skyhammer go away

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: rastaman.1905

rastaman.1905

skyhammer making it in the ranked map pool is the worst thing that has ever happened to this game. and i have been around when steal could crit and assassins signet gave a 50% dmg increase on hit. and i have been around when the expansion came out and nobody could die. sure, skyhammer is a lot better than it used to be, but it is still the most kittened map in the map pool. i just dont get it how pve crap like jump pads can make it into pvp. do you check any of the decisions you make with your payer base? have you ever talked to pro players and asked them what they think about the jump pads and about skyhammer being in ranked map pool? have you ever read your own pvp forums? skyhammer is the most discussed map on the forums and most of the comments on the map are negative. remove the map from the ranked map pool now!!!

(edited by rastaman.1905)

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Skyhammer is bad because I say so.
It’s also bad because assassin’s signet used to be overpowered.
It’s also bad because I think jump pads are PvE crap.

Maybe I’m really bad at English, but to me, that pretty much sums up the logic in the OP.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

You’re the first person I’ve seen complain about the map all season. And it did actually go through a beta period and many changes ges were made due to player feedback. Where have you been man?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

You’re the first person I’ve seen complain about the map all season. And it did actually go through a beta period and many changes ges were made due to player feedback. Where have you been man?

God the old one was so awful with multiple trap DH/Necros on the opposing team.

All in all I don’t mind how it is now, except somehow I once got feared off the laser pad and died from it

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

God the old one was so awful with multiple trap DH/Necros on the opposing team.

All in all I don’t mind how it is now, except somehow I once got feared off the laser pad and died from it

Lol, I used to troll hard with Engineer on the original Skyhammer map.

I also really enjoy the new map though.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

I use to really HATE Skyhammer but since they changed it its one of my favorite maps. They did a really good job with it

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

personally speaking (again, just my opinion), i think all maps should be in play and it should be randomized (no player input). if you are a genuine competitor, then you really want to prove your skill and should you have to play both where you like, but also where you don’t. imho, don’t personally like sky hammer, but my personal opinion about map is irrelevant, just so long as when i que, i play to win no matter which map.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Skyhammer is way better than the old one. Im not saying I love it but I certainly don’t hate it as much as I hated the old one.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

I hated skyhammer (the new) skyhammer when it was in unranked, but once i played it in ranked, i started to like and later love it

It’s always the map of choice when it pops up!

Because it got a great turn-around option, this makes it exiting! Unlike those maps you know you lose/win once 100-200 points difference are there

And the best part, one person can do it, in case your team is bad – no problem, just get that hammer and you still got a chance!

Or if you are winning, still keep an eye on the hammer or you could lose! That makes it exciting!

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Yea, i like that the secondary mechanic actually matters in skyhammer and getting it is actually an important contribution to the team as opposed to someone running beast at start or trebbing badly.

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

pulminary impact can become insane and gives ranged classes a good advantage. i dont mind personally.

im bad at sarcasm

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

I love the hammer itself now and the map is better, but the jump pads still don’t belong in ranked (especially because they bug out A LOT) and using teleport skills is a coin flip of whether it bugs out/finds no valid path or works because of how it’s designed.

Better than it was, but will never be good enough for ranked.

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Old one still better because of dynamic movement design that need more polishing.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I like it, it provides an alternative way to decap. Specially if the enemy hold all points, the hammer will neutralize them all forcing a scramble. Any change is always good to the same stale map cycle.

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

agree ^^ pro players prize absolute balance and consistency (stagnation if you are not careful) whereas the general community may value other things that offer more diverse types of gameplay, reflecting the diverse player types (e.g jumping platforms, shortcuts, verticality, boosts etc)

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

skyhammer go away

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I love skyhammer, I squeel when it is the map to fight on. I’m so sick of the same maps that are foefire and forest. It’s like playing unranked when a map other than col is picked. It’s like having a party. Personally I’d like more maps in ranked, and take out foefire and forest. Just to shake it up a bit.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|