Anet, you're killing WvW

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JFLaliberte.5749

JFLaliberte.5749

The new scoring system in skirmishes is stupid. HoD is already 14 points of the other 2 servers after less than 2 days since reset. Because CD won’t work with NSP, there’s no freaking way we’ll beat HoD. With the 3-2-1 point system, there was a way to catch up to them, but now, by forcing 2 servers to work together and “try” and bring the other down, you’re forcing people to do something they’re not incline to do and may not want to and that’s to team up with the enemy. It’s bad enough PVE is dead, don’t kill the only thing that’s keeping a lot of us here, and that’s WvW.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I agree, change it back to 3-2-1.

Although, to be fair, WvW has bigger problems than scoring. Population issues have been here since the start and ANet has no clue how to address them.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

You think a 2-1-1 scoring system will kill wvw? i’m more concerned about the lack of fights in wvw and lack of growth(guilds,commanders etc) ppt is all about holding stuff and that’s not fun. Should be about epic fights.

Native Maguuman

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Indeed, I had hoped they had stopped this kittened score change this week.

And no, its not even forcing 2 servers to work together. That claim is absolutely ridiculous. If 2 weaker servers work together, one of them will get 1st place and the other 3rd place, because the strongest server will still win some skirmishes. The very idea that one server plays to “win” 3rd place is absurd.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I agree with james, much bigger issues to address like fights. Hence even roaming is dead as well since we have class imbalance and condi king at every turn.

Dtox

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

You can’t have “fights” unless people are playing, and there’s a lot of people who actually care about winning. PPT and fights are not mutually exclusive. Most guilds I know actually do both. Fewer pugs, fewer guild mates, and fewer commanders equals less people to fight. Less people to fight equals less fight guilds out there. Less fight guilds out there means less people for the PPT/PPK people to fight. All around boring. 211 has to go asap.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

You can’t have “fights” unless people are playing, and there’s a lot of people who actually care about winning. PPT and fights are not mutually exclusive. Most guilds I know actually do both. Fewer pugs, fewer guild mates, and fewer commanders equals less people to fight. Less people to fight equals less fight guilds out there. Less fight guilds out there means less people for the PPT/PPK people to fight. All around boring. 211 has to go asap.

I think, right now, the best you can do to address population is to put ascended gear in WvW. WvW deserves it. WvWers that hate playing PvP can just come right back.

Make no mistake, though. WvW needs huge changes if it’s to survive.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

ummm 3-2-1 doesn’t help you catch up. In fact all it would have done is put you guys much further back in third place assuming you’re CD and still 2nd place assuming you’re NSP.

With 3-2-1 the only way for you to catch up is to push HoD linking to third(hasn’t happened so far) whereas with 2-1-1 you can catch up by pushing HoD linking to second or third(has happened a few times)

You really need to get better at maths

(edited by Nate.3927)

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

The reason that HoD is so far ahead is that NSP and CD have much lower populations and terrible coverage.

Server balance has to be effectively addressed.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

DO not worry, wvw is anet’s main priority after the release of HOT

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

All this stupid scoring change does is encourage less participation in WvW. Little reason for 2/3 servers to fight each other, or even show up. Winning means nothing unless you can sustain the level of activity needed to stay on top.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

There is no reason to show up with a 2-1-1 unless you know you can win that timeslot. For the most part you can just chug along if you are the ‘1’ server and not login at all unless you know you can push for the ‘2’.

Winning is also detrimental, look at how BG would win and become locked for months (even though they probably deserve it), it’s still a disincentive to tryhard and win for servers like say, TC.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Scoring changes is one of my least concerns and probably not effecting decline in numbers like other issues like class imbalance/condi meta bullcrap.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

which no life guilds are actually ktraining during the holidays?

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

You think a 2-1-1 scoring system will kill wvw? i’m more concerned about the lack of fights in wvw and lack of growth(guilds,commanders etc) ppt is all about holding stuff and that’s not fun. Should be about epic fights.

You make a good point. Right now, I run in WvW with my partner working on track rewards. Since it’s just us two, we generally just run the circuit taking the camps and sentries until we fill up our reward track and get what we need. Then we reactivate and repeat the circuit until we fill up again.

Defending can be lots of fun, but, I need more incentive to do it. Objective defender, invasion defender, I do them, then move on to my circuit. I need more for defending then I’ll take a post and defend. Until then, I need to do what I need to do to fill up my reward track to get what I’m working for.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Well “Lack of growth” is really all the players fault TBH. There is almost no point in new guilds because the Blob play mentality is all the rage and the new Pin Snipe fad quickly discourages anybody new from tagging up. This is not A-Nets fault.

CCCP….

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Well “Lack of growth” is really all the players fault TBH. There is almost no point in new guilds because the Blob play mentality is all the rage and the new Pin Snipe fad quickly discourages anybody new from tagging up. This is not A-Nets fault.

The entire havoc scene died solely because of what was changed/released with HoT, and the organized havoc scene directly countered the entire incentive/success of omniblobbing. No havoc? Omniblob becomes the absolute best way to play WvW. This is nothing and and has been known for years. That’s why people ran havoc groups to begin with.

It’s not a player problem when literally the only reasonable thing left to do is to blob because all elements of small-group and highly-coordinated gameplay were systematically destroyed at every possible turn.

Fact is, if ANet didn’t want this, they’re absolutely abysmal content designers and their departments don’t communicate about anything, nor is their QA process any good. The effects of HoT on WvW were correctly predicted even before the release of the expansion by our very own community leaders and class theorycrafters.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I have jumped into wvw and have had 3 commanders up at once but they where all guilds and would kick you if you joined.

And none of them responding on the maps either. It is sad as it was a unique part of the game but they decided to drop it for pvp which funnily enough gets worse each season they “work on improving it” xD

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bdews.7236

Bdews.7236

Literally all anet has to do is communicate. Which they are abysmal at. Just tell us the deal and work with the community instead of wasting both our time.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

LUCK on BG are 1.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

Before a mesmer could hide inside a keep and we speak about a paper keep since was fliped and a couple of players that was on the map could fliped after a zerg or blob passing ,now if the other server is alredy 3 times numbers of your server in wvw well not even that satisfaction you have that at least you could farm by killing a lord without spent time with few player sgoing back and forward for supply then get killed again by the zerg for a paper keep.
This thing with score and skirmishes is like who is the best server in the first few days is the winner.
Speaking from a server where 3 hour after reset all was T3 made it from enemy i woul like to know how is supose to play wvw like that and why i havent receive my free transfer since i cant solo a zerg that is around Citadel.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I saw your guild just the other day. Then again I was also in game :p

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JFLaliberte.5749

JFLaliberte.5749

A lot of players like the possibility of winning the weeks match up, but to be so far behind after less than 2 days, some players won’t bother showing up for the rest of the week simply because the incentive is no longer there. And yes, the 3-2-1 system did allow servers to catch up or at least keep them in the running. We’ve had horrible weekends where we were so far behind we thought there was no way we could catch up, yet we could make up the difference during the week because our presence was somewhat more regular.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

This 211 system is terrible. Hello wintersday.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Anet should remove the scoring system unless WvW has a special match like PvP League! Please think long and hard. We are not lab rats.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

(edited by KINGRPG.3492)

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

Anet should remove the scoring system unless WvW has a special match like PvP League! Please think long and hard. We are not lab rats.

maybe we are O.o

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

I totally agree this scoring system is really bad and there is no way to catch up because the 2 lower servers WILL NOT work together to beat the higher scorer server. Please bring back the 3-2-1 scores and I dont know ANYONE who choose this system. Anet already had this in place before they said anyone voted on it (never saw that vote)

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I totally agree this scoring system is really bad and there is no way to catch up because the 2 lower servers WILL NOT work together to beat the higher scorer server. Please bring back the 3-2-1 scores and I dont know ANYONE who choose this system. Anet already had this in place before they said anyone voted on it (never saw that vote)

I choose the new system, less stress if you’re behind because you’ll never fall too far behind.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

kathy.8291

but the name of the game is World vs World where you would expect stress. If you dont have stress in wvw then pve should be your style. The 3-2-1 at least you have a chance to catch up.. just getting 1 point with the other server is no winning chance unless your server stays awake 24/7 lol

Anet, you're killing WvW

in WvW

kathy.8291

As we all started to notice, Anet does not care about WvW players. They are constantly bringing things to WvW that is horrible and doesnt make sense. I believe more Anet people should be in WvW instead of killing bosses in the HoT maps.

Im so missing the old days of WvW when people are happier just killing and defending instead of siege humping. If you’re a WvW player stick with the other games your playing because this will phase out soon enough. So sad,, Anet please fix this and please stop saying you’re taking a pole because I havent met a WvW person yet who voted on this scoring system.