Biography-based titles!

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

I think it’d be really cool if we could have a character-specific title available from creation that reflected the racial biography choices, similar to the profession-specific choice granting a unique armor skin. The racial biography choice is a big part of how a character defines themselves personally, but there’s no real way to display it in-game (and for humans, it doesn’t even figure into the personal story in any way). Racial skills can show it off in some cases, but those are rarely worth using over profession skills.

For norn, it could be something like “Guarded by ____” with the appropriate Spirit of the Wild, depending on what the player chose—a player who chooses Raven at creation would have access to the title “Guarded by Raven.” Or “Becomes the ____,” the way shapeshifting norn NPCs have (shapeshifting as a norn trait has sort of disappeared into the background since players have to choose to make it their elite skill over something likely more useful).

For sylvari, it could be “Born of Twilight/Dawn/Night/Day.” For charr, “Soldier of the _ Legion.” For humans, “Blessed by _.” For asura, “College of _ Alumnus.”

It’d be awesome to have something available to make that connection to our character’s biography visible.

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

I’d like the title “Adamant Guard” for the Iron legion charr.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Oh I could have Ash Legion title if this were a thing. Not something I would consider important but I’d be all for it if they did it.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I would like to be a Prodigy/Savant/Genius/Adept/Peacemaker!

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I like this idea. Maybe they could also add some sort of a title for achieving maximum ferocity/charm/dignity, so we can display that.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

@OP, the choices does matter for humans as it decerns what types of story mission you have available to you. But good idea!

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, humans could be The Rat/Solid/Gracious, or some such. Maybe Street Fighter/Citizen/Lord/Lady? Many many possibilities.

Now, titles are account wide. I guess people would be on their honor to only use them as appropriate I know you said character specific, I dunno how easily they could code that.

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Such a nice idea ! As a roleplayer, I’m totally fan about this one !

If we can have more choices than juste these linked to our biography like “Gladium”, “Renegade” for Charrs, “Separatist” for Humans.

(edited by Kulvar.1239)

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I love it! Such a nice idea !

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Biography-based titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

@OP, the choices does matter for humans as it decerns what types of story mission you have available to you. But good idea!

It’s not just humans each race has 3 different biography choices. 1 chooses the first part of your personal story

• Asura: College of Statics/Dynamics/Synergetics
  • Charr: Blood/Ash/Iron Legion
  • Human: Commoner/Nobility/Street Rat
  • Norn: Defeat Our Ancient Foes/Potect the Spirits/Guard the Mists
  • Sylvari: Dream White Stag/Green Knight/Shield of the Moon

Another determines the second part of your personal story

• Asura: First creation VAL-A Golem/Transatmospheric Converter/Infinity Ball
  • Charr: Loyal Soldier/Sorcerous Shaman, Honorless Gladium
  • Human: Reget Unknown Parents/Dead Sister/Missed Opportunity
  • Norn: At the moot you Blacked Out/Revenge(got in a fight)/Lost an Heirloom
  • Sylvari: Ventari’s Teaching Act with wisdom, but act/All things have the right to grow/Where life goes, so too, should you

Typically the 3rd race based choice changes nothing and is purely for dialog with slight exceptions.

• Asura: Adviser choice does nothing
  • Charr: Sparring Partner with chooses the npc that is on the missions with you
  • Human: God you were blessed by changes dialogue
  • Norn: Spirit of the Wild changes were an npc in your home instance is
  • Sylvari: Cycle you awoke in changes some dialogue with certain characters

Yes, humans could be The Rat/Solid/Gracious, or some such. Maybe Street Fighter/Citizen/Lord/Lady? Many many possibilities.

Now, titles are account wide. I guess people would be on their honor to only use them as appropriate I know you said character specific, I dunno how easily they could code that.

Exactly I can picture it now Humans running around with titles saying they are in the Blood Legion. But then again we do have those titles for pvp that are class based, not sure if they are bound to class or not, if they are bound to class then the code is already in the game.