the never ending losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Captain Suzuki.8067

Captain Suzuki.8067

Anet continues to screw over the average part time spvp player with the never ending losing streak due to the stupidity of the matching system. It seriously needs reworking as it is infuriating to average players who are trying to enjoy the tournament. Why even bother with a solo cue if you only match up for 1 win in 10+ attempts?? I dont mind losing within 100 points or so of the other team but when your team average score is less than 150 it clearly highlights the stupidity of the broken system. There are a number of other threads commenting on this and it is even more clear that Anet continues to ignore ever present player base frustrations…

in PvP

Posted by: StinkyLord.7950

StinkyLord.7950

why are you even bothering, if the game is broken providing no fun and challenge then its time to move to another one. Thats why i did

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

The never ending losing streak is a mix of a lot of things.

Sometimes the elitists are correct when they tell you that you are not good enough. I VoDed myself and saw some mistakes, which I’m correcting and the games are less of a blowout. However they are not completely correct.

Sometimes the system matches you with a complete baddies versus people with high MMR who are given free pass to climb the ladder.

^ This is the problem with the matchmaking.

We get it. Good players need to climb the ladder faster. However, I can guarantee that these good players do not like the blowouts they do every single time until they reach diamond.

The system should be smarter than this. Matching first timers who .. i dont even know how … climbed into ruby, with average players who understand the mechanics of the game and try to play the game.

And make no mistake. The difference between average and pro in this game is the choice making. Whether you’d run to +1 a 2vs2 fight or decap nearby point and +1 or fight 1on1 for few minutes or give up the point to +1 a fight elsewhere and snowball from there.

Most average players are mechanically good and can kite/juke just as well.

Sadly I’m never matched with such :c

In the majority of my games, now that I play mesmer, I place a portal at far and avoid a fight with a scrapper/reaper to +1 mid. We win the fight which resulted in 3vs2 thanks to me doing the +1 I open the portal and surprise surprise. I’m the only person going into the portal. Which makes me cringe because I know I’ll fight scrapper/reaper for couple of minutes alone.

But yeah, I can’t force people to teamplay. Especially when they don’t know how to do it.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Have you ever asked to your self “why I loose”?!
I asked my self why I loose in ruby division for 5 days in a row; after I’ve questioned my self I am Diamond division tier 2…
Why I loose:
1. I criticize my team mates very often, because they are weaker than me; if I do that they became more weaker.
2. If I see I’m the one who carries I stop fighting, I don’t want these people in my same division… they don’t deserve it!
3. I don’t criticize the opponent team/players, they remain strong…
4. I don’t use strategy…(because solo queue, nobody listens to 1 player, they all think you are a bully, or they are better)
5. Solo queue: If you are a ruby, you end up with sapphire team mates, against 4 ruby 1 sapphire..piramid winning, the best climbs faster…
6. Simply bad luck!
7. I’m a bad player!

What did I change:
1. Never criticize team mates, just block them!
2. I don’t care any more about the team mates what division they are in! Or the enemy team! I just want to win, and I win!
3. When my team wins a team fight/1vs1, I just write at “say” chat, they/you are weak, just give up already! They get so frustrated, that they really loose !
4. I use strategy, I got 5 friends from this season 2, with them I duo-trio, they listen to me, and the other team mates see we 3 people doing that, they join the strategy, they listen! For ex. We beat a super tanky team to dust yesterday, we didn’t even let them move to anything, we just waited them to come out, against 2 ele, 1 mesmer, 1 thieve, 1 reaper, we wiped the floor with them, that’s because everybody did the strategy!
5. The best climbs faster… well, if you have a loosing strike, change your strategy; like duo/trio team up; make new profession, learn all the classes abilities; learn from metabattle, try it out in unranked 5 times, and you can change your skill sets after that to your advantage, play stile..Everybody goes copy-paste meta battle, I do not, I change some skills, sigils on my professions, and I know what am I doing with them, and why!
6. Yes, sometimes you are winning, and one little mistake and you lost, that’s always in the pack card! It’s called bad luck!
7. After 5 days consecutive losses I thought I’m a bad player, my place is ruby only, after that I didn’t played that much, and one day I got 28 pip winning strike… because I’ve changed my strategy … people saw me I’m better, and now team up with me, they listen to me, I listen to them, and the most of the times we win! It’s very hard to get pips in diamond I assure you, but in 3-4 hours (15 min queue in them) I got 1 tier diamond.. so if I calculate right, I will get legendary easy!

In season 1 I always considered my self a diamond player, until now, I consider my self legendary, why not?! If I make limits to my self I will remain in diamond this season to!
I will make strategy and improvement to get to legendary division!

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

@LordOtto so you basically got around what the matchmaking system fed you and you grouped up with people who actually know how to paly the game.

That’s what got you on the winning streaks, not your change of mind/troll of the enemy.

I don’t even have /say chat on when PvPing so I wouldn’t even have seen your poor trolling attempts. Anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Matching first timers who .. i dont even know how … climbed into ruby, with average players who understand the mechanics of the game and try to play the game.

Pip and tier safeguards all the way to Ruby + inability to drop divisions is how. For all intents and purposes, the league doesn’t even begin until Ruby (which basically makes matchmaking below Ruby completely useless).

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

I got teamed up at ruby tier 6, until then soloed… and you really didn’t changed your mind about pvp, that is 100% Ravenmoon.5318, you are still blind, still raged. People don’t invite me to be in their team if I can’t play… you really don’t even think! And even to listen to me?! You didn’t even read what I wrote, you are just arrogant, and never change!

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

o.O Ooookay … i guess o.o

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Getting to ruby is easy, it will just take more time if you solo queue instead of with friends.
I got upto sapphire with solo queue, was even at around 10+ win streak and then grouped up with 1 of my friend and made short work of sapphire too.
Right now i am 5th tier ruby and still only grouping up with 1 other friend at evening times, sometimes i usually queue solo in morning hours too.
My suggestion, learn which professions are in a really good position rightnow and try to find out what counters what.
See 3 or more necro’s in enemy team? (very common these days) Switch to your ranger (even better if its a power survival build and not druid) and snipe them from range. Lots of engie’s and or revenants? Necro is the way to go, in-short necro counters everything in melee range these days.
Try to get good with 2 or more professions and switch accordingly, know the strength and weaknesses of other professions. Almost every profession has 1 or 2 big spike damage abilities, if you can find out what these are and learn to dodge them the game will become much better. In lower tiers 1 or 2 good players can easily carry the whole team.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Sometimes the elitists are correct when they tell you that you are not good enough. I VoDed myself and saw some mistakes, which I’m correcting and the games are less of a blowout. However they are not completely correct.

Sometimes the system matches you with a complete baddies versus people with high MMR who are given free pass to climb the ladder.

We get it. Good players need to climb the ladder faster. However, I can guarantee that these good players do not like the blowouts they do every single time until they reach diamond.

The system should be smarter than this. Matching first timers who .. i dont even know how … climbed into ruby, with average players who understand the mechanics of the game and try to play the game.

And make no mistake. The difference between average and pro in this game is the choice making. Whether you’d run to +1 a 2vs2 fight or decap nearby point and +1 or fight 1on1 for few minutes or give up the point to +1 a fight elsewhere and snowball from there.

In the majority of my games, now that I play mesmer, I place a portal at far and avoid a fight with a scrapper/reaper to +1 mid. We win the fight which resulted in 3vs2 thanks to me doing the +1 I open the portal and surprise surprise. I’m the only person going into the portal. Which makes me cringe because I know I’ll fight scrapper/reaper for couple of minutes alone.

But yeah, I can’t force people to teamplay. Especially when they don’t know how to do it.

Yah matchmaking is whack…

This here though: ‘Good players need to climb the ladder faster.’

This is said a lot… but rather ‘Good players should climb the ladder faster’

- because they’re better, not because they are given a free pass. Why should ‘better’ players not have to work for it as much as everybody else?
Why should some players be exempt from having teams with wildly differing skill levels like average players are having to contend with?
If a player is that much better let them rise from the same level playing field.

I’m fully an advocate of a hard MMR reset at the beginning of the season and free movement up and DOWN divisions and tiers.

A lot of ‘good’ players will get a hell of a wake up call.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I don’t understand why so many players repeat the mantra “get better”. If there is loss of 200 points or more, then it is not because of just one player making a mistake or two. Especially when it happens repeatedly in a very long streak.

There is more and more evidence the current match making is broken. If you had a high MMR before Season 2 and got winning streaks, the game will more likely give you good team players. But if your MMR was low and you were unlucky enough to have a long loss streak at the start of Season 1, you are pretty much stuck in a downwards spiral unless you team up with others. Solo queuers who end up in this situation are screwed until the match making algorithm is changed or MMR is reset. Now I wish Arenanet would offer players a chance to reset their MMR. I know several would even pay gems to do that!

There is simply a limit how much a single player can carry. If you see your team mates constantly dying like flies, you can still lose despite not dying yourself, holding and capturing points. You cannot stop your team mates fighting off point and doing other unwise things. And when this happens again and again, your team mates generally just get worse and worse and wins become even more impossible. Forcing players to team up will also lead to diminished player base, so I see that Arenanet has only things to lose here.

Blow out matches are way too common. (in my experience only 20 % of the matches are even e.g. 400-500 or so and the vast majority like 70% are blow outs). Blowout matches are not fun any competitively minded player: what is the fun of winning 500-100 or losing 100-500? And when the fun is gone, the players leave.

I really hope Arenanet addresses this problem very soon. They need to do something in the middle of this season, because already several players quit and more will continue quit.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

I really hope Arenanet addresses this problem very soon. They need to do something in the middle of this season, because already several players quit and more will continue quit.

Don’t forget that some players are in it to grind to ruby so that they could get their wings. I suppose that is why the queue is full of PvE people with serious lack of understanding of pvp concepts. Who just get stomped over and over again, meanwhile making the game harder for people who actually know what to do but got matched with these guys.

If ANet could eliminate that, that would be great. I tend to blame myself if the game ends in 500-400+ and I get better.

However when the games end in 500-50 I just get frustrated with ANet’s bad algorithm

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

I had to remove the chat just to enjoy the game, the matchmaking and meta is making people insulting eachother very often, contrary to the attitude that attracted me to gw2 where i found a really nice comunity.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

ignore the toll’s who tell you to l2p. I was stuck in one of those losing streaks for over a week. You know what solved it? I stopped playing for about 30hrs. Came back and boom 5 match winning streak, did 4 tiers of sapphire in 24 hrs with 80% win rate. Same person, same class, I played the same but for some magical reason 30 hr lay off made all the difference. Match making is clearly screwed up based on my experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I asked my self why I loose in ruby division for 5 days in a row; after I’ve questioned my self I am Diamond division tier 2…
Why I loose:
1. I criticize my team mates very often, because they are weaker than me; if I do that they became more weaker.
2. If I see I’m the one who carries I stop fighting, I don’t want these people in my same division… they don’t deserve it!
4. I don’t use strategy…(because solo queue, nobody listens to 1 player, they all think you are a bully, or they are better)
5. Solo queue: If you are a ruby, you end up with sapphire team mates, against 4 ruby 1 sapphire..piramid winning, the best climbs faster…
6. Simply bad luck!
7. I’m a bad player!

What did I change:
2. I don’t care any more about the team mates what division they are in! Or the enemy team! I just want to win, and I win!
3. When my team wins a team fight/1vs1, I just write at “say” chat, they/you are weak, just give up already! They get so frustrated, that they really loose !
4. I use strategy, I got 5 friends from this season 2, with them I duo-trio, they listen to me, and the other team mates see we 3 people doing that, they join the strategy, they listen! For ex. We beat a super tanky team to dust yesterday, we didn’t even let them move to anything, we just waited them to come out, against 2 ele, 1 mesmer, 1 thieve, 1 reaper, we wiped the floor with them, that’s because everybody did the strategy!
5. The best climbs faster… well, if you have a loosing strike, change your strategy; like duo/trio team up; make new profession, learn all the classes abilities; learn from metabattle, try it out in unranked 5 times, and you can change your skill sets after that to your advantage, play stile..Everybody goes copy-paste meta battle, I do not, I change some skills, sigils on my professions, and I know what am I doing with them, and why!
6. Yes, sometimes you are winning, and one little mistake and you lost, that’s always in the pack card! It’s called bad luck!
7. After 5 days consecutive losses I thought I’m a bad player, my place is ruby only, after that I didn’t played that much, and one day I got 28 pip winning strike… because I’ve changed my strategy … people saw me I’m better, and now team up with me, they listen to me, I listen to them, and the most of the times we win! It’s very hard to get pips in diamond I assure you, but in 3-4 hours (15 min queue in them) I got 1 tier diamond.. so if I calculate right, I will get legendary easy!

In season 1 I always considered my self a diamond player, until now, I consider my self legendary, why not?! If I make limits to my self I will remain in diamond this season to!

Nice reply but it’s a kind of condescending. I belive that the OP has the ability to know whether or not he threw a game. The MMR system being faulty is part of the reason why he is here. So, stop telling people that there are the reason why they are constantly losing.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Yah matchmaking is whack…

This here though: ‘Good players need to climb the ladder faster.’

This is said a lot… but rather ’Good players *should climb the ladder faster’*

- because they’re better, not because they are given a free pass. Why should ‘better’ players not have to work for it as much as everybody else?
Why should some players be exempt from having teams with wildly differing skill levels like average players are having to contend with?
If a player is that much better let them rise from the same level playing field.

I’m fully an advocate of a hard MMR reset at the beginning of the season and free movement up and DOWN divisions and tiers.

A lot of ‘good’ players will get a hell of a wake up call.

Classic!!

in PvP

Posted by: Thunder.7195

Thunder.7195

Why I loose:
6. Simply bad luck!
7. I’m a bad player!

What did I change:

Basically, to shorten your story…You got to diamond because you teamed up with people. You were stuck for 5 days in ruby and only got out when you teamed up. GG.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i had win streak 1st and 2sc tier. 4 losses in 3rd tier. got to 4rt tier and started to lose.
one match we were 5 ruby versus 4 diamond and 1 ruby team up. i always soloq
when i lost i am thinking why the hell no one use portal when i write in chat or ping the map or i manage to hold 2 point while my team whipe in mid and i portal mid to far and no one use the portal so we lost . also hardly in soloq no one target my moa …. so go figure. also i try to carry with 1v2 and still my team loss the fight in 4v3….
so i stop playing and probably need to find ppl to play with

in PvP

Posted by: KrayTsao.5604

KrayTsao.5604

until now, I consider my self legendary, why not?! If I make limits to my self I will remain in diamond this season to!

This is great. This is what a ladder system should encourage; players to -improve-. You looked at your own downfalls, defeated them, and become a better player, and make new friends kittenpect you as a teammate.

The ladder system matches you along with players around the same pip range, and if you think you belong higher than your current pip range, the only way to break through is to improve, PROVE that you’re better than them, and SHOW it by carrying your team.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The ladder system matches you along with players around the same pip range,

False. the game matches you to people with in your MMR bracket with in a pip range, -/+7.

Yes losing streaks are annoying. I only play ranked PvP now if people I know ask me to join there team, or if I hit the queue button and don’t realise(I’ve done that a few times, including hitting unranked when I meant to hit ranked lol) I’m normally on a win 2 lose 3 merry go round, but today got a six game win streak.moved me from T3-T4 Sapphire, so I’m 3 pips in to T4, as I lost a match and called it for today. Don’t want to lose my progress chasing a win that could land me at T4 0 pips. the worst time to play is frustrated. Playing anytime other than happy will cost you, as your head will not be 100% in the game.

Always approach each game, as if it’s your first of the day. Just because something worked last game, it might not work next game.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Even if you reset your MMR you will realize that you are a bad player! I hope Anet gives you the chance that you are really, really, really a bad player, and it’s your fault you are at that division!
Please Anet give those ppl an MMR reset, for gems, at least they buy gems for money!

I still say a stack of Shards of Glory x250 at the PvP league merchant should buy a clean MMR reset (except for dishonor MMR penalty which wears off with time). Another option is to give a “consumable” MMR boost value for gem store (i.e. buff booster) match ups that provides a clean -0- MMR record for the next 3 match ups (although this can only be used by players with less than a certain threshold MMR).

That would go a long ways for Season 3 and Season 4 to helping new players or returning PvP players as they struggle in a losing streak and keep getting the same ~20 team members over and over again.

I know even in Ruby that I literally only group with the same ~20 people (same accounts) over and over again in solo queue during NA primetime (thankfully, I win more than I lose but never have the rapid win streaks anymore to rapdily cross tier thresholds which is a bit of a letdown with the new system).

If I had to suggest how to fix this going forward, have the current season 2 win/lose streak mechanic for Amber through Sapphire (with the MMR reset option above). And then starting in Ruby and beyond tiers, use the prior Season 1 mechanic with the algorithm formula for % chance 1-2 points moves for losses and wins.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in PvP

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

ANET is killing the average solo player because they don’t care about our gaming experience. I didn’t play season 1 but looked forward to season 2 more than I should have. I thought the possibility of earning a legendary back item was totally awesome. I now realize they have taken that possibility away. My understanding is in season 1 you couldn’t lose “pips” until Sapphire or Ruby. Losing pips in emerald is a nightmare and that’s their plan. Like other aspects of the game Anet is forcing people to play the game the way “they” want it played. Can anyone guess why we lose pips in Emerald now? Anyone? I’ll tell you why, because they want “teams”. They need teams to try and build up the Esports appeal. Solo q’s are not conducive to their goal, so we are punished.

My record for ranked in season 2 is 23W-85L. Yes, yes, I understand I must be a terrible player. Anet is welcome to publish my contribution to every single match I’ve played and I believe the general consensus will be that I’m at least an average player. An average record for the 108 matches played would be 54-54. I heard someone say the “pity pip” was instituted for people who hit a bad streak and need to catch a break. I disagree, I believe the “pity pip” was put into the game because they knew how badly solo q’s were going to suffer based on the new system in place. So much for the people who thought they might be able to earn a legendary through in game rewards.

In closing I’d like to say that I’m tired of trying to find enjoyment from this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I’ve has a very long winning streak, now i start losing some matchs but it doesn’t really matter since they’re mostly fair . In all honesty, the common point to unfair situations was legacy of foefire map

This map is too one-sided in my opinion. It’s easy to get back on first leagues, but past ruby, it is way too easy to get steamrolled 500-10 to certain setups, where you get chain kded/dazed to death( that’s exxagerate, but you get the point), and furthermore, you can’t prevent lord rushs sometimes. Also, due to bunker/condi builds, it’s hard to get back against players from same level, it’s fairly easy to tank a point 1v2 for a few time

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Why I loose:
6. Simply bad luck!
7. I’m a bad player!

What did I change:

Sorry but you’re not legendary player. A legendary “team” player, sure why not. Your progress stopped at ruby so you teamed up. You say you don’t want to place limits on yourself. You did that the second you teamed up to further your progress.Teaming up is a pretty weak strategy/improvement and only proves my original post. Best of luck to you, but where would you be without help? Still in ruby…….

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

My progress stoped at ruby?! I teamed up once in ruby, at 26 pips, tier 6… You really don’t read?! Then I got 28 pips with trio-team, and I got my diamond solo. After I reached diamond I always team up, so what?! Every freaking diamond and legendary player duo-trio… if they do it, you why shouldn’t?! I should cry like you guys?!
Or what? Anet will not make changes until season 3, so go and cry more, if my help suggestion doesn’t helps you!
You really think that legendary players got their legendary soloing all the way up? You must be mad!

in PvP

Posted by: Amplifiction.8413

Amplifiction.8413

I understand OP’s frustration. My own results are pretty average – currently ruby, played 3 games a day most days. But I do feel a lot of games I played so far during this season were unbalanced. It usually became very clear who was going to win early on and that is not half as much fun as PvP can be. When you’re on the losing end, it is indeed downright frustrating. As many others have pointed out, a score <200 vs 500 should be exceptional in a decent system. Currently, it is far too common.

What the devs have created with the new matchmaking system is in fact a self fulfilling prophecy – based on a single rating players are given either a big chance to win, or a small one. The outcome of the game will, of course, confirm (strengthen) the rating. And repeat. It’s a weird decision that seems to favor only the elite players. Perhaps what they are spending on GW2 alone is enough?

If GW2 is about the journey, why design a system that frustrates at least half your playerbase?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

My progress stoped at ruby?! I teamed up once in ruby, at 26 pips, tier 6… You really don’t read?! Then I got 28 pips with trio-team, and I got my diamond solo. After I reached diamond I always team up, so what?! Every freaking diamond and legendary player duo-trio… if they do it, you why shouldn’t?! I should cry like you guys?!
Or what? Anet will not make changes until season 3, so go and cry more, if my help suggestion doesn’t helps you!
You really think that legendary players got their legendary soloing all the way up? You must be mad!

My point exactly! Thank you! The whole idea of success is based on being part of a team. Solo players suffer. I’m not crying, just stating facts. Cry babies join teams like you did. The system is broken and you have helped me prove that because you needed to team up to make progress. Thanks and best of luck to you and your “team”.

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

Please, Anet, give the chance for players to buy with gems MMR reset, please, they will end up in that same division, no mater what, with the same strategy, mentality they will remain forever there!
So people, try to change! When I played in amber and emerald in first time I was 1vs2 lots of time, and I killed them both.. what does it tell you?!

in PvP

Posted by: Thunder.7195

Thunder.7195

Please, Anet, give the chance for players to buy with gems MMR reset, please, they will end up in that same division, no mater what, with the same strategy, mentality they will remain forever there!
So people, try to change! When I played in amber and emerald in first time I was 1vs2 lots of time, and I killed them both.. what does it tell you?!

Lol…
Youre quite funny Otto. The only difference you made was teaming up with other players. So instead you can advice people to do the same, not sugarcoat what you actually did “change of mentally” give me a break…I cant stop laughing.

Besides that, theres nothing wrong with teaming up. Ranked arena is for teams after all, since they removed soloq.

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’m a casual player in spvp: 3-10 games, or 3 as an average per day. I got to diamond soloQ on just an Ele, playing Meta auramancer with mostly cleric, and a bit of menders toward the end. If you play any of the meta classes, you should have no problem. My longest lose stream was 3 games, and that happened once. I believe if you are really good at any of the meta classes, getting to diamond is not going to take very long. There were many games where I lost by only 30 points. The toxic part is when one person on your team is just trash talking your own team. But hey, that’s their problem, just laugh it off. Try to communicate rotations instead of just telling people to rotate.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

drcraig.9403

This has nothing to do with MMR reset. I could team up and progress just like you did. If teaming up is the only way to progress, ranked should be for teams only. Then the playing field would be even. If you read my original post you would understand my complaint. By the way, winning 1v2 is not impressive. Sorry

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Lol…
Youre quite funny Otto. The only difference you made was teaming up with other players. So instead you can advice people to do the same, not sugarcoat what you actually did “change of mentally” give me a break…I cant stop laughing.

Besides that, theres nothing wrong with teaming up. Ranked arena is for teams after all, since they removed soloq.

They removed solo q for ranked? I solo q all the time for ranked. Does it depend on the server you play on or something?

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

Thunder.7195 just read you f kitten! You don’t even read what I wright!

in PvP

drcraig.9403

The ladder system matches you along with players around the same pip range,

False. the game matches you to people with in your MMR bracket with in a pip range, -/+7.

Yes losing streaks are annoying. I only play ranked PvP now if people I know ask me to join there team, or if I hit the queue button and don’t realise(I’ve done that a few times, including hitting unranked when I meant to hit ranked lol) I’m normally on a win 2 lose 3 merry go round, but today got a six game win streak.moved me from T3-T4 Sapphire, so I’m 3 pips in to T4, as I lost a match and called it for today. Don’t want to lose my progress chasing a win that could land me at T4 0 pips. the worst time to play is frustrated. Playing anytime other than happy will cost you, as your head will not be 100% in the game.

Always approach each game, as if it’s your first of the day. Just because something worked last game, it might not work next game.

Sound advice and very true. Frustration does have a very negative impact on the experience. Going to put that into practice. I start to feel frustrated, I’m going to stop and pick up again the next day.

in PvP

Posted by: Crig.6245

Crig.6245

Had over all like 10 loses from the start of the season. Got into diamond full solo.
Boy it sucks here… i wish i was forever ruby. Atleast there people say “hi” at the start of the game.
Ew.

in PvP

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

Repeat after me: “Matchmaking is not rigged.”

Attachments:

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

in PvP

drcraig.9403

I feel your pain.

in PvP

Posted by: Draviste.9850

Draviste.9850

I feel your pain as well, just a crappy match making system…….

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

A few of those where quiet close. To win in ranked, 90% of the time your opponents have to make more mistakes than your team. I’ve had wins vs teams that wiped the floor with the team I was in in combat, but reacted slowly to retaking points and chasing people to get the kill over staying on point. Another thing I’ve noticed is the lack of people calling targets, or when targets are called people not focusing on them. This can also loose you a match. If everyone is having there own little 1v1 and the other team just focus on bursting one person down at a time, 90% of the time they’ll win.

(all % are pulled from thin air, but the probability of not doing these things will likely result in a loss over a win)

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

I had to remove the chat just to enjoy the game, the matchmaking and meta is making people insulting eachother very often, contrary to the attitude that attracted me to gw2 where i found a really nice comunity.

This is so true

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Lol… matchmaking is not rigged

in PvP

Posted by: Irisviel von Einzbern.1473

Irisviel von Einzbern.1473

I know exactly what you mean. It feels like a constant uphill battle, and even if you eke out a victory on a node in a fight, your team has already lost the rest of the map in the meantime. A teammate starts beast with two enemies in the vicinity? No problem – burn your cooldowns and moa both of them. Oops, still get beast stolen by the two moas.

Attachments:

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

I know exactly what you mean. It feels like a constant uphill battle, and even if you eke out a victory on a node in a fight, your team has already lost the rest of the map in the meantime. A teammate starts beast with two enemies in the vicinity? No problem – burn your cooldowns and moa both of them. Oops, still get beast stolen by the two moas.

That’s a spot of bad luck, quite a few close games there.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’m a casual player in spvp: 3-10 games, or 3 as an average per day. I got to diamond soloQ on just an Ele, playing Meta auramancer with mostly cleric, and a bit of menders toward the end. If you play any of the meta classes, you should have no problem. My longest lose stream was 3 games, and that happened once. I believe if you are really good at any of the meta classes, getting to diamond is not going to take very long. There were many games where I lost by only 30 points. The toxic part is when one person on your team is just trash talking your own team. But hey, that’s their problem, just laugh it off. Try to communicate rotations instead of just telling people to rotate.

I play the same thing you did and have 5k thousands of hours on my ele but my soloq experience was drastically different than yours and my ascension to diamond is painful af. The difference between my win streaks and my loose streak are extremely obvious though: the team I’m given by the soloq algorithm. Not that I’m getting carried by better player than me when I win. They are, most of the time, not better at all. However, they do not need to be carried is the major difference.

Knowing how the algorithm seem to work, your MMR is more than likely what made the difference in how easy it was. I truly regret having not having cared about it before but OTOH it was not relevant before in how you were attributed matches.

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Anet continues to screw over the average part time spvp player with the never ending losing streak due to the stupidity of the matching system.

If you are on a losing streak, ie, 3 games loss, take a break for 30 minutes or so. Do something else. There is absolutely no reason why you should be in a 3+ games loss streak at a stretch.

How do I know? I made this mistake while I started this season. I was at a loss because I simply did not know how matches could be so bad. By the time, I realized, it was almost too late. I lost 60 matches and won hardly 7. I took a break. I just did my daily and did other things and logged off. I continued doing that and pulled myself out of loss streaks. My MMR is horrid and every game is a struggle but, I pulled myself out of the hellhole.

Do I support this type of matchmaking? Absolutely not. I am still baffled how this design made it to live server on an online carebear theme park MMO game. That said, you can still protect yourself. Play less and you will win more as long as you know the basics.

Hope this helps.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

In fact, without HOT = loser.
Don’t want to buy HOT which is no fun, but S2 forced you to buy.
This was Anet really want, i saw through the decision and uninstalled it today.
I don’t want to challenge any more.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i am in mid ruby mainly soloq. most i got is win. i know i will loss in the beginning of the fight if my team dont call target or dont target my moa. than i just try to push far decap it and try to hold 1v2 and hope my team will win 4v3 or 3v2.
one game we had a enemy thief. i ask the engi to guard between mid and close and the thief constantly decap close cause the engi always left his spot while we always out numbered them . they almost won till i got the thief down and let him bleed (didnt stomp him at all and he ress himslef) so he stop decaping our point. need i say i had to rotate with portal close mid – mid far and noone use it to help +1 etc…

and my team call me nube cause i didnt target the necro (who got ress by the ele and ranger)…. go figure. at the end they shut up cause i had 165 point while my team had about 30-50 points ..

so yes match making is not the problem its the ppl in it

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Im having tons of fun on my non-hot second account, and usually end the game with quite a few top stats. I cant say I have a running winning streak all the time, but then I queue at times when theres only 10 people queueing in my piprange (if I am lucky, otherwise Ill have to wait 30+ minutes for a match).

About every 7-9 wins I get 1-2 losses.

I am in end of sapphire, dont really have the ambition to get to legendary on a measly second account, but well… if its ruby then fine. Might even go until diamond.

The new amulets btw, help a LOT. Try out those old OP builds, tweak them a bit and you are nearly as strong as with hot-specc. Of course you have to be good to make up for those missing few percent that non-hot builds are not as good as hot builds.

But it definitely is NOT unplayable.

To loosing streak:
If you experienced a loosing streak of some magnitude (Id guess something around 5+) then that means your mmr is totally kittened.
Which is the moment you should stop playing… and go find a team yourself.
If you dont want to do that, and want to keep anet doing that job for you, then you cant really complain about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

If you experienced a loosing streak of some magnitude (Id guess something around 5+) then that means your mmr is totally kittened.
If you dont want to do that, and want to keep anet doing that job for you, then you cant really complain about it.

People do stop playing, and that’s pretty much the end of it. The strong point about GW2 is that you’re obviously at an advantage with a team, but the game solo wasn’t unplayable. Hell I’ve played fine matches without even talking.

I remember GW1 where, if you wanted to have matches that were remotely fun, you HAD to team up. The first thing that struck me when I installed GW2 is that that hassle was gone. I could press join and pvp, as simple as that, and it wasn’t even all that bad.

You see MMR as some sort of brand that you can’t get rid off once it’s burned in your behind. That tastes like real life, like work, but noone pays me. I don’t wanna be branded for the sake of fun, so I pick the alternative→unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

Im having tons of fun on my non-hot second account, and usually end the game with quite a few top stats. I cant say I have a running winning streak all the time, but then I queue at times when theres only 10 people queueing in my piprange (if I am lucky, otherwise Ill have to wait 30+ minutes for a match).

About every 7-9 wins I get 1-2 losses.

I am in end of sapphire, dont really have the ambition to get to legendary on a measly second account, but well… if its ruby then fine. Might even go until diamond.

The new amulets btw, help a LOT. Try out those old OP builds, tweak them a bit and you are nearly as strong as with hot-specc. Of course you have to be good to make up for those missing few percent that non-hot builds are not as good as hot builds.

But it definitely is NOT unplayable.

To loosing streak:

I uninstalled it, because i’m casual.
Thank you for your suggestion, but i am tired really.
I will go to play The Division, see you my friend.