Buyable personal starter gear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lynx Raven Raide.2764

Lynx Raven Raide.2764

I accidentally sold (or salvaged, not sure) my Conqueror’s Mantle on my guardian, and noticed that there are no skins like that one available in the rest of the game. This situation also applies to the other Guardian personal starter items and a number of other professions as well. My suggestion here is to either make buyable versions in-game, or make other items with the same skins so we can get them again.

Before others chime in with the buy back feature, this doesn’t work if you have logged off or changed characters, and definitely doesn’t work if the item is accidentally salvaged

Mad Aussie Bastard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

My suggestion is to make Transmutation Stones “unlock” a skin forever, and then you can buy it for free, as often as you like, from a Hall of Monuments-type Vendor.

Full suggestion here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Transmutation-Stones-1/first#post

That said, starter gear should automatically become part of your unlocked collection.

Your suggestion works as well as an alternative.

in Suggestions

Lynx Raven Raide.2764

But that would require the transmutation stone to be used, and would be useless if the item is sold/salvaged beforehand

Mad Aussie Bastard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kurtys.4205

Kurtys.4205

Why not make a NPC or a Wardrobe in your home instance that give you your starter choice whenever you ask it ? (of course, soulbound, no price & unsalvageable)

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

^ i suggested something like that before, would be nice if we could have it. i wouldn’t say just your personal choice, because really, how are you supposed to know that you won’t be able to ever pick the other option later on?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I’ve been told that you can start a new character, throw their starter item in the bank and then use it to transmute on another character. Haven’t tried it personally but it may be worth a shot if you deleted something.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Suggestions

Lynx Raven Raide.2764

I’ve been told that you can start a new character, throw their starter item in the bank and then use it to transmute on another character. Haven’t tried it personally but it may be worth a shot if you deleted something.

you can’t. the items are soulbound, not account bound

Mad Aussie Bastard

in Suggestions

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Yes you can.

edit: Put a grey or blue item x in bank. Make new char with a starting item of same type at item x, transmute the item you start with and item x then put in bank.

It will say soulbound but can still be transferred between characters.

in Suggestions

Lynx Raven Raide.2764

Yes you can.

edit: Put a grey or blue item x in bank. Make new char with a starting item of same type at item x, transmute the item you start with and item x then put in bank.

It will say soulbound but can still be transferred between characters.

Okay, I stand corrected. But still you have the problem of needing a spare character slot, and if you dont you need 800 gems, which is a bit of a price just for a pair of shoulders (or mask, or goggles etc). If there was an option to buy the items it would be better

Mad Aussie Bastard