CVT gear

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Ok I know nothing will get changed but why does this condition/vitality/toughness gear exist? It seems like when you put it on a necro or any condition class that it gives the user the best of both worlds (toughness/damage) with no sacrifice to either in return not too mention there is no stat yet yet like toughness that negates condition damage at all or resistance other than -40% from food, but generally the person using the CVT gear has +40% which is just cancelling each other out.

Thought I’d pick up my necro (that I have never won a 1v1 on before) and get some of this gear to see how strong it really is, I have been winning 1v3’s all day and it’s silly.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Are you against PTV/VPT too?

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Are you against PTV/VPT too?

Power damage scales with precision and crit damage, condition damage scales only with condition duration, which is not an armor stat. So, dire gear allows a person to deal a great deal of damage while still being tanky, whereas soldier gear only allows for a moderate or low amount of damage while being tanky.

It’s really only an issue in duels or very small scale roaming, though, which anet obviously doesn’t care about (see: perplexity runes)

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

it’s not an issue in those situations either.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

it’s not an issue in those situations either.

I don’t think it’s very important, but it lets full condition builds get rid of some of their precision from rabid gear and exchange it for some extra health if they want.

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

I agree with this 100%. CVT gear is just mad tbh. It is not a huge issue but lets be honest here….I could run this gear on my confusion mesmer, be tank as hell and put out 3k+ ticks of confusion. If I wanted equal damage from a power based build I would need to drop tankiness for crit dmg/chance. This is why condition builds are kitten .

Edit: I am a firm believer that if you are tank, you are just that, a tank and should deal limited damage regardless of its source.

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Heh. Funny thing about Dire EQ(C/V/T). It’s nowhere near as OP as folk seem to think on most classes. Mesmer’s main controllable conditions are Bleed/Confusion. Heavy Dire drops the amount of Bleed you toss around. And, Confusion’s only regained some of its potential due to Perplexity Runes. Necro has a similar issue, but fortunately can toss more Conditions, overall.
Basically, any class who uses Precision to apply Condition “X” on crit gives up a lot of that ability to use Dire gear. I’d have to say, the main class I can see wrecking face with it while tanking would -surprisingly enough- be Ranger. A good deal of their condi-options don’t tie in with Precision.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Heh. Funny thing about Dire EQ(C/V/T). It’s nowhere near as OP as folk seem to think on most classes. Mesmer’s main controllable conditions are Bleed/Confusion. Heavy Dire drops the amount of Bleed you toss around. And, Confusion’s only regained some of its potential due to Perplexity Runes. Necro has a similar issue, but fortunately can toss more Conditions, overall.
Basically, any class who uses Precision to apply Condition “X” on crit gives up a lot of that ability to use Dire gear. I’d have to say, the main class I can see wrecking face with it while tanking would -surprisingly enough- be Ranger. A good deal of their condi-options don’t tie in with Precision.

Rangers give up a lot of sustain by not taking healing power, though.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Thought I’d pick up my necro (that I have never won a 1v1 on before) and get some of this gear to see how strong it really is, I have been winning 1v3’s all day and it’s silly.

Thanks for the laughs.

[AoN] All or Nothing

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

CVT is very powerful in solo roaming, but the lack of power and precision shows in a group battle.

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Yes it’s OP, but provide a situational benefit, similar to Perplexity Runes. As such, I doubt either will be changed to be honest.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

This discussion probably wouldn’t even happen if we had more reliable forms of condition removal.

Exhibit A: price of Sigils of Generosity

As an ele, my best form of condition removal was nerfed to oblivion months ago.

CVT gear

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

To have a chance against stun warriors.