50 WXP ranks for achievement, too grindy

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

WvW Season 1 is going to run for 7 weeks, or 49 days. This means we have to get one world rank every day for 7 weeks. The only people who will be able to attain this are regular WvWers, the same ones who are in dedicated WvW guilds. Please be a bit more reasonable with how much gameplay is required, 10 or 20 WXP ranks would be fine, 50 is overboard.

This is from the perspective of a casual WvW player, I have rank 30 on my Guardian and probably rank 50 or so across all my characters. I enjoy WvW a lot and it’s fun to strategize on voice chat (especially in small havoc teams) but I don’t know if I’m hardcore enough for this. ):

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

WvW Season 1 is going to run for 7 weeks, or 49 days. This means we have to get one world rank every day for 7 weeks. The only people who will be able to attain this are regular WvWers, the same ones who are in dedicated WvW guilds. Please be a bit more reasonable with how much gameplay is required, 10 or 20 WXP ranks would be fine, 50 is overboard.

This is from the perspective of a casual WvW player, I have rank 30 on my Guardian and probably rank 50 or so across all my characters. I enjoy WvW a lot and it’s fun to strategize on voice chat (especially in small havoc teams) but I don’t know if I’m hardcore enough for this. ):

50 ranks is nothing for a 7 week period. I have also seen an increase drop rate of liquid wxp. I think 50 is a sufficient threshold to distinguish dedicated WvWers with the more casual players being excluded from the seasonal rewards. Though i will agree that there will be those who fall in between the cracks.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

You could just do a jumping puzzle. You only have to do 15 out of the 18 achievements to complete the meta achieve.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I wonder how many ranks it would actually take to complete the necessary achievements.

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

And I will never be a dungeon master.

Its good to reward the more invested in its category. It wouldnt be fun completing all in one week..

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The daily is 2 ranks, and that is also done so no, 50 for 7 weeks(lol weeks not days) is easy. Do one a day and you are fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Alerion.3708

Alerion.3708

50 ranks a player who plays only wvw can do in a few days. If you play 1 hour a day, you will get the archievment after at least 4 weeks.

Warrior @ Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

You could also buy 50 ranks with 100(?) Laurels and all those badges you got in achieve chest. Ha…ha…

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

The only people who will be able to attain this are regular WvWers

I believe this is the point.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You could also buy 50 ranks with 100(?) Laurels and all those badges you got in achieve chest. Ha…ha…

I was gonna say that :p And maybe if you are lucky you’ll get a keg of Wxp in one of the reward chest (how funny would it be if it’s in the last one ?).

Also, the first ranks in WvW do not require as much experience. If you are that lazy and have that many laurels, you could always created a new character, use laurels to buy the ranks, delete it when it gets to r4 (or 5 ?) and repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: Teikoku.2068

Teikoku.2068

I am happy with it and hope they increase it even more. Would be a great way to thin out the glory achievement hunters doing nothing for their server . I hope they raise it to 100-200 WXP Ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

It is unrealistic considering I cannot even get in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I am not in any guild and I can get a single rank in a day without much trouble.

I got Rank 60 the other day on my Warrior and I surely don’t think it’s too much.

After all, if kitten hits the fan, you can always use Laurels for ranks. 49 days means you’ll be getting at least that many Laurels, possibly 20 more. That already amounts to 24-34 ranks. Even more so if you use characters that only have 1 rank, since Rank 1-4 takes 5000 WXP.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Its actually possible to get 50 WXP ranks in a night. But thats if there is a karma train going on. Im fairly sure Anet intended on making the achievements require fairly regular WvW attendence though. I think they were pretty lenient on a number of them as I have completed several of them already.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

50 is not that much u got 7 weeks. i got 12 last night just from wiping zergs. not sure about t1 servers though because of the endless queues

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I got over 20 ranks just last night (had 3 boosters though) and expect to be done with this one in 4 days, 5 tops via regular, everyday WvW gameplay. I do not see any problems whatsoever unless you get one of those match ups where 2 servers just get spawn camped on all maps and yours is on the short end of the stick, in which case, simply go PvE, come back next week.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

the rank is counted account wide right ? i remember the first 5 or 10 rank only need 1000 point to level one rank, so if you have many characters, bring them all to the war….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I got over 20 ranks just last night (had 3 boosters though) and expect to be done with this one in 4 days, 5 tops via regular, everyday WvW gameplay. I do not see any problems whatsoever unless you get one of those match ups where 2 servers just get spawn camped on all maps and yours is on the short end of the stick, in which case, simply go PvE, come back next week.

Is this happening to anyone? I haven’t seen serious spawn camping in a while — now when one server is severely outmatched, it just becomes karma train fodder.

By the way, if your server is getting stomped now, it’s likely to be stomped the whole season as the current matchups are pretty much the most balanced they can get.

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

1 rank per day for 49 days, and the extra rank spread out over the 49 days, you can rank up in less than 1 hour, its hardly grindy, if they had said 250 ranks then its grindy.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

1 rank per day for 49 days, and the extra rank spread out over the 49 days, you can rank up in less than 1 hour, its hardly grindy, if they had said 250 ranks then its grindy.

You’ll get more than that extra rank out of those cheevo reward chests too.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

T1 never get it cause of queues of 3 hours :/

Anet is great in not see the consequenses.

And no i do not want transfer to another server cause i am on SFR since 1 year and wont give up all friend or miss some player.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Npac.3476

Npac.3476

Plz make this ez mode game ezier!

Zelrin- 80 Thief
Founder of PAXA

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

And no i do not want transfer to another server cause i am on SFR since 1 year and wont give up all friend or miss some player.

dont blame anet for it. NA T1 actually recruited and bought guilds from their opponents and crippled many servers with it. so that is thoes servers community fault. anet never said: go stack all in t1. they wanted us to spread out. and we all warned t1 servers about this.
we told them that the queues could become a problem during season1. but no, they took even more guilds to be able to field 70+ man zergs on each map 24/7….well now pve players have joined wvw….
well karma can bite….buying guilds, crippling other servers to overstack yours, u should have know that pve players would get in wvw to get a chest too. we all told u so….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Lol! Dude! The lead dev, Devon, warned everybody that stacking in T1 will create queues and issues. This post made it onto reddit even. I would link to it but I’m on cell and that’s way too much work.

But on the forums you see “no queues in T1 on every map bla blah blah”. Were the people saying that trolling or just foolish???

When I was on JQ (prior to the frontrunning onto T1 servers), it was basically just a handful of mainstay guilds (a few guilds had just left for SoR even) and there were at least 15 minute queues almost every night. 15 min doesn’t sound like a lot until you realize this is JQ when it’s dead. Now JQ (and other T1) are alive.

You sleep in the bed you make, young hero.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

FYI karma train Friday will award you 3 WvW level per hour without using any WvW exp boost.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Remember you can find WXP Jugs, some even reward up to 2,500 WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I got 8 ranks last night… your monthly laurels get you 5 ranks, which can happen up to three times during the season, plus a rank for every second daily you complete.
15+24(.5)=39, which means you only actually have to farm 11 ranks total, if you’re willing to spend your laurels.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in WvW

Player Character.9467

T1 also has a lot more targets to kill for wxp. Tag the zerg, wipe the zerg, get 60*60 wxp for 1 fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Nyxion.9142

Nyxion.9142

Piken here. T1 is not a problem, queues are broken and they have to be fixed, but anet doesn’t give a kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I can gain 50 ranks in a week easy.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Dang…7 weeks means at least 70 ranks for me.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Piken here. T1 is not a problem, queues are broken and they have to be fixed, but anet doesn’t give a kitten

Queues aren’t an issue for most servers. I don’t want ArenaNet devotin resources on things that only matter to a minority of the servers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

It is unrealistic considering I cannot even get in WvW.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I won’t be going for this achievement since being a roamer never nets that much wxp, that said you can always follow the zerg around and get easy wxp and for sure get you acieve.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I got this in 20 hours, not straight, this includes sleep and real life etc. Just stop with these threads. These achievements are beyond casual, I will have everysingle one done before the end of the first weekend, yet I am not on forums screaming about: OMG DOOD ADD MOAR POINTS. Just farm the 15 you can handle or run with people that are actually organized.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

50 ranks is nothing for a 7 week period. I have also seen an increase drop rate of liquid wxp. I think 50 is a sufficient threshold to distinguish dedicated WvWers with the more casual players being excluded from the seasonal rewards. Though i will agree that there will be those who fall in between the cracks.

I agree with this. Plus, the achievements seem to be designed for the non hardcore wvw players. Anet is trying to get them to be more active in wvw, and making the achievements sort of grindy for the average person, will ensure that IF they want to get those achievements, they will need to participate in wvw on a regular basis.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Remember you can find WXP Jugs, some even reward up to 2,500 WXP

Ow there are even better jugs then that. I got lucky last night and got a keg. Thats right, a KEG.
Was worth 25.000 wxp, or 5 rank ups.

Sure helped, now i got 19 rank ups yesterday. 50 is not a big deal. Those who are dedicated WvW players will hit that after 2 weeks, or even just 1 week.

Kinda bummed there are many as 4 JP achievements. Guess arenanet wanted to hand out the pve’ers an easy way to get the WvW reward. Not that that reward is any good, but hey…

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

We have 7 weeks to complete these? wow… That’s more than enough time lol. I thought it was 1 week. I’m @ 4/15, with about 10 near completes already.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

If you can’t finish these achievements, possibly with the exception of the SM cap depending on your server, then it’s not a game or metric issue its a" You clearly do not have time to play this game issue." I am finished with these achievements and it was about 20 hours of gameplay, much of that was not with huge groups just 10 of us messing around having a good time. 20/7= 3 hours per week.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

If you can’t finish these achievements, possibly with the exception of the SM cap depending on your server, then it’s not a game or metric issue its a" You clearly do not have time to play this game issue." I am finished with these achievements and it was about 20 hours of gameplay, much of that was not with huge groups just 10 of us messing around having a good time. 20/7= 3 hours per week.

You probably need to command on defence more =P

I can’t say I’m havin trouble with the achievements either but I don’t have them done yet.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

In the first 30 minutes of the season I was fortunate enough to get a keg of WXP (4 levels).
I’m already 34 ranks in and I didn’t play at all Saturday and only a few hours Sunday.

This is VERY achievable.

in WvW

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Maybe my results are atypical but I picked up about 30 ranks in the opening weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I already have this achievement. I got it tonight so it only took me 4 days. Its not a big goal. Its just that its designed for the average player to complete in 7 weeks. If you jump in and do a couple of hours here and there you will get it. On average, most WvW players get a bit over 1 level an hour. So you need to play 50 hours of WvW. Thats only 7 hours of WvW. And thats just if your playing average. Its possible if its a karma train to get it in one night.

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Like everything in WVW this is made for no brain zerging around. It should be very easy to accomplish. Just roll a warrior, and follow a commander around pressing 111111111.

in WvW

Player Character.9467

Like everything in WVW this is made for no brain zerging around. It should be very easy to accomplish. Just roll a warrior, and follow a commander around pressing 111111111.

Roll something like a wellomancer, better tagging with less front lining.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi

I have gained 37 ranks since the friday reset, I have to admit I spend my weekend in wvw though except some minor stuff and guild missions. I also realize it is largely dependant on the match-up and your server, there will be weeks when you will gain ranks very slow, and other weeks when they will just fly.

But I do not see any issue with this, I expect to be done with the 50 rank AP on Friday reset at furthest. If your server is unlucky for match ups, you will take maybe 2-3 times as long, do not be discouraged, look at it as a longer term goal, get in with an organized wvw group or guild if yours is not, hop onto their VOIP and run with them. Everything will fall into place by itself.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

This means we have to get one world rank every day for 7 weeks. The only people who will be able to attain this are regular WvWers, the same ones who are in dedicated WvW guilds.

Sound’s perfect to me. Please go back to PvE.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

7 weeks = 49 days. If you do 1 rank per day, and 2 ranks when “World Ranker” is a daily, you’ll still be able to take a few days off.

And if you fall behind, you can buy ranks for 2 laurels and 50 badges per rank (100 laurels and 2500 badges total).

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

pve’er spotted

hey tequatl requires 100 ppl coordinating on TS, won’t happen on wvw server…. let’s make it fair, nah?

i get few ranks every day, idk why someone would have issue with that archive

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

This means we have to get one world rank every day for 7 weeks. The only people who will be able to attain this are regular WvWers, the same ones who are in dedicated WvW guilds.

Sound’s perfect to me. Please go back to PvE.

uh, i smell stinky elitist…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK