Nomin.5901

does nobody see issue that there are 4+ dragon hunters every game lmao

Carmen

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

It’s been like that since HoT came out. It’s because trap builds take very little skill and can get rewarded for it stilll.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

dh is low skill floor. They’ve nerfed it multiple times already in many different ways.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

Agreed. DH still remains at the top and is the ultimate god class to play. We should just all play DH only to get the point across to the devs that DH needs to be looked at.

HURRICANE PATRICIA

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

I love those who use the free kill 1,000 block and burn build. With my necro it only takes about 6 seconds to get them down and spike em. It takes more skill to win in a game then just blocks invulnerability and burns.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Sure Dh is such an OP class that every top players pick /s Don’t mindlessly spam your skills, take notice of the skills a Dh uses and you will see it is not an OP class. It was obviously OP as hell before with daze on traps but they already have had a series of nerfs, it is fine now.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Sure Dh is such an OP class that every top players pick /s Don’t mindlessly spam your skills, take notice of the skills a Dh uses and you will see it is not an OP class. It was obviously OP as hell before with daze on traps but they already have had a series of nerfs, it is fine now.

Screw traps, burn DH is frigging unbalanced. I picked it up for PvP recently and am dominating in my matches.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Screw traps, burn DH is frigging unbalanced. I picked it up for PvP recently and am dominating in my matches.

I think this has more to do with the fact that Guardian has multiple ways it can play compared to other classes. You have traps, symbolic, support, and burn. Lots of teams get destroyed by the burn Guard because they are not expecting it since it still seems to be flying under the radar.

I will agree though that Permeating Wrath needs to be looked at. The fact that it scales to group wiping from meh is pretty insane. The skill should just make you proc burn on every attack but get rid of the AoE portion of the skill. This way it would work consistently. You know there is something wrong when you take it to WvW and 5v15 a group because they all burn to death (I was unorganized and the others were following a tag, also I got a shout out in their team chat a guild mate told me). PM just seems to hit a critical point where if you’re not CC’d constantly, everyone dies.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: jsp.6912

jsp.6912

dh is bad when the game is lvl decent.
dh only good in trash lvl

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Dragon hunter kinda has a lot of ways it can be played with.

the following build are all viable at different levels but viable

Medi trapper
Burn DH
Core Burn
Marauder symbolic
Symbolic Mender bunker
core medi guard
aegis retaliation

all of these builds are viable in solo queue. If other builds had as much build diversity as guardian then i’m sure no matter the low skill floor we’d see a more even representation. Guardian is simply very fun and fresh to play with.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

Medi trapper
Burn DH
Core Burn
Marauder symbolic
Symbolic Mender bunker
core medi guard
aegis retaliation

all of these builds are viable in solo queue. If other builds had as much build diversity as guardian then i’m sure no matter the low skill floor we’d see a more even representation. Guardian is simply very fun and fresh to play with.

The only guards i see are the 1,000 block and burn guards. It’s anet’s joke on the community. Put a trait system and skill set together to where a 3 year old can pick up the burn guard build and play. Last 4 or 5 patches they had a chance to tone it down but they didn’t so it shows either stupidity on their part, they just don’t care, or maybe a dev sucks at pvp and guard is what he uses lol.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I can usually kill a DH, (on a vanilla PU Mesmer.) It just takes an annoyingly long time and I’ll probably get +1’d before I can finish him.

DH are annoying rather than OP.

It’s roughly the same against a bunker ele. Though, the bunker Ele does very little damage in exchange for all the tanking power.

Mesmerising Girl

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: shox.1586

shox.1586

Medi trapper
Burn DH
Core Burn
Marauder symbolic
Symbolic Mender bunker
core medi guard
aegis retaliation

Agree 100% man,Guardian is not OP at all,is just tons of fun play with,i feel that DH spec was made for pvp,i simple love that class to do any pvp content.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

I love that these threads are still a thing.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

People who are still whining about DH after all these nerfs. Dunno what to say. smh

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

If thoses threads keep going , sorry to say that but im starting to think its à l2p issue. DH are fine : dodge/block/evade their traps .

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Kerivek.5740

If thoses threads keep going , sorry to say that but im starting to think its à l2p issue. DH are fine : dodge/block/evade their traps .

It is entirely a l2p issue. I don’t mean that in a rude or mean way…but if you think DH is overpowered then you just need to learn how to fight them. I play with a couple people who used to say the same thing until I gave them a crash course on what to look for when fighting DH. It really makes a huge difference…instead of complaining about them just do a bit of research or try playing a DH yourself to learn the mechanics.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

Also , I understand that 4+ DH are boring but theres a problem if your team stand still on all of their traps and dies or even try to engage them when its already lost.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

I can usually kill a DH, (on a vanilla PU Mesmer.) It just takes an annoyingly long time and I’ll probably get +1’d before I can finish him.

DH are annoying rather than OP.

It’s roughly the same against a bunker ele. Though, the bunker Ele does very little damage in exchange for all the tanking power.

Oh how the tides have turned. I will always cherrish the patch when PU got buffed to 100% invis duration and 95% of everyone in pvp played Mantra PU shatter.

Good ol’ times!

Optimise [OP]

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

They have A-real I-nstant D-amage S-kills so ofc they op and everyone wants to use them.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Nomin.5901

Nomin.5901

im not saying they are broken or avoid counterplay, im just saying that there is something wrong when half of the players in a given match are playing the same class.

Carmen

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

im not saying they are broken or avoid counterplay, im just saying that there is something wrong when half of the players in a given match are playing the same class.

Pretty much has always been like that tbh. HoT just boosted DH popularity by a larger margin because of the class’s cool elite as oppose to it just being easy to play.

All the medi trapper DH are in lower divisions anyways. I’ve yet to see a full trap DH in Plat.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

The higher you go the less DHs you see

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

all these silvers/bronzies aww so good

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Kerivek.5740

What’s wrong is a ton of low tier players hear that DH is OP and rush to it. This is only an issue in the low tiers of PvP. There is always going to be something that swarms lower tier games because people look for an easy ride.

Even if they nerfed DH into obscurity…something else would take its place.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

It still rewards too much for the little risk it needs.

Stella Truth Seeker

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Admittedly, I haven’t played many games yet this season, but I can’t recall being on a team with more than one guardian in ranked play. I have seen some guardians that were either tough to kill or seemed to lay down serious burst either from traps or burns. But I’m new to PvP and I really don’t know guardian even from a PvE perspective. I have a feeling my habit of using ride the lightning (I play d/d ele) in a straight line at my enemies to close distance is a shortcoming in this matchup!

I sparred in that free-for-all arena in the new PvP arena yesterday. There was a DH there that seemed to know what he was doing with traps and a longbow. I was having a heck of a time finding an opening without having to disengage and heal. We traded blows off and on for a good long while (each killing plenty of other players in the process!) before I snuck in behind him while he was fending off a mesmer and took him down. Maybe I suck, but that guy seemed good!

Still, I’d say I rarely encounter his caliber of guardian and I expect if I were more experienced and on his level of play, I would be able to more effectively pressure him. I was certainly surviving, albeit by disengaging, healing to full, and returning to the fray repeatedly. Cowardly tactics! But then, I am d/d ele. I have the mobility to get out of (and back into!) trouble with ease! Might as well make use of it when I eat a trap bomb to the face and find myself at half health with a stack of condi and an angry guardian in my face!

What tier are you in? Maybe its like the way I seem to do fairly well so far using non-meta d/d ele? I seriously doubt it’s because I’m starting a trend! More likely I can get away with it because I’m middle of the pack on the rankings rather than near the top tier and sometimes playing off meta surprises people and they don’t know how to handle it. And if I can noob it up against a player who is nearly on the top 250 leaderboard, wouldn’t that suggest that guardian isn’t OP at all?

Guardian was underrepresented in the last tournament as I recall too, wasn’t it?

A single sparring match in a chaotic free-for-all arena is not exactly conclusive evidence, but putting it all together I just don’t see a problem here.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

DH is strong at low levels of play
but it’s mediocre at higher skill levels

its a noob stomper basically
having a class like this is inevitable in any complex rpg. its basically a litmus test for skill.
honestly if you’re still not that good a DH is never going to be as bad as having a good player on the other team on a DPS build (ie warrior, mes or thief). DH is a relatively straightforward fight, it’s very winnable on many builds, especially because most DH players are pretty bad too.

TLDR:
GL HL L2P

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

Completely untrue.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

As i said 10000 times before, 1 DH is not an issue, stacked are due to team utility (heals, CC, aoe blocks, aoe stab, fast rez etc.)

And yes, there are a lot of DHs in higher tiers (past few matches i seen double DHs on each team).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Can we talk about druids? I wanna talk about druids.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Can we talk about druids? I wanna talk about druids.

Druids are fine! O.O

Honestly haven’t seen more than 1 DH per team in plat. What I have seen the most of is Thieves, Mesmers, and Necros.

This one team though, poor guys, two Thieves and two Mesmers, one Mesmer swapped but it just wasn’t enough. We just left a guy each at two of the points and rotated around. They couldn’t hold a point, couldn’t sustain in a team fight. Best they could do was roam around trying to find people to gank with a quick burst.

But them Necros, let’s talk about those guys!

Seriously if you think DH is OP it’s time to realize that maybe you’re just not as good as you thought. I think there just isn’t any one class for the angry OP mob to go after, so they’re still stuck on Dragonhunters.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I hope dh gets more popular so i stop seeing two thiefs on my team every other match.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I don’t think DH’s are too strong in general, but in conquest game mode, and it being the only real game mode in pvp, DH’s are too strong. Trap builds in general across classes are too strong in a mode that requires you to stand on a tiny point to win. If we start seeing other game modes like Capture the flag, then I think DHs will be fine. But right now, it’s fair to complain about DH’s, conquest mode makes it too easy for even bad players to be rewarded just for slotting all their utilities with traps. Stand on the point, get hit by traps. Don’t stand on the point, then you can’t win the game. Fighting trap builds is really a lot like a human jumping into water to fight a shark. They have a strong advantage.

I think the only real way to balance all trap skills across all classes, is simply to make traps not begin recharging until triggered. I think that’s fair.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Completely untrue.

How so? I have never seen 3+ DHs stacked on a team so far this Ranked season since I’ve been in plat all season long. That seems to contradict what others are saying
here.

Nor have I seen 4 total DHs “every game”, on average I see 1-2 every game.

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

I don’t think DH’s are too strong in general, but in conquest game mode, and it being the only real game mode in pvp, DH’s are too strong. Trap builds in general across classes are too strong in a mode that requires you to stand on a tiny point to win. If we start seeing other game modes like Capture the flag, then I think DHs will be fine. But right now, it’s fair to complain about DH’s, conquest mode makes it too easy for even bad players to be rewarded just for slotting all their utilities with traps. Stand on the point, get hit by traps. Don’t stand on the point, then you can’t win the game. Fighting trap builds is really a lot like a human jumping into water to fight a shark. They have a strong advantage.

I think the only real way to balance all trap skills across all classes, is simply to make traps not begin recharging until triggered. I think that’s fair.

Couldn’t agree more when you make a game map based of dancing in and around circles to capture then those with big damage aoe / traps or speed like teefs have a advantage.

When i’m playing stronghold everyone is even and trap guards don’t do too much there since you don’t have to be near them like circle dancing.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I just did play a match (gold) in which the enemy team had 2 DH and a Necro, while ours had 2 Necro and I was playing a condi Rev. Fighting the DH in 1 vs 1 was hard but not overwhelming; in teamfights instead we demolished them every time. Our combined cc and AoE condi damage was just off of the charts.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Well my poor wee DH is getting stomped by Fire Eles doing 30k damage (100% crits) plus 50% heal inside 5 seconds. Seen this over a dozen times, huge burn, huge crits and a tidy heal. Only draw back seems to be a 4 secs cast time, negated by tag teaming with invis profession. Max target 3. Overload Fire can do 10 times it’s base damage, 2 to 3K per person hits 10 times (for one button press) – to 3 people max inside 5 secs -with 7K follow up. (two buttons)

Press one button and chase….absolute joke in a game this old.

Sure it hoovers up lowbies and kills pvp for many newbies and is a build that wouldn’t fair too well at non-lowbie levels but who at Anet thought this was a good idea!

I can accept thieves having high burst damage because they can be weak in other aspects and there are counters that force them to have care, but here we have a build which can easily wipe 3 players out with ONE button press! Way to go Anet. Ho Ho Ho.

(edited by lilypop.7819)

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Well my poor wee DH is getting stomped by Fire Eles doing 30k damage (100% crits) plus 50% heal inside 5 seconds. Seen this over a dozen times, huge burn, huge crits and a tidy heal. Only draw back seems to be a 4 secs cast time, negated by tag teaming with invis profession. Max target 3. Overload Fire can do 10 times it’s base damage, 2 to 3K per person hits 10 times (for one button press) – to 3 people max inside 5 secs -with 7K follow up. (two buttons)

Press one button and chase….absolute joke in a game this old.

Sure it hoovers up lowbies and kills pvp for many newbies and is a build that wouldn’t fair too well at non-lowbie levels but who at Anet thought this was a good idea!

I can accept thieves having high burst damage because they can be weak in other aspects and there are counters that force them to have care, but here we have a build which can easily wipe 3 players out with ONE button press! Way to go Anet. Ho Ho Ho.

Yeah! It’s a good thing for the ele those enemy players are forced to stand in place doing nothing for 4 seconds!

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

What’s stopping you from using Deflecting Shot, Spear Pull, or your Shield 5 if you see the cast? You can similarly force them off point with your traps.

You should try to scroll out and see more of the map so they don’t try these advanced tactics.

Don’t stand in the AoE, and don’t try to rez if you can’t interrupt.

I think Water and Air Overloads are more valuable targets for interrupt though.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Kinda of assuming the cast is working as intended, I have my doubts.

Imagine if DH traps moved with the DH, that’s the effect. “Snare and Hoover”.

4secs is a hellishly long cast, DH have a 2sec full group heal and I have never found it of much use nor apparently has anyone else. So the ele comes up behind or to the side of you whilst you are fighting another and presses that one button and you’re dead because once that first tick hits you get the next 9 no matter what, ~30K over 5 secs on a single button press. Makes a joke of condi thieves to say the least.

Obviously in a higher level game such eles with this build would get there name-tags noticed and everyone on the team would target them on sight for an easy kill. So its only really effective in the low level game where it gives one profession a simple “I-Win” button and causes some degree of rage-quitting. As I said, four year old game ….

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

I love how people keep trying to say DH is fine and falls off at later levels when the top player is a DH main and clearly doesn’t falloff at all.

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

I love how people keep trying to say DH is fine and falls off at later levels when the top player is a DH main and clearly doesn’t falloff at all.

Hard to fall off when you only duo queue and cheese every match

sooo dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Top players can play any class and do well. People say Solo Power Rev isnt very good in pvp but then you see Frostball get to legend playing solo power rev N A K E D !

Doesnt mean thats representative for average players.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "