Bring back Alpine Borderlands for now

in WvW

Posted by: Humphrey Bear.2698

Humphrey Bear.2698

No one plays Desert Borderlands and no one cares about it so why is it so hard to give back Alpine Borderlands for now before everyone eventually quits ? And then perhaps tweak Alpine Borderlands by like replacing ruins with something else . If it’s not hard bringing back events like Winstersday then why would Alpine Borderlands be an issue bringing back ?

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

People would come back for one hot min max – there’s a lot more wrong than the BL with wvw. So we have to wait and see what the balance patch somewhen after January 26th (possibly June) brings and after that if wvw will get some help by balancing “strategic” elements- I wouldn’t hold my breath.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

They won’t. Because ego. Because Arenanet does no wrong, and it’s hard to come up with a good explanation as to why the Desert Boredomlands failed and being self-congratulatory at the same time.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

all they need is to spend some time fixing what went wrong in the new bl, u guys want old alpine for easy karma train enemy bl???

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

The DBL just needs to get smoothed out. Falling off cliffs is not fun. Getting lost in canyons is not fun. Fighting in chokepoints is not fun. If you basically just crushed the map so all the stupid terrain features that prevent people from actually finding and fighting each other were removed, this would be a good, if not excellent map.

Oh yeah, and get rid of the BS pve laser cannon event.

Osu

in WvW

msalakka.4653

all they need is to spend some time fixing what went wrong in the new bl, u guys want old alpine for easy karma train enemy bl???

Have you actually been to the desert(ed) maps? They are BUILT for k-trains.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Yes bring them back, had like 25+ friends who played WvW hardcore before expansion, now its 2 left. And me + the other guy only play EB.

New maps are boring, big, to many levels and… stormy/sandy/cloudy…. I like grass & water.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Powwownoize.4962

Powwownoize.4962

Just bring back Alpine. Test Desert BL for beta weekends. Or leave it for T1 servers.

It might of been a good concept. But it didn’t work out.

Please remember that we don’t need new WVW maps. Just need lag fixed. We come here for the fights, not the scenery.

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

No one plays Desert Borderlands and no one cares about it so why is it so hard to give back Alpine Borderlands for now before everyone eventually quits ? And then perhaps tweak Alpine Borderlands by like replacing ruins with something else . If it’s not hard bringing back events like Winstersday then why would Alpine Borderlands be an issue bringing back ?

Good idea on the maps. Also roll back as many of the other changes as possible. Then fix the WvW issues that existed before HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Hahahaha YES! Here’s a fix for the population issues. The upper 3 tiers get Desert BL maps (you know, because they require real skill and all that). The tiers from 4 down get Alpine BL maps. THAT is how they can get people to transfer down.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: Humphrey Bear.2698

Humphrey Bear.2698

Hahahaha YES! Here’s a fix for the population issues. The upper 3 tiers get Desert BL maps (you know, because they require real skill and all that). The tiers from 4 down get Alpine BL maps. THAT is how they can get people to transfer down.

Do you think there is enough population for 24 NA and 27 Euro servers to fill 4 maps each ? That’s a total of 96 NA and 108 Euro instances players can enter … Go figure .

(edited by Humphrey Bear.2698)

in WvW

msalakka.4653

Not only would I come back to the game, I’d transfer to be back on Alpine.

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

You are a genius!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I still believe players would gravitate toward and want to spend more time on maps with a pleasurable theme. A desert map didn’t sound appealing from the get go. Heck, it came out with the expansion, so why wasn’t the new maps a jungle theme or Auric Basin like? I never understood why they chose a desert theme to begin with.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Map just needs some work. But they don’t have the resources for WvW. It’s not some ego or never look back, they simply have abandoned WvW design for the time being.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Map just needs some work. But they don’t have the resources for WvW. It’s not some ego or never look back, they simply have abandoned WvW design for the time being.

You say that like it’s only natural that they have neglected WvW since the beginning. It should be the game’s major selling point and major end-game content. A-Net doesn’t understand its own market.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

If Anet and Guild Wars employees actually played WvW, we’d see changes, but they do not.

Ergo, no changes not related to a *non-dedicated WvW “team” that doesn’t exist*.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: uNiTyOfOpPoSiTe.5784

uNiTyOfOpPoSiTe.5784

I was really enjoying wvw before HoT. I am trying to work out what I am not liking about the new setup. I think it is just a series of feelings about it really.

Overall I really think that the GW2 battle setup is superb. Combining skills and positional play is excellent. You can tell that it has been thought about. That someone had really thought the system through. There are bugs in every piece of software so you expect some of that. Well I do. But the new map does not seem to fit the existing eloquence of the GW battle system.

The best way I can describe the new wvw BL desert map is that it feels like unpaid work when playing on it.

I feel like even though I have left PvE behind I am still doing jumping puzzles and PvE bosses even though I am in wvw.

I feel like a rat trapped in a maze undergoing an experiment.

It is just less fun. So when I login that is my basic expectation for the game.

I didn’t expect the changes to the BL map as alpine did not seem broken to begin with. Maybe it was in some way?

So there is no data here. Just feelings probably compared against the fact I was quite happy with the simple layout that went before. It did seem to enable the various enemy groups to find and combat each other. So concentrate on the armies rather than the more complex terrain.

That is the best I can come up with. I can see why people who grind, another pve related term, may like the new map. So having tried a number of times now. I will keep trying I guess.

I am not a good enough player to comment on the other wvw changes. They do not seem too bad now that anet have fixed various NPC bugs and weapons hitting you through walls.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Great idea. Perhaps replace the fail ruins with a big lake that has an island in the middle. Perhaps put some krait on that island. Maybe some small PvE event there as well? Something to do with Quaggans might be good?

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

Just bring back Alpine. Test Desert BL for beta weekends. Or leave it for T1 servers.

Please remember that we don’t need new WVW maps. Just need lag fixed. We come here for the fights, not the scenery.

Shouldn’t desert bl fit them lower tiers? It’s built for roaming.

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It is horrible for roaming. Most of the time is looking around and not seeing any players.

Alpine borderlands was a much more fun map. I’d like to see it come back.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

The new borderland map it’s a huge maze, mostly long one way routes with no alternatives, horrible gimmicks such as those fitting in PvE dungeons: push back, jumping and pathing puzzles, useless map view to navigate, environment that slows down or prevents movement… just nightmare, nothing fun, nothing at all.

Everytime my team ports there… I just leave. Still spending some time in EB, mostly because the memories of the past battles. Now even those are broken: imbalanced new skills, stability vs CC resulting in ranged nuking, pay to win banners and other impossible to describe features brought in by the new PvE based grind guild features. Even EB is horrible now.

Not even mention that winning a WvW week is now solely based on who avoids PvP fights better, making PPT irrelevant completely. This is no longer a RvR game, nothing left here to give meaning to care for your team; except the memories in your own heart, if you have any, towards the people that onced played here…

It is our fault though… never fall in love with a person who doesn’t care about you. The time is near for the “so long and thanks for all the fish”. Was fun, so much fun though, but only the fightsthe people… these two together

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Ringo.3406

Ringo.3406

Bring back Alpine BL, I’m fed up to wait for a new update.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Please mention your server when making statements that seem to include everyone in the game. I’m on Ehmry Bay, and I can tell you that GoM and NSP are EXTREMELY active on our desert borderland, and we on theirs. We’ve had some great fights over the oasis (like last night where we lost by one core), some great defending of our Undercroft by our enemies, making it difficult but fun for us to take it back. Once you get used to the map its as easy to navigate as Alpine was. Getting used to it is the thing- and some of you don’t want to take the time to do that. That’s not Anet’s fault, that’s your fault.

What ABSOLUTELY IS ANET’S FAULT is the stuff that’s killing the WvW game. As Aeowia.7214 mentions above, “imbalanced new skills, stability vs CC resulting in ranged nuking, pay to win banners and other impossible to describe features brought in by the new PvE based grind guild features.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Built for roaming, lol…

Desert border is built around the oasis event, which is a glorified PvE gathering quest. Ironically, the only way to counter it is by a huge amount of PvE grinding and gold, in order to make guildhall and use tactics on keeps thats being shelled (fortification).

So no, its not built for roaming. Its built for PvE.

in WvW

msalakka.4653

Watching old videos of people playing WvW is more fun than actually playing it myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Please mention your server when making statements that seem to include everyone in the game. I’m on Ehmry Bay, and I can tell you that GoM and NSP are EXTREMELY active on our desert borderland, and we on theirs. We’ve had some great fights over the oasis (like last night where we lost by one core), some great defending of our Undercroft by our enemies, making it difficult but fun for us to take it back. Once you get used to the map its as easy to navigate as Alpine was. Getting used to it is the thing- and some of you don’t want to take the time to do that. That’s not Anet’s fault, that’s your fault.

What you don’t seem to get is that people don’t enjoy the map. Why get used to it if you don’t enjoy it? This isn’t a job. People are here for fun. The map is not fun. And it’s Anet who is in charge of making it fun. So yes, it is indeed Anet’s fault.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Given the amount of players that still play wvw:

Drop all borderlands vom WvW, just keep EB.

Maybe put old and new BL maps under EotM-mode

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

I was under the impression, at HoT launch, that the desert and alpine borderlands were to be rotated. Maybe that was just in my own head, I don’t know. But I fail to see why Anet don’t immediately bring back alpine borderlands to at least ease some of the critics. Or at least rotate them every other week.

WvW in alpine borders was fun. Easy to move around, lots of fights and open areas that made it easy for guilds to fight and ppl to scout towers. I cant even think of how many hours I’ve spent scouting at south Bay. Running to camps and back to ensure that supplies came in. Now, all that is gone and instead we have a bunch of worthless pve mechanics.

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

What you don’t seem to get is that people don’t enjoy the map. Why get used to it if you don’t enjoy it? This isn’t a job. People are here for fun. The map is not fun. And it’s Anet who is in charge of making it fun. So yes, it is indeed Anet’s fault.

People from YOUR server maybe, but read my post again. “I’m on Ehmry Bay, and I can tell you that GoM and NSP are EXTREMELY active on our desert borderland, and we on theirs.”

So what server are you on?

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

Maybe put old and new BL maps under EotM-mode

I’m firmly of the belief that this is the “massive WvW update” that Anet is talking about; megaserver coming to WvW, no more server vs server. Borderlands and EBG.

If this happens, I’m pretty sure I’ll follow my guild leader and uninstall. And no, you can’t have my stuff because it’s all account and soulbound. Except the gold, and I know who I’ll give that to already.