doesnt mean they are OP af…….cuz on ventari rev or mallyx rev i only laugh at them trying……simply some builds were, are and will be easier to play than others but still they are not so OP…..look at sind for example i didnt see him lose on power thief vs any condi thieves ever unless he had cds…..I want build diversity among classes not just one build viable on each class, if you want that then delete other traitlines and amulets and just make every class with metabuild in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

How hard is it to understand that condi thief is bad for the game not because it’s the best build, but because its design is absolutely, definitely, in every way one of the stupidest things to come to this game, on par with old turret engi. It just looks like a thing created to make new players that come into pvp quit the game. It’s silly.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

(edited by Gizmorage.6412)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

How hard is it to understand that condi thief is bad for the game not because it’s the best build, but because its design is absolutely, definitely, in every way one of the stupidest things to come to this game, on par with old turret engi. It just looks like a thing created to make new players that come into pvp quit the game. It’s silly.

Makes old players quit too. Maybe someday anet will learn that design is a part of balance.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

My pewpew druid gets them condi teefs everytime

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Condi thief isn’t even as strong as it once was. I’ve had to change my condi thief build twice now

Maybe its the people I play against, but I rarely face teams now on my condi thief that cant handle me (cleanse for some reason)

Like literally, once you cleanse off the burst we either run or fight and the little damage our sword does only isn’t really enough to kill anyone

Some of you just still have l2p issues

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Condi Thief in sPvP IMO is not that bad these days. However I am noticing the need to go condi in sPvP. The AOE condi spam with the cover condis and the super limited condi clears with high CDs. Just makes condi better at least in the lower ranks.

Remember it matters not if you can hold off two players on the point you just capped. If your team mates just melt away because of condis.

However I will end on this note. I don’t really blame my team anymore. I just blames ANet and their unyielding push for conquest in this new meta. I accept ranked conquest at current time for what it is. Just a different approach for farming PvE rewards. When Playing PvP in GW2 I’ve learn to completely lower my standards compared to when I’m playing games like Smite or CS:GO.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys