20+ second immobilize (movie)

in WvW

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Mostly Warriors would defend this seeing as they either have -98% immobilize duration (and get phat stacks of regeneration) or they have Mobile Strikes-trait which turns their “mobility skills” into an immobilize breaker.

For the record, there are 7 such abilities and most warriors have 5 of them available in his build. Mobility skills include something like Savage Leap on sword, which has just an 8second cooldown.
And thats ofcourse completely ignoring all their condition removal or flat out immunity to conditions on command.

Needles to say, Warriors dont give a single kitten about being immobilized. And they are the only profession that is in this advantageous position to shake off immobilize like its nothing at all.
So ofcourse they love immobilize stacking. It doesnt negatively affect them, but it makes landing those 100b insta-gibs or CC-hammer-trains all that much easier.

All professions can have 65% condition reduction to all conditions and 3 professions can have 98% to movement conditions. Necros, warriors, and guardians can cure all their conditions at once. All professions can counter imob stacking not just warriors

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Mostly Warriors would defend this seeing as they either have -98% immobilize duration (and get phat stacks of regeneration) or they have Mobile Strikes-trait which turns their “mobility skills” into an immobilize breaker.

For the record, there are 7 such abilities and most warriors have 5 of them available in his build. Mobility skills include something like Savage Leap on sword, which has just an 8second cooldown.
And thats ofcourse completely ignoring all their condition removal or flat out immunity to conditions on command.

Needles to say, Warriors dont give a single kitten about being immobilized. And they are the only profession that is in this advantageous position to shake off immobilize like its nothing at all.
So ofcourse they love immobilize stacking. It doesnt negatively affect them, but it makes landing those 100b insta-gibs or CC-hammer-trains all that much easier.

All professions can have 65% condition reduction to all conditions and 3 professions can have 98% to movement conditions. Necros, warriors, and guardians can cure all their conditions at once. All professions can counter imob stacking not just warriors

Uh, warriors can practically be passively immune to it. If you can’t find something meaningful in that distinction then you have removed yourself from the realm of being taken seriously.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

All I see is a video of an overpowered necromancer that can sit in 21s of immobilize and walk away.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Heta.8629

Uh, warriors can practically be passively immune to it. If you can’t find something meaningful in that distinction then you have removed yourself from the realm of being taken seriously.

Warriors, eles, and engineers. I was pointing out that it’s not just warriors with that kind of reduction to conditions. If your necro had the full condition reduction like most people assume warriors do that imob would be less than 10 seconds

in WvW

Oozo.7856

They should clearly just make melandru runes the default on all sets of armor and remove the rest of the runes in the name of balance.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

All I see is a video of an overpowered necromancer that can sit in 21s of immobilize and walk away.

Are you being serious here? A necro can use death shroud and plague form to tank a lot of damage, but you know what they can’t do? They can’t get away from overwhelming numbers. They either have to kill them all or they die.

How many outnumbered situations does your elementalist escape from? Want to know how many times I escape when stuck in combat with overwhelming numbers on me? Pretty close to zero unless there is a cliff to jump off of nearby and they decide not to follow.

in WvW

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

So 2 thieves and a warrior spec their characters to root somebody for 20 seconds and the 3 of them cannot kill you and instead you kill them or they run off almost dead. I would like to make 2 points.

1. 20 second root specs are not very good per this movie OR
2. 2 thieves and a warrior can’t kill a 20 second rooted necro? maybe you should be nerfed.

in WvW

Heta.8629

They should clearly just make melandru runes the default on all sets of armor and remove the rest of the runes in the name of balance.

You say a warrior is mostly immune to imob so you can also say necros are 65% immune because they can run the same runes and food. It’s fair if everyone has equal access to that setup of runes and food. I’ll also agree with others in this thread that no one else would have made it out alive much less killed them unless they were a necro with 5 life bars ( regular, death shroud, and plague triples vitality)

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

At least it would remove the perplexity cheese….

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Anyone defending this is a bit silly. They need to fix it.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

The flaw i see in your argument is …. people cant do this alone ! You need several people to “perma immobilize” ONE enemy.
If you run around in an equal sized team you either have the options that

a) your team puts pressure on them, so they cant keep stacking the debuff / killing you
b) your team supports you, heals you, cures your conditions

They have to specificly build their gear / buffs / traits for this to work, thus giving up other abilities that could help them.

Its a gimmick setup

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

It would be funny to see two zergs using immobilize against each other,all immobilized standing in a field staring each other.

reminds me of the strongest CC in the game, the sentry circle.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

For engineer this trait doesnt also give them sweet sweet regeneration, its also hidden deeper in its respective traitline. A traitline that is overall not very attractive to begin with.

Neither does this change anything about Warriors on-demand immunity from Berserker Stance, or great condition removal from such traits like Cleansing Ire.

It also ignores Mobile Strikes which is a fantastic trait in and of itself. Regardless of runes/foodbuff/other traits this trait alone can make a player shrug at Immobilize.

Warriors have better options, and better alternatives.

in WvW

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

Isn’t the best way to get anet’s attention is to abuse things like this by the masses?

Isn’t ( it ) a condition? can be spread with epidemic? can it be abused like that in larger fights? target 1, imob, spread?

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

…and yet you turned around and killed them off.

So obviously the price of such excessive immobilizes is high because even 21 second weren’t enough to kill you.

in WvW

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

What confuses me the most with all this is…..who was asking for this? The devs say all the time “the community proposes great ideas but we are super limited on time! We have to prioritize!” Then a balance change like this comes out of left field and I’m sort of left scratching my head. We can debate the level of broken this change is but regardless – there are a million legitamate balance issues that the community is crying for, this is not one of them and should not have been a priority.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

…and yet you turned around and killed them off.

So obviously the difference in skill level was pretty high.

Fixed for you.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

An even bigger issue than the immobilize in that video:

Dat screen shake…

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

They should just get rid of immobilize entirely. It’s redundant to actual hard CC’s in the game…which aren’t conditions, and require an actual stun-break. But stun-breakers don’t work on it because it’s a “condition”…yet they work on Fear. Go figure.

Think about how lovely a world both PvE and PvP would be with this condition entirely gone.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

Stacking immobilize is probably one of the worst changes they’ve made in… awhile.

In other news, still want to buy global CC cooldown from Warhammer Online.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

(edited by Agriope.4523)

in WvW

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

The flaw i see in your argument is …. people cant do this alone ! You need several people to “perma immobilize” ONE enemy.

a) your team puts pressure on them, so they cant keep stacking the debuff / killing you

They have to specificly build their gear / buffs / traits for this to work, thus giving up other abilities that could help them.

Its a gimmick setup

and what happens when ONE necro realizes that he can epidemic that 21 seconds of immobilize to 5 other people around him?? you see where this is going?? it’s not going to take people long to figure out that groups that cant dodge, cant win fights.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in WvW

Heta.8629

Its a gimmick setup

and what happens when ONE necro realizes that he can epidemic that 21 seconds of immobilize to 5 other people around him?? you see where this is going?? it’s not going to take people long to figure out that groups that cant dodge, cant win fights.

Then one guardian uses save yourselves and contemplation of purity and no more conditions. Or a warrior uses charge and clears it all. Maybe people use regular condition removals to clear it. Eles could use wind borne speed. There’s more ways to mass remove Imob as there is to mass inflict it

in WvW

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Its a gimmick setup

Then one guardian uses save yourselves and contemplation of purity and no more conditions. Or a warrior uses charge and clears it all. Maybe people use regular condition removals to clear it. Eles could use wind borne speed. There’s more ways to mass remove Imob as there is to mass inflict it

so now we have people forced to use their condi clears or group condi clears (which in todays meta are precious) to deal with a single condition. I’m sorry, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with how immobilize worked before. It was perfectly balanced, and if you werent paying attention, got you killed. It also required some coordination if used in a group so the shorter duration one didnt cancel out the longer duration one. Now every scrub and his dog are saddling up with as much immobilize as they can find so it can be chained for free bags. Its dumbed down easy mode which is why you see so many people using it.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in WvW

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Remove stability and replace it with dimishing returns. Problem is fixed and classes become a little more balanced too.

But of course ArenaNet would never do anything like this because that would suggest that their original design was flawed.

in WvW

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

“Immobilize now stacks in duration to a maximum of five times.”

We figured out pretty quickly that the changes you made to immobilize could be exploited to get some ridiculous immobilize durations. We used it ourselves at first, but we don’t tend to exploit things that are totally broken like perplexity runes and your current broken implementation of immobilize.

Any classes that have decent duration roots can stack a ridiculous amount of root duration. Now add venom sharing and devourer poison and just look how stupid it gets.
Just wait until the run-of-the-mill no-skill unimaginative 15-20 man autoattacking spam blobs figure this one out.

Another change that gives a huge advantage to the side that already has a huge advantage due to numbers. I guess it was too easy fighting 5v15 before. Now you will have to do it while be rooted for 20+ seconds.

Fix it. And for God’s sake, get some testers who actually understand the game.

Had same thing happen from a skill group 2 thieves, warrior, and mesmer, +1 other. Playing Necro as well…not that I would have survived 5v1 but it sure did make it easy for them. Thieves ran me down immobilized then rest caught up and proceeded to stomp, never was able to move entire time. Thieves didn’t even engage they just stayed range hitting me with Body Shots.

in WvW

Posted by: Nimrod.9240

Nimrod.9240

This group was obviously specced for long immobilization so looks like it works as intended. This condition should have been working like this since the beginning like cripple and chill does. They also sacrificed a lot of damage for immobilize if those 3 couldn’t down a rooted necro for 21 seconds. They also suck because you turned around and wiped them pretty easily. At least 1 was up leveled

Are you saying that low skill players on upleveled characters using bad builds should be capable of 20+ sec lockdowns? I don’t really think that’s a good argument. Especially since there is nothing preventing speccing for both long immobilize and enough damage to kill.

I’ve been seeing this tactic a lot recently, and it’s got me running on my thief more (withdraw and roll for initiative are good counters to this cheese). Too bad most classes lack a way to easily deal with immobilize specifically. I’d suggest buying Melandru runes and lemongrass soup ingredients as an investment, this tactic becoming “meta” will eventually require full -cond duration builds for anyone wanting to survive.

The change should either be reverted in PvP/WvW or stunbreakers and stability should be made to function on immobilize.

Since most if not all imob skills are single target and most are 2-3 seconds it cannot be stacked easily by one person or on a group. Only in these multi v 1 scenarios is this a problem and only by people who really spec to imob. I think the highest from one person is 9 seconds from a warrior with 2 weapons a trait and a utility skill and one good condition removal can take all that away instantly.

For the record as i main one:
Sylvari staff ele
Signet of earth + Shockwave + Grasping vines = ~10-12 seconds given how good you are in comboing it
With 30 in fire traited you can ad another +30% on top of that, and then food…
And there is static field (2 seconds stun), great as initiation.
But the best part is, signet and shockwave are 1200 range, vines 900, no need for close combat.

(regarding control you could also count earth4 and water4, but thats more a bonus in case the target has some condi cleaning)

One single staff ele.

in WvW

Heta.8629

This group was obviously specced for long immobilization so looks like it works as intended. This condition should have been working like this since the beginning like cripple and chill does. They also sacrificed a lot of damage for immobilize if those 3 couldn’t down a rooted necro for 21 seconds. They also suck because you turned around and wiped them pretty easily. At least 1 was up leveled

Are you saying that low skill players on upleveled characters using bad builds should be capable of 20+ sec lockdowns? I don’t really think that’s a good argument. Especially since there is nothing preventing speccing for both long immobilize and enough damage to kill.

I’ve been seeing this tactic a lot recently, and it’s got me running on my thief more (withdraw and roll for initiative are good counters to this cheese). Too bad most classes lack a way to easily deal with immobilize specifically. I’d suggest buying Melandru runes and lemongrass soup ingredients as an investment, this tactic becoming “meta” will eventually require full -cond duration builds for anyone wanting to survive.

The change should either be reverted in PvP/WvW or stunbreakers and stability should be made to function on immobilize.

Since most if not all imob skills are single target and most are 2-3 seconds it cannot be stacked easily by one person or on a group. Only in these multi v 1 scenarios is this a problem and only by people who really spec to imob. I think the highest from one person is 9 seconds from a warrior with 2 weapons a trait and a utility skill and one good condition removal can take all that away instantly.

For the record as i main one:
Sylvari staff ele
Signet of earth + Shockwave + Grasping vines = ~10-12 seconds given how good you are in comboing it
With 30 in fire traited you can ad another +30% on top of that, and then food…
And there is static field (2 seconds stun), great as initiation.
But the best part is, signet and shockwave are 1200 range, vines 900, no need for close combat.

(regarding control you could also count earth4 and water4, but thats more a bonus in case the target has some condi cleaning)

One single staff ele.

Grasping vines can be destroyed so it likely won’t be active for the full duration. You can get extra condition duration food but the same goes for condition reduction foods and runes. No matter how much a group can stack immobilization it can be reduced or taken off with condition removal.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

“Immobilize now stacks in duration to a maximum of five times.”

We figured out pretty quickly that the changes you made to immobilize could be exploited to get some ridiculous immobilize durations. We used it ourselves at first, but we don’t tend to exploit things that are totally broken like perplexity runes and your current broken implementation of immobilize.

Any classes that have decent duration roots can stack a ridiculous amount of root duration. Now add venom sharing and devourer poison and just look how stupid it gets.

Just wait until the run-of-the-mill no-skill unimaginative 15-20 man autoattacking spam blobs figure this one out.

Another change that gives a huge advantage to the side that already has a huge advantage due to numbers. I guess it was too easy fighting 5v15 before. Now you will have to do it while be rooted for 20+ seconds.

Fix it. And for God’s sake, get some testers who actually understand the game.

You’re right of course, and yet it was the OP Necro who won the day?

in WvW

Posted by: denimdan.8642

denimdan.8642

this is kinda funny cause 3 or 4 rangers can maintain the same about of immobilize for a long time now and no one said a word about that, but now that other can its omg this is op

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

That’s because ranger’s aren’t a threat to anyone lol

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

That’s because ranger’s aren’t a threat to anyone lol

um, actually they are but they are also killable

warriors on other hand….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Oozo.7856

This movie is a sequel to my earlier popular hit movie “21 seconds of root.”

I now proudly present to you “30 seconds of root.”

In hindsight, I should have popped plagueform to stretch it out a little bit more. Afterall, the only thing not keeping you from being rooted indefinitely is your health pool.

in WvW

Gumby.1708

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEEXM6caw-c

What are your suggestions/demands here ? That you should survive without condition remove and being outmanned greatly ? Take that scenario to a 1vs1 situation, or get some friends and bring it to an x vs x situation and evaluate then. How can this be a representation of the problem ? You would have the same problem if you have 20 warriors chain stunning you or 20 necros chain fearing you or 20 engis chain knocking you…. etc.

What information are we getting through your posts and videos ? Being superior in numbers in comparison to being alone is overpowered.

Ps: Condition remove and 2 dodges in the opposite direction would have saved you there, and destroying the roots also would have helped.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

They just need to revert it. No one is enjoying these changes except for the horrible players who NEED the enemy to sit still and not be able to dodge just so they can get a kill. It’s annoying. You have to run melandru runes and lemongrass and every condition cleanse your class has available to deal with this BS. The newly buffed immobilize is killing build variety.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

They just need to revert it. No one is enjoying these changes except for the horrible players who NEED the enemy to sit still and not be able to dodge just so they can get a kill. It’s annoying. You have to run melandru runes and lemongrass and every condition cleanse your class has available to deal with this BS. The newly buffed immobilize is killing build variety.

Exactly this. The fact that I have to give up so much of my normal food and buffs to keep condition cleanse up is just lame.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I want to talk to the guy who thought this was a good idea because it doesn’t make sense

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Oozo.7856

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEEXM6caw-c

What are your suggestions/demands here ? That you should survive without condition remove and being outmanned greatly ? Take that scenario to a 1vs1 situation, or get some friends and bring it to an x vs x situation and evaluate then. How can this be a representation of the problem ? You would have the same problem if you have 20 warriors chain stunning you or 20 necros chain fearing you or 20 engis chain knocking you…. etc.

What information are we getting through your posts and videos ? Being superior in numbers in comparison to being alone is overpowered.

Ps: Condition remove and 2 dodges in the opposite direction would have saved you there, and destroying the roots also would have helped.

If you check around the 8 second mark I try to transfer the root with staff 4 to roll out but the root was immediately reapplied giving no opportunity to dodge out of it. I could have used heal to try to get out but I was full health. I would have done that if I had known 20 people were going to roll up behind me, but my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs.

With respect to destroying the roots… have you ever played a condition necro?

Oh, and my demand (lol?) is that they consider undoing the changes made to root.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

My favorite is ranger using entangle + muddy terrain, plus regular ranger attacks it insures I cleanse everything except immob.

Second favorite is warrior bola, pin down, sword flurry.

Worth pointing out that you just need 1 of these people in a group, but why not add a few more so by the time the person can leave the root your cooldown is up again.

I feel like the problem is that every class puts out lots of junk conditions they can’t not apply. A zerker warrior doesn’t care about bleed, but his sword piles it on. I’m trying everything to clear immob but I keep clearing cripple (so I move slower while not able to move) and vulnerability.

My fix is remove the set order of everyones abilities and make it random. Things like thief steal always taking stability first, why? I’d rather be screwed by RNG than know that I will never remove the condition I want because its too far down the list.

in WvW

Gumby.1708

If you check around the 8 second mark I try to transfer the root with staff 4 to roll out but the root was immediately reapplied giving no opportunity to dodge out of it. I could have used heal to try to get out but I was full health. I would have done that if I had known 20 people were going to roll up behind me, but my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs.

With respect to destroying the roots… have you ever played a condition necro?

Oh, and my demand (lol?) is that they consider undoing the changes made to root.

So they should change a mechanic, because your necro with that build and skill set cant deal with this situation ? btw i love how you quote me, bash on my sidenote and dont elaborate on the important part that states that your problem description and examples are not representative.

The issue with your examples always is: The enemy is superior in numbers + You cant cleanse the conditions off ….
and thats not a problem of the game mechanic if you ask me.

You have to break down your problem to a x vs x , otherwise you cant compare and evaluate the situation. It is balanced if you compare it that way.

If you look at 1 vs 1: The enemy will not be able to keep up the immobilize status on you, because he either wont be able to chain it to last so long or he will be vulnerable to your attacks and has to change his “immobilize” rotation.

If you look at x vs x: The enemy will not be able to keep up the immobilize status on you, because you have x-1 other teammates that can either support you i.e. cure your conditions or heal you or they can pressure the other teammates so they cannot continue to chain their immobilize.

If you look at a x vs 1 situation: Your points are valid. You cant do much to prevent that combo from happening. But this way any other combo that leaves you powerless would be able to be pulled off. Its common sense and perfectly normal that you will be powerless in an outnumbered situation.

And i highly doubt this will be the “new meta” and that you will encounter this problem very often. Its a gimmick build, you cant pull it off alone and its hard countered by condition removal.

I mainly play wvw and roam from time to time … not even once have i encountered this problem neither in massive zergs nor in small scale groups and not even in solo fights… even if i did i would have enough condition removal to counter it.

(edited by Gumby.1708)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

So they should change a mechanic, because your necro with that build and skill set cant deal with this situation?

You might think you are being smart, but you aren’t. First, I’m not the only one complaining about this. Second, the people complaining about this aren’t all necros. That was really a juvenile line of attack. But, to make it worse you go on to say that you don’t think it’s a problem because you haven’t experienced this personally.

That is called hypocrisy. Here is the same statement flipped around on you: “So they shouldn’t change a mechanic because your class and build is nearly passively immune to snares and roots?” Which is the case with certain warrior builds.

Its common sense and perfectly normal that you will be powerless in an outnumbered situation.

This really explains where you are coming from. I never give up trying to win a fight even when hopelessly outnumbered. I seek out and look for challenges. Any change that removes challenge from a fight one or the other way is a bad change.

Should an outnumbered fight be difficult. Yes. Should you be completely powerless. No. Never. That is bad game design.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Gumby.1708

wow you did it again … unbelieveable … you really should read and think before you comment. i dont want to repeat myself over and over again

You have to break down your problem to a x vs x , otherwise you cant compare and evaluate the situation. It is balanced if you compare it that way.

here i quoted myself to not make your brain hurt.

and of course you should never give up a fight, that doesnt mean you should expect to be able to win all of them. And you can win even 3 on 1 in specific situations (i even won 4 on 1 once with my p/d thief ). But if you take same skill and equally viable builds as a baseline you will be powerless against enemies that are superior in terms if your number. If you want to evaluate a “broken gamemechanic” be objective.

(edited by Gumby.1708)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Bottom line. I think roots that last for over 20 seconds are out of line regardless of the circumstances. You don’t.

in WvW

Gumby.1708

regardless of the circumstances

Yeah thats blatantly narrow-minded. Furthermore good luck convincing people of a problem that is clearly insignificant. If you care to read my comments again maybe you understand… someday.

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Properly specced Rangers have and had a niche spamming aoe immobilizes on zergs. This kinda stuff is OK for zvz with guard faceroll but not for smallscale

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Furthermore good luck convincing people of a problem that is clearly insignificant.

More people that have posted here and on youtube have agreed with me than disagreed with me. Did you even bother reading their posts? Zerglings aren’t likely to notice this as a problem. People who spend their time doing small scale fighting will. Especially when fighting zerglings.

And, why should people take you seriously when you say things like…

First off Warriors are not really good at roaming.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Worst-wvw-player/3214258

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Properly specced Rangers have and had a niche spamming aoe immobilizes on zergs. This kinda stuff is OK for zvz with guard faceroll but not for smallscale

Hey, Entangle roots can be destroyed. Not my problem

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Who knows why they do half of what they do. They have no clue what they’re doing that’s obvious.

If you watch that dev stream where they explained the ruins and really listen to what they say about how they come up with their patches and all, you’ll realize why.

They basically confirmed what you just said (in different words, but it’s basically the same). After listening to that it didn’t surprise me why it took 8 months to kill culling and implement the ranking which “took a lot of time”…

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Why argueing against someone who is convinced warriors are bad at roaming? He just openly admitted to be quite clueless about the state of the game with that funny piece of literature… Wouldn`t expect any valuable input.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Here is my post about IMMOBILIZE from 9th of November.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/condi-duration-affecting-immobilize-anet-why/first#post3178323

It’s problem not only in WvW/sPvP but in PvE too trust me.I’m telling this as some1 who don’t PvE at all but got in situation where Creeps Stacked almost a minute of immobilize every time i cleanse it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree it’s a bit excessive right now… 30s+… jeeze lol

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa