shed the condi clearing?

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

We used to be in a condi-heavy meta and so everyone shifted to include lots of condition clearing in their builds. This forced most of the condition based classes out of the meta and we’re back into a power meta, however we are not at full power because we still carry so much condition clearing on our builds. Is it necessary still for every warrior to run cleansing ire? for every ele to run 30 in water? for every guardian to run soldier runes and pure of voice?

why not use sigils of purity and generosity and a simple condi clear utility or lesser clearing trait and free ourselves up for dozens of new build options?

Is there a good reason still or should we shed some of the condi removal and push this meta further into power?

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Posted by: Pleurodesed.7625

Pleurodesed.7625

Whatever works most is the short answer to your question.

I’ve played tons of RTS games online, and I’ve always reached the top of ranks by following this rule:

If it works more than it fails, and when it fails it doesn’t imply a loss (or when it succeeds it implies a victory), then it works.
Forget about what most players consider unacceptable or cheesy. A strategy is a strategy.

So following this rule, try the game out. If you go without condi removal do you often have more success because you have better tools for the current meta? Then go ahead. Otherwise stay with it.
It’s about seeing what’s more typical and build against it. So you should start on higher ground. The rest of atypical scenarios depends solely on your skill.

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

With my luck, the time I don’t trait Cleansing Ire there will be 2 engis and a necro on the other team.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Solstice.1097

i should add that this question is regarding the current meta which I am relating to tPvP at high levels. i’m not really thinking of soloq as part of this discussion.

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

i should add that this question is regarding the current meta which I am relating to tPvP at high levels. i’m not really thinking of soloq as part of this discussion.

Solo q is run by condi’s. Engy kitten s there.

Vipassana

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Solstice.1097

yea this is true because soloq is like…. 2 metas behind usually. not to mention all the newbs.

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

yea this is true because soloq is like…. 2 metas behind usually. not to mention all the newbs.

Those meta arguments are kinda crap tho, if it was SO viable to go the way the tournament guys play, someone would do it all the time and have no issues against the conditioners – i.e. cannot happen without any condi clearing.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

shed the condi clearing?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Just do it on a game by game basis, you can change your load out in that minute before the match starts.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]