Bring back the old borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Mordimer.6470

Mordimer.6470

WvW is the only aspect of the game I’ve played. Hot is not something I waited for. Pve simply does not interest me. That is why I am very disappointed with the new WvW maps. OK The looks amazing, so what? You have done another Eotm. Its like You dont understand your own game. Since release GW2 I played almost every day. Now there is no point. Bring back the old borderlands.Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Yes I agree bring back old bolderlands and switch EB map to desert map instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Yes I agree bring back old bolderlands and switch EB map to desert map instead.

Agreed but tone down the pve gimicks first

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Roaming is so much fun in the new maps. It feels like I’m on an epic journey to find my long lost brother.

It takes SO long to find people to fight in these new maps, we actually cheer and hug each other instead of fighting now. Overall I like this pacifistic approach. Clearly new maps are to make friends with other servers now

Love thy neighbour <3

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

no i like eb! switch the new map for eotm!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I like the new map, I also like the old map

Instead of removing maps, remove the HOME BL system, so we can run different maps instead of 3 identical.

* EBG
* Alpine
* Desert
* <optional>

more variety, people could go to the maps they liked the best, that suited their play-style the best, and less whining about hate this and that.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Roaming is so much fun in the new maps. It feels like I’m on an epic journey to find my long lost brother.

It takes SO long to find people to fight in these new maps, we actually cheer and hug each other instead of fighting now. Overall I like this pacifistic approach. Clearly new maps are to make friends with other servers now

Love thy neighbour <3

Hahaha! I know right! The other day, I was roaming around and after like 15 minutes finally saw an enemy player… and I was SOOooo GLAD to see him!

I was like waving…

“Hey, brother! Hold up!”

Then I thought… “Oh yeah, I need to kill this guy” :-/
And I said to myself, “Come back here so I can put this axe between your eyes!”

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Bring back the old BL and either trash this new map.

Better yet, make it a HoT-exclusive PvE map; announce “exciting new PvE map, only for HoT players! Buy your copy of HoT now!” so that all the fanboys can pleasure themselves while thinking about how much Anet loves them.

in WvW

Posted by: Kusaku.9056

Kusaku.9056

I would like it if every wvw map was different.. so green could have a forest map, red could be desert and blue could be the old bl map.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

I would like it if every wvw map was different.. so green could have a forest map, red could be desert and blue could be the old bl map.

This actually sounds pretty neat…

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I like this, but to take it one step further, I wish each map also could have different play-styles, and let people enjoy different things. Instead of all being based around the same aspect that the current maps do. (fighting over objectives for ppt, upgrading for defense etc).

Would like to see some maps that actively encourage and reward you for small group/solo roaming where going more than 5 might be inefficient. Some sort of huge multiple arenas where you as groups have to fight against others to gain points for your realm, to reward fighting guilds etc. Or even some map where players compete indirectly without actual PvP for bonuses and points to the world, that would help ease non PvP players into the game-mode.

Unfortunately this doesn’t work all that well with the Home BL system, since that encourages identical/fair maps. But the way people fight over EBG I’ve always considered EBG corner of your color to be as much of a “home” as the home BL anyways.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

I think new map is awesome. There are enough spots for scrim and yes we all have to find places again, but I think the majority of players will find their ways in no time.

Play more in the bl and learn the paths and stop complaining.

Piken Square

in WvW

Puck.9612

I think new map is awesome. There are enough spots for scrim and yes we all have to find places again, but I think the majority of players will find their ways in no time.

It’s not about getting to know the map, it’s the trash mechanics that are ruining it. No WP at T3 and free upgrades means people don’t care about defending. My guild shouldn’t have been able to take every single bl keep during primetime without a single fight.
The barricades ( that zergs Knock down in seconds), the lack of WP’s, and not needing supply for upgrades kills peoples incentive for roaming. Not to mention it takes an hour to solo a tower now because they nerfed G catas, +5, and everything is fortified.

All the PvE gimmicks around the keeps ruin any fighting you could have in those areas. Even the stupid dino skyhammer event just helps the biggest group on the map steamroll everything faster.

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

It’s not about getting to know the map, it’s the trash mechanics that are ruining it. No WP at T3 and free upgrades means people don’t care about defending. My guild shouldn’t have been able to take every single bl keep during primetime without a single fight.
The barricades ( that zergs Knock down in seconds), the lack of WP’s, and not needing supply for upgrades kills peoples incentive for roaming. Not to mention it takes an hour to solo a tower now because they nerfed G catas, +5, and everything is fortified.

All the PvE gimmicks around the keeps ruin any fighting you could have in those areas. Even the stupid dino skyhammer event just helps the biggest group on the map steamroll everything faster.

Well yeah, there are things like you mention. And to add, gliding too (love gliding). I also think there could be less blobbing at certain points.

Some stuff should be fixed or changed, but change back to the old border? Please no.

Piken Square

in WvW

Puck.9612

Well yeah, there are things like you mention. And to add, gliding too (love gliding). I also think there could be less blobbing at certain points.

Some stuff should be fixed or changed, but change back to the old border? Please no.

The current map is too large to have 3 copies of it. It needs a small rework and it should be put in a rotation with EB. Bring back the alpine (minus all the random animal npc’s) for roaming and skirmishing.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Yes please bring the old back.. now we all just play EB.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: ironcore.6839

ironcore.6839

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ bring back old maps. these new ones are god awful.

in WvW

Posted by: jdallen.5179

jdallen.5179

I’m disappointed the new maps aren’t more popular. I also have to confess that the new Maguuma maps have been taking up all but a little of my time.

When on WvW, I do agree – the maps other than EB are quite dead – pretty much bait for zergs looking to fill out their dailies. – and players seem to dislike them a lot more than I would expect than would be typical for plain resistance to change. It implies that there are changes which need to be made to bring players back to them.

I have some suggestions.

1) reduce their size – even tightening up 10-15% would make a huge difference

2) eliminate the center of zone cannon. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone using it. It is a practical impossibility to activate unless you have a large group of players, in which case, just go take the keeps/towers. Right now, it just creates a large dead zone in the middle of the map where people rarely go.

3) Ruins?! Bring them back or provide a different WvW daily please.

4) Consider bringing Maguuma gliding to the desert borderlands. THAT by itself could significantly increase the rate of travel, and open up pretty cool tactical ideas. Death from Above anyone? Using an entire zerg? THAT could be way cool… Aerial Stealth assault commando teams? I’m digging these ideas.

Yah, people might be able to glide into keeps etc… anti-flyer shield generators on walls? Anti-glider NPC’s? Lots of possible options.

5) Improve/make it easier to get the buffs available from shrines. Place no duration on them but just clear them each tick.

More to come later, but this seemed a good start.