Desert Borderland is AWESOME!!

in WvW

Posted by: bigo.9037

bigo.9037

Honestly. theres just so many good things about DBL. instead of just being flat.. theres stairways and jumps all over the place! its even better now that we have gliding. its so much fun!

Watch my video so you can see what i mean! ( i promise youll laugh or your money back guaranteed * )

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Gliding has defiantly made the DBL a more fun map to play on. Esp fun when you jump off a really high place, think you own it and then find out very quickly you don’t and end up a pancake.
Sure there would have been more love for this map if gliding had been allowed from the start.
mooo

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Just goes to show gliding was intended from the beginning but got cut.
Might’ve been a totally different story two years ago if priorities weren’t so slanted toward PvE. #lessonsforgw3

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It’s a pretty good map now then what it used to be on launch. Many good tweaks have been done there to make the map way more playable.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: ProverbsofHell.2307

ProverbsofHell.2307

I agree, and it looks a hundred times better than any other WvW map – but why does nobody want to go there?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I agree, and it looks a hundred times better than any other WvW map – but why does nobody want to go there?

Lots of people stubborn to learn the new paths anet created. If you do it right you can travel faster then on alpines.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

I enjoy zerging on this map more than any other

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

It is an absolute slog to get around the map to defend camps & keeps.
“But you can travel faster than alpines”, only with all of the shrines controlled.

It’s just much much larger than the old borderlands.

And just like the old borderlands, it has a very big issue that people won’t admit. The complete lack of a centralized objective.

If everyone else’s server is remotely like mine, EBG always has loads of people, and the BLs are a coin flip on whether or not they have people.

This is because EBG brings the fights. Hitting middle fort (SMC) is a lot of fun, and offers fights pretty much on demand.

Comparatively, hitting Garri in the BLs is like hitting the keep in EBG. A complete and total pain to do, due to the distant travel, easy defense positioning, etc etc.

There’s nothing like SMC on the other BLs. And I honestly think the BLs are worse for it. Especially desert BL, which could really use a central objective as a rallying point.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Claims entire map is awesome.

Plays on pew pew ranger and sticks to the camp next to a cliff.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

“But you can travel faster than alpines”, only with all of the shrines controlled.

And just like the old borderlands, it has a very big issue that people won’t admit. The complete lack of a centralized objective.

If everyone else’s server is remotely like mine, EBG always has loads of people, and the BLs are a coin flip on whether or not they have people.

This is because EBG brings the fights. Hitting middle fort (SMC) is a lot of fun, and offers fights pretty much on demand.

Comparatively, hitting Garri in the BLs is like hitting the keep in EBG. A complete and total pain to do, due to the distant travel, easy defense positioning, etc etc.

There’s nothing like SMC on the other BLs. And I honestly think the BLs are worse for it. Especially desert BL, which could really use a central objective as a rallying point.

Desert HAD a central objective that borked up the game. But having it make sense to cap something there would help.

Home BLs were never set up to have a central objective. Garry has always been hard to take. That was part of the design. I miss the three way Garry fights with bannering.. but I digress.

If they went to a central theme like EBG, then home BL concept would need to go away and have only three maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Desert HAD a central objective that borked up the game. But having it make sense to cap something there would help.

Home BLs were never set up to have a central objective. Garry has always been hard to take. That was part of the design. I miss the three way Garry fights with bannering.. but I digress.

If they went to a central theme like EBG, then home BL concept would need to go away and have only three maps.

The home BL concept is flawed now that a newly full server can’t cover four maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

The home BL concept is flawed now that a newly full server can’t cover four maps.

I wouldn’t argue with that.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I will admit that the DBL was made better when gliding was added.

It went from being a miserable pile of decaying excrement to just being miserable. Well done.

SBI