Please rewert token inflation

in Suggestions

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

So we´re heading now for what, 11 different token currencies?

Not even counting the current and future event tokens. You need to buy a gorram bank slot to manage the kitten things! Especially with the max 250 limit.

Please ANet don´t do the same stupid error as every other MMO.
That then had to backtrack embarrassed to unify the ridiculously unwieldy number of currencies.

I suggest making this new “Open World” Token the new “joker” token for ALL dungeons/fractals and either introduce a two-way exchange option or make the coming “Open World” tokens the general dungeon currency.

Yes, this will lead to people flocking to certain dungeons for speed-running.
GOOD !
The easier for ANet to see what Dungeon needs some love/boost/nerf.

You lured as ALL in with the promise of “NO GRIND!”, yet we grind at EVERYTHING. Just like in any other MMO.

What would be so bad at running different dungeons then buying a specific set maybe of a Dungeon you didn´t even grind?
Right now we have to repeat the same 3 paths
O V E R
and OVER
and over again for the weapon/armor set of our dreams.

BTW I won´t even go for the Karma-Token discussion.
There´s already a thread going on about it and I also don´t understand why you even started using these frikken Dungeon tokens, when there´s already a perfectly good non-gold currency.

Be smart – Shop K-Mart!

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

It seems like dungeon tokens will be collectibles soon, if that eases your mind any.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

in Suggestions

HawkMeister.4758

You mean they will go into the “crafting box”?

Actually not really, there´s still the issue of left over tokens after you bought something.

And you still endlessly repeat(aka GRIND) the same 3 dungeon paths instead of actually having fun and running some other dungeon or fractal for a change.

Polish > hype

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I do have to agree that we have way too much different currencies at the moment.

Dungeons should all have one token, instead of different ones for each dungeon. This way, you can play any and all dungeons and spend the tokens on any set you want, instead of being forced to grind one dungeon over and over for enough tokens to buy your set. If all dungeons shared the same token, we could do any dungeon we wanted for tokens to buy any set. This would reduce the the whole grind only one dungeon and allow you to spread out your dungeon runs to different dungeons.

Or as an alternative, give us a currency section in our Hero Panel like Rift does. This way our currencies don’t flood our bank and they instead go to our currency section. As shown here (the window on the right):

http://riftnerd.com/wp-content/uploads/world-event-currency-tab.png

This would save us space and keep all our currencies in one nice tidy tab.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

It seems like dungeon tokens will be collectibles soon, if that eases your mind any.

A whole one stack. Woo!

Only 22 stacks of 250 left cluttering up my bank.

Considering how most items require more than one stack. It’s a drop in a bucket.

in Suggestions

HawkMeister.4758

Considering how most items require more than one stack. It’s a drop in a bucket.

Oh Cheezus yes.
The frikken “8bit” stacks!
I´d actually pay money to get “16 bit” stacks of 65k+.

How´s that for monetization, ANet?

Polish > hype

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

And you still endlessly repeat(aka GRIND) the same 3 dungeon paths instead of actually having fun and running some other dungeon or fractal for a change.

Your idea would make it inpossible to find groups for everything other than AC. Expecting ArenaNet to perfectly balance all dungeons so they offer the exact same “time:reward” ratio is ridiculous. There will always be a dungeon or a couple dungeons more effective than everything else; under an unified token system, people would only run those two dungeons over and over, leaving everything else empty. Someone who wanted to play Arah would never find a group.

And what would the gain be? Less inventory clutter for the (very likely few) players who keep a lot of tokens in their inventoires?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaros.3986

Xaros.3986

Your idea would make it inpossible to find groups for everything other than AC. Expecting ArenaNet to perfectly balance all dungeons so they offer the exact same “time:reward” ratio is ridiculous. There will always be a dungeon or a couple dungeons more effective than everything else; under an unified token system, people would only run those two dungeons over and over, leaving everything else empty. Someone who wanted to play Arah would never find a group.

And what would the gain be? Less inventory clutter for the (very likely few) players who keep a lot of tokens in their inventoires?

A compromise could be to allow some sort of market controlled dungeon currency exchange (e.g. through the TP). That way everyone can run whichever dungeons they want, and then exchange to whichever tokens they need. Supply/demand will take care of the time:reward issue, and fees and taxes will give incentive to run the dungeon from which you actually intend to buy the armor (without forcing you to grind it over and over).

Xáros – Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

yay more currency!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I don’t mind the currency. You select a dungeon you want gear from, run it a few times a day (then switch to other things), buy your gear, destroy the remaining tokens if you’re not planning on going for that dungeon’s gear again, run whatever you like from now on and either pile a few tokens, to buy exotics, to salvage them for ectos or destroy the tokens.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Or as an alternative, give us a currency section in our Hero Panel like Rift does. This way our currencies don’t flood our bank and they instead go to our currency section. As shown here (the window on the right):

http://riftnerd.com/wp-content/uploads/world-event-currency-tab.png

This would save us space and keep all our currencies in one nice tidy tab.

This. This I like. Would much like to see this.

As for OP… not so sure tbh.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

A Hero menu tab that your tokens all automatically go into the same way gold/gems does. Who wouldn’t like that idea? :o They can even keep the icons same size to make the menu look pretty.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

A Hero menu tab that your tokens all automatically go into the same way gold/gems does. Who wouldn’t like that idea? :o They can even keep the icons same size to make the menu look pretty.

This!!

one token for all.. kitten that, many of us worked hard running Arah to get our gear that we like and many of the community will never even come close because the dun is too hard for them, and if they can not cut it in Arah they shouldnt have the gear.

CoF p1 7min runs for token usable for any dung would be stupid. Just add a hero tab for the tokens and put them in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MattMesa.8401

MattMesa.8401

I’d say this already happens in the name of getting the strongest gear with fashion being a secondary consideration

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

What if server saved data for completion speeds and used that information to balance dungeon rewards? Wouldn’t this eventually lead quite same token/time ratio for every dungeon?
Also if it kept data how often a dungeon is ran we would also get difficulty modifier (easier ones are ran more often).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

You have to understand one thing. They don’t care about you, they only care about your money. The intention and design is specifically for you to run out of space in your in bags, in your bank, and across all if your Alts. This way you’ll buy more bag space, more bank space, and more character slots. This game exists for one reason and one reason only, profit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

You lured as ALL in with the promise of “NO GRIND!”, yet we grind at EVERYTHING. Just like in any other MMO.

it’s not their fault that YOU CHOOSE to GRIND. i don’t. i do only things i like ingame. that’s mostly dungeons, with some rare wandering off to wvw and spvp.

enjoy whatever you do

kill all ze thingz

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

I dont understand why people have issues with buying extra bank slots. Its your decision to keep dungeon tokens as opposed to spending them!

I have three mule characters with full 18 slot boxes along with two extra bank slots and three extra inventory slots. I bought all of them with gold so its not as if I was forced to buy by gems with £££. The extra space is awesomely useful.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

in Suggestions

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Semi-off topic

The so-called “grind” is subjective. What you consider a “grind” may not be a grind to others.

Chances are, you call what you are doing a “grind” if you don’t like it, but feel forced to repeatedly do it to achieve something (in my case, Legendary), or you’re just a spoiled kid who wanted to get things as easy as he/she could.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Just make them all tradeable, then the problem doesn’t exist any more- buy the ones you want, sell the ones you don’t.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Just make them all tradeable, then the problem doesn’t exist any more- buy the ones you want, sell the ones you don’t.

Congratulations! Youve suggested a great way to kill off dungeon parties! We dont need them stupid dungeons taking up our valuable time! We should just be able to buy everything, including WvW tokens! I’ll just sit at the TP from now until the game ceases to be and buy everything I need. No point exploring anymore!

/sarcasm.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Semi-off topic

The so-called “grind” is subjective. What you consider a “grind” may not be a grind to others.

Chances are, you call what you are doing a “grind” if you don’t like it, but feel forced to repeatedly do it to achieve something (in my case, Legendary), or you’re just a spoiled kid who wanted to get things as easy as he/she could.

Grinding is grinding. Whether you like it or not, doesn’t change that.

Something that is a grind is defined as doing the same thing over and over to progress. Whether you like it or not does not change the definition. It is still a grind either way.

And no reason to toss insults at people and called them spoiled kids. The suggestion presented in no way makes things easier. All it does is add variety. So instead of farming one dungeon over and over, you can farm all the dungeons over and over and get the same reward. This way you can mix things up. I don’t see how that is considered easy mode.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Semi-off topic

Grinding is grinding. Whether you like it or not, doesn’t change that.

Something that is a grind is defined as doing the same thing over and over to progress. Whether you like it or not does not change the definition. It is still a grind either way.

The negative connotations associated with the term are certainly subjective, and likely what knives was getting at. The concept of utilising grind in a game’s design is also a very divisive topic – just because something has a grind doesn’t make it inherently dissatisfying, and sensitive implementation can ease the time commitment.

Derail blurp.

Behold: Opinions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

100% Agree, at least, ‘normal dungeons’ (excluding fractals, or maybe not!) should have all the same currencies so you can run any dungeon you want for gear, currently you stick to farm 1 or 2 dungeons 24/7 to get a p/v/t exotic gear for example.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

I don’t mind the addition of more currencies. I don’t find them hard to keep track of, and keeps multiple dungeons relevant. Having them produce the same token would just lead to a lot of mobbing of the easiest path.

Addition of a collectibles panel for tokens would be nice.
Letting things stack to values higher than 250 would also be nice.

Those would streamline it a bit, and would be cool, but not something that really bothers me tbh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The token system is totally fine, just need a place to put them (like hero tab). Making universal ones would ruin dungeons. People would only do the easiest ones more-so than they already do. Balancing them to be the same is completely impossible/boring/too much unnecessary effort. Trading them is an awful idea as well for obvious reasons. ;/

There’s still the bank space option though. I have 4 bank slots and a mule character for stuff I won’t need around all the time and costume pieces since there’s no costume maker. Bank is still little more than half full even with multiple stacks of tokens and boosters I’ll rarely use.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Congratulations! Youve suggested a great way to kill off dungeon parties! We dont need them stupid dungeons taking up our valuable time! We should just be able to buy everything, including WvW tokens! I’ll just sit at the TP from now until the game ceases to be and buy everything I need. No point exploring anymore!

/sarcasm.

That’s not logical at all. In order for their to be tokens to buy off of the TP, someone would have to be running them. Not only that, but a LOT of people would have to be running them in order to supply everyone else that wants them.

AND, if they weren’t, the prices would be so insanely high that nobody would want to pay for something they can get for free in a day or two.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am against unifying tokens. It would make many dungeons pointless.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I just want stack limit to be 4 billion.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

I would love a currency tab !!
A panel where we can easily see everything listed.

Perfect !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

What they need to do is get rid of all these currencies and replace them with just 1 currency. We need to throw karma in with it too. People should be rewarded with the same currency so all behaviors are promoted. Now the quanitity of token received is another debate. If other instances are harder than have those instances reward players more tokens, simple as that.

I would like to see what SWTOR did with their feedback panels after you completed certain missions, that would help out with balancing tokens for different behaviors.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Suggestions

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

What about people who do not like the GW2 dungeons? I think the new tokens should be available both in world and in dungeons equally. And not restricted to a specific activity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

There’s a simple solution to that.

Clear-Speed rankings.

Then you’re not just repeating. Each run will have a touch of self-reflection on how well it did.
It would be an entirely superficial ranking system, no rewards. So elitists can’t be badger pugs about losing out on anything. (If they wanted to focus on actually breaking records, they would form a team, not a pug-group)

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in Suggestions

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

No no no. If they unify tokens they can also disable all other dungeons then AC and CoF path 1.

You can get you exotic set doing what you want. There is no problem with getting any stats even if all you do is farm CoF 1. Just sell your loot and convert tokens for ectos and buy/craft gear with stats you want.

The main reason why people do other dungeons is the look of the gear not it stats.

Making tokens into collectibles(with higher stack) or doing special tab just for them, i can agree. Unifying tokens is big NO!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

If you right click on dugeon tokens, you will see a greyed out ‘deposit collectible’ option. They will most likely add space for these in the collectibles tab shortly

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

If you right click on dugeon tokens, you will see a greyed out ‘deposit collectible’ option. They will most likely add space for these in the collectibles tab shortly

they better let you deposit at least 2000 because if its the usual 250, its a pointless addition.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Suggestions

Posted by: Puff Pure.8631

Puff Pure.8631

Why not just divide all of the prices/amount of tokens you get by 10?

Although I dunno how DR would deal with that

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

they better let you deposit at least 2000 because if its the usual 250, its a pointless addition.

agreed.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Not even counting the current and future event tokens. You need to buy a gorram bank slot to manage the kitten things! Especially with the max 250 limit.

I think your answer lies in this sentence.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

What about people who do not like the GW2 dungeons? I think the new tokens should be available both in world and in dungeons equally. And not restricted to a specific activity.

Tough luck for them, they can get other skins then.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

I agree with Victory. I think there should be no such thing as BoA or BoE. I want a free market for goods and services.

in Suggestions

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I don’t get people’s hatred for tokens, as this is a carryover model from GW1. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Reward_trophy

GW1 had WAY more token systems than GW2, and it hardly “killed the game” or anything. In fact it was generally far more rewarding as a game because there were many different ways to acquire the stuff you wanted or needed, and if you didn’t want a particular currency cluttering your inventory any more, you could trade it in for something of value and sell it to the highest bidder, so at least you made money on it.

So I’m just fine with more token systems. However, my agreement to this has a price! :p

I want a currency tab in the collectibles panel to store a stack of each token currency in the game. I don’t mind if it only stacks to 250, either. Just having ONE 250 stack in the collectibles window would clean out my inventory considerably and likely help many other peoples’ as well. Pleeeeease, Colin? <3

Oh Cheezus yes.
The frikken “8bit” stacks!
I´d actually pay money to get “16 bit” stacks of 65k+.

How´s that for monetization, ANet?

Ah, but with this model, you already do.

The idea behind having stacks set at 250 and then forcing players to stash more than 250 of certain items is to encourage them to buy more bank slots. It’s the same tactic they used in GW1 to great effect when trying to get people to stash all of their materials for elite armor grinding.

And really? I can’t blame ‘em for it. If stack sizes were much larger, most of the incentive to buy bank slots goes away (as that’s mostly what you’d be storing, extra mats and tokens). I’ve got four bank slots full of candy corn, myself, and I still don’t really think it’s fair of me to demand larger bank storage as I understand their reasons for it being capped at 250, both in terms of code and in terms of monetization.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.