A big reason I don't WvW

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Is because when loot bags drop I miss most of them. I am unable to keep track of them, and if I go looking for them I’m either slowing down my party, or getting left behind by a zerg.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AlexPort.9204

AlexPort.9204

use the aoe-looting? i have no problems to get all the bags with it…

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I can understand your plight. However as has been mentioned AOE pickup is your friend here, along with a constant tapping of it during zvz battles.

However I would like to see the radius increased, simply because if I back track to where I was fighting I inevitably find a few bags i missed.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I’d like to take “kitten PvE players say in WvW” for 800, Alex.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Is because when loot bags drop I miss most of them. I am unable to keep track of them, and if I go looking for them I’m either slowing down my party, or getting left behind by a zerg.

set a key for aoe loot,and spamm that while fighting,you wont miss loot.

You know what would get you money anet ? Bring in a mini-pet that autoloots all with a larger radius then using the Aoe loot key.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

This really doesn’t make much sense to me.

If you’re that worried about not helping your party, then how does not playing WvW at all help?

What’s the real meaning behind this thread?

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

Play for the win, not the loot.

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Couldn’t have said this better myself.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

Couldn’t have said this better myself.

I will say just this Yes just Yes

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

My only problem with loot is forgetting to spam my aoe-loot button in the middle of an invigoratingly chaotic fight. I’m horrible about remembering that loot bags drop from players.

I leave more loot on the ground because I’m focused on winning.

(Need an auto-loot that does not require my remembering that playing WvW has something to do with loot.)

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Is this a late April fools?

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

So if you had a Pre- cursor drop and you missed it, you would just think “oh well good fights, kitten the 600g i could make”?

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Why not just keybind AoE loot to a different key then set up a macro on your keyboard to spam it continuously?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

So if you had a Pre- cursor drop and you missed it, you would just think “oh well good fights, kitten the 600g i could make”?

this is completely bogus because how the heck would you know you were getting a precursor drop if you didn’t even bother looting the corpses?

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s easier to loot in wvw than pve because the bags generate next to you….

Though I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want all loot to just be teleported straight into my bags. I can’t imagine why I wouldn’t want such a thing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I’d wager most WvW players have missed a precursor at some point because of this.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

this is completely bogus because how the heck would you know you were getting a precursor drop if you didn’t even bother looting the corpses?

It’s potentially not bogus, actually. I don’t know if item rarity procs off of loot or drop (that is to say, does anything even spawn in a bag that isn’t looted?) but if it procs off drop, abandoned bags could potentially have a real effect on the economy of rare items.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Carry a kitten-tonne of cheap giant cakes or trays and spam drop them during major engagements.

1. People will take more kindly to your bag concern.
  2. You will become the most loved individual in the zerg. [/sarcasm]

The whole bag drop thing is (and always has been) monumentally stupid design. This should be a non-issue — but it is not.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Why not just keybind AoE loot to a different key then set up a macro on your keyboard to spam it continuously?

Because with Anet’s insane definition of a ‘macro’ you’re only allowed to use macros when they aren’t actually macros. And yes, this is the Anet which licenses an official macro keyboard.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Because with Anet’s insane definition of a ‘macro’ you’re only allowed to use macros when they aren’t actually macros. And yes, this is the Anet which licenses an official macro keyboard.

How what they know if it’s a macro,? You could just be spamming the autoloot key like everyone else. Set it to toggle on and off. Turn it on in the fight, turn it off when you are done. After seeing the amount of bots and hacks and gold sellers and buyers in this game I don’t see why anyone would be worried about an auto loot macro.

EDIT

Just dug this up

“Gaile Gray.6028:

Macros

Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.

This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok."

So having a macro that autoloots for you is in accordance with the rules since it is only casting 1 skill, which is too loot. I think I will program my keyboard now, after suggesting it I realize how useful it will be. No more missed bags, cause even after getting into the habit of spamming the loot key I still miss some and it sucks to see them disappear just as you are about to pick them up.

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I have my aoe loot button setup for the [alt] button and press it often when in fights especially when I see the yellow exp text flashing up. It’s still a pretty kitten system to not have loot automatically go to your inventory on a kill though.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Are-AoE-Loot-Macros-allowed/first

^^ See this before you decide to use an AOE Loot macro

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dealarr.4925

Dealarr.4925

Put something in the shop where you can buy a bag boy, like shield boys back in the days where they bear shields for warriors.

As we roll over zergs, our bag boy (or girl, if you so choose) picks up our loot and goes in our inventory while they can have maybe 20 bag space on them if ours gets full. I will buy it for 800 gems or more.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

goldenwing.8473

Put an “endless” WvW autoloot bag into the Gem Store. All loot that falls in WvW automatically lands there whether dead or alive.

I can dream, right?

Understand there are issues with having the game actually auto-loot deposit, bags get full and loot gets left behind and the players aren’t aware it is happening, which would have players unhappy with the developer. With dropped bags, it’s the customers’ responsibility to pick up bags. If the loot gets missed, they have no one to blame but themselves. (see: my previous post), ….. And players are still unhappy with the developer.

Can’t win on this one guys.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

And how would you know its a pre cursor drop if you havent looted it?

Play for the fights not the rewards and if you do, go pve, much better quality drops.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

I still don’t understand why you have to press a button in order to get your reward.
Anet seems obsessed with people clicking and pressing things, i.e. one run of LA under siege = 170+ bags you needed to clickclicklickclick to get your 5 billion blade shards. Why? What is the point?

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Put an “endless” WvW autoloot bag into the Gem Store. All loot that falls in WvW automatically lands there whether dead or alive.

I can dream, right?

Understand there are issues with having the game actually auto-loot deposit, bags get full and loot gets left behind and the players aren’t aware it is happening, which would have players unhappy with the developer. With dropped bags, it’s the customers’ responsibility to pick up bags. If the loot gets missed, they have no one to blame but themselves. (see: my previous post), ….. And players are still unhappy with the developer.

It’s also the customer’s responsibility to manage his/her kittening inventory. I think they are just taking a hard stance and forbidding macros (their idea of a macro is a key bind) so that it doesn’t get out of control.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

The kitten kinda excuse for a thread is this?

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lordmeowalot.8135

lordmeowalot.8135

Press your loot key when the exp notifications pop up. If you’ve tagged a player and he/she dies, the lootbag will appear at your feet, not next to their bodies.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

goldenwing.8473

I can dream, right?

It’s also the customer’s responsibility to manage his/her kittening inventory. I think they are just taking a hard stance and forbidding macros (their idea of a macro is a key bind) so that it doesn’t get out of control.

Agreed.

Customer’s responsibility to manage their own inventory. (Forgot to include that). I support the fact that macros need to be contained (for obvious reasons).

And they’ve done the best they could in WvW by having loot fall at your feet, even if you port quickly enough after being down.

I’d rather have the option to have it land automatically, and let me be responsible for dealing with missed loot due to lack of managing inventory.

In the meantime, it’s my job to remember to spam the aoe-loot button.

At least we can’t complain that loot doesn’t drop at all.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

for almost a year i use a macro for that, no issues.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

for almost a year i use a macro for that, no issues.

It wouldn’t be a good idea for them to punish a paying customer that buys gems and supports the game for a trivial autoloot when bots, hacks, and gold sellers are running rampant in the game.

A big reason I don't WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RDGridjanika.3267

RDGridjanika.3267

Just keep pressing the pickup loot button sometimes in a battle when you get a loot near you, and when youre done with a battle just press ctrl to see if there is any bags somewhere.