2k WvW rank

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

Currently sitting at ~300. With the Celebration Booster, playing 2~3 hours a day, I am gaining 80~90 ranks per week. I mostly follow zergs and enjoy ppting and fighting. So, it shall take 6-8 months to reach 2k. Not bad at all.

I may play extra 2-3 hours during the weekends. How many ranks are ya all gaining?

(edited by Ryudnard.2587)

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I’ve played about 30-35 hours a week to reach diamond and reached about 80-100 as well. I don’t have an exact number but it seems on par what the numbers you get.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Ehh, about 10 on a normal week.

And by a normal week I mean there’s no zerging, usually just raiding with my guild and solo roaming, which barely gives out any XP at all.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have only been playing 10 hours a week recently, and receive about 20-25 levels. More if I use a booster.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

Depends on the week. I commit 2-4 hours a night 5 days a week to wvw and to my guild and will sometimes play outside of guild rallies for a few hours as well, which give about 40-60 ranks on average with no boosters. I don’t really do one thing in specific, mostly a mix of everything(zerging, roaming, guild runs, ect)

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

Using gw2efficiency to calculate a 12 week average comes out to about 24 ranks per week for me. A typical week involves 6-8 hours of small group play and 2-4 hours of large group play. This is with exp and celebration boosters.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I mostly solo roam. So not much maybe about 10 – 20 max a week.

I’m one of these rare unicorns of GW2. The ones that more motivated by the fights then the crap-tiered PvE rewards. Just saying

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Using gw2efficiency to calculate a 12 week average comes out to about 24 ranks per week for me. A typical week involves 6-8 hours of small group play and 2-4 hours of large group play. This is with exp and celebration boosters.

Where did you find WvW in gw2efficiency? I can’t find it.

(Nevermind, I found it. It was hiding in the statistics section I had never explored.)

115 levels in 19 days (with every booster I could find, 165-%170% I think)

(edited by Elric Of Melnibone.4781)

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I gain about 1.5 ranks per hour and play about 25~30 hours per week on a good week (~10 on slower weeks).
So since the patch, about 40~50 ranks per week. I’m sitting pretty at rank 3400~ with about 5500 hours logged on the gamemode. Note that plenty of that time was spent roaming and scouting on a ranger. Not much wxp rewarded there.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

10-20 depending on how often my roaming crosses the zerg taking a structure and if I feel like joining in on it.

SBI

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Dunno stopped paying attention to it after I maxed. :P

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Diamond is a target. Ranks seem to go way faster with the pip system. Just play the game, the rewards will come and you may make some new friends and find a new game mode you enjoy:)

CCCP….

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Diamond is a target. Ranks seem to go way faster with the pip system. Just play the game, the rewards will come and you may make some new friends and find a new game mode you enjoy:)

With a birthday booster, ~20 hours – 40-45 ranks per week.

Piken Square

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Dunno stopped paying attention to it after I maxed. :P

HAHAHAHA

this was great

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Odinens.5920

Odinens.5920

Currently sitting at ~300. With the Celebration Booster, playing 2~3 hours a day, I am gaining 80~90 ranks per week. I mostly follow zergs and enjoy ppting and fighting. So, it shall take 6-8 months to reach 2k. Not bad at all.

I may play extra 2-3 hours during the weekends. How many ranks are ya all gaining?

If you’re getting 80-90 ranks per week you are playing a whole lot more than 2-3 hours a day. I started WvW a couple weeks prior to the patch, I play at least 3 hours a night in there and I’m still only rank 134ish. I always have guild exp boost running, and use other boosters when I have them.

I only run with zerg groups, as I’m not comfortable enough yet to be a roamer, and I don’t generally run with smaller havoc groups.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

6-8 Months just so you can get yourself Ascended Weapons and Armor, seems like a pretty great, great deal to me.

/Sarcasm

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Not really gaining more than 10 a week, but I’m already way over 2k so it doesn’t matter much.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Currently on around rank 4k. Not playing WvW much anymore except during weekends cause of RL commitments (gotta pay dem bills). Probably still get 15-20 ranks a week though? No boosters used. Not that hard tbh

I’m so dam close to mithril rank

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Most players play about 4 hrs a day (which is generous) the avg rank gain Is about 1 rank per hour with no boosters (about 2 ranks per hour w boosters). On avg that’s about 28 ranks per week with no boosters. 52 weeks in a year = 1456 ranks a year with no boosters. So if u take into account days you don’t play, when you run out of boosters your looking at about 1 1/2 to 2 years to hit rank 2000.

aka. “The Complainer”

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Most players play about 4 hrs a day (which is generous)

Definitely not “most”

From the data on gw2efficiency…
50% of players play less than 1 hour 14 minutes per day.
Only ~30% of players play more than 2 hours per day
Only ~10% of players play more than 4 hours per day

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

(edited by Kalendraf.9521)

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

i got hero triump armor and boots and i basicly finished with grinding anything else,its like 2000 hours killed for single armor skin and wasted gold on boosters.
this armor is worst thing that could happen to casual game. 3000 hours for new guy to get skin,wow.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

At worst it should take 2000hr but most average 1.5 ranks per hour so 1400hrs. The prestige armor is a long term reward mainly for wvw focused players not casual players. The Warbringer in was made wih casual players in mind. Close to 5yrs of playing wvw in GW2 and this is the first set of long term rewards specifically for wvwers.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i got hero triump armor and boots and i basicly finished with grinding anything else,its like 2000 hours killed for single armor skin and wasted gold on boosters.
this armor is worst thing that could happen to casual game. 3000 hours for new guy to get skin,wow.

You…. do know that there’s a reward track, where you can pick the piece of triumphant armor you want, and unlock the skin that way, called the Triumphant Armor Reward Track", right?

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’ve gotten around 250 ranks since the rewards patch.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Sikamori.4791

Sikamori.4791

If you’re getting 80-90 ranks per week you are playing a whole lot more than 2-3 hours a day. I started WvW a couple weeks prior to the patch, I play at least 3 hours a night in there and I’m still only rank 134ish. I always have guild exp boost running, and use other boosters when I have them.

I only run with zerg groups, as I’m not comfortable enough yet to be a roamer, and I don’t generally run with smaller havoc groups.

Running with a zerg should be around 3-4 ranks an hour unboosted. Or atleast that’s how much I seem to make went really going at it. I wouldn’t know what you’d get boosted though. Or if it’s less on a slow day.

Roaming is easily 2-3 aswell unboosted depending on if you are truly hopping maps and taking every camp you can.

Also on a side note not replying to anyone really, who started the whole "It takes 2k hours to get to 2000 rank? There is no way that’s real, even me being lazy and barely scouting I make atleast 2 ranks an hour.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

30h, running with zerg, hitting majority of targets, full zerk, barely dying, gave me maybe 50-70ranks…
(i am under rank 100, just got back and must say all this pip and rank grinding just to get ascended gear etc. is getting on my nerves. doesn’t help missing diamond 40 tickets by less than half an hour because of reset system -_-
couldn’t get myself motivated to keep playing more right after this, even though i had an Awesome time which was properly my most enjoyable WvWvW experience in GW2, but because of this silly loss of 30h investment and the extreme unfairness of others easy mode gaining it i just can’t get myself to log back on)

it is truly like they want people who ain’t super happy with hardcore grind to just quit the game, which is so silly as that grind for max stats completely stops and the entire focus of the game switches after the 2-4 months of hardcore grind it takes to get full ascended gear the first time. which gives a completely misrepresentation of endgame.
either you will love the gearing system and hate the endgame, or hate the gearing process and love the endgame. so yer.. not optimal imho

Most players play about 4 hrs a day (which is generous)

Definitely not “most”

From the data on gw2efficiency…
50% of players play less than 1 hour 14 minutes per day.
Only ~30% of players play more than 2 hours per day
Only ~10% of players play more than 4 hours per day

which isn’t really a wonder when the majority of people are being punished by the systems so that a small % can be rewarded exceedingly.
reminds me a lot about real life work. doubt more than 50% would spend more than 1h a day on that as well if it was a real choice :P

personally i don’t think people that simply played longer should be rewarded exceedingly more for the exact same action in the game only rewarded more because they simply played the game much longer (it is already an advantage that they have had longer time to accumulated wealth, giving them even more of a leg up seems like you are just trying to punish newer and returning players. it also have the negative effect off creating an even bigger power gab, the longer the games been out, between old and new players which is something you almost never want to do in a game)

edit: ofc i do understand that it is sweet that your % of magic find goes up the longer you play, that you feel investment progress and feel it gets “reasonably easy” to switch builds etc.
But you need to remember that unless you give something to the other side of the coin it will also add a negative feeling for those that are yet to reach that critical point where they stop caring about pushing to get something specific in the game and just gone over to play because its fun and enjoyable ^^

(edited by Nyx.6532)

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Guess you all can have my tickets and whatnot – I so don’t care about the backpiece and armor.
I wanted to have the alpine borderland this week grrr!

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

You…. do know that there’s a reward track, where you can pick the piece of triumphant armor you want, and unlock the skin that way, called the Triumphant Armor Reward Track", right?

i got triumphant HERO armor skins tho. you need like 500 tickets for these.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I’ve been playing since launch. I’ve always done a fair amount of WvW and for the last 2-3 years, outside of a few months when HoT was new, I’ve played more WvW than anything else. I used to play 4+ hours pretty much every day, a lot more on weekends. These days maybe 1-2 hours on average (again, more at weekends).

I have three accounts (four if you count the F2P one) and I switched from one account to another as my “focus” WvW account about 18 months after launch. I rarely remember to use boosters.

I still don’t have any of the accounts above rank 2000 although my main account is now very close. My current medium term goal is to get out of Silver and into Gold, which is less than 200 ranks away. I reckon to get 2-3 ranks in a session if I zerg. If I just scout and roam I’m lucky to get even one.

I have no interest whatsoever in any of the new rewards. I have no interest in skins. I dressed my characters how I wanted them to look when they dinged 80, which was mostly years ago now, and as far as I’m concerned they will stay that way until the game closes down. I already have Ascended armor, which is far easier to get in other ways, and I have no interest whatsoever in Legendary weapons or armor (I don’t change my builds unless there is some radical change in the game – has only happened once or twice in five years).

What I do care about is progression. GW2 hardly has any real progression in the way other MMOs do so I have to make the most of it where I can find it and WvW ranks are a great substitute for leveling (Masteries are good too). What I’d really like is some non-random means of boosting ranks in the way we get all those potions to boost reward tracks (I have hundreds of those unused in my bank because those rewards are something else I don’t have much interest in).

I like the new rewards (Pips) system because of the effect it’s had on both population and attitude (more people actually look at the score now and some of them even change tactics accordingly) but I don’t personally want any of the actual rewards. I just want more ranks!

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

6-8 Months just so you can get yourself Ascended Weapons and Armor, seems like a pretty great, great deal to me.

/Sarcasm

Dude it takes you that long to get the tickets maxing out diamond every week to afford the armor anyway so get off it.

2k WvW rank

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m currently sitting on 1530, and gain an average of 1 – 2 ranks per day (w/o boosters). I’m not too concerned about gaining levels, as I’ll hit 2000 before I finish earning enough tickets to acquire all of the skins anyway.