Can't play WvW

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: John Duca.5890

John Duca.5890

Hello. I bought gw2 2-3 weeks ago , now I’m a lvl 80 guardian and enjoyed the game (dungeons , spvp etc) on highest settings without any lag.
After that , I decided to try WvW but the problem is the lag , the gigantic lag when 2 servers clash (zergs?) .
My pc specs : I3 3.5 ghz, gtx 660 2gb , 4 gb Ram , 1 TB (7500 rpm)
As their recommended system specs, I am way over them , so what’s the problem with lag? o.o

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

your pc is fine except ram if you are using win 7/8/8.1 64 bit ( 6gb ram for gaming pc in 64bit Win OS ) , and i am sure your settings are not too optimized for wvw play …..

in my thread post about lag in wvw : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/7-years-old-PC-without-LAG-in-WWW-1080p/first#post2636642 , i explain how with a 7 years old pc i can play without a single lag spike in wvw zerg fights ….

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I would get more ram. The rest is fine.

[HUE]

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

‘On highest settings’ is the problem. Also try adjusting the wvw model number and quality settings on the client.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

‘On highest settings’ is the problem. Also try adjusting the wvw model number and quality settings on the client.

What Chaba said, lower your settings and you’ll be fine

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

another suggestion – make sure other applications are not running in the background. For me overwolf, itunes, email, etc. can be especially crippling to a good wvw zerg fight. just my 2 cents though – i would never in a million years claim to be a computer guru.

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

I have 12 GB ram and I still get lag when to 50+ zergs go at it. You gotta have a god status PC to not get a lil lag.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Do not listen to others here talking about RAM and the like, the problem with your system for zergs is the CPU, the i3 line is a dual core and are lower end, this game if very CPU dependent, and even people with highly overclocked i7s get lag in large zerg clashes.

Lower the WvW character limit down, turn off reflections and shadows, these are three of the biggest frame rate killers.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Some of the answers here miss the possibility that he’s using 32 bit Windows. If so, Win32 inherently ties up enough ram for itself that there is less than 2 gig left for apps … and that will kill GW2. There is a setting you can change to prevent Win32 from being so greedy, and it works (I used it before I upgraded to Win64 and more ram) … but that mod can hang you up if you try to run anything else in the background.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I would get more ram. The rest is fine.

Not necessarily. He can stuff as much ram as he wants in that box and it won’t make any difference at all if he’s running Win32.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

WvW at the highest settings is very taxing for a lot of PCs. I play PvE, SPvP and WvW. On a full zerging WvW map my cpu temps are +10-15 °C higher than anywhere else in the game, and on occasions the game would crash (only in WvW).

However, you have to account for the fact that the lag can also be server side. Ask other people in map chat if they are having the same issue, if not then it is your PC or internet speed. Some of the server side issues seem to have been sorted out, there were times (not too long ago) when whole fighting zergs couldn’t fire there skills off with the exception of the autoattack.

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: John Duca.5890

John Duca.5890

Thanks for the info guys. I will try using a gamebooster in order to stop useless programs running when i play gw2.
PS: I have win 7 64 bits (I saw someone asking about it)

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Like Tink said the problem is your processor. You just gotta turn settings down in WvW, that’s the only solution.

(Unless you want to try Reborn’s sound solution. I’ve always wondered if the sound was what caused issues. My game just recently started crashing and sound does linger like he said. I’m going to try the -nosound option to test. But I don’t think I feel like going to the extent of getting an external sound card. If GW2 is so badly optimized that sound causes the issue then its not worth playing if you have to jump through so many hoops)

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

My friend had a same problem. 4G RAM with an old 32bit Win. His Win only used 3 out of the 4 giga, keeping 2 for itself. Changing to 64bit and throwing a handful of RAM modules inside did the work.

(I have no knowledge about computers so don’t call me names please :P)

#I no words have"

Can't play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Thanks for the info guys. I will try using a gamebooster in order to stop useless programs running when i play gw2.
PS: I have win 7 64 bits (I saw someone asking about it)

better ,add more RAM … you need more ram for win 7 64bit . gamebooster and all utilities that change the registry have a risk of damaged operating system .

Like Tink said the problem is your processor. You just gotta turn settings down in WvW, that’s the only solution.

(Unless you want to try Reborn’s sound solution. I’ve always wondered if the sound was what caused issues. My game just recently started crashing and sound does linger like he said. I’m going to try the -nosound option to test. But I don’t think I feel like going to the extent of getting an external sound card. If GW2 is so badly optimized that sound causes the issue then its not worth playing if you have to jump through so many hoops)

i never said that the sound coding was bad , but it is not so good optimized when someone enters wvw . when i did my analysis i used some tools like process explorer and lasso to find how many inner threads opens the gw2 executable for sound card and i found they are way too many and that they are not changed at all between pve and wvw.

all knows that the mmos need good cpu , and if someone find a way to lower the computation requirements of cpu then the cpu performs better , because it will have lower computations to complete in the same time. this what -nosound doing. it lowers the total computation requirements ( disables all computations for in-game sounds ) and the cpu performs better .

i have a friend that plays with a i3 cpu ( but with 6 gb ram in win 7 64 bit ) and he is now using all the time the -nosound option in wvw because he never had again lag or lag spike in zerg fights .

(edited by Reborn.2934)