Can we please get rid of the presents now?

in Wintersday

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Hi all , Happy New Year.

I am new to this game. It has surpassed my expectations in every way , and I’m hopelessly addicted.

Big respect to the artists and programmers!

However: This whole Crismas thing feels to me really forced. It is jarring to see these silly boxes dotted around pristine fantasy landscapes. There is one whichever way you look, apparently, and some are just too close to waypoints. Once I was just standing inside a seemingly safe area (inside a fort) working on my inventory when some idiot openend a box and then ran off and i had to stop what i was doing and fight for my life. . .

The game is overwhelming for beginners and we DONT NEED THIS STUFF.

The enemies that come out of the boxes ar unbalanced and lethal if you’re playing solo and don’t have experience and high level gear. The rewards just plain suck – ugly socks?
After dying and then spending 15 minutes trying to kill these cheap toy dolls with their cheap shots, I get Ugly Socks???

On my first few hours in the game, I went to Lion’s Arch to see what the fuss is all about , as I cannot remove the message on the top right of my screen constantly reminding me of a holiday i don’t care about. So there was some Toymaker thing I could check out.
I naively went in only to be quickly killed by some black blurry stuff. The worse came after, I could not see how to leave that horrible toy area and get back to my homeworld. As new player , this wasn’t a welcome feeling.

So here’s hoping that this event will go away , forever. Those boxes all over the map are an eyesore.

At least let us remove the reminder on the top right of the screen PLEASE!

Thanks

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

Right… So by your logic, because you’re “new” and you don’t like this event, it should be scrapped and never happen again? Please, be reasonable, the world does not revolve around you.

As for stepping into Tixx’s workshop and being instantly killed by tar elementals… What were you expecting? The game doesn’t surprise you about dungeons and how they work, before you go in, there’s a dialog box that essentially says “Hey, we recommend you come back with four other people.”

Those ugly currency bits the dolls drop are for buying crafting materials and holiday skins, they’re not that useless. It’s still easier to buy the prizes outright from the trading post.

However, all my yelling at you for your baseless whining was pretty much moot: luckily for you, this event literally ends tomorrow.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wor Machien.9657

Wor Machien.9657

Patience. It’s not permanent.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

No, we can’t get rid of the presents now, but we can in 2 days after the event is over.

I don’t mind them. I’m one of the ones who opens them and grabs the presents and runs away. But, if I do see this is a problem for other people, I will backtrack and try to help out.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

is should end tomorrow…just wait a little
ill be sad to see it go >_<

in Wintersday

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Right… So by your logic, because you’re “new” and you don’t like this event, it should be scrapped and never happen again? Please, be reasonable, the world does not revolve around you.

I am a paying customer expressing a complaint about the product, ok?
If the game was free to play and offered by a community of volunteers, you would have a point. The world don’t revolve around you either.

in Wintersday

Dinny.5310

If the game was free to play and offered by a community of volunteers, you would have a point. The world don’t revolve around you either.

It’s an invalid complaint. The product you paid for isn’t to whatever standards you hold, but it’s not defective. Me reminding you of that fact doesn’t imply that I think the world revolves around me, so nice try, but deflection won’t work on me.

In short, no matter how you slice it, you’re going “Wah! I don’t like it, stop everything!” and while you’re perfectly entitled to voice your opinion… Sometimes you just shouldn’t, and exercise discretion.

in Wintersday

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

Ya should learn a thing or 2 about GW and its lore before you start complaining about one of its greatest holidays we get to have fun with.

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yami.2613

Yami.2613

What is your Problem OP?

Its a Holiday Event we got for Free.

Christmas happens in the month of December in Most of the world.

And For free without paying for it we got new stuff to do and new items to find.

The jumping puzzle, the music event, The pvp snowball fight, and the dungeon / toypocalypse, were all great events.

You should read before you click im ready.

Your just so full of self entitlement i paid 60 bucks for this game i deserve to have ____ and end this holiday because i dont like christmas, what a grinch.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yami.2613

Yami.2613

Wow how did i know you were going to pull a self entitlement due to your 60 bucks argument lol lol lol.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Hi all , Happy New Year.

I am new to this game. It has surpassed my expectations in every way , and I’m hopelessly addicted.

However: This whole Crismas thing feels to me really forced. It is jarring to see these silly boxes dotted around pristine fantasy landscapes. There is one whichever way you look, apparently, and some are just too close to waypoints. Once I was just standing inside a seemingly safe area (inside a fort) working on my inventory when some idiot openend a box and then ran off and i had to stop what i was doing and fight for my life. . .

The enemies that come out of the boxes ar unbalanced and lethal if you’re playing solo and don’t have experience and high level gear. The rewards just plain suck – ugly socks?
After dying and then spending 15 minutes trying to kill these cheap toy dolls with their cheap shots, I get Ugly Socks???

On my first few hours in the game, I went to Lion’s Arch to see what the fuss is all about , as I cannot remove the message on the top right of my screen constantly reminding me of a holiday i don’t care about. So there was some Toymaker thing I could check out.
I naively went in only to be quickly killed by some black blurry stuff. The worse came after, I could not see how to leave that horrible toy area and get back to my homeworld. As new player , this wasn’t a welcome feeling.

So here’s hoping that this event will go away , forever. Those boxes all over the map are an eyesore.

Thanks

It ends today if you’d look at the schedule.

Don’t open the boxes if you can’t handle the mobs. Simple.

Elyl Jrend

in Wintersday

Posted by: Saga.9751

Saga.9751

Why is it that complaints are met with such hostility? People jump to conclusions about OP, ask what is his/her problem is, say he/she is entitled, yet they were polite as hell. Anonymity of the interwebz doesnt change the fact that being an elitist makes you a kitten. Personally I think the presents were immersion breaking and unfair, seeing as some kitten can open the thing and leave the mobs to run amok for innocent bystanders to get slaughtered by. Regardless, the hostility in this thread is disgusting.

(edited by Saga.9751)

in Wintersday

ophidic.1279

Why is it that complaints are met with such hostility? People jump to conclusions about OP, ask what is his/her problem is, say he/she is entitled, yet they were polite as hell. Anonymity of the interwebz doesnt change the fact that being an elitist makes you a kitten. Personally I think the presents were immersion breaking and unfair, seeing as some kitten can open the thing and leave the mobs to run amok for innocent bystanders to get slaughtered by. Regardless, the hostility in this thread is disgusting.

Why do people keep saying kitten on this forum? I’m gonna get hostile towards that soon.

That and everyone dropping the word “entitled” every five seconds.

Elyl Jrend

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

I totally agree with OP its time to get rid of this crap lagg fantastic snow…. its past christmas the snow needs to go, quit laggin out the game with junk and fix your old stuff… thats how i feel honestly…

in Wintersday

ophidic.1279

I totally agree with OP its time to get rid of this crap lagg fantastic snow…. its past christmas the snow needs to go, quit laggin out the game with junk and fix your old stuff… thats how i feel honestly…

If the snow is making your PC lag, then it’s time for a new computer.

Elyl Jrend

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

i can run threw it fine but the server is lagging things that normally appear in the distance dont faze in until im right up to them but where there is no snow i can see things a long way away. it isnt my pc i know that for a fact lol its way above guild wars standards.

in Wintersday

Dinny.5310

Why do people keep saying kitten on this forum? I’m gonna get hostile towards that soon.

That and everyone dropping the word “entitled” every five seconds.

It’s a word filter. Say a bad word (and the filter is really strict) and it’ll replace it with “kitten”. Also, only Saga used the word “entitled” in the way you’re complaining about, and only once, soooo…?

If the snow is making your PC lag, then it’s time for a new computer.

Yeah. The snow/event effects for any of the events really should not be lagging you out. If it is, the problem is with your computer or possibly even your connection, not the game.

in Wintersday

ophidic.1279

i can run threw it fine but the server is lagging things that normally appear in the distance dont faze in until im right up to them but where there is no snow i can see things a long way away. it isnt my pc i know that for a fact lol its way above guild wars standards.

Weird, I’ve never had any drawing objects/distance issues before.

I must be lucky in some regard, I haven’t experienced some of the other glitches I’ve seen people mentioning as well.

Elyl Jrend

in Wintersday

Posted by: ubaid.8213

ubaid.8213

It is exactly the anonymity of the internet that lets the Elitists and fanbois rail against anyone who has even the mildest complaint against people.

They like to use the word “entitlement” a lot, as if the money the person spent on the game as a customer means they are not allowed to find fault with it. It’s on every single game forum you’ll ever see.

The internet may have been a great innovation, but it’s sure served to devolve society as much as it’s connected people.

As to the boxes, I didn’t even bother with them. I thought GW2 Wintersday was horrible, and I just couldn’t be bothered to open the box and wade through the extremely overpowered toys inside only to get something that’s useless anyway.

But they’re part of Wintersday, OP. I don’t like they way they were done, either. Since we get the useless junk in drops that come from the boxes anyway, I don’t understand why they even bothered with the boxes at all (and yeah, they can mess with the immersion when they just suddenly drop out of the sky and onto your head).

in Wintersday

Posted by: elfmom.2634

elfmom.2634

I can understand how this person feels, however, I do not agree with them using ‘us’ as if he/she is speaking for everyone.

If you are going to make a complaint about something, please speak for yourself, not everybody else in the game who may not agree with your views.

in Wintersday

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Hi all , Happy New Year.

Thanks

You obviously didn’t play Guild Wars 1 did you? Alot of other MMOs have online holiday events as well so I suggest avoiding them since you are so easily offended.