What was the point?

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

What was the point of screwing us on this event, Anet?

The promised Gifts from each location turned out to be a lie.

The possibility of using the leftovers to make tonics will bleed you dry.

The mats required costs a ridiculous amount of gold.

This event proved one thing. Anet cared more about creating a giant Gold Sink and driving up Gems sales, that they care not for the player community and how it affected most of us.

Take a look at the GW2 economy Anet. And the real world economy at that. 90% of the wealth is held by the super rich. Most of us regular players have about 3-10 gold at any given time depending on what we just finished.

1600+ Gems + 23+Gold later and I have absolutely nothing to show for it because of this failure of an event.

Needless to say Anet, you have let us down. All your future events will be weighed out against this one. Seeing as how this was your biggest holiday event of the year, you really blew it Anet. You may not feel it now, but you have set a precedent for what to expect from you in the future.

What a waste. So much for being “for everyone”. You really went back on a lot of promises with this event. Your player community will remember that. You have single-handedly caused players to punch through their monitors at the ridiculous rate you can achieve anything with this Holiday event. With everything being account bound anyways, what a waste.

To the lucky few who was able to afford getting everything they wanted, and had the gold or money to put into gems, honestly, congrats, I envy you highly.

Everyone else, like me, will walk away from this with nothing but disappointment and a severe, deep scar on our hearts for Anet.

You certainly made a statement with this Anet: " The poor (ingame or in real life) are not welcome to enjoy the fruits of your holiday events. "

Is this the message we should expect from Anet for all future events? Should the normal crowd stop participating because we will always have less until we get that 1 lucky precursor drop or spend hours upon hours in your broken dungeons to farm up a few gold. Diminishing Returns makes regular mob-farming impossible after 45-mins to an hour. WTF Anet? Your message is pretty consistant over and over. Bring your wallets or do without.

Take a good hard look at the message you have sent to us Anet. Is this the message you meant to send?

Ultimately, what corrective motions are you going to take in order to correct this mistake and give us an ACTUAL reward for participating in your first ever Wintersday event? Or are you seriously going to sit back and be happy with being the Grinch/Scrooge. So much for Holiday spirit. We’ve all been had. “How Anet stole Christmas”.

I could go on, but there is really no need. Anet, your player community has spoken in many ways about this event. I hope you take the time to seriously reflect on the message you sent to us all. Your community will never forget the Christmas that Anet Scrooged us. You can never redo your first Wintersday event. You dropped the ball Anet. Please pick it up and show some love for those of us in your community who are not in positions to put 200Gold into gems, or buy 2000 gems outright.

Honestly. I would expect this kinda of treatment from the United States Government. I would have never expected it from you Anet.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

(edited by Necrid.2705)

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Blitzburger.1576

Blitzburger.1576

Honestly, I have enjoyed the hell out this event. Certainly more than Halloween. I’ll admit, I’ve spent about $40 in gems getting the fancy winter outfit, hat, earmuff and Foostivoo, so it’s a fair complaint that it’s virtually impossible for the average player to get all of that by converting in-game gold, but it’s all fluff. They still make some things free, and things like the hats don’t cost very much.

Seriously, it’s just fluff. Enjoy the stuff you can get. I still enjoyed Halloween even though getting the cool weapons and skins didn’t happen for me.

The amount of crying here is ridiculous.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Dude seriously? What’s your malfunction here, you don’t have to buy anything to get anything. People wanting the gem store minis have a good chance to get them. People who want to get the 2 possible minis for the options. All you have to do is the Tixx dungeon once a day to get those mini’s and the mats to make them. Missed a day? There will be repeats that should allow you to get the ones you missed. But as for this claim that only the rich can have fun, seriously? I spent $20 on boxes and got 4 minis, kept the snowman and used the rest for Foostivoo. That was by choice.

As for mats being “ridiculous amounts of gold” that’s the playerbase setting those prices. And as I said above, do the run each day you have the mats to make 2 minis. Also there was no promise that each gift location would have a gift but that it had the potential to have a gift. The tonics are optional. The minis, optional. Is it a let down to not get an optional item? No. Its part of the game.

Overall the only scrooge I can tell around here is you. You’re just mad because you can’t get every little thing your way and as result you’re throwing a tantrum and degrading a wonderful Wintersday. The events are fun and frankly can’t wait to see what’s next.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: ObliviousFool.3427

ObliviousFool.3427

Ef anyone who tries to get anet back in this. Shady drug dealer tactics on the mini-pets and mystic forge taking 4 endless and not giving the toymakers is complete BOLLOCKS totally inexcusable and not in the christmas spirit as all. Regardless of any of the other cool stuff they did these two points make x-mas TOTAL FAIL as far as customer relations is concerned.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Dude seriously? What’s your malfunction here, you don’t have to buy anything to get anything. People wanting the gem store minis have a good chance to get them. People who want to get the 2 possible minis for the options. All you have to do is the Tixx dungeon once a day to get those mini’s and the mats to make them. Missed a day? There will be repeats that should allow you to get the ones you missed. But as for this claim that only the rich can have fun, seriously? I spent $20 on boxes and got 4 minis, kept the snowman and used the rest for Foostivoo. That was by choice.

As for mats being “ridiculous amounts of gold” that’s the playerbase setting those prices. And as I said above, do the run each day you have the mats to make 2 minis. Also there was no promise that each gift location would have a gift but that it had the potential to have a gift. The tonics are optional. The minis, optional. Is it a let down to not get an optional item? No. Its part of the game.

Overall the only scrooge I can tell around here is you. You’re just mad because you can’t get every little thing your way and as result you’re throwing a tantrum and degrading a wonderful Wintersday. The events are fun and frankly can’t wait to see what’s next.

Not even the entire point. Another point being the RNG, account-bound minis that were promised to be rare drops from mobs – yet I’ve yet to see anyone actually get one from a mob. Want a cool bell? Spend 300g. Want some cool items? Spend 500 gems. Want some gems? Pay over 2 gold for 100 gems. Yeah, most players even that save up don’t have that kind of cash lying around.

Not to mention you get 2 miniatures by playing the game – the other 3 are 350 gems each if you want them. The Quaggen? I luckily got mine, the other 3? Good luck. You’ll never be able to get an extra from a friend either since they’re account bound.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

What do you view as “normal players”? 1h/week in spvp?! Seriously, if you have 3-10g, you either play extremely little, only spvp or are just doing it wrong. I got pretty much all I wanted from it(mostly extra karma) and so did my fiancé(quagan mini). No real money was spent, at least not our real money. Overall, a fairly good event made with a large audience in mind. Enjoy what you can, let go of the rest.

PS: I just wish I could gift the minis….

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Agreed. The minis should not be account-bound, RNG, and bought with cash. Pick 1 or two, but not all 3 – that’s just attrocious.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Blitzburger.1576

Not even the entire point. Another point being the RNG, account-bound minis that were promised to be rare drops from mobs – yet I’ve yet to see anyone actually get one from a mob. Want a cool bell? Spend 300g. Want some cool items? Spend 500 gems. Want some gems? Pay over 2 gold for 100 gems. Yeah, most players even that save up don’t have that kind of cash lying around.

Not to mention you get 2 miniatures by playing the game – the other 3 are 350 gems each if you want them. The Quaggen? I luckily got mine, the other 3? Good luck. You’ll never be able to get an extra from a friend either since they’re account bound.

There’s a lot of “want, want, want”, but no “need”. Really, get over yourselves.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

All I hear is complete self centered entitlement. There was plenty of free stuff handed out at this event. So what if you cant get everything. This is completely free content given out by Anet because they are awesome and care about the players. How dare you be mad at them for that. All you “collectors” that just whine and complain that you cant get everything for free make me sick. Your mindset is what’s killing MMO’S these days. I wish they made a list of people like you that just whine and complain and didnt give you any more updates ever. Then you wont have anything to complain about right?

Pull your head out of your kitten and realize that they dont have to do any of this stuff for us. And frankly, given the response from people like you, I wouldnt blame them if they stopped doing this stuff altogether.

Grow up.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Blitzburger.1576

I do agree, however, that account bound minis are a bad idea.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Wow. Whiners every event and every update.
Anet is trying to do it’s best in events . I believe useful feedback is better then these useless threads. Anyway this event they gave us quite alot of things even the wizard hat you ppl whining about.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

(edited by LordYz.8941)

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: FaultWeeyam.4302

FaultWeeyam.4302

First, while I agree to the self-entitlement thing, the argument that they don’t have to give us an event is stale. YES THEY DO, otherwise, this game will get boring and die. Even WoW does it, every mmo (worth mentioning) does, so to stay competitive and keep us playing YES THEY DO.

Now that that is cleared up. Yes I agree this is a gold sink, but they are entitled to price their product as they want, as well as set up the acquisition of items, skins, tonics, and minis. Tho frankly the lvl of difficulty for the toys is unreal, they far exceed any normal mobs, especially in the lower lvl zones (never had to repair so much, I’ve given up making/lvling new toons until this event is over). So I agree that I think that should be nerfed severely, if not removed entirely, to keep me even interested in this event in the future.

At the same time, you get what you put in. So less QQ, moar pewpew

Nobody’s completely useless; they can always serve as a bad example

(edited by FaultWeeyam.4302)

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: LittleFoot MacLoyd.6032

LittleFoot MacLoyd.6032

What do you view as “normal players”? 1h/week in spvp?! Seriously, if you have 3-10g, you either play extremely little, only spvp or are just doing it wrong. I got pretty much all I wanted from it(mostly extra karma) and so did my fiancé(quagan mini). No real money was spent, at least not our real money. Overall, a fairly good event made with a large audience in mind. Enjoy what you can, let go of the rest.

I would simply like to state that this post goes against everything GW2 was suppose to be about. GW2 was suppose to be for evvery type of player, the spvp shut in, the 1h/week busy body, the no life 24/7s, even the the hourly casual. By saying that they are doing it wrong is in no way supporting Anet, in fact, in a backwards way, you are insulting them as well.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

tl;dr

All I hear is “I feel entitled to stuff and Anet won’t give it to me”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Necrid.2705

Even at 12+hours a day, since Aug. 25th. I have gained and lost gold in many ways. Since August 25th I’ve spent and earned well over 100G. I’ve also spent over 100$ Real Game Money for Gems accross All of their Events in only these few short months. More than any other MMO will ever get out of me. And in the future I do plan on doing and spending more. Do not assume I haven’t put in my fair share of effort. This event was still nothing but absolute face kitten since Everything comes down to RNG except the 2 mini’s we get thei parts from. Yes I did the event everyday. So now my only options for collection is more Gold (now im out, putting my last 23 into this event) or more money (sorry, already did this months gem buys). Thats how its total fail. Like I said, those of you who were able to get lucky with the RNG and get thins. Congratz. Many of us us just have piles of Ugly Socks and Sweaters to show for all our effort. After goldsinking everything trying for the RNG, now I don’t even mave money or gold to make the 2 mini’s who’s parts were givin to me. So stop acting like Anet didn’t do us wrong. There were many things they could have done differently.

Make the Gemstore Mini’s not random, for one, like they were on Halloween.

Increase the droprate for items that aren’t socks/sweaters/hats.

Seriously, I grinded 5 days of dungeons to walk away with nothing. RNG for the FAIL.

(edited by Necrid.2705)

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaeden.6952

Kaeden.6952

Me and my bud both spent 50 bucks on chests,

I got 9 mini pets, he got 1. Is 50 bucks not enough? I have spent quite a bit more in the past, but now my friend has been scared away forever and I don’t know how I feel.

I could care less about mini-pets so let me give them away to someone who does :S

Now we could deal with the crazy rng if they were tradeable….

ps, proof. (6 pets plus the rare foostivoo, which takes 3 minis to make)

Attachments:

(edited by Kaeden.6952)

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

I have to agree after playing UO and EQ2 for years this was the worst Xmas event i have ever seen.

Very poorly planned and for ME was just plain crappy but i guess thats just me.

And you know what i do feel entitled to my view IF they want to keep me around.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

What was the point?

in Wintersday

TWMagimay.9057

I would simply like to state that this post goes against everything GW2 was suppose to be about. GW2 was suppose to be for evvery type of player, the spvp shut in, the 1h/week busy body, the no life 24/7s, even the the hourly casual. By saying that they are doing it wrong is in no way supporting Anet, in fact, in a backwards way, you are insulting them as well.

You do realise there is a difference between “something for everybody” and “everything for everybody”, right? Let’s look at this event:
- the spvp shut-in gets the Snowball Mayhem
- the 1h/week guy gets, I’d say, the gem minis(because if you work so much you only have 1h/week for games, you should be making enough money) or the jumping puzzle or Tixx-related events
- the hourly casual gets the…random stuff they feel like doing
But I guess you are right. I’ll go make a topic now about how I feel lied to, because I’m not lvl 150 in spvp and they promised it’s for everybody. I mean, I’m not doing any spvp, but I deserve to be rank 150 because I say so… Wait, that doesn’t exactly make sense to me. How about you?

What was the point?

in Wintersday

ObliviousFool.3427

All I hear is complete self centered entitlement. There was plenty of free stuff handed out at this event. So what if you cant get everything. This is completely free content given out by Anet because they are awesome and care about the players. How dare you be mad at them for that. All you “collectors” that just whine and complain that you cant get everything for free make me sick. Your mindset is what’s killing MMO’S these days. I wish they made a list of people like you that just whine and complain and didnt give you any more updates ever. Then you wont have anything to complain about right?

Pull your head out of your kitten and realize that they dont have to do any of this stuff for us. And frankly, given the response from people like you, I wouldnt blame them if they stopped doing this stuff altogether.

Grow up.

You must work for anet. They obviously care VERY little about their players and their valuable time. God forbid if there was something wrong with the gem store they would bend over backwards to fix it, however I’ve lost track of how much of my time has been wasted on fractal disconnects with still no fix. All anet cares about is finding ways to squeeze money out of us. Yeah great free to play. Would rather pay monthly then be treated like a potential dollar sign. Open your eyes brah. Spending all that effort to get endless tonics just to have them ripped away by forge for just one is complete BS and a horrid thing to do to people at christmas. On a side note I was just checking out video for Elder Scroll Online. LOOKS AWESOME. Hope they take a hint and do all the things right that GW2 did wrong that cost them to lost\e well over half their players in a relatively short period of time.

(edited by ObliviousFool.3427)

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

And you know what i do feel entitled to my view IF they want to keep me around.

Don’t worry. Since there’s no monthly fees, you can always rejoin the game at a later point.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Necrid.2705

In the end, Anet will see the effects of this in future events.

RNG Boxes in Gem Stores for Events, sales will be down. FACT: Many people spent $50 or more on gems for the RNG boxes alone and got absolutely robbed. Those players will not touch them anymore after being burned that hard.
RNG Event Mystic Forge recipies will be avoided. FACT: Many players threw away countless stacks of glue and stuffing to make the tonics, only to end up broke, without glue or stuffing, and sitting on 5 frames that now have to sit in their inventory and take up space.
Events that promise to give a reward for participating will see less participants. FACT: Many Players who were involved with Tixx each day at his reset, does the jumping puzzle each day at reset, and spent time gift-hunting in pve/pvp walked away in the end with Nothing, (or their choice of 2 mini’s, of an available 9, at best). Some people shot for tonics and now cannot make the mini’s.

Many players were burnt on many levels with this event.

Sure, those who got what they wanted aren’t complaining. Good for you.

I’m not asking for anything FREE. I understand Anet has to make money somehow. But limiting it all to so much RNG and then making sure we couldnt grind out mats, thus forcing us to resort to gemstore to complete the collection is complete bullocks.

If the Golem/Inferarium/Snowman was a package like Halloween, then 700 Gems for that, (2 purchases, 1 to make Foostivooo The Merry) is reasonable. Then we can take the 2 free mini’s and drop another 1050 in gems to get the other three. Perfect. No complaints. That’s still 1800Gems that needs purchased or Gold-Sunk. Probably would have had More buyers at that rate.

As it stands, people put 2000+ Gems into those wintersday boxes and walked away with 1 or less of those mini’s. Then, find out the next day after exhausting all gems on their RNG boxes, that they weren’t giving us the ability to craft the 5 gifts and we would again, be required to open banks and dish out more for Anet.

Message received loud and clear Anet.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: HyJinx.4896

HyJinx.4896

" FACT: Many people spent $50 or more on gems for the RNG boxes alone and got absolutely robbed. Those players will not touch them anymore after being burned that hard."

I’m just going to stop reading there. This type of post was around last holiday Halloween. FACT: The same thing was said then. Keep raging. You will buy more next holiday.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

ObliviousFool.3427

What sticks out in my mind the most about this holiday event are two things:

A: Shady drug dealer tactics – here have 2 free mini pets but if you want them all buy gem beeeotch (extremely unnecessary and not in the christmas spirit at all) YES I know I don’t HAVE to, but there are already minis I HAVE to buy gems for so they should have left it at that and allowed us to grind the rest.

B: putting 4 ENDLESS TONICS into forge for SMALL chance at getting toymaker is such a horridly wrong thing to do to people at christmas and shows HANDS down that anet does not care about us AT ALL.

There is really no rational defense for these two actions and anyone who tries to defend these two actions is either a total fan boy or works for anet. Sorry but FAIL company ethics and morals.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Necrid.2705

A: Shady drug dealer tactics – here have 2 free mini pets but if you want them all buy gem beeeotch (extremely unnecessary and not in the christmas spirit at all) YES I know I don’t HAVE to, but there are already minis I HAVE to buy gems for so they should have left it at that and allowed us to grind the rest.

B: putting 4 ENDLESS TONICS into forge for SMALL chance at getting toymaker is such a horridly wrong thing to do to people at christmas and shows HANDS down that anet does not care about us AT ALL.

There is really no rational defense for these two actions and anyone who tries to defend these two actions is either a total fan boy or works for anet. Sorry but FAIL company ethics and morals.

10 Stacks of Glue and 10 Stacks of Stuffing = 1 endless tonic, 4 frames and a broke player.
The event is just one level of robbery topped by another.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

TWMagimay.9057

So, what are you? A total hater or working for EnMasse/GForge?

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dungin.2983

Dungin.2983

This event proved one thing. Anet cared more about creating a giant Gold Sink and driving up Gems sales, that they care not for the player community and how it affected most of us.

Take a look at the GW2 economy Anet. And the real world economy at that. 90% of the wealth is held by the super rich. Most of us regular players have about 3-10 gold at any given time depending on what we just finished.

1600+ Gems + 23+Gold later and I have absolutely nothing to show for it because of this failure of an event.

Needless to say Anet, you have let us down. All your future events will be weighed out against this one. Seeing as how this was your biggest holiday event of the year, you really blew it Anet. You may not feel it now, but you have set a precedent for what to expect from you in the future.

What a waste. So much for being “for everyone”. You really went back on a lot of promises with this event. Your player community will remember that. You have single-handedly caused players to punch through their monitors at the ridiculous rate you can achieve anything with this Holiday event. With everything being account bound anyways, what a waste.

To the lucky few who was able to afford getting everything they wanted, and had the gold or money to put into gems, honestly, congrats, I envy you highly.

Everyone else, like me, will walk away from this with nothing but disappointment and a severe, deep scar on our hearts for Anet.

You certainly made a statement with this Anet: " The poor (ingame or in real life) are not welcome to enjoy the fruits of your holiday events. "

Is this the message we should expect from Anet for all future events? Should the normal crowd stop participating because we will always have less until we get that 1 lucky precursor drop or spend hours upon hours in your broken dungeons to farm up a few gold. Diminishing Returns makes regular mob-farming impossible after 45-mins to an hour. WTF Anet? Your message is pretty consistant over and over. Bring your wallets or do without.

Take a good hard look at the message you have sent to us Anet. Is this the message you meant to send?

Ultimately, what corrective motions are you going to take in order to correct this mistake and give us an ACTUAL reward for participating in your first ever Wintersday event? Or are you seriously going to sit back and be happy with being the Grinch/Scrooge. So much for Holiday spirit. We’ve all been had. “How Anet stole Christmas”.

I could go on, but there is really no need. Anet, your player community has spoken in many ways about this event. I hope you take the time to seriously reflect on the message you sent to us all. Your community will never forget the Christmas that Anet Scrooged us. You can never redo your first Wintersday event. You dropped the ball Anet. Please pick it up and show some love for those of us in your community who are not in positions to put 200Gold into gems, or buy 2000 gems outright.

Honestly. I would expect this kinda of treatment from the United States Government. I would have never expected it from you Anet.

What specifically did you not get that you wanted? All of the weapon skins were super cheap on the TP, the ones in the gemstore were reasonable.

That just leaves minis, which, they appear to be taking advantage of the completionists a bit with it. I never collected the minis so I don’t really get it

The only way you got ‘nothing’ from this event was if you were chasing minis which you didn’t specify.

Last time minis were easy weapons were harder, it flip-flopped this time; I don’t really see the problem unless you HAVE to have 100% of all minis. In which case, as many before me have pointed out being a collector IS expensive.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

ObliviousFool.3427

So, what are you? A total hater or working for EnMasse/GForge?

I’m actually a really nice, kind, compassionate, and generous person who is disgusted with ANET’s business model and the horrid way in which they decided to spread holiday cheer.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Dungin.2983

So everyone should have everything then? Then nothing would be special. If arenanet didn’t have RNG people would literally have everything, and we would have 1000’s of people running around with unbrekable choir bells.

Let me state I do not agree with their loot tables in the regular game much, I think they do a pretty poor job on that.

The crux of the argument is: What if you just got in-game mail with every single item you could get in it with no effort. Would anyone actually care about any particular item? Would anything be special?

Also, they have to monitize their game, you don’t pay a monthly fee. None of this is selling power.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

ObliviousFool.3427

What specifically did you not get that you wanted? All of the weapon skins were super cheap on the TP, the ones in the gemstore were reasonable.

That just leaves minis, which, they appear to be taking advantage of the completionists a bit with it. I never collected the minis so I don’t really get it

The only way you got ‘nothing’ from this event was if you were chasing minis which you didn’t specify.

Last time minis were easy weapons were harder, it flip-flopped this time; I don’t really see the problem unless you HAVE to have 100% of all minis. In which case, as many before me have pointed out being a collector IS expensive.

Ok, lets look past the completionist mini thing, you know the shady drug dealer style scam thing……

HTF can you possibly justify urinating away 4 endless tonics that are no small feat to acquire for a small chance at an account bound toy maker tonic? I have not even tried yet for an endless tonic and there is no way I would put them into the forge at this point but I feel so bad for people that decided to invest their frames this way and go robbed during this supposed to be cheerful holiday season.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Dungin.2983

Ef anyone who tries to get anet back in this. Shady drug dealer tactics on the mini-pets and mystic forge taking 4 endless and not giving the toymakers is complete BOLLOCKS totally inexcusable and not in the christmas spirit as all. Regardless of any of the other cool stuff they did these two points make x-mas TOTAL FAIL as far as customer relations is concerned.

Dude the mystic forge has been here for months, and has always been a slot machine, why do people expect this to change!?!?

As far as christmas stuff there was the 2 toys that were easy to get that were free not to mention the availability of the christmas skins on the TP were very reasonable or easy to get with socks/sweaters/etc. That part was pretty christmassy if that is a word.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Dungin.2983

Ok, lets look past the completionist mini thing, you know the shady drug dealer style scam thing……

HTF can you possibly justify urinating away 4 endless tonics that are no small feat to acquire for a small chance at an account bound toy maker tonic? I have not even tried yet for an endless tonic and there is no way I would put them into the forge at this point but I feel so bad for people that decided to invest their frames this way and go robbed during this supposed to be cheerful holiday season.

Then don’t take the gamble. I don’t use the $500 slot machines in Vegas either. Getting greedy is what bites people a lot of the time honestly. You can’t take one or two things that you are happy with you have to get them all. Being a collector is expensive.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

ObliviousFool.3427

Actually though I just finally realized why GW2 has turned into a big cash grab for ANET. I did not realize the elder scrolls mmo had a ten minute video on their website and the game is pretty close to release, IE what happened to WoW when GW2 came out is soon to happen to GW2 when elder comes out. Bethesda has never disappointed EVER with elder games and the game looks stunning. And no I don’t work for them but I’d like to cause man its gonna be amazing. So go ahead ANET continue to disappoint the masses. There is not much time left.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Dungin.2983

Actually though I just finally realized why GW2 has turned into a big cash grab for ANET. I did not realize the elder scrolls mmo had a ten minute video on their website and the game is pretty close to release, IE what happened to WoW when GW2 came out is soon to happen to GW2 when elder comes out. Bethesda has never disappointed EVER with elder games and the game looks stunning. And no I don’t work for them but I’d like to cause man its gonna be amazing. So go ahead ANET continue to disappoint the masses. There is not much time left.

It is a theme park Elder Scrolls game. I’m not sure why people are excited about it. Looks pretty, but so does every other themepark. The next big MMO has to mix in the sandbox or it just won’t stand out. Let me rephrase that. It won’t chip away at WoW

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I don’t put so much stock or gold into these events. I got a little doll pet before I knew about you being able to transform into one using the item, so now I can’t do that, I don’t think. I want to make an endless tonic if possible before it’s over, but I’m not going to spend more than 5g on trying. After it ends, and I just end up with the doll, and some achievement points, that’s good enough for me. I’m not part of your “player community”. I’m satisfied with the Winterveil turn-out.

If they could change anything, I’d say to put more info available while in-game, rather than on the wiki to prevent people from missing opportunities. So instead of that last line that says “to make a toy mini pet” it could say “to make a toy mini pet or used in tonics”. People skip a lot of dialogue boxes on NPCs. I don’t know if they are mentioned anywhere in-game about how to make tonics from the toys.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

I’m actually not following the OP’s complaint. You can make all of the toy minis, dude… If you missed a day, when Tixx gets to LA, you can play whichever dungeon(s) you missed. And, if I’m not mistaken, you can do them every day until the 3rd of January (once a day) to get the materials to make all five of the toys.

And like Dungin said, all of those christmas skins bought with ugly currency are very easy to obtain: you can go enjoy yourself in bell choir/snowballs/jumping puzzle/open presents on the overworld and get the currency to buy it yourself, or buy it from the TP for not very much at all.

Weapon skins and the town clothes are purely cosmetic and the playerbase asked for them. Gold prices are the lowest they’ve been for a while, so it’s easier than ever to buy gems if you can’t afford to put in money.

Possibly the only hiccup are those three RNG minis, and even they wouldn’t be problematic if they weren’t account bound. That is literally all that would have to be done to remedy the issue.

In other words, what are you even complaining about?

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I didn’t spend a single bit of money on gems, nor did I spend any in game money on gems and I had heaps of fun. The jumping puzzle, snowball fight, I got two mini pets + a endless doll tonic which I will still be using in 5 years time haha!

Thank you Arenanet, had lots of fun!

What was the point?

in Wintersday

ObliviousFool.3427

Its just plain bad business and I can’t believe people are still defending this. With the time and effort and resources it takes to get 4 endless you should be guaranteed an account bound toymaker hands down and anything less is a complete disgrace during the holiday season. This kind of stuff and ANET’s general business model that will lead to ZERO loyalty to GW2 when something better comes along. FOR SURE. And its already happening. Since the game launched I’ve had a contact list of about 40 entries of players that I considered respectable and skillful dungeon runners. Out that list there are 3 that still log on. The rest are MIA. I can’t even imagine what the actual stats are from launch to now. That is just my small cross section. But its definitely the reason why ANET is trying to grab as much cash as possible. They probably saw the elder scrolls video too. Can’t blame them really. Strike while the iron is hot. Im actually not even gonna rage about it anymore. Just gonna bide my time till that comes out. I get it now. If anything ANET is smart enough to realize that there is no way they are going to be able to compete with a Bethesda MMO.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: daemonrus.4703

daemonrus.4703

I don’t mind the way ANet has set up the holiday related stuff in the store with one exception – hats.

GW1 – you get a hat just for showing up, or playing halloween games, or collecting orbs – whatever.
GW2 – you get tiny horns on halloween and some random wizard hat on wintersday, like it’s a harry potter holiday or something.

150 gems for a santa hat. I mean, really? Santa hat, the symbol of christmas, costs money? Yet harry potter hat is free…

I mean whatever, if you really must squeeze out as much money out of these events as you can, fine – its a free-to-play game, you have to make money, etc., etc. I get that.

Can we at least get a temporary santa hat then? Have it become active on Dec 24 and melt down on Jan 2. You can even have a store tag attached to it with some cheesy label like:

“This hat is temporary and will expire on jan 2 because this player is a cheapskate, yet we still want him to get into the spirit of christmas in our game as a form of good will on our part”

You already have plenty of cool kitten with which you can make money, like awesome costumes and weapon skins. Is it really so much to ask for a free santa hat on wintersday?

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Flydragon.7146

Flydragon.7146

You gotta be kidding… Im gonna put my 2 cents here;
To begin with, this is a game so if your a player that hates how events are handled by a company that doesnt belong to you, then FRIGGEN LEAVE. Good riddance if you do, noone is forcing you to stay on a ‘no-monthly fee’ game.

Necrid post…
—-Needless to say Anet, you have let us down. All your future events will be weighed out against this one. Seeing as how this was your biggest holiday event of the year, you really blew it Anet. You may not feel it now, but you have set a precedent for what to expect from you in the future.—-
WRONG, Anet decided to give a little extra on a game (again that noone forces you to do) which you dont even have to pay anything for… I was able to find some rare skins through gift drops among other things, got lotsa needed mats for mystic forge recipes with dungeon run events, at least an exotic weapon as well, and plenty of other fun.(didnt need any gems)
All of that is optional, you dont like it, then dont do it cause if your gonna be crybaby about it, I will simply Laugh at the fact that its a game, its entertaining and its a CHOICE.
So my point is… Stay n cry and get laughed upon OR leave if you dont like doin the event. Nobody is gonna miss ya!

What was the point?

in Wintersday

ObliviousFool.3427

I’m actually not following the OP’s complaint. You can make all of the toy minis, dude… If you missed a day, when Tixx gets to LA, you can play whichever dungeon(s) you missed. And, if I’m not mistaken, you can do them every day until the 3rd of January (once a day) to get the materials to make all five of the toys.

And like Dungin said, all of those christmas skins bought with ugly currency are very easy to obtain: you can go enjoy yourself in bell choir/snowballs/jumping puzzle/open presents on the overworld and get the currency to buy it yourself, or buy it from the TP for not very much at all.

Weapon skins and the town clothes are purely cosmetic and the playerbase asked for them. Gold prices are the lowest they’ve been for a while, so it’s easier than ever to buy gems if you can’t afford to put in money.

Possibly the only hiccup are those three RNG minis, and even they wouldn’t be problematic if they weren’t account bound. That is literally all that would have to be done to remedy the issue.

In other words, what are you even complaining about?

You are mistaken. The exotic crafting materials can only be received once even after the dungeons reach LA and that was confirmed by DEVs unless they see all this rage and change their mind. So you can only make 2 mini pets. The most hideous of maneuvers is by far taking 4 endless tonics, which BTW you have to sacrifice 4 of your frames allowing you to only make 1 mini pet now and not guaranteeing an account bound toymaker tonic. Unnecessarily wrong thing to do to people at christmas.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

You are mistaken. The exotic crafting materials can only be received once even after the dungeons reach LA and that was confirmed by DEVs unless they see all this rage and change their mind. So you can only make 2 mini pets. The most hideous of maneuvers is by far taking 4 endless tonics, which BTW you have to sacrifice 4 of your frames allowing you to only make 1 mini pet now and not guaranteeing an account bound toymaker tonic. Unnecessarily wrong thing to do to people at christmas.

You would have a point if we knew how the rest of the event was going to play out. I think it’s at least possible that toypocalypse/other similar events will give out those exotic mats, we’ll have to wait and see.

I do see your point on the toy frames being consumed, though.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

As long as people support RNG, Anet will keep useing it.

If you bought a bunch a chests, or threw things into the Forge hoping to win, and then came here to complain after you didn’t get what you wanted…. It’s YOUR FAULT.

You already voted IN FAVOR of RNG with your wallet. Coming here to complain after the fact is pointless.

Just remember next time, if you don’t like RNG, don’t support it in game. That’s the only way to stop ANet from using it in the future.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

I’m glad that this brouhaha is about getting the desired festive aesthetics, nothing with stuff that can improve your toons’ stat.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

dude what exactly do you need so much that you are whining about?
It is a fun holiday event- you don’t need to pay to have fun.

You know what RNG is, so no-one can hold a gun to your head and force you to gamble your money away. You do it by choice, or not.

I had a blast, no I didn’t get everything I wanted- festival costume and bow skin in the shop, because I simply didn’t have enough gold to convert.

Am I upset? Did it stop me having fun? Hell no!

I don’t even like holiday events and I think Winterday is fabulous.

This thread makes me furious because no matter what Anet does, it gets stomped on.
Winterday is huge improvement from Lost Shores.

Gunnar’s Hold

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

With everything being account bound anyways, what a waste.

Agreed. There is no point in binding most of this stuff to our accounts. Makes little to no sense, especially if these rewards don’t interest me.

Wow……drama much? You aren’t scarred. You haven’t been sexually molested here. You just didn’t like the event. I am with you there. I haven’t had much fun. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Halloween and even the Lost Shores to an extent. The events in Lost Shores were more fun but the lag and handling of the events themselves were very Beta.

Regardless, just chill and realize that the game hasn’t changed since 5 days ago. You just didn’t like this event and neither did I. Let’s move on :-)

The event isn’t over yet. I doubt what’s left will satisfy you but at least wait until it’s over to start demanding reparations like this…..not that that will get you what you want, mind you.

I would expect this kinda of treatment from the United States Government. I would have never expected it from you Anet.

What? Now you’re just being silly.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

complaints complaints and even more complaints.
just enjoy the event.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

RNG Boxes in Gem Stores for Events, sales will be down. FACT: Many people spent $50 or more on gems for the RNG boxes alone and got absolutely robbed. Those players will not touch them anymore after being burned that hard.

Many players were burned on boxes during Halloween, yet they continue to spend real money on these boxes. The only way this will stop is if people like you and your friend stop throwing money at them. You have been part of the problem. Nothing will change unless people’s attitude towards these boxes change.

If the vast majority of people stop buying these boxes, ArenaNet will have to come up with some other way to tempt players to part with real life cash. Hopefully one of these ways will be to sell the items individually rather than forcing people to gamble to get them.

These boxes are purely in the cash shop to fleece as many people of their money as possible. It is the ONLY reason they exist. Most games with cash shops have these boxes because they are probably the largest revenue generator in the entire shop.

The chances of people refraining from buying boxes is extremely slim, so you’ll just have to get used to seeing these boxes in the future. But guess what? You don’t have to buy them. If there is something you want and the only way to get it is to buy the boxes, then just decide that the item is not worth it.

I have and never will purchase a single ‘gambling’ box. The only winner from those boxes is ArenaNet’s wallet.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treason.1673

Treason.1673

I dont get it. I had a blast so far. And its not even over.

I saved up something over 50g over the past 2 months. Only doing some daily acm’s with my twink and fractals.

I changed most of it into gems early this month, beacaus i knew gem prices would skyrocket on start of wintersday.

And what did i get for this amount of money?

wintersday clothing
tophat
earmuffs
box of fun
10 x wintersday chests (nothing good inside)

I could have bought me the missing pets i did not craft, bot i spent it on bagspace for my twink. So it was my own choice NOT to get this pets. Next year i can get two more i hope.

Yesterday i spent all my remaining money on big gifts (best tp price ~ content resell value). And i was lucky and got the bell just as i was broke for money. I knew it was a gamble and i would not be mad even if i failed. But now i could sell it for >40g or keep it and be happy.
If i would sell it, all the other stuff i bought would have cost only about 20g in total. Pretty cheap.

I can understand if some people are upset about the rnd chest pets. But saying the whole event was a fail because of it is a fail in itself.
There are much things you can get for free or some gold/rl money (listed above) and i have not metioned all the things you can do besides items. And ontop of that. Its not over yet and toycalypse is about to happen.

For me its a great event thus far (even without my bell). Its sad that for some people items are more important then everything else this event has to offer.

Thats my opinon

(edited by Treason.1673)

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: HyJinx.4896

HyJinx.4896

RNG Event Mystic Forge recipies will be avoided. FACT: Many players threw away countless stacks of glue and stuffing to make the tonics, only to end up broke, without glue or stuffing, and sitting on 5 frames that now have to sit in their inventory and take up space.
Events that promise to give a reward for participating will see less participants. FACT: Many Players who were involved with Tixx each day at his reset, does the jumping puzzle each day at reset, and spent time gift-hunting in pve/pvp walked away in the end with Nothing, (or their choice of 2 mini’s, of an available 9, at best). Some people shot for tonics and now cannot make the mini’s.

Sure, those who got what they wanted aren’t complaining. Good for you.

I’m not asking for anything FREE. I understand Anet has to make money somehow. But limiting it all to so much RNG and then making sure we couldnt grind out mats, thus forcing us to resort to gemstore to complete the collection is complete bullocks.

If the Golem/Inferarium/Snowman was a package like Halloween, then 700 Gems for that, (2 purchases, 1 to make Foostivooo The Merry) is reasonable. Then we can take the 2 free mini’s and drop another 1050 in gems to get the other three. Perfect. No complaints. That’s still 1800Gems that needs purchased or Gold-Sunk. Probably would have had More buyers at that rate.

As it stands, people put 2000+ Gems into those wintersday boxes and walked away with 1 or less of those mini’s. Then, find out the next day after exhausting all gems on their RNG boxes, that they weren’t giving us the ability to craft the 5 gifts and we would again, be required to open banks and dish out more for Anet.

Message received loud and clear Anet.

Please post up some good third party sources to confirm all these “FACTS” that you are telling us about.

FACT: The guy is a hater and is mad at and event that hasn’t even made it to the final stage! They should ban him from the toypocolypse then he would have something to complain about lmao.

What was the point?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

I’ve enjoyed the event too. The problem is many people want EVERYTHING from the event and are not happy if that happens to cost them too much time or too much money. For me, I’ve been happy doing each airship event and grabbing a couple of toys and getting the Apprentice Toymaker title. But I don’t look at an event as a chance to grab as many of the things on offer as possible. I look at what is available within the constraints that I set myself, and then ensure I get them. I do not buy boxes, I do not buy gems to spend on items in the cash shop. My gems are spent on character upgrades such as bank space and character slots.

People need to set themselves budgets, be that in time spent or cash spent, and then go about getting what they can within these budgets. If someone wants it all, be prepared to pay.