Disappointed - New matchups

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Dear Arenanet,

I’m the leader of Grand Cross, the alliance of Vizunah WvW since day one. I, we put many many hours to make this server the more efficient possible. We created a big community with thousand of passionate people, sometimes playing 15h in a day to keep us with a good score. Our organization and dedication had a big impact on thousand of your customers: we wanted them to have fun and pleasure in your WvW mode, and to make a better community for all.

I had stop 1 month, and i came back for the last week before change, and to fight Jade Sea – Elona. I made again a big call to arm to all Vizunians for the very last time (http://www.grandcross.fr/leve-toi-une-derniere-fois-legendaire-vizunah/) and we managed to win this week again, it was a symbol for us to win a last time for sure before your change. But at the cost of many hours of work.

And this morning, i see you won’t change it this week? is it sure? because i have to say i’m very, very sad if it’s not this week. I think, like when you put free transfert on SFR, you do not realize how your words or decisions can damage a whole server. You do not realize what people create around your WvW, sometimes even irl time sacrifices, and i think you do not realize the disappointment it can be for us.

Players, post here if you agree.

Best Regards,

Grand Crusader Troma

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

/signed

Dear Anet,
those past few months have been nothing but disappointments regarding WvW evolution.
You don’t seem to realize the unpolished jewel you have in your hands.

Please, at least for once, deliver.

in WvW

Posted by: Enhancer.1385

Enhancer.1385

/signed

Very bad Anet….

At start of the game, Anet changed matchup every day, and now you can’t do it ?

in WvW

Posted by: Zepolak.2095

Zepolak.2095

Every single decision you make Anet has effects on players, obviously.

However, nerfing/buffing a skill doesn’t have the same effect as changing the match-ups or allowing/forbidding free transfers.

The latter category has a tremendous snowball effect on your customer-base. Their morale, their will to create content & emulate around Guild Wars 2. Which basically keeps the game alive.

If the new matchup system wasn’t ready to be released, you should have waited to announce it. It’s as simple as this. That’s the only responsible behavior. That’s the behavior on which people build their expectations.

Else, it’s like breaking a promise. You shatter the trust, it’s a withdrawal from the emotional bank account. You lose people, you lose money.
Please do improve your communication and/or your development processes. Thanks a lot in advance.

GM @ Insert Coinz [CPC] @ Grand Cross @ Vizunah Square.

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

I would say we are all disappointed but I am rather relieved that Anet found a bug and are fixing it rather than releasing it and then us finding the bug

Devon did the right thing letting us know as soon as they found out it wouldn’t be ready for the next weeks matchup

but still a disappointment

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Crazysky.8369

Crazysky.8369

/signed

But to everyone USE THE +1 button. It’s more efficient than /signed.

Crazz
Vizunah Square Commander
Founder of Vizunah.net & TS PVE : ts.vizunah.net

in WvW

Posted by: Alaclis.6579

Alaclis.6579

/signed

You never respect what you say. You work on this patch for a long time, and the day before, you find a bug. Srsly Anet, isn’t professional.

Alaclis – Thief 80
Millenium Old School [MoS] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Yoo.5309

Yoo.5309

I agree, it is time you deliver on your promises

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

and whats even more unprofessional is, that anet anounced this here 8 hours ago, but absolutly neglected to inform the francophone and german speaking community. there is not an official statement on either forum

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I’ve an idea:

You take a coin for (+ or -) and a 10-sided dice for (0.0 – 0.9).

You still have 8 hours to manually roll out the new EU-matches and then some more times for the NA matches.

And coins and dices are debugged since centuries

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki.1765

Yuki.1765

Well … as usual, lack of communication. I’m glad, if I had not joined the Grand Cross FB page, I wouldn’t have seen this post.

I hope they’ll fix this bug as soon as possible.

It’s time to be professional, don’t disappoint us please !!

Yuni Yuki n’ Co PvP r39 – WvW r962 – Necromant and Guardian !
Vizunah Spirit [VSS], Vizunah Square [FR] We’ll never surrender!

(edited by Yuki.1765)

in WvW

Posted by: Kalritz.9716

Kalritz.9716

/signed

I’m getting more and more disappointed about Anet and his decisions about WvW. Wrong decison on wrong decision leads to discourage a whole community of WvW player, community which put many hope about this hopeful massive PvP mod. I know you could do better and I still wait for those stuff which will make WvW better but all people are not as patient as I am, many players have planed to go on new MMO which coming soon.
So, please try to listened the community to do things right or I won’t put a coin on the future of your game.

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

worse dev team than runescape

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Majax.3549

Majax.3549

All this work, all these sacrifices, reduced to nothingness by Anet.
I think you do not go at all into account that some of the work done to finish this matchup beauty.

Your updates are too light and too long and when they finally have it happen is a delay because of bugs ….

Seriously / facepalm

in WvW

Posted by: Volelame.3456

Volelame.3456

/signed of course !

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

time for anet to release a survey on the game to see peoples satisfaction levels on how poorly some people have done their jobs

in WvW

Posted by: Cassie Undt.8726

Cassie Undt.8726

/signed

Why do you kill yourself with those decision ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sindo.5281

Sindo.5281

/signed

Dear Anet it’s time to begin to worry you about the community WvW! It too long has been since we wait!! Then make what you said for once! We want one reset of the WvW classification!

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Also the performance has decreased with 200% for me, last week before the patch everything was smooth even in big fights.. now its like an old man trying to load the characters.. And yes the match ups are boring for months in a row.. and they do nothing

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Very sad this thread will get deleted because I totally support Troma in this.

P.S. How many “Last” Call to arms are you going to do?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Troma.3250

Be sure it was the last my friend, the symbolic of the last match before ladder change was too important to ignore it. I couldn’t resist to help my mates, when i saw the strong elona coming back boosted with Corpus Christi public holiday.

The main message of my post is: Understand how your communication, decisions, or announcement can break a whole community will to play, Arenanet. And i’m not talking about 10, 20, 50 people. I’m talking about thousand of people. The butterfly effect can be a disaster (like SFR free transfert in the climax of their power, or for us when we do a powerful week with great excitement to see a problem the last day, after all work done)

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Stefan.9360

Stefan.9360

Changing color of buss who working in dead town – doesn’t change anything. You will need to try populate the town. You are trying by wrong way to fix the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuzo.4850

Yuzo.4850

/signed.

We are not your toys.
We are not your beta testers.

Please, please, show some respect to the involvement people can have towards your game.
I hate this new system, but I hate even more the fact that you are, yet again, unable to implement it properly, professionally. It’s disheartening.

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

I’ve been disappointed quite a lot lately so it’s not even any point anymore in saying I am disappointed with these changes because it seems like things won’t change.

Though Troma, didn’t you say you would never call for a server call to arms ever again earlier? At least that’s what I heard from friends on Desolation after we left it.

Teelie l VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Ofunk.8097

Ofunk.8097

The main message of my post is: Understand how your communication, decisions, or announcement can break a whole community will to play, Arenanet

Obviously agree !

in WvW

Troma.3250

in WvW

Posted by: Tibere.5981

Tibere.5981

/signed
it breaks the motivation ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

I have a couple of serious questions.
1. Did the person that came up with the math for this graduate from high school.
2. To prove it, please upload a copy of your high school diploma.

How about just a copy of their resume. I don’t see his high school experience on there. Hopefully the other stuff can count as relevant experience for your assessment.

http://www.glicko.net/cv.html

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/New-matchup-system-official-info/page/4#post2082642

Thank you so much for the laugh!

Red Guard [RG]

in WvW

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

ANet do not care much about WvW. It costs them to run it and they gain zero from it. The only support/interaction the WvW community receives from ANet is via one person who occasionaly makes an appearance on this forum. Beyond poor really. As many have said, it’s a shame such a jewel is neglected by ANet.

in WvW

Posted by: alkalone.5798

alkalone.5798

Hi,
I’m so agree with this things.
We fight all day, all night thinking that was the last. And now, you say it will not ?
You very have to think about what you are doing. Every choice, every decision that you make, change the life of a lot of people. Because your players, is your community.
I hope you will do something.

[MoS] Alkalone | Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

Dear Arenanet,

I’m the leader of Grand Cross, the alliance of Vizunah WvW since day one. I, we put many many hours to make this server the more efficient possible. We created a big community with thousand of passionate people, sometimes playing 15h in a day to keep us with a good score. Our organization and dedication had a big impact on thousand of your customers: we wanted them to have fun and pleasure in your WvW mode, and to make a better community for all.

I had stop 1 month, and i came back for the last week before change, and to fight Jade Sea – Elona. I made again a big call to arm to all Vizunians for the very last time (http://www.grandcross.fr/leve-toi-une-derniere-fois-legendaire-vizunah/) and we managed to win this week again, it was a symbol for us to win a last time for sure before your change. But at the cost of many hours of work.

And this morning, i see you won’t change it this week? is it sure? because i have to say i’m very, very sad if it’s not this week. I think, like when you put free transfert on SFR, you do not realize how your words or decisions can damage a whole server. You do not realize what people create around your WvW, sometimes even irl time sacrifices, and i think you do not realize the disappointment it can be for us.

Players, post here if you agree.

Best Regards,

Grand Crusader Troma

I understand you are disappointed in that ArenaNet has not delivered what they promised. However, I don’t quite understand how that will negatively impact your gameplay. The 3 servers in EU tier 1 at the moment are the best point servers in the ladder, and you will face the most challenge playing against them. If anything the new system would probably make your next matchup worse. Personally I am happy the new system is coming, but I am also happy I get to play Piken Square and Baruch Bay again next week, because I believe it’s the best matchup for the gameplay I want to have that may get broken up.

Yes, the new fluidity of server matchups and the ranking may incentivize people to play for points again and try and beat servers in the long run. However, in the short run of one weekly reset I don’t really see you missing out on anything, in fact it may be more fun for you.

Otherwise I agree with you that WvW needs more love, the new matchup system is one of the first steps forward. Having real rewards (loot, cosmetic skins, WXP, anything)for winning a matchup, but also for being 2nd or scoring a certain amount of points, etc. and trying to decrease skill delay (by discouraging zerging or just fixing it) are the next few steps forward.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in WvW

Troma.3250

Hello Daniella, no the problem is not fighting Elona and Jade at all (in fact i loved it). The problem is, we made a really big work to finish the actual ladder with dedication. Like i said post before:

“The main message of my post is: Understand how your communication, decisions, or announcement can break a whole community will to play, Arenanet. And i’m not talking about 10, 20, 50 people. I’m talking about thousand of people. The butterfly effect can be a disaster (like SFR free transfert in the climax of their power, or for us when we do a powerful week with great excitement to see a problem the last day, after all work done)”

Thats the focus of my post, not what you are talking about ! It’s like preparing for a big competition, working hard all week, with climax of excitement when friday come, too see a message like :“competition delayed next week”

We wanted to show beautiful things before the divisions change. We wanted to do our best, to counter Elona, to have great battle. I went to sleep at 3am with hope that VS will tank Elona at night. They managed to do it. I wake up this morning with a smile “ah, yes, it’s done, we are winning the last match of this ladder ! sweet !…” to see minuts after the Devon’s post…

This is terrible. And i made this to say STOP to this manner Anet. Like the free transfert on SFR when they were at top, or many other errors, i’m fed up.

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

:/ This is the last game I buy with an Anet logo on it.. The only thing I like about the game is the competitive gameplay in WvW. Its very frustrating to have all these “updates” that never help and seem to always make things worse.. but if they found problems in the new system its fine with me for the delay. better to wait for them to fix it than to start the system with a bunch of dumb bugs.. like ones that wont let us place any siege other than golems.. Oh god how horrific would that be.

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

Anet I beg you hire someone that now how to make WvW 110% successful atm you got random ppls with MAYBE some e-sports experience I don’t now but there are pvp players there is a long long list of players that now how to make this extremely successful both for the more casual players and for the hardcore players,

votf, rg. guilds like those are gonna get tired of this sooner or later. what is the next step? no veil? no frozen ground? I now what your trying to do.

you are trying to make this game more fair for everyone even the casual players that run berserker set in WvW you try to make 60 random blob be able to kill a 30 proper organise guild zerg.

from the first day you have tried this. and failed sooner or later you will succeed and it will turn out to be epic fail by 60% leaving the game or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

I’d prefer to see a system that is done properly and as bug free as it possibly can be before going live.

I’d bet a large amount of gold that you or someone would have made a very similar post if they had not delayed and the new match up system was bugged.

Instead of constantly whining about something that they have obviously started to fix, how about you show a bit of patience? It’s not like it’s not coming, Arena.Net aren’t psychic, they can’t predict when issues will arise.

It’s a week. Not a month or a year. Show your true strength as a server and beat Elona and Jade until they do change it.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: SNEEKI.4693

SNEEKI.4693

Ah the famous Troma CTA again
Respect to you my friend and all that you do for Vizunah server.

I agree with what your saying ,but to Anet I think WvW is not really a top priority!
Shame because they are losing a lot of players through this

in WvW

Troma.3250

Kelthos, you can check my others posts. I never whined. 0 times. And i would not make a post if the system was bugged or something like this.

The main message is: do not announce things if you aren’t sure of it. Because in the meantime, people build things and work hard considering what you say.

in WvW

Posted by: Cafeine.9832

Cafeine.9832

Same disappointement as op… We produce a lot of effort based on your WwW change announcement ladder system for nothing.. Many thanks ArenaNet !

Cafeïne – Insert CoinZ [CPC] – Vizunah Square [FR] on EU ladder.

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

aaaw-.- think my post got deleted-.-

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Face it guys.

Anet sucks

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: Hawkeye.2037

Hawkeye.2037

Players don’t want promises. They want the content they are waiting for. If the game industry does not understand this, no MMO will be able to last.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

/signed tired of being let down…Devon needs some assistance Anet

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

/signed

Hail troma the wise \o/

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

/sign

Troma is like the only Vizu I like …

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

/sign
really! if the content isn’t ready don’t tell us you are going to to do something on a specific date and not follow through. The funny thing is this is one of the first changes that the WvW community embraced right off the bat, I didn’t see any QQ threads until Anet broke their promise.
stay classy Anet. – (enables WoW subscription-back to rated BGs)

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

(edited by The Goat.1940)

in WvW

Posted by: Rogi.8720

Rogi.8720

A lot of people were excited about fighting new guilds and servers. Now we have the same boring match ups. GG

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

/Signed

I was on SFR at the time of “free transfers” Biggest mistake they ever did!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Muan.1029

Muan.1029

Use this godkitten +1 button you all.

Muan — Janitor of [CaSu]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: annalara.5216

annalara.5216

Agreed with your your post Troma .

One question, just simply .
Why have arenanet you announced this patch ?…., If you were not sure that it works ….
All implications of a lot of players and my implication are ruined ..

Not serious !!!

SupaPuOfVizunah
1vsXXXXXXXX,blob ?,np, easy
retired =( .

(edited by annalara.5216)