All WvWvW Titles Unreachable

in WvW

Posted by: BigJustin.3728

BigJustin.3728

Can we make wvwvw realistic? You hand out structured pvp titles like candy, though wvwvw titles are unreachable. i have done open world pvp since day of release daily, and just today hit 10k kills. takes 250k kills for title. meaning if i continued to play daily i would reach my goal in 20 yrs. Same goes for every wvwvw title. if you do the calculations, and did the work it would take 12 to 20 yrs to obtain the titles if you played 24 hours a day. This is ridiculous. theres not one person in game with a wvwvw title, fix it. Also fix Sorrows Embrace vendor prices, been bugged since release. 330 tokens for gloves, 300 for shoulders, really?

in WvW

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

250,000 kills huh?

24 kills per day, every day, comes out to 434 days to get the title. That does sound more than a little absurd. Especially for the more support-y and controll-y folks who aren’t set up to throw up a blanket of AoE and rake in the kills.

I would have to agree, that title at least seems like it needs some readjustment.

And as a side note to the OP, I’m not a grammar Nazi. I was always terrible at grammar, but some more well placed capital letters would do wonders in making your post both more readable, and more likely to be taken seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Can we make wvwvw realistic? You hand out structured pvp titles like candy, though wvwvw titles are unreachable. i have done open world pvp since day of release daily, and just today hit 10k kills. takes 250k kills for title. meaning if i continued to play daily i would reach my goal in 20 yrs. Same goes for every wvwvw title. if you do the calculations, and did the work it would take 12 to 20 yrs to obtain the titles if you played 24 hours a day. This is ridiculous. theres not one person in game with a wvwvw title, fix it. Also fix Sorrows Embrace vendor prices, been bugged since release. 330 tokens for gloves, 300 for shoulders, really?

A better fix would be changing what they consider a kill. I remember doing my first monthly, killing 5 or 6 guys during a zerg and finding out that, for whatever reason, they did NOT constitute being kills and I got 0 experience for them.

What should have been an hour long endeavor turned into a 6 hour long bout of frustration :-P

If they tweaked what constitutes a kill in WvW this would suddenly become achievable in a more realistic time frame…

in WvW

Posted by: BigJustin.3728

BigJustin.3728

Well the kill title for people though absurd, is the only title maybe even possible. Thing’s like the Yak killing, etc will never be reached by anyone. to date, ive never seen one person with a wvw title. Theres no love out there. Pay for reparis, no rewards, and not a chance at a title. I could go spend half a hour in structured and pick up some new titles, but i need to put in years for open world.

in WvW

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

A better fix would be changing what they consider a kill. I remember doing my first monthly, killing 5 or 6 guys during a zerg and finding out that, for whatever reason, they did NOT constitute being kills and I got 0 experience for them.

What should have been an hour long endeavor turned into a 6 hour long bout of frustration :-P

If they tweaked what constitutes a kill in WvW this would suddenly become achievable in a more realistic time frame…

Any time you gain experience, it should have been counted as a kill. Generally I’ve found that I need to hit for ~1.5-2k damage for a target to be tagged as a kill when it dies.

I’m not sure how they set it up exactly, but it’s relatively easy to tag the things you’re killing as actual kills with smartly placed AoE….which is probably why the devs want to nerf AoE. Can’t have us obtaining kills at anything resembling a rapid rate, no sir!

XP

Can’t help but agree with the OP. WvW titles feel so far away that they’re effectively unattainable to just about everyone.

inb4 “but it’s optional so it doesn’t need fixing lawlz”

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

in WvW

Posted by: Omniwar.4985

Omniwar.4985

250,000 kills huh?

24 kills per day, every day, comes out to 434 days to get the title. That does sound more than a little absurd. Especially for the more support-y and controll-y folks who aren’t set up to throw up a blanket of AoE and rake in the kills.

I would have to agree, that title at least seems like it needs some readjustment.

And as a side note to the OP, I’m not a grammar Nazi. I was always terrible at grammar, but some more well placed capital letters would do wonders in making your post both more readable, and more likely to be taken seriously.

I do belive your calculations are bit off, you are missing some 10 thousand days there. I’m not a calculation Nazi, but some more well placed numbers would do wonders in making your post both more readable, and more likely to be taken seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I’m sure they will soon add some kind of cash shop item to help you cut that 20 year timeframe in HALF.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Title requirement at 1 kill every hour:

• 250,000/24 kills per day = 10417 days (approx).
  • 10417 / 365 = 28.53
    That’s about 28 years and 6 months.

Here’s something a bit more depressing:

• 250,000/150kills per day = 1667 days approx.
  • 1667/365= 4.5 years

So doing the equivalent of 3 monthly requirements every day would require 4 years and 6 months to achieve the title.

I THINK a better title cap would be anywhere between 10,000-15,000. I think they MEANT 25,000 and added a zero

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in WvW

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

They’re not going to stay as they are now. Probably, ArenaNet wanted to have a large amount of data before balancing the titles, so they were intentionally left unobtainable in the mean time.

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

As far as I know, the Ultimate Dominator title requires 50,000 kills not 250,000
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Title → Ultimate Dominator → Get 50000 total kills in WvW.
And I’m around 15k kills atm, so I consider it reasonable.

And btw, sPvP titles are not handed out like candy. Sure Gladiator/Champion Slayer are like “Welcome to sPvP/tPvP, take this title”, but +Ransaker takes some serious time. And that’s fine with me.

Some intermediate titles for the Ultimate Dominator, and all the other WvW titles would be really nice tho.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

250,000 kills huh?

I want to make a note and say that you have to kill 24 players per MINUTE for it to take 434 days… in fact I’m convinced you and your math attempted to do something like that as when you figure that out it comes out to 249,984 which is dangerously close to 250k for an odd mix up.

Anyways, just thought I’d add that. 24 kills per minute every minute for 434 days.

in WvW

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

As far as I know, the Ultimate Dominator title requires 50,000 kills not 250,000
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Title -> Ultimate Dominator -> Get 50000 total kills in WvW.

The wiki has conflicting information, then.

Because according to this link, it’s 250k.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_vs_World_%28achievements%29

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

250,000 kills huh?

In what universe is 434 × 24 = 250,000?

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I always thought it was 50k, which is a good number. 250k though, is absurd.

It has been exactly 15 days since my return to WvW. I have obtained about 2k kills in that time frame. I don’t play AoE either. For 50k, it would take me 345 more days to obtain the Title. While indeed being a very high number to reach, I believe it is perfect. Not just everyone can go out and obtain that. The Title carries weight. Legendary weight, I might add.

As for the rest of the Achievements, bah. Those are ridiculously out of reach for even the most hardcore of players.

In what universe is 434 × 24 = 250,000?

A universe I want to live in.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

agree’d.

the wvw-titles are disappointing. i also wonder why they didnt make a title for every level of the achievements (similar to the faction-titles luxon/kurzick etc. in gw1).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

I don’t want to be all negative, but above all, they are all really generic… “ultimate X”. If i’ve taken more than a thousand times stonemist i don’t want “ultimate liberator”. I want something epic, as its an epic achievement.

Hopefully this will be addresses in the upcoming patches. Probably this achievements where put to gain time while they do it well or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

250,000 kills huh?

I do belive your calculations are bit off, you are missing some 10 thousand days there. I’m not a calculation Nazi, but some more well placed numbers would do wonders in making your post both more readable, and more likely to be taken seriously.

Who even bothers to do the calculations when its past 400 days. Its not even necessary to the point he is trying to make. Also does not contribute to the thread.

Now about the thread: Does anyone else feel a little cheated that people specc-ing into pure damage get more kill count than us people specc-ing into more support? I would love for there to be titles for people who support and buff the group as opposed to those who just spam away AoEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Kill a million yaks.

Use a million supplies.

Yeah… WvW titles are unreasonable.

in WvW

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Anet wants you to just boost everyday for a year to get it.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in WvW

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

And as a side note to the OP I was always terrible at math, seriously.

Fixed.

The point of titles is an additional reward for doing something skillfully and for so long, or for an additional incentive to keep doing what you’re doing, and then some.
These titles are unobtainable by anyone.

Either ArenaNet is batkitten crazy, or they put the current amounts as filler.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in WvW

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Anet wants you to just boost everyday for a year to get it.

I assume you are trying to suggest Anet wants you to use boosts bought with gems to get these titles thereby implying they set it up as a cash grab.

Which boost would help you get these titles any quicker than someone without boosts?

Edit:
@OP I hope they change those numbers because as it stands they are completely unrealistic and there’s no reason to even try for them.

(edited by Unspecified.9142)

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Kill a million yaks.

Use a million supplies.

Yeah… WvW titles are unreasonable.

The defending stonemist title requires you to defend it a million times IIRC.
This takes 3 minutes per defense. Or 3million minutes. Which is 50,000 hours. or about 5.7 years.

5.7 straight years of nothing but standing inside and defending a stonemist castle which is constantly under attack.

in WvW

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

You are expected to let your children inherit your job.

Get back to work slaves! cracks whip

in WvW

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

So then it was not just me… fiuuuuuu I was starting to believe that someone might had some of those titles and that I was doing something wrong xD

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Our guild leader is sitting at about 133k kills at the moment, and the game wasn’t released 10 years ago, so titles are not unreachable.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Our guild leader is sitting at about 133k kills at the moment, and the game wasn’t released 10 years ago, so titles are not unreachable.

I love reading stuff like this. It makes me feel infinitely better about my life.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

LOL, your guild leader has gotten 900 kills a day every day since launch.

Screen shot please

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

hum…. from Red Guard…. I might believe it.

But a Screen Shot would be nice!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I love this topic — math ftw!

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in WvW

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

Yeah the math skills here are very sad. The more pressing question though is “who cares about the title?” The title system is so bad in this game, I don’t think I’ve ever had a chance to notice an enemies title. EQ2 did it better sadly by putting the pvp title in front of the person’s name (slayer, destroyer, master, etc.)

I’m on track to get the title within a year from launch, which is fine with me. But I am not excited about getting it in the least bit because nobody will ever notice I have it.

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

I like longterm goals / rewards like the titles and for example legendary weapon because it actually feels like an accomplishment instead of being handed out a title or rewards for everything you do.
But I understand there’s people that play games mostly for rewards like that so a mix of short term goals and long term goals would be nice to keep everyone happy.
It’s a bit of a dead horse though as it’s been stated so often on these boards and they already announced they’re going to implement changes to rewards and progression in WvW. So I would just wait and see what the feb patch brings in changes to that and if it’s still not easy enough for you to acquire you can always create a new post to complain.

(edited by holska.4127)

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I like difficult-to-reach goals. Maybe 20 years is a bit much though, maybe 2 years is more like it.

I tell you that title would be more valuable than a legendary.

I want “Ultimate Fabricator” and go around spreading misinformation about various things.

in WvW

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

Just do what I do, whenever your children act up or get poor grades in school. Punish them by making them grind Achievements, or by making them farm mats for a few hours.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Just do what I do, whenever your children act up or get poor grades in school. Punish them by making them grind Achievements, or by making them farm mats for a few hours.

#coolparents

in WvW

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Screen shot please

I spent a Saturday camped in Stonemist which was under attack the entire time. Even with a few breaks in there, it was almost 10 hours of barrage and rapid fire and people dying.

I finished with less than 300 kills. Even if it had been 300 kills, that’s 30 kills per hour or one kill every 2 minutes.

Now, my ranger is head to toe exotic zerker and killing someone in two minutes is pretty easy. Heck, most kills are less than 30 seconds (cuz if the fights last longer than that, it usually leads to dead ranger). The problem is that it’s really tough to find a new person to kill every two minutes.

So I’m really skeptical about 900 kills every single day since release…

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

Screen shot please

I spent a Saturday camped in Stonemist which was under attack the entire time. Even with a few breaks in there, it was almost 10 hours of barrage and rapid fire and people dying.

I finished with less than 300 kills. Even if it had been 300 kills, that’s 30 kills per hour or one kill every 2 minutes.

Now, my ranger is head to toe exotic zerker and killing someone in two minutes is pretty easy. Heck, most kills are less than 30 seconds (cuz if the fights last longer than that, it usually leads to dead ranger). The problem is that it’s really tough to find a new person to kill every two minutes.

So I’m really skeptical about 900 kills every single day since release…

seems unreal to me too. Maybe if someone has two separate accounts on two competing servers, then continuously kills themselves all day everyday.. shrug even that would take forever.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

in WvW

Posted by: Medozorz.5920

Medozorz.5920

Getting 1k+ kills (probably being modest here, it depends from class to class) after a good raid is nothing unusual for top organised guilds. So that 133k kills number must be correct:)

TUP

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Getting 1k+ kills (probably being modest here, it depends from class to class) after a good raid is nothing unusual for top organised guilds. So that 133k kills number must be correct:)

hehe “…must be correct” — This made me laugh a lot. How about this: “It’s not unusual for a player to get less than 10 kills an hour, so the 900/day number must be incorrect”.

I think anything less than a screenshot is just wasted text at this point.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in WvW

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Just for some persepctive…

I played LotRO from 2009 until 2011 on one of the (then) new servers. The top-ranked Freep on that server, someone that I knew fairly well and did pvp with quite frequently, is now Rank 14. There are 15 Ranks. That’s over three years of almost daily pvp and he’s still not at the top rank yet. Granted, that server has never had the population of the older servers where there are r15 Freeps (and Creeps), but those servers have also been around for several years longer.

Here’s the thing, though: The massive rank grind in LotRO rewards people with highly visible icons and titles, useful gear (useful for pvp, but not pvm) and cosmetic gear. When you’re out in the ’moors there is always a sense of “just a few more kills” and you can easily get lost killing Creeps for hours, without even noticing it.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

in WvW

Medozorz.5920

hehe “…must be correct” — This made me laugh a lot. How about this: “It’s not unusual for a player to get less than 10 kills an hour, so the 900/day number must be incorrect”.

I think anything less than a screenshot is just wasted text at this point.

Guess you will just have to wait for a screenshot than. Our guild leader must be somewhere up there with the kills 2 *not quite as much but still

TUP

(edited by Medozorz.5920)

in WvW

Posted by: grimmson.9154

grimmson.9154

great another step to satisfy casuals?
I’m quite casual and imo those titles are good.
spvp titles are a joke.
add easier titles to wvw, add similar hard to get titles to spvp
→ everyone is happy

ps.: those garbage spvp titles are no titles at all. that dominator title from wvw will be an awesome title

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

after playing for 900+ hours in wvw alone, i have 56 achivements…

and less than 100 hours on PVE and over 2500 achivements..

some balancing huh.

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Screen shot please

This is from December 21: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/289/sacrx.jpg (you can see the references to the end of the world in chat)

You can easily enough guess that the number has gone up since then.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Medozorz.5920

Here you go juno.

TUP

in WvW

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I don’t even PvP and I’m still ticked off about those achievement requirements. Maybe it’s part of ArenaNet’s failing propaganda efforts, to convince people that WvW has more in common with PvE than PvP. Those kill totals would be reasonable for PvE mobs. Too bad those wretched human players keep showing up with their reviving, their fighting back, their tactical withdrawals and all that awful stuff. Really irritating behaviour for PvE mobs to be exhibiting. One might think they were actually trying to not let you kill them.

Time they re-evaluated WvW from the ground up and decided what the hell they are trying to do with it. Right now it’s a boat without a rudder.

Oh, and pull the kitten player kills requirement from the monthlies for gawd’s sake. It belongs in the PvP achievement track anyway. Tired of getting railroaded out of the monthly rewards for the crime of preferring PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

I don’t even PvP and I’m still ticked off about those achievement requirements. Maybe it’s part of ArenaNet’s failing propaganda efforts, to convince people that WvW has more in common with PvE than PvP. Those kill totals would be reasonable for PvE mobs. Too bad those wretched human players keep showing up with their reviving, their fighting back, their tactical withdrawals and all that awful stuff. Really irritating behaviour for PvE mobs to be exhibiting. One might think they were actually trying to not let you kill them.

Time they re-evaluated WvW from the ground up and decided what the hell they are trying to do with it. Right now it’s a boat without a rudder.

Oh, and pull the kitten player kills requirement from the monthlies for gawd’s sake. It belongs in the PvP achievement track anyway. Tired of getting railroaded out of the monthly rewards for the crime of preferring PvE.

Funny, WvWers hate having the fractal requirement on the monthlies as well.

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

i think ultimate dominator is reachable but some of them like yak killer looks like its going to take 8 generations! by then probably none play the game anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Aesir.3192

Aesir.3192

250,000 kills huh?

And as a side note to the OP, I’m not a grammar kitten. I was always terrible at grammar, but some more well placed capital letters would do wonders in making your post both more readable, and more likely to be taken seriously.

I want to make a note and say that you have to kill 24 players per MINUTE for it to take 434 days… in fact I’m convinced you and your math attempted to do something like that as when you figure that out it comes out to 249,984 which is dangerously close to 250k for an odd mix up.

Anyways, just thought I’d add that. 24 kills per minute every minute for 434 days.

This is even more off the scale. 24 kills per minute x 60 minutes per hour x 24 hours a day x 434 days = 14,999,040 kills. Hell, you’ll have Dominator in just a week then.

I know this topic is getting old, but I’m still surprised this isn’t fixed yet, or was mentioned at the PAX. It’s also fun how they have +1 AP for every like… 5 costume brawl or PvP wins, and then steps like this taking years in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Acquiring WvW titles needs to be balanced with other game modes. I’m guessing they thought acquiring them would be easier since WvW would always be active, but that obviously didn’t happen. It’s especially harder on lower population servers.

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

has anyone got a single one of these yet lol ….. except the “easy ones”

i don’t think i have ever seen anyone with one and i play a lot of wvw

just how many yacks can one person slap

Attachments: