Can we get free xfers?

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Since the game seems to be on its way out…and the bottom 2 or 3 servers can barely field 20 players for all of wvw…..

Can we get free transfers from these dead servers?

Oh and your game is really terrific…don’t want to be banned again…
Really doing a FABULOUS job…not my fault the majority does not agree with me and have left.
Keep up the good work.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Four of my friends have recently transferred from Fissure of Woe to higher tier servers because there weren’t many good fights around. I personally do not have the stomach to grind 300+ gold just for a simple transfer, nor do I feel like paying $20 for a transfer because that feels like a rip-off. I’d rather quit than do that to be honest.

Any suggestions for a desperate WvW player who likes WvW but can’t play it because his server is not populated enough? Free transfers: I am all for that. Only reason to transfer is WvW anyways.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

There was approx a 60-70 man blob in t8 last reset.

Ev
[SQD]

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

They should just open up the new BL’s on top of the old alpine ones, up the player count, then put all the servers in one fight.

Metrics like population density, measure of prime time coverage, and the total score at the end of the week/placement can be sampled and determine which servers get paired with others for consistent and fair fights. Toss away the glicko system and just take new measurements each week to re-balance the matchups.

This still puts extra emphasis on server loyalty, as guilds are unlikely to disperse into other servers (as then guild allies would be fighting each other if they got matched up), and gives a reason to transfer, still, but doesn’t create an un-fun atmosphere and cause mass groups of players to lose interest in the format/GW2 as a whole if their server faces an exodus as many do.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Four of my friends have recently transferred from Fissure of Woe to higher tier servers because there weren’t many good fights around. I personally do not have the stomach to grind 300+ gold just for a simple transfer, nor do I feel like paying $20 for a transfer because that feels like a rip-off. I’d rather quit than do that to be honest.

Any suggestions for a desperate WvW player who likes WvW but can’t play it because his server is not populated enough? Free transfers: I am all for that. Only reason to transfer is WvW anyways.

The only thing you can do is either wait for Anet to fix the population issues (not advisable since it will likely never come, and even if it does, it will probably take at least a few more years until something is done), or transfer.
I suggest transfering because there’s really nothing else you can do at the moment.

I feel sorry for all the new players who are unfortunate enough to join the bottom 2-3 servers as they will later be forced to transfer to another server or just quit the game and probably never return.

I find it funny that the devs always have these events where they join players in Gold and Silver tier servers and play with them, but they never come to the bronze league servers, I wonder why…

(edited by Davey.7029)

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

If your truly desperate the only other way is deleting all your toons to get a free transfer, I would say just suck it up and grind the gold its not that hard do some dungeons and a little farming and sell stuff not complicated

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Haha, so my options are still quit or grind. Yay. :P Guess I’ll need to go play PvE for some weeks. >.<

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Free transfer is just going to kill these severs quicker. I dont get why there is no loyalty for staying with one server or some effect besides costing money for moving. You could not just change factions in GW1 without there being a cost. Sad that often WVW is just about numbers and not quality of game play

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

The only thing Anet can do to alleviate the problem is to merge the lower populated servers. They cannot force people to leave higher tiers to enter the lower tiers, and if they tried there would be a huge exodus. The most vocal on the lower tier servers are adamantly opposed to server merges. Anet cannot pull players out of their butts to populate the lower tiers.

This is the same problem that exists in every RvR-type game. Population imbalance is a bear to fight, but it’s not possible to change without the players themselves being willing to change.

If your game experience is not what you want/expect then you do have choices. You can try to change it within your server community, you can grind the gold/spend the cash to move, or you can stop playing.

Anet will not give you free transfers up tiers. They should give free transfers down tiers however.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

The only thing Anet can do to alleviate the problem is to merge the lower populated servers. They cannot force people to leave higher tiers to enter the lower tiers, and if they tried there would be a huge exodus. The most vocal on the lower tier servers are adamantly opposed to server merges. Anet cannot pull players out of their butts to populate the lower tiers.

It’s because merging would destroy communities, the same reason all the other server communities don’t want it. The typical argument I’ve seen is
Upper Tiers: Merge the lower tiers, they are dead anyways and would welcome more people, BUT DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH MY SERVER.
(nearly that same line was said by a t1 player in one of the discussions a Dev started around 8 months ago or so)
Lower Tiers: split the upper tiers because they are stacked anyways, BUT DON’T TOUCH MY SERVER!
Of course even that suggestion would severely affect the lower tiers regardless because where else would those people go after being split? >.>

Boils down to not everyone likes huge blob fights where even great computers have you only pressing 1 and hoping you live.

This is the same problem that exists in every RvR-type game. Population imbalance is a bear to fight, but it’s not possible to change without the players themselves being willing to change.

Unfortunately this is a fact few understand, and it’s made worse with arguments like “Don’t go below T4 because WvW is completely dead there 24/7” when it isn’t even true. Oh ‘dead’ to him because it’s not 50v50 clashing constantly during his play time.

Anet will not give you free transfers up tiers. They should give free transfers down tiers however.

That again can be disruptive to communities that don’t want the sudden influx of a lot of people (tends to still encourage a sort of bandwagon effect too, to the ‘free server most likely to move up a lot’. Of course this happens without Anet even opening up free transfers and has the expected result on the existing community when some don’t want to integrate and may want to replace instead…

If your game experience is not what you want/expect then you do have choices. You can try to change it within your server community, you can grind the gold/spend the cash to move, or you can stop playing.

Moved out of order to address last, but that is about the heart of it though. Ideally if you like your community you would work with them to change things. I can guarantee there are people on every server, but they have been discouraged from even going in WvW I think. They play other game modes instead. I also think I know what server you are on, and I have talked to someone there, and seems to be more than 20 people in all of wvw, but perhaps the hours you play are more ‘offhours’. It becomes a feedback cycle though, a self-perpetuating system. Ironically, I’ve seen situations before where 20 people in the course of 10 mins would go into a map, ask if there was a zerg, say the server is dead, then leave. If those 20 people had waited, they’d have had an appropriate ‘zerg’ to start taking things, and then later more would join, but instead every single one said ‘dead server’ and left WvW. And that was when my server had lost a lot of it’s WvW presence at that time due to transfers off, but it was far from dead as proven later when no one moved in but everyone started playing in it again.

I don’t know your specific situation since again time on has a big affect in the lower tiers, but that doesn’t make it ‘dead’ although ‘dead to you’ since it isn’t what you want it to be. I wish more people made that distinction, it would be a small and probably worthless start, but perhaps a start nonetheless to changing mindsets about anything below T4.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Free transfer is just going to kill these severs quicker…

As a bronze server, good. Maybe it’ll convince Anet to do something.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Free transfer is just going to kill these severs quicker…

Maybe it’ll convince Anet to do something.

And this is exactly why they won’t enable free transfers.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

The real issue is a server can have a a huge population but that doesn’t mean it has a solid WvW player population. The dynamic of server battles just isn’t working with the mega server. In the mean time WvW players are being milked for profit if they want to transfer…

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Journal Entry of a SEA/EU player in T8:

Log in, see no one, go SW. getting bored in SW now back wvw roam for 30 mins and finally see some enemies, 1-5 of them, they’re the same faces I see everyday in the same matchups. I will have better luck finding the lochness monster. Gonna be moving out of T8 soon.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

they should close the last three server and give the players there free transfers =X

anyway, there isnt enough population to spread among 24 servers.
i doubt the expansion hype will do much to the population, months after expansion, it will juz return back to as it was before. having lesser servers is actually a more sustainable solution. im still voting for deleting all servers and create new servers.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

If you’re considering deleting all your toons to transfer. And if you’re going to buy HoT.

Then instead just use the free core game that comes with HoT to join a higher tier server and keep your old account on your old server.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

If you’re considering deleting all your toons to transfer. And if you’re going to buy HoT.

Then instead just use the free core game that comes with HoT to join a higher tier server and keep your old account on your old server.

Actually a good idea.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I suggest making new friends, or follow your option of quitting.

If you would rather quit, then spend a few gold, or drop the pocket change, then you have a very odd definition of the term “friend” from most folks I know.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

went from Fissure of Woe to some t1 server not long ago.

is the difference huge? yes t1 server work together like bosses etc etc.
was it fun? not at all unless u enjoy running in a blob of people where Blob A runs into Blob B spam all skills turn around and repeat till 1 of the 2 Blobs have no players left.
then go ahead join T1 server.

now im aware my class (thief) is terrible for this PvP, i just started to miss FoE more and more.
then again when i returned to FoE i instantly missed how this T1 server was working together, where in FoE no1 really works together like that.

FoE is PvE server it has tons and tons of people but none of them is willing to go WvW.
yes i would like to transfer again but never again to a T1 server its horrible apart from watching how whole server can work together everything else was horrible

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Actually a good idea.

Only problem I can see is buyers remorse. Gotta be sure you want to start from scratch. All your old beloved toons will not be able to do HoT stuff.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

True, there is life on ET during EST Primetime, but other than that, it can be pretty dead. Soloing Camps, Towers and Keeps can get old, so now I pretty much only play ET in the few hour primetime window, which provides me more time to find other activities to get involved in outside of GW2 = the game is losing it’s hook.

I have always been against the idea of forcing people to switch servers, but the T8 servers, especially ET, can get so dead that offering free transfers not only seems like the right thing to do, but may also save ANET from losing players out of frustration.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Main issues imo is this the cost is dependent on server size and not WvW tiers. Otherwise free transfers to the lowest tiers might be viable. Instead it cost 20 usd to transfer down to Devona’s Rest for whatever reason I will never know.

Devona’s Rest

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

If you would rather quit, then spend a few gold, or drop the pocket change, then you have a very odd definition of the term “friend” from most folks I know.

wow $20 is pocket change for you?

[SA]

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Dano.5298

True, there is life on ET during EST Primetime, but other than that, it can be pretty dead. Soloing Camps, Towers and Keeps can get old, so now I pretty much only play ET in the few hour primetime window, which provides me more time to find other activities to get involved in outside of GW2 = the game is losing it’s hook.

I have always been against the idea of forcing people to switch servers, but the T8 servers, especially ET, can get so dead that offering free transfers not only seems like the right thing to do, but may also save ANET from losing players out of frustration.

I was more responding to the OP saying the higher tier servers should get free transfers from the bottom dead tier servers. Or do you mean that the bottom servers should be forced to transfer up?

Ev
[SQD]

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

wow $20 is pocket change for you?

Absolutely. $20 is nothing considering the hundreds of hours with my friends.

if your friends are not worth $20, then in my opinion, they are not friends at all.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I wonder if they offered a free, one-time, transfer up one tier to the server of your choice how many players in T8 would take it? Also would those that chose to stay continue complaining of how dead T8 servers are?

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Would be nice if ANet could do some propper house cleaning and get their population totals based of WvW and nothing else. Considering there’s no other functional use for the population numbers.

With accurate numbers, perhaps we’ll see more people consider a lower tier server over tier1 and tier2 all day everyday.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Would be nice if ANet could do some propper house cleaning and get their population totals based of WvW and nothing else. Considering there’s no other functional use for the population numbers.

With accurate numbers, perhaps we’ll see more people consider a lower tier server over tier1 and tier2 all day everyday.

Problem is then how to base it. Some go in daily, some go in every few days, some once a week, etc. Of course this has been discussed before and still didn’t get anywhere. Whether Anet has discussed it or not, they should come to the same questions and concerns on how to address it, because everyone on a server, even if up to now they have only done PvE, could go in WvW at any time, and they should have that ability. There aren’t that many that are strictly WvW only after all…

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

@the Server Loyalty idea:

I think I am one of the only chumps left on ET, rounding out the 10 total (2 of which are even in this thread) players remaining. Server loyalty? Server loyalty means watching all the guilds come, recruit everybody, and then transfer. 3 years in a row. Server loyalty means that my WvW playtime has been met with fewer bags, less karma, less gold, and more expenses than any other tier. Server loyalty is logging on and waiting/searching for teammates 6 days of the week.

Server loyalty has roasted my butt so badly that I’m scouring every bit of info on the expansion in the desperate hope that somewhere, something is hidden inside about changes to this garbage server matchup system.

It was cool the be the hardcore server for a while, it was hilarious to see the bottoming out after every season, but it is purely crushing to still be in the same kitten spot after all this time. Server loyalty is the biggest joke in this game; all it has brought me is trouble, and everybody without it is rolling in bags.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’ve transferred 7 times to ensure that I am in a tier that suits my fighting style. If you want to play a different style and want to transfer to a different tier, then just do it. The game is far from dead in the top 4 tiers.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Telly.4962

I was more responding to the OP saying the higher tier servers should get free transfers from the bottom dead tier servers. Or do you mean that the bottom servers should be forced to transfer up?

No, nobody should be forced to adapt to the playing styles of others, options are good in gaming. On the flip side, nobody should be forced to play on a "dead’ server if they can’t afford, or unwilling, to pay for a transfer. So let the T8 servers remain, some like to play in a non zerging environment, but offer a transfer to those looking for mo people to play with. It only helps the game maintain players if they are happy with the experience.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Dano.5298

No, nobody should be forced to adapt to the playing styles of others, options are good in gaming. On the flip side, nobody should be forced to play on a "dead’ server if they can’t afford, or unwilling, to pay for a transfer. So let the T8 servers remain, some like to play in a non zerging environment, but offer a transfer to those looking for mo people to play with. It only helps the game maintain players if they are happy with the experience.

Preaching to the choir there, I definitely think above all that ppl should be allowed to move or whatever else it takes for them to have more fun. That just helps the game.. which is something all sports leagues are constantly trying to do… Anet doesn’t seem to want to help the game or reward the player base which is just amazing!

But anyways, I think maybe my two cents are though that t8 population wise still has a good chunk of players that still play, just the coverage is totally minimal in many spots. I don’t personally care about ppt so I don’t really care about fair match ups (and actually the best reset I had in a while was at a time we were ticking about 60.. lol we were just barely holding on! bad guys everywhere!) but what I hate to see is cross tier population imbalance. So you are telling me you have to xfer every month or so to see more than 2-4 servers? jeez!

Ev
[SQD]

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Just reset all servers when HoT launches, release 12 servers with new names for all I care and let people choose their new home, everyone can then choose a server to rep for WvW purposes. Populations will be based off of WvW server representation not mega server.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Random thats actually pretty nice idea:-D

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

would be great if you could “buy your own server” as an alliance so you could control the transfers, but ultimately all the wvw money comes from transfers so as broken the system is i doubt anet will change it

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Just reset all servers when HoT launches, release 12 servers with new names for all I care and let people choose their new home, everyone can then choose a server to rep for WvW purposes. Populations will be based off of WvW server representation not mega server.

NO! Since I’ve been on the same server since I started I have made many friendships over my time. Also I had to basically earn the respect from others when I started yet now most people see me and follow me around. I make map call outs and most respond to me yet I see others make call outs and only a few respond. Things like that I had to earn and it wasn’t easy to do. I try to be nice and helpful and respond to every call out because that is something I’d like others to do as well. I get a lot more help now since people see me responding to call outs so they will do the same for me..

We have a lot of PVX guilds on my server and pretty much everyone knows each other. I party with many people from many different guilds because well we have been playing together for so long. I would lose a lot of friends unless they all decided to transfer to the same server which probably wouldn’t be the case. Even now when guilds leave us I lose friends and sad part is most just turn around to trash talk the server after they are gone..

Lets face it new commanders have it rough and if you haven’t you are the lucky ones. I had it rough when I started to tag and I didn’t even do that till I was ranked 400+ I had to show people that I knew my stuff and it wasn’t an easy thing to do. People see me now and ask me to tag up but I found the love for small groups and roaming now. I do tag every now and then but even when I do, I’m asked to tag the next day and so on and so forth.

Starting all over with a new server name and new faces would be like starting all over again and to be honest I probably wouldn’t do it.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Every account should get one free transfer I think, then pay for any others after.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

I am still wondering y it cost so much to change servers

when it is only wvw players paying —- everything is a mega server ! except wvw !

and wvw clearly has population problems !

:D lets just pay through the nose to change servers

listen I had a active wvw server until 2 guilds got in a fight and left the server destroying the wvw population. my server has been dead for over 2 years

u could go buy a server transfer … but if for some reason “guilds” decide to leave your server u are F*ed

there is no way to test a server before u buy

u can ask around the forums how a server is
but besides that it is a terrible over priced system

and like some people u may transfer as many times as 7 lol …. I just cant pay that to test servers that is insane

(edited by caveman.5840)

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

My server was once in top three….now it’s at the bottom and dead. And I have to pay a ransom of 300+ gold or 20 bucks to move to a server that actually has people playing…only to have people/large guilds suddenly move over night. For instance, back when my server was hopping there was 1-2 large oceanic guilds so we had a night crew but NOT as large as the other oppositions night crew so what did those guilds/players do? They all paid the transfer fee and moved to the one that was winning. Right after these guys went, several large NA crews did the same thing. GG.

Here’s the thing, so i do happen to pay the ransom and move….what happens when the server I go to falls out of favour? Oh right, same deal that happened to my once great but now dead server.

Transfer fees were put in to discourage this but it hasn’t at all, if a guild and their hangers on decide to move…they do it, all them. This leaves whatever server they left to become dead.

Anyways, I used to absolutely love playing WvW but due to the drop of a hat transitory nature of the players here…I don’t no more. All I want to do is play WvW like how it was meant to play: map cap vs map cap instead of lil ol me vs 100+ players alone. Is that too much to ask for? So if not, can I have a free transfer pls? I am not going to drop 20 bucks every time a guild and their band wagoners get kitteny. :S

All I can say is that researching a server is pointless, you never know when a server will fall out of favour and be vacated. I seen it happen TWO times now so I am not playing WvW no more and that to me is disappointing.

Solution is either merge servers, free transfers, or give some sorta mercenary option (not eotm) for mist war. But I guess this won’t happen cus anet is banking on people paying the transfer ransom. Sorry, I won’t be paying that. 300 g to me is a month+ of grinding like a dog and 20 bucks? I rather spend that 20 on silly cash shop kitten instead.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Okay a couple of things….

Server loyalty: The top tier servers send a guild down to the lower tiers, they say they are staying, they recruit hard, they ask for resources and siege, and money….and then after a couple months recruitment…they vanish back to their home server gutting the lower tiers. This has happened over and over again …so with all due respect anyone from a top 4 tier server shove your server loyalty crap you are spewing up your kitten .

For the bottom tiers: you are your own worst enemies. You let the big bully tiers come down and gut you over and over and NONE of you ever learn. Fool you once shame on them, fool you twice….you are just being stupid (and since this is at least the 7 or 8th time that I have personally witnessed…… <face palm>

For Anet: The crappy skill/ build parity is horrendous and the equality amongst classes is generally bad too. This is MOST pronounced in the lower tiers when you don’t really have 60 people around you acting as your school of fish so you aren’t targetted first. In the lower tiers you HAVE to run the most optimal build or you are dead in a second and that means no NEW players come to WvW. They get slaughtered immediately and repeatedly in a 15-30 minute period then never come back. Anyone in the upper tier that runs with a blob you have it easy, you can run a crappy build and still survive and win. Lower tiers, you are just a bag….for the 15 minutes you even play.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

Hi Anet, I want free xfers to get out of T8 :p

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i dont mind anet put a transfer upgrade for guild which cost 1m influence, since influence gonna phase out and letting players reunite with their favourite guild is pretty nice.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

My server was once in top three….now it’s at the bottom and dead. And I have to pay a ransom of 300+ gold or 20 bucks to move to a server that actually has people playing…only to have people/large guilds suddenly move over night. For instance, back when my server was hopping there was 1-2 large oceanic guilds so we had a night crew but NOT as large as the other oppositions night crew so what did those guilds/players do? They all paid the transfer fee and moved to the one that was winning. Right after these guys went, several large NA crews did the same thing. GG.

Here’s the thing, so i do happen to pay the ransom and move….what happens when the server I go to falls out of favour? Oh right, same deal that happened to my once great but now dead server.

Transfer fees were put in to discourage this but it hasn’t at all, if a guild and their hangers on decide to move…they do it, all them. This leaves whatever server they left to become dead.

Anyways, I used to absolutely love playing WvW but due to the drop of a hat transitory nature of the players here…I don’t no more. All I want to do is play WvW like how it was meant to play: map cap vs map cap instead of lil ol me vs 100+ players alone. Is that too much to ask for? So if not, can I have a free transfer pls? I am not going to drop 20 bucks every time a guild and their band wagoners get kitteny. :S

All I can say is that researching a server is pointless, you never know when a server will fall out of favour and be vacated. I seen it happen TWO times now so I am not playing WvW no more and that to me is disappointing.

Solution is either merge servers, free transfers, or give some sorta mercenary option (not eotm) for mist war. But I guess this won’t happen cus anet is banking on people paying the transfer ransom. Sorry, I won’t be paying that. 300 g to me is a month+ of grinding like a dog and 20 bucks? I rather spend that 20 on silly cash shop kitten instead.

This is why they have to do forced merged groups based on population density per time (and when), average size of guild entry, average “blob” size determined by player density mapping, PPT/kills based on a per-server record, etc., and merge groups of servers together weekly to create forced positive matchups. The glicko system is way too slow. My server is falling down tiers now due to a migration of the guilds like you explained, and we’re 3 weeks still in the same tier after ticking < 100 PPT and outnumbered against 50-70 man blobs 24/7 since the migration. It’s been a boring slaughterfest the entire time and the majority of the people I played with have since just left the game due to low morale. We’d also just transferred in as a guild because the same thing happened to our last two servers. Playing catch-up is terrible and overly-costly.

This way servers still have identities and will retain their communities, but server size will be irrelevant and the populations will stabilize and force people not to transfer aside from creating “home base” scenarios for guilds so that they are always together as a community.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Telly.4962

For the bottom tiers: you are your own worst enemies. You let the big bully tiers come down and gut you over and over and NONE of you ever learn. Fool you once shame on them, fool you twice….you are just being stupid (and since this is at least the 7 or 8th time that I have personally witnessed…… <face palm>

If people decide to leave with the Guild that recruited them, they are not being “stupid”, it’s just that they found a group they enjoy playing with, and that is more important to them than the name of the server they log into. Actually sounds more sensible than stupid, to me at least.

kitten ET, I only play there anymore during the time period that a remaining group of folks I like to run with plays there.

The whole server loyalty BS sermon is BS. Don’t let it ruin your gaming experience

(edited by Telly.4962)

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

That is just reset. And those players could as easily be combined into T7, T6, T5 or even T4 servers.

How about right now as I write this ? its around 8 am Pacific Time on a Tuesday. How many people will you find to fight right now at this moment in the T8 borderlands ? How many good fights or mass battles ?

I agree with the OP 100%. The bottom 3 tiers, not just T8, should get free server transfers upwards so those that want to actually experience WvW as it is meant to, for something other then just roaming, actually can.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Free transfer is just going to kill these severs quicker. I dont get why there is no loyalty for staying with one server or some effect besides costing money for moving. You could not just change factions in GW1 without there being a cost. Sad that often WVW is just about numbers and not quality of game play

There is plenty of loyalty and community. My original T8 community is to this day best I have seen and ever experienced in this whole game so far. I found that the same just can not be obtained in the higher tiers because too many people and they don’t get close enough to do so and guilds hop servers like fleas from cat to cat. Its stupid.

But the depression resulting from longterm gameplay on those servers forces vast majority of us to either move to higher tier, leave WvW, or leave the game altogether.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Free transfers never solved a thing. In no way at all should Anet encourage stacking servers that are already highly stacked. I have no idea why people would want daily queues that take hours to get in. That isn’t currently an issue on any tier except at reset as far as I know, but it’s happened before, and it would happen again. Then the same people complaining about a ‘dead wvw’ would be complaining about queues, with the added bonus their new servermates also get to be mad about longer queues.

And when Anet tried free transfers to the lower tiers, it also did not work. People would bandwagon one or 2 servers, propel it up, leave others ‘dead’, and in a lot of cases abandon that new server for the next one.

If you don’t like a ‘dead’ wvw, you have the same options anyone in any other tier has. Pay/farm and move. Thing is, what one person refers to as ‘dead’ could be another person’s ideal wvw, not because it is actually dead, but because it doesn’t have 60v60. Funny thing though… even lower tiers have large zergs, and no, not just at reset. Funny thing I’ve seen people do, go into a map, not see a tag, complain about wvw being dead, leave. 20+ people on map with lots of fights, commander took rest to another map. Or other times I’d seen dozens of people over the course of 30 mins or less go in a map, complain about wvw being dead, then leave. Rinse & Repeat. There’s people, and there’s large fights to be had for those that want them at many different times of day, if, you know, people that want them would do a little work to get them. And really that’s the case even at T3.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Telly.4962

Been to T8 lately Lunacy? Didn’t think so

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Actually I welcome a 3 hr queue…at least after 3 hours I can have a meaningful battle ….Here on DR its 24 * 7 outnumbered amd outnumbered badly.

So ya 3 hours no problem!

OK dead…max population is 20 people….
Often there are 3 of us and 40 of them….very very often.
3 for the entire map.
Think about that for a bit.

Can we get free xfers?

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

If you want it, then your options are to do exactly what others did to get away from those queues by going to lower tiers, or to go into upper tiers because you want those ‘large fights’. Pay money for gems or raise gold to convert.

Don’t think that I have not been in same or similar situation. I was on a server that was bandwagon-ed, and then had all those people leave after propelling up multiple tiers.
At times I was one of only 3 active in WvW. And also during that time there would be dozens of people go in, stand at spawn, ask about a tag, then leave, when they could have made a difference easily. Most people won’t say anything and just leave though. Server had people, but they wouldn’t go in, same issue you are having, people aren’t going in, but there ARE people on the server.

No it isn’t fun to be spawn camped, although it is fun to down them and frustrate them when they can’t get you. Sadly most people are just free bags for them and don’t know when not to fight (or that there’s other exits or other maps).

Free transfers solve nothing. When they did free transfers, about the only thing it accomplished was creating further imbalance, and more problems.

One thing though, Even t3 has times where it would fully fit ‘only 3 of us and 40 of them’, so depending on times you play, moving server may not solve a thing.