Aura - Supply Capacity (+5) placed last?

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Why was the Supply Capacity Upgrade placed as the last Aura upgrade?
It is probably the most common buff seen in WvW prior to HoT and yet it is locked behind a wall of gold and/or grind and I dont see why it should be the case considering the buff scales better the less people you have.
What I mean by that is a larger WvW group will usually have more than enough supply to build whatever siege they want without the extra +5 supply where as the smaller your group is, the more important the +5 supply becomes.

So my question/suggestion is why is it placed last? It should be the 1st aura that a guild can unlock.
So could the auras be rearranged to place the Supply Capacity +5 buff first?

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

I agree. This is sensible and important. The first Objective Aura is now Magic Find, which is not very important for a small or low-ranked guild, since they could only claim Supply Camps and Towers until Guild Level 22 anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Insult to injury they buffed the amount of supply needed for several siege items. Used to a couple players could build a cheap AC. Now that takes 3 players with full supply WvW levels and 4 players for a sup ac. Same with catas.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The triple-whammy of;

• proliferation of t3 gates,
  • the removal of supply-cheap catapults (i.e. guild catapults which used to cost 25 supply) AND
  • no more +5 supply at camps
    has really hurt small groups.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

The intention of this change was to make small groups taking objectives — nearly — impossible, not completely impossible, right? Besides, we’ve got supply sitting there waiting… just jog your 8 miles uphill in the sand both ways. Those med kits should include O2… I need a breather after those loooooooong runs to and from camps.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I honestly think t3 gates AND auto upgrades seemed a bit overkill. I dunno.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Agreed to OP.

T3 gates i can understand cause ramrush was just cray cray. But fak auto upgrades, having everything on t3 if you leave the map unattended is just bs imo.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not only does it need to be placed early, the guild upgrade system need to change completely so that small guilds can at least reach “camp upgrade” capability fairly easy. “Keep upgrade” capabilities, ok, fine, make that something thats a little costlier and meant for larger guilds. Towers would be somewhere between.

But its a lost cause to hope for anything now.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

The T3 gates are fine, but they are too easy to get….

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The T3 gates are fine, but they are too easy to get….

Yea, that’s what I thought as well. You could have tough gates, but they shouldn’t be easy to get. And if upgrades were that easy, then you shouldn’t have as tough gates.

I really do think if the upgrade process was slower or if Yak denial proved a bigger role, it would be not as bad.

Right now, I am demanding rams get an autoattack, because…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

It’s been suggested already, but doubt they would change it.

The +5 aura being placed at the end of the aura lines is ridiculous, but they did it because they knew how important it is. Now they force players to work through the guildhall upgrades to get it at level 37, otherwise most guilds would just get the +5 and whatever else needed to upgrade to claim keeps(level 22) and be done with upgrading.

WvW upgrades really should have heavily relied on wvw materials for upgrading, like add wvw only materials to upgrade in heavy loot bags or sentries and camp npcs (not wall structured npcs that would turn into a ktrain). Why such a heavy emphasis on pve to upgrade wvw only upgrades? when they admit they want to keep wvw rewards as measly as they are. Don’t even get me started on scribing being a ridiculously expensive part of upgrades now.

They do whatever they can to keep spvp players playing spvp, yet they don’t seem to want to do the same for wvw.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill