sPvP Season 5 2016?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

So SoloQ-people will be forever stuck in Amber or Emerald, except the few SoloQ gods? Even if you get more reward per match for getting stuck, i rather not play pvp at all, then get stuck in Emerald.

….
-SNIP-

Please, spare us your “I can’t handle competitive gameplay” concerns because you obviously never played SCII, LoL, CoD or any other competitive game with a League system.

Everything Grouch said sounds like a SC2 type system and if it’s anywhere near how I imagine it could be, it’ll be marvelous.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Come on guys stop beeing all salty after we got a dev answer.

Josh, I suppose you won’t give us an answer about what are the change. But can you at least give us the areas ? Is it a change about the MMR, pips system, leagues, seasons ?

It’s too early to give concrete details. First we need to finish up development and then run through our internal “it is ready to ship?” process.

In short, we agree with a lot of what has been discussed on these forums. Leagues need to do better in the prestige department, and the pip system can’t really support that. If you’re in legendary, for example, you should truly be in the highest percentiles in terms of player skill. Leagues also need to feel more rewarding, especially once you’ve landed in your correct division. In the current system, the rate at which you earn rewards slows down significantly as your climb becomes more difficult in the later divisions – but you should still be rewarded for playing in your correct division, even if you can’t progress any further.

Another area of focus for the team is improving match quality. I can’t go into detail here (it will be better explained once we can talk about the entire scope of changes), but I wanted to let you know it’s a priority.

-Grouch

Are you guys actually reconsidering the pip system? Please and thank you! Pips are nothing but a grind to the top. Let’s have a more competitive system in place. Maybe leaderboards?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: backup.1256

backup.1256

You’ll still be able to get the wings, even with the considerable league changes coming with Season 5.

in regards to the wings for season 4 progress for those that will not be able to cross the required divisions for “League Elite”

Will our progress in season 4 be lost when season 5 comes? Only reason i ask is so we don’t grind out all of the other achievements in season 4 only to not need them if they are reset in season 5.

i know its not all set in stone but i think there will be many people upset by not knowing how to handle the season transition.

i think it basically comes down to these two options for those wanting wings that can’t finish “League Elite” this season:

season 5 will be an extension – people should continue to work on achievements?

or

season 5 will be a new set of achievements – people shouldn’t expect their season 4 achievements to carry over?

(edited by backup.1256)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

You’ll still be able to get the wings, even with the considerable league changes coming with Season 5.

Hey Josh could you clarify for me, Will the current Year of the Ascension achievements still be available during season 5? So I can finish off part 4 during s5 to complete the gift.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

lol trust anet to devalue a legendary item. I was hoping this one would be an exclusive too.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

lol trust anet to devalue a legendary item. I was hoping this one would be an exclusive too.

Hopefully we’ll have a double exclusive backpiece/shoulder piece later lol.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

This is nothing but good news and ppl still bash it figures.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Hopefully we’ll have a double exclusive backpiece/shoulder piece later lol.

Ha! exclusives dont exist in this game except for the 4th bday back items and mail carrier which im sure anet will find a way to hand out. Do the esl players even get exclusive items?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Hydrymea.1379

Hydrymea.1379

Hey Josh could you clarify for me, Will the current Year of the Ascension achievements still be available during season 5? So I can finish off part 4 during s5 to complete the gift.

I would love to know this as well.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: ItsAOcean.5943

ItsAOcean.5943

I would love to know this as well.

Same. Can someone let us know?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

You guys do realize you can cross divisions in legendary multiple times right.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Do pvp team consider new amulets? Especially now when ele’s don’t have any useable now?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

@Josh. 1 thing to mention: Balance changes shouldn’t all(or even 90%) be held back until the next upcoming season. It’s too long of a time to keep the meta stagnant, and also making a lot of changes at once is more likely to have unwanted side-effects than balancing gradually. You are starting to get better at it(like the guardian changes) but there’s still room to improve

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Josh, I suppose you won’t give us an answer about what are the change. But can you at least give us the areas ? Is it a change about the MMR, pips system, leagues, seasons ?

It’s too early to give concrete details. First we need to finish up development and then run through our internal “it is ready to ship?” process.

In short, we agree with a lot of what has been discussed on these forums. Leagues need to do better in the prestige department, and the pip system can’t really support that. If you’re in legendary, for example, you should truly be in the highest percentiles in terms of player skill. Leagues also need to feel more rewarding, especially once you’ve landed in your correct division. In the current system, the rate at which you earn rewards slows down significantly as your climb becomes more difficult in the later divisions – but you should still be rewarded for playing in your correct division, even if you can’t progress any further.

Another area of focus for the team is improving match quality. I can’t go into detail here (it will be better explained once we can talk about the entire scope of changes), but I wanted to let you know it’s a priority.

-Grouch

Attachments:

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

more skill based? I think it is too hard to reach legendary
can you sell a legendary division booster in the gem store? I would pay 8000 gems for it

Not everyone belongs in legendary – it should be hard to get into.

As for the second question – no.

Hard or Grindy? I want a hard game that I can play 10 to 15 hours a week and still compete.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

can you sell a legendary division booster in the gem store? I would pay 8000 gems for it

Hard or Grindy? I want a hard game that I can play 10 to 15 hours a week and still compete.

I suppose it depends on how high you want to go. Want to be top 100? You’re probably going to need to put more effort in.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

You compete with your fellow PvP players. So if they practice more than you do the chance is they will get better than you.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

-Grouch

Will the new rewards (equivalent to Ascension from this league year) be available to everyone that puts in the effort, or will they be restricted by league divisions as well? I can see arguments for both.

Why did you think that, when they announced from the very beginning (before the League even started) that it will be available later?

But back to this topic:

The real question is not really whether the wings will be available (we knew that already, after all). It is whether it will be a completely new system, ability to continue the old achievements (more problematic, due to the stated intentions about how crossing divisions will be harder), or a mixture of both (a new system that takes into account partial progress some people made towards backpack already).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I suppose it depends on how high you want to go. Want to be top 100? You’re probably going to need to put more effort in.

HE SAID “TOP 100”. IT MEANS WE GET ACTUAL LEADERBOARDS!!!

Attachments:

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Actually, I play more hour per week than 75% of our Top 100. (yes, they are not really online actually)

I have 5k more games than half of them.

So I guess, over time, I did practice and learn enough to be on par with some.

The thing is… grinding PIPS or grinding GAMES don’t make SKILL based ranking.

But well, with your new intents revealed about TEAM play, not sure Gw2 was made for me. I guess 10k games down the drain is more likely to happen than continuing to steadily play that “kindergarden” pve competitive game that will cater to solo/duo q.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Does this mean people like me who only have 10 games to win and 2 tier thresholds to cross have a chance to get this year’s legendary without restarting?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

How much effort will it be to just get the maximum achievement points of the season? I dont care about pvp leaderboard

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Exalted Quality.8534

Exalted Quality.8534

If you’re moving in the direction of making solo/duo ques stick, it would be great to offer players that want tactically rich team-based PvP another outlet. I suggest a major rework of the mechanics in Stronghold (to be more like GW1 GvG) and making it 6v6. Then Conquest will be akin to Random Arenas in GW1 and people who enjoy teamplay will have something to work with.

Follow me on Twitch!
http://twitch.tv/optimalquality

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If you’re moving in the direction of making solo/duo ques stick, it would be great to offer players that want tactically rich team-based PvP another outlet. I suggest a major rework of the mechanics in Stronghold (to be more like GW1 GvG) and making it 6v6. Then Conquest will be akin to Random Arenas in GW1 and people who enjoy teamplay will have something to work with.

This, all of this

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

Still no answer from clueless Devs……sigh

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

Brace yourselves. Salty Players are coming.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Sorin Noroku.5342

Brace yourselves. Salty Players are coming.

Attachments:

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Schoki.8162

Schoki.8162

when will season 5 arrive? this year or next year?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I am a salty player. PvP is bad, very bad, for more than 4 years. They work on balance, for 4 years, and still balance it. Thank you for still trying to balance professions and MMR.

Sorry if I was too salty, but I switched from PvP to PvE in the past 6 months, and let’s just say now I understand why this game sells and where it is really good at.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Volt.8265

Volt.8265

Anything new about upcoming PvP Season 5? C’mon give us some answers! It’s been 2 months from S4 and we’re still waiting. Do we have to wait to 2017?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Anything new about upcoming PvP Season 5? C’mon give us some answers! It’s been 2 months from S4 and we’re still waiting. Do we have to wait to 2017?

Even WvW got more attention in the last months, which is sad. As usual in the past year they will deliver when it is ready while giving us minimal information before. S5 could come next week or Feb. 2017. We don’t know. No Guild Chat, no fancy charts like in 2015, hype is dead.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Syrius Gorn.5384

Syrius Gorn.5384

“Do we have to wait to 2017?”

yeah pretty sure now.

We have to wait to 2017 for season 5 and balance patch, they don’t care about us, they don"t care about their game.

They are noob in communication it’s just crazy

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

“Do we have to wait to 2017?”

yeah pretty sure now.

We have to wait to 2017 for season 5 and balance patch, they don’t care about us, they don"t care about their game.

They are noob in communication it’s just crazy

chill they were talking at least about something that they should had done in the 1st or 2nd year of the game…. at least they are thinking on improving something.

Leadderborads with ranks are super welcome, altough about the balance XD best skilled gimmicker may rise.

Beter way to late then never :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Woof.8246

Woof.8246

I hope in season 6 we can que up 5-man or xxx friends together , to join in soloque ….. and scatter in mavious matches .
If 4 of our member win their matches (or score better) , we get higher Rating compared to the other team that has won 3 matches

Edit: or if there are other premades near your Rating , the system ask you if you wanna try a 5v5 premade or once again scatter your team8s

Captain Kuro

(edited by Woof.8246)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

News about season 5 is coming very Soon™!

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

New about season 5 is coming very Soon™!

Yay!

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

What do you mean soon? In next update somewhere near 12th? And new info would be nice because you kinda don’t try to hype us very much…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

s5 next week confirmed

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Now it will be funny if it is announced that it is coming next year.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Sorin Noroku.5342

That TM on the soon says spring update to me!

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Here I am trying to decide whether you forgot an entire word or just a letter, but waiting for both news and new info all the same :P.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Even WvW got more attention in the last months, which is sad. As usual in the past year they will deliver when it is ready while giving us minimal information before. S5 could come next week or Feb. 2017. We don’t know. No Guild Chat, no fancy charts like in 2015, hype is dead.

I feel dumb now. There is even a guild chat this week. Maybe we will get something. We will see tomorrow.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Now it will be funny if it is announced that it is coming next year.

Well, next year is less than a month away and ArenaNet have typically not released a lot between mid December and mid January. I can only assume that a lot of their staff like to take some time off at this time of year and the last thing they want is to drop content that may have bugs when the people needed to fix those bugs are at home.

So if it’s not next week (probably won’t be) it will be next year (probably at the end of January). That’s not surprising or all that unusual to me.

I’m looking forward to season 5, that is if the changes they make are sensible and progression for the league achievements has been separated from crossing divisions.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Notice how he didn’t say NEWS coming, but New coming I think it’s just a joke about season 5

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Maybe it’s a typo? Could happen to anyone.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Omegaoufzor.2160

Omegaoufzor.2160

Notice how he didn’t say NEWS coming, but New coming I think it’s just a joke about season 5

“A joke”? To players waiting for S5? I hope it’s not, they really can’t be ironic about that.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Here I am trying to decide whether you forgot an entire word or just a letter, but waiting for both news and new info all the same :P.

One letter -_-

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

One letter -_-

Why is there such a lack of communication?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

News about season 5 is coming very Soon™!

GIVE US THE NEWS ALREADY!

p.s. Much love and such.