Are you going to still play WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Since Devon already said they won’t change things unless people stop playing…

+1, not gonna play the game even.

The only question I will ask is, will Devon look at attendance beyond T1 ?

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I was…. just starting to really get back into WvW right before this patch.

I have a very active Gw1 Guild in this. And while they weren’t exactly friendly to every class & build, they did a good job of keeping us all together and AWAY from the mindless Zerging. Infact no one ran a Tag … just to ensure that the covert ops remained covert and that no one was “Coattailing” unless they were also just really observant players who recognized some skill. ….Skill recognizes skill…. Game Recognize Game

I can’t just doomsay at this point with regards to this IOP replacement because I really do not have a full week yet of observations to go off of. But I am very worried. I notice little signs that this awesome guild is already starting to fray because their main End-Game is going through tough times. ..

in WvW

Posted by: Eihder.8961

Eihder.8961

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”—George Santayana

I think that about says it all when it comes to the orb buffs, removed for a reason. Want to make it more balanced? slap it on outmanned, bam done.. how is that hard?

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

I am working towards 250K kills; as such, I will continue to play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Idk why but Anet likes to think adding a little peice of land with an insanely overpowered buff inside would fix all their problems and keep up happy until they actually tend to the true WvW problems if ever. “MOAR DMG” – Anet on every patch ever

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

yes, more enemies to kill out there. ^-^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

It is actually quite cute that people start shouting about this AFTER the patch, when we have known this would be added for more or less a MONTH.
Wouldn’t it be more logical to leave BEFORE the patch in order to send the message that you don’t like the planned patch, rather then leaving after said patch is already in the game?

Why are you such an arenanet fanboy? Everything everybody does that is against Anets policy you try so hard to point out.

People shouted about this before the patch, you told everybody to be quiet and wait and see because we are a minority who cannot predict the effects. Now after the patch where we were right (obviously) you come and complain about how we should have said it sooner? Really? Did you miss the dozens of threads earlier in which you yourself were defending bloodlust and Anet?

I find it very “cute” how much of a fanboy you are.

On a side note I find it amusing how, a screnshot is going around how Devon basically claims that live is “testing”. And then out we go with insane lag when the patch hits, and a flame ram that could be bugged for full damage invulnerability (although that was fixed quite fast). My question is, if you clearly cannot test content on a large scale Anet, why not invite more people to testing? Or why not… have a public test server? So scared at what your playerbase will actually think of you? Well… after all that you have pulled off.. you should be.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

(edited by Jackie.1829)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It is actually quite cute that people start shouting about this AFTER the patch, when we have known this would be added for more or less a MONTH.
Wouldn’t it be more logical to leave BEFORE the patch in order to send the message that you don’t like the planned patch, rather then leaving after said patch is already in the game?

This guy doesn’t see what he doesn’t want to see. The WvW devs are exactly the same. And that’s a large part of the problem.

That plus the fact that all Anet wants to do is move players from WvW to the failed sPvP puts WvW’s future at great jeopardy.

in WvW

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Done with WvW. Thinking about quiting now.

Loosing more of our commanders due to this patch is horrible… especially with your sig. Oh well, the rest of the guild quit anyway…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

ill most likely log on from time to time, probably do the upcoming events if they are worth doing. but bloodlust killed it for me. created a super unbalanced environment. all i do is roam in wvw and when the enemy team gets even 2 orbs its almost impossible to win 1v2s or 1v3s. also i just came by a thief that stacked 25 sigil bloodlust, had 100/10% food, shapenstones, full zerker, and two orbs. i was running my hybrid healway setup on my guard (1k healingpower 40% crit chance 85% crit dmg 3k armor 2.9k attack). that’s was the first time i have been backstabbed for 15k on that setup. i cant remember if i had protection up but seriously this is stupid.

Verdánt

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

You guys need to take a chill pill. Listen to the sax/violin guy.

For all the abuse anet is getting here, I have to give them credit for being lenient.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

The strategy and effective play patterns of WvW are totally different now.

I’m not sure whether or not I’m going to enjoy the new ones. If I do, I’ll keep playing; if I don’t, I won’t be playing it any more.

I don’t play sPvP because I find it neither interesting nor fun. 5 point sPvP with giant teams doesn’t strike me as particularly fun either, but I suppose we will see how dominant it turns out to be.

in WvW

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

They included Tacotaco in the same patch as Bloodlust so the WvWers will be more attracted to PvE than the obviously hilarious mistake that is Bloodlust.

They were successful on that front trolololol. Good job ANet. If I wanted to PvE I would play single-player RPGs.

OT: I’ll play it less. It’s becoming less fun overall.

in WvW

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

I’ll still play. Who cares about a extra 50, 100, or 150 buff? Whether it’s Roaming or PvD I’ll still beat you down as much as I can, whether one wins or lose won’t be based on something as petty as some extra stats.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

When you guys leave WvW, can you leave the forum too please? Thank you!

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

When you guys leave WvW, can you leave the forum too please? Thank you!

^_^ i support this.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

This guy doesn’t see what he doesn’t want to see. The WvW devs are exactly the same. And that’s a large part of the problem.

That plus the fact that all Anet wants to do is move players from WvW to the failed sPvP puts WvW’s future at great jeopardy.

If you look at lordkrall’s other posts, it’s pretty clear he will defend ANet no matter how far their ship sinks into the sea of forgettable MMOs.

People have been absolutely up in arms about the Orb buff for the last month plus. If you have not noticed such, you must have taken a month hiatus.

Ledarius

in WvW

Posted by: Wenissa.2967

Wenissa.2967

Basically stopped playing.

Might play the occasional evening once every two weeks or so, but mostly the fun is gone, so so am I.

in WvW

Posted by: Harmonizer.4210

Harmonizer.4210

Might play the occasional evening once every two weeks or so, but mostly the fun is gone, so so am I.

QFT… GW2’s WvW is unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

QFT… GW2’s WvW is unplayable

You obviously missed WAR, that was UNPLAYABLE this is a dream by comparison.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Killing Is Heroism.8429

Killing Is Heroism.8429

As soon as the update to WvW kicked in NSP lost everything except a tower and maybe a couple supply camps here and there. I think I quit Guild Wars 2 altogether right now. There’s class imbalance and now there’s WvW imbalance and Elementalist is still barely playable…yup…all my favorite stuff is ruined. I’ll check back in sometimes, but for now, this game isn’t fun anymore. This WvW update was the last nail in the coffin.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

I stopped playing, bloodlust and ascended just shows you the direction WvW is going. Wanted to hope they wouldnt take it this way but they are. Cant really complain anymore, they have some weird vision of WvW = PvE and that won’t change.

PPT becomes pointless after a couple months of playing and you realize just how meaningless it is, roaming and smaller fights or picking off zergs is alot of fun and dynamic, yet the skill is being stripped from it all and more and more stat imbalance is being added.

So oh well, ill creep around for a bit on forums because the topics and Anets ability to ignore feedback are fun (hilarious) to read. Ill see if anet will fix it but they won’t given their track record. this is definitely a new Anet

my friends list is empty besides 2 people who just PvE anyway which is kind of funny, used to be around 10-15 WvW only people nightly. obviously doesnt mean no one is on, but it just shows that all the people who just cared about having good fights in WvW havent touched it this week

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

I haven’t played since the introduction of ascended.
It really feels like Anet is PURPOSELY screwing wvw up. I mean cmon how many threads had been brought up about how ascended first and the bl buff later would kill GvG and WvW altogether?
Countless. And they did it anyway. They knew exactly what would have happened.

This game has been a joke for months. But now this was the last straw

So you haven’t played since November and yet you are still hanging around posting more or less daily on the forums?

ascended weapons. I post because I liked the game. And release after release I’d feel always more frustrated and I’d still hope they’d fix something but they just kept screwing up. And since I can’t have my money back after they sold me a waterproof watch the broke after washing my hands the first time I complain on the forums. So maybe they’ll start make watches that are actually waterproof.
I’d see your point if I’d be the only one here complaining about their work, but guess what, there’s hundreds of people doing it. Almost every thread is about how they’re screwing up and fail to meet their customer.
so booyah.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I haven’t played for a few weeks. I’ll continue to be hopeful that things turn around, but it’s difficult to a tangible basis for optimism. Gear becoming outdated, falling behind on WXP, and high economic inflation make it harder to come back after a hiatus too.

I’ve been a GW player since the beta weekends for GW1, and while I certainly have not played continuously 8 years, the breaks have never been longer than 3 or 4 months. There was always something to come back to, some sort of unfinished business or new experience that was actually fun and easy to jump into. There’s little left to do in this game besides get back on the treadmill. It makes me sad that Guild Wars will probably soon be a game spoken in the past tense like all the others, for me anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

I haven’t played since the introduction of ascended.
It really feels like Anet is PURPOSELY screwing wvw up. I mean cmon how many threads had been brought up about how ascended first and the bl buff later would kill GvG and WvW altogether?
Countless. And they did it anyway. They knew exactly what would have happened.

This game has been a joke for months. But now this was the last straw

So you haven’t played since November and yet you are still hanging around posting more or less daily on the forums?

ascended weapons. I post because I liked the game. And release after release I’d feel always more frustrated and I’d still hope they’d fix something but they just kept screwing up. And since I can’t have my money back after they sold me a waterproof watch the broke after washing my hands the first time I complain on the forums. So maybe they’ll start make watches that are actually waterproof.
I’d see your point if I’d be the only one here complaining about their work, but guess what, there’s hundreds of people doing it. Almost every thread is about how they’re screwing up and fail to meet their customer.
so booyah.

His and my later point was related to you saying ‘since ascended not ’since ascended weapons’

We were both questioning why after so long you keep posting… as it is its only been 1 month or so not 10 months as your original post inferred

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

Removes orb due to it being deemed unbalance.

Proceeds to add them back later.

Both SPvP and WPvP for GW2 has been a mess since launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Alrite, back to GW1! xD

in WvW

Posted by: Yippikayay.4073

Yippikayay.4073

They managed to take down the orb system, “work” (brainfart) over it for nearly a year and then relaunch it with all its fairness….only now it comes with some serverwide lag gravey that’s about 2x as bad as a three-way fight in sm…in all maps, during the orbageddon buff reapplying and recalculating the server to hell and back. So my personal to that is, very likely, no. Will be messing around at tequilla and pve until they come to their senses (I wonder). In a month, game is for the pve until I get bored, sure as I’m kitten ed off at all the situation I’ll never spvp hardcore, too much siege/cap to call such a thing PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER.

in WvW

Posted by: Steroid.8317

Steroid.8317

Will I play – No.

Why, answer is complicated but in short GW2 is going in the wrong direction. It was promised no grinding, great war like PvP, look a year latter what is it now.

Steroid Supraz, Norn Warrior
Gatekeepers of Desolation [GoD]

(edited by Steroid.8317)

in WvW

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

The devs have said on many occasions that wvw is not intended to be fair. Is it intended to be quite so unfair though? It’s bad enough being on a low pop server, regularly outnumbered 3-1 but the new buff just punishes us even further. If the intent was to force zerg’s to split up between more points then nice try but reward them with decent loot rather than bonus stats. Kudos for trying something new with wvw but shame about the epic fail. I may dust off the old X360 and take a break while wvw <> fun.

Cmdr Panda Chef (Vabbi)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

While some improvements have been done since release, I think the game was better at release than it is now (WvW wise) – got better with orb removed and solving culling… however, the multiple buffs / power creep than they bring is slowly killing it for me (plus the lag all this seems to bring, since it gets worse every patch).

If stopping playing made any difference to the devs, I would take a holiday from it, but WvW will always have a fresh influx of PvE players – so as long as PvE is healthy, WvW will be populated – no matter how unbalanced, badly thought and silly it may become.

Still enjoying the game, so will play it – but not sure for how long looking the direction of it (and at release I thought I will have game for years with their philosophy advertising and such…)

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in WvW

Posted by: Steroid.8317

Steroid.8317

Fairness is one thing, but let discuss

Coverage>>>>All
This is not about fairness, but having fun, I don’t see the point of throwing efforts which are being neglected when I am offline. There is no sport in the world with 24/7 and even the real wars have a night and day.

The new Bloodlust
It just adds more salt in the already painful wound.

It is not about fairness, it is not fun anymore. And it seems the feeling is not only for me.

Steroid Supraz, Norn Warrior
Gatekeepers of Desolation [GoD]

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I am one of those people if I do not like what I am eating,I will stop eating it.

I do not like the buff if I am smashing the enemy,or being smashed by the enemy.It is cheap and unneeded.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The devs have said on many occasions that wvw is not intended to be fair. Is it intended to be quite so unfair though? It’s bad enough being on a low pop server, regularly outnumbered 3-1 but the new buff just punishes us even further. If the intent was to force zerg’s to split up between more points then nice try but reward them with decent loot rather than bonus stats. Kudos for trying something new with wvw but shame about the epic fail. I may dust off the old X360 and take a break while wvw <> fun.

Cmdr Panda Chef (Vabbi)

I’m your opponent from FoW, I feel quite guilty on taking on vabbi now. We outnumber you guys by so much I often just ask if we can focus on wsr instead. I feelkinda sorry for low population servers like vabbi, and a decline of people playing on vabbi affects me just as much as you

in WvW

Posted by: Gufuu.6384

Gufuu.6384

Honestly I think this current version of the bloodlust buff they are using is pretty dumb and a lazy way to go about it. I don’t think it really promotes any tactical gameplay what-so-ever. I’m not going to quit because of it but I will now have to assume EVERY time i go to WvW that my server will not be having this buff during my play times – we are usually outnumbered. Thank you ANET.

Ranger
Playing since headstart.

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

Less and less GW2 in general for me.

Anet seems intent on trodding the same pvp path Funcom did with Anarchy Online.

The game had multiple modes of pvp including open world duels, group arena pvp, open world binary global faction pvp, Tower Wars (a form of open world territory control) and huge faction vs faction battles over exclusive access to raid style dungeons.

Tower wars was hugely popular and the arena pvp was not.

Funcom gradually developed an obsession with arena pvp, and started trying everything it could to force players into it. They eventually made arena pvp the most practical way to get some of the best gear in the game, which meant if you really liked Tower Wars or raids, put in time in arena pvp was the fastest way to gear up for Tower Wars.

I think Bloodlust is just the beginning of Anet’s efforts to move WvW players into spvp.
I won’t be surprised if they continue adding more spvp like features to WvW and start changing rewards so that spvp becomes the most efficient path to being competitive in WvW.

If Arenanet continues down this kind of path, I am moving on to other games.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Should just change Bloodlust to give something like +200% magic find. Remains incentive for some to cap the spots, but won’t provide an unfair advantage during fights and make smaller worlds even weaker. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

just move to bigger worlds ….

its actually very fun here in T1 NA, reduce some mega zerg.

i love it so far.

oh yea and roaming pre patch was more like chasing runner across the map.

now you can run i won’t even bother chasing anymore…

i’ve been in BG since early start though just in case….

Blackgate

(edited by Punny.9210)

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I hate the bloodlust buff but if the devs are so dead set on it being in there i wish they would change it so each buff only applies to the borderland it’s on. That way a server could get the stomp buff and +50 stats while on THAT specific borderland. This would prevent servers from stacking all three for a massive boost. This would also keep EB untouched by it and more of a neutral fighting grounds….like it was originally designed.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

I think Bloodlust is just the beginning of Anet’s efforts to move WvW players into spvp.
I won’t be surprised if they continue adding more spvp like features to WvW and start changing rewards so that spvp becomes the most efficient path to being competitive in WvW.

If Arenanet continues down this kind of path, I am moving on to other games.

Hmm, if it was possible to get all the money and gear I needed for WvW from playing SPVP rather than PVE then I would be an extremely happy camper.

That would mean I would not have to PVE at all in order to be competetive in WvW
ching ching this would indeed get me SPVPing like a kitten saying YES I am a circle jirk too!!! Hell I would take that all day long over grinding in PVE for gear.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Haven’t logged in since last Friday and don’t intend to in the future unless Anet backtracks on a few additions to the game, And i doubt very much they are going to do that.

in WvW

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

I started this game for WVW, and it’s what I love. I’m not gonna lie, I had slowed down WVW because of horrible server population imbalance. This just pushed me over the edge. Luckily I have had some fun in PVE, but PVE won’t keep me in the game, WVW will. I hope they realize this soon.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

I have played since pre-release.
I simply don’t share Arena Net idea of WvW so I’m out from this moment. This game could have been a masterpiece, if only they could have listened to the community…
Have fun everybody.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Heck yeah I’m going to still play! Season One is happening. Get over it. I’ve voiced my opposition, gave my opinion, gave suggestions. But its happening. So I’m going to go out there and have fun.

I’ve been on SBI from the beginning and I’m actually looking forward to fighting some of our old servermates on JQ, SoR and BG. Let’s get the party started!

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I’ve quit altogether. I agree with Daze. Anet took a great base game and ruined it. WvW is what I signed on for.

Ascended weapons that must be crafted, account bound t7 mats.
Asinine new king of the hill mode with no rewards aka ruins
Bloodlust buff makes fair fights and duels impossible.

but other things that have irked me over time

not being able to mystic forge wvw armor/weps
not being able to salvage wvw items
not being able to test new runes/gear in spvp
not being able to easily acquire karma via wvw

Not to mention letting Ranger just completely fall behind in the WvW meta.

Anet doesn’t care about user satisfaction. That’s common to B2P games though…

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I’ve been on SBI from the beginning and I’m actually looking forward to fighting some of our old servermates on JQ, SoR and BG. Let’s get the party started!

Lol. Remember this post when you have 0 ppt and 0 orbs and eventually 0 people to play with for the rest of the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Liu.4751

Liu.4751

Does anybody know what to do if they were in charge of WvW development. It seems lots of great ideas but too imbalanced if you was to introduce all of them in one sitting like a overloaded recipe of all the great stuff but you just loose the flavour of what it you intended to actually make. ;D
I thought about the changes and how they change wvw player Behaviour they’re pretty intelligent. ( wink wink no one wants to give severs the easy points and the satisfaction of it..)

(edited by Liu.4751)

in WvW

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

@OP Yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I’ve quit altogether. I agree with Daze. Anet took a great base game and ruined it. WvW is what I signed on for.

Ascended weapons that must be crafted, account bound t7 mats.
Asinine new king of the hill mode with no rewards aka ruins
Bloodlust buff makes fair fights and duels impossible.

but other things that have irked me over time

not being able to mystic forge wvw armor/weps
not being able to salvage wvw items
not being able to test new runes/gear in spvp
not being able to easily acquire karma via wvw

Not to mention letting Ranger just completely fall behind in the WvW meta.

Anet doesn’t care about user satisfaction. That’s common to B2P games though…

You need to reassess some of your points. Otherwise if you truly believe all of them i think you are being hyperbolic or maybe we both have had different previous RvR experiences.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

WvW is a joke now. Mostly nothing organized any more. VcY hasn’t even a raid at primetime any more. And to be honest, there is no sense in it. We were 5 people, building an alpha golem and running to garrison. We go to inner, a view of us got wiped. I run up on the ceiling, 2 followed me. I trolled them a bit and was expecting the zerg coming for me. But nothing happened, so I killed 3 people who were in inner, rezzed a mesmer. He ported the the respawned people in and we capped garrison.
This wouldn’t have been possible before the patch.
I mean, the people don’t report any more, they just were watching us capping their home garri.

I think wvw will be splitting up: the servers who are high populated and don’t care about unfair fight. These will have all bls all week and then there are the smaller servers – they will just quit gaming. So on long term, there will be one powerful server and all other servers won’t play wvw any more, means wvw will die.

I guess, I’m quitting wvw as my guildmates mostly did. WvW is not about 1v1 or 5v5. WvW means worlds are fighting against each other. If I want little fight I go sPvP.

Sometimes I believe Anet just doesn’t realize how they are calling stuff.
Same for GuildWars2, what is GW2 without gvg?
GvG was one of the best things in GW, so why didn’t they stick to it?

(edited by Surferboy.1649)