well, to be honest, i always pictured the thief to be doing exactly that and i still think the thief should be the hard counter to every zerker spec in the game. every other profession can endure a thief long enough and even win. plus, i don’t really want to discuss this, because i am a really really terrible thief and i cannot even know if this is true in general.
Then enjoy the bunker celestial cheese comp /thread
You’re wrong on so many levels it isn’t even funny anymore, I don’t know where to start… First, the main argument that thief counters every zerker spec. Lets go through the classes, btw. I’m always referring to a d/p thief, not s/d.
1. Zerker Warrior is just bad due to being a one-trick-pony (evis / 100b)
2. Zerker Ranger is quite a thread to thieves cuz u have to blow 2 gapclosers to get on him, while one is a stunbreak and the other your daze/boonsteal. If the ranger isn’t caught in a rlly bad spot, he usually has the upper hand. A good Ranger will completely troll you by starting rapid fire when you put down black powder, the channel will kill you while stealthing
3. Zekrer Engis are, like warriors, one-trick-ponies
4. Tbh I haven’t seen a power nec since lich nerf, therefore cant really say something about it…
5. Zerker scepter eles got a solid 50% chance I’d say. Due to tripple block and invuln (if running focus), they can mitigate a lot of your damage while they deal crazy amounts of damage. Phoenix, the hardest hitting skill, can be cast w/o target into sr or black powder.
6. Zerker guardians wreck thieves, period.
7. Thieves usually got the upper hand against mesmers, eventough when the mesmer dodges the steal he has a solid chance. Since steal is instant, doding it is a lot about expierence and predicting.
Something to add to all the steal-haters. We invest 4 traits (8 Points) into this 1 skill. Yea it is powerful, but dont forget if you fail it more than once (sometimes once is already enough), you isntantly lost your 1v1.
As you may see “countering every zerker spec” is just plain wrong. The only zerker spec truly countered is mesmer. And now it gets interesting. In the quote above you say, that we obviously want the celstial chees comp to continue. Therefore I assume that you’re refering to teamq (where you can actually decide which comp you run). And this is the point where I call l2p. Not directly towards you, but to your team. If you’re running a mesmer and your team isn’t peeling for you, you’re doing it wrong. However if my assumption is wrong and you’re referring to soloq, then you just got to get used to it. Every1 gets countered by a certain spec.
One point I agree with you is, that consume plasma is too much. Remove the aegis and it’s pretty balanced.
To the last one, celestial existing due to thief. What a joke. The problem is that thief/mesmer is faster between nodes that most other roamers so you pick these two, plus most celestial bunker builds are more viable than their zerker counterparts. d/d ele is just incredibly strong with the amount of protection and cleanse you get, espically when you add the mightstacking, same goes for staff ele. As I mentioned above, warrior zerker is imo useless. The celestial builds are just the best you can get out of the class, that’s why it is so popular. Compared to zerker amulet you loose quite a lot of power and some crit chance. But then you just go mighstacking like crazy and pick your thief with pack runes, tadaa 2 sustainers with zerker dmg…
(edited by josh.7390)