ABC music, Bring it to guild wars

in Suggestions

Posted by: ohac.8720

ohac.8720

All I got to say to the devs is, in lotro , that is the only reason I goto that game now and to be honest many players do. ABC music is simple to implment and can be a blast with scripting. I personally have developed and re-composed over 200+ songs for lotro in 4 part songs. 2 lutes, bass and harp. Many which get huge praise to this point,, you end up a game within a game. A social aspect that inspires even greater community. Fun events that can be added to seasonal events and more. Heck you can even turn said musical items into actual weapons of some sort

Anyways, think about it, add it to your “could happen list” I would love to see it and just dump lotro. Thou that means, I would need to buy 3 more accounts for guild wars just so I have my own personal band again for production purposes. hmmm…

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer
http://www.dragonhorn.net

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I write my own lyrics and ?sing? the songs in the game. It would be awesome if I or someone else could compose music to accompany me with . This would add a whole new layer to RP in this game.

I would, however, recommend an additional setting in the sound options so that people who do not wish to hear this type of music, or someone who doesn’t like a particular song, can avoid being annoyed. Plus a bindable hot-key for this option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ohac.8720

ohac.8720

Well the abc music is scripted music opensource code that allows developers to implment the system within thier applications. In this abc was implmented in LOTRO when it was launched and grew into a huge community in the game dedicated purly to playing music in game.

There is no actual voice singing in game (thou I you could sing I guess with the voip option, but alas the in game abc system is just an application that allows developers to code in musical tones that tie into variables that can be scripted out of game to make those tones = a musical assembly. In the end ,the system itself is easy to use and implment. What it takes a development team to do is make an interface (Gui) in game, add relivent sound files that = notes then apply the /commands and or button interfaces to load then execute the abc text files that players can develop.

More can be found at

http://abc.sourceforge.net/

Helpful more for the devs, thou being a developer myself, I would be willing to help for a price

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer
http://www.dragonhorn.net

in Suggestions

Posted by: ashesfaded.9476

ashesfaded.9476

I like the idea of in game music.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I write my own lyrics and -sing- the songs in the game.

By ‘sing’, I mean I ask people if they want to hear a song and if they do, I give them a list of songs I have written lyrics for and then I type out the lyrics for that song.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naga Sadow.5064

Naga Sadow.5064

This would be a great addition that requires little effort to implement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stron Magnesson.8017

Stron Magnesson.8017

I also started a thread on this. I’ll just paste my comment here.

Here’s an idea i came across from playing Mabinogi.

There were a few instruments you could buy in game, such as a Lute or Flute, and you could inscribe Sheet Music with simple notation (A, A#, Bb, B, C, …) and then play the music you wrote in the game for others to listen to.

Mabinogi took this a step further, which i think is unnecessary (master class songs had magical properties when performed) but i think this would be an interesting past time, adding to the social aspect of the game, and giving players something to actually dance to.

If coding the sheet music is too difficult, then just have one song available by default, sell pre-written sheet music in the gem store, and make it so people can coordinate their playing (like we do with dances) so they all start at the same time with different instruments.

Instruments could also be crafted items, cultural items (Asuran keytar, Norn drums, Charr bass, Human spanish-guitar, Sylvari woodwinds), and special skins in the gem store.

I love the work that has been put into the music in this game already (and GW1) and think this could be a fun way to appreciate GW themes even further.

Also, you could make it so that the instruments are only usable with our Town clothes, which would give that set more reason to be shown.

(edited by Stron Magnesson.8017)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aragnor.4250

Aragnor.4250

Sounds like a nice addition..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

Ah, good time good times. I used to play all sort of songs on the Bagpipes on LOTRO. Mostly I did it to bug my guild when we were just standing around doing nothing. It was a ton of fun.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chiriam.1549

Chiriam.1549

Slightly shameless bump, now that the choir bells have been added. Looks like a start so we can only hope the devs are in a receptive mood at this time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

Hi,
I wanted to post this up and give a reference to Lotro, but you beat me to it.
I played Lotro from the Beta and one of the fun things about Lotro was that people started to make bands and actually gave away shows in towns which was pretty awesome to attend.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKJuzhmFdw
One more suggestions: Add a volume slider in the option menu, so that people who do not want to listen to music from players can turn it down.

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

in Suggestions

Posted by: hadizaheer.1967

hadizaheer.1967

This would be great if they actually brought it about and like the OP said it would add a completely new social aspect to the game. That in itself would be awesome. They’ve had the choir bells and all that so surely it cant be too difficult to bring in new instruments and such? That said, I don’t actually know how much it would take to implement the whole abc system, but if they did implement it, I for one know I would spend a good bit of time using that system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I personally don’t see a purpose for this, and I personally would never use it. ALTHOUGH
if there are people that would use it and love it and enjoy it and it doesn’t cause problems for the game I am playing I say give it to them.

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

You can already add songs to the game, like when you enter battle etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edragor.9164

Edragor.9164

I played a flute in Age of conan…
…over the body of ganked players.

Imagine guilds playing an “attack theme” in WvW… Especially if they happen to have some serious pvpers, it might give u the “shivers” in WvW hearing your arch-enemy-guild “approaching”…