team color=know win/loss before match start?

in PvP

Posted by: Vertep.2498

Vertep.2498

Im not sure but red teams at all are arranged to be 90% win teams, at least for me :v

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Far too small of a sample size to draw any conclusion. With that being said, since the maps are not perfectly symmetrical one side will technically have a slight advantage but it is for the most part too small for us to conclusively say which side is better.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

There are always tiny tiny advantages each side will get in a map, but they will never be enough to start a snowball and guarantee a win. For example, Red side on Forest has rocks near the jump stones that lead to the mid overlooks, blue side doesn’t have those rocks and is just a pit you fall into instead next to the stairs.

Will that ever cause a loss for blue team? no, i highly doubt it

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Starlett.9087

Starlett.9087

There were a web site that shows pvp stadistics and one of them were blue/red team winratio and last time i saw it (like 1 year ago) blue team were winning by 1%

in PvP

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

Im not sure but red teams at all are arranged to be 90% win teams, at least for me :v

kitten bro! You cracked the code; this is the secret to winning! You have to be on red team! I thought I was the only one that discovered this….smh, the secret is out.

in PvP

Posted by: Vertep.2498

Vertep.2498

There were a web site that shows pvp stadistics and one of them were blue/red team winratio and last time i saw it (like 1 year ago) blue team were winning by 1%

wow, so I see its still acting

and if you can see this 1 weird blue win on up was almost draw with reds, any other thoughts?

Attachments:

(edited by Vertep.2498)

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I did a statistics pull on the Gw2PVP site starting from the season start. Unfortunately, it includes all game modes, including unranked and hotjoins, but I assumed if there were any strong divergences, I’d at least see a tiny favor on team red. However:

Victory Red 1718 (48.1%)
Victory Blue 1855 (51.9%)

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Just for kicks, we looked recently.

Ranked games this season: Red is 50.5% vs, Blue 49.5%.

in PvP

Posted by: FitzChevalerie.1035

FitzChevalerie.1035

Now that we have official word that red is advantaged, please nerf red.
I suggest a unremovable debuff on them

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

On an unrelated note, my job recently decided to start doing workshops on statistics for the staff.

in PvP

Posted by: wanya.1697

wanya.1697

ok how about win/loss ratio if you have more non HoT classes in your team ?

in PvP

Posted by: Arcteryx.2850

Arcteryx.2850

There was a study of Olympic wrestling that found competitors in red outperformed those in blue. It was thought to be tied to an unconscious biological association between the color red and aggression leading them to overperform.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

When do we get our support red and support blue badges and living world content based on either red or blue winning this year?