Don't make the mistake PVP Made Frenz!

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Hi guys long time WvW/PvP player here. I love both game modes! So I am really happy that great rewards are finally coming to WvW.

However with these much needed rewards comes the added change of new WvWers, droves of them. I personally Love new players and have always worked to help both returning, and new peeps.

However I recognize this creates chaos, for both groups! That’s okay we will all work it out,.

Please consider this before coming here to complain about rewards:

PvP as well was blessed with a much needed improved reward system. However, in a fit of foolish rage certain people cried all over the forums about the rewards being to good. To get this “pve trash” out of their game mode. (IKR rewards being TO good? Like who in their right mind would complain about that).

What happened next many of you know. Personally I posted asking please please embrace this and help new players, you were once new to. It was ignored, and ANET answered their cries. Sadly this wasnt a good representation of what the pvp population wanted.
Season five, one of the most sucessful seasons with great turn out and lots of possible new pvpers was gutted in season six.

The big change that came in season six, besides esports leaving, was ascended rewards were put behind a huge grind wall. Basically it became easier to get the rewards in pve, then pvp period.

The new were gone, the pro’s were mostly gone and the matchmaker was thrown askew by low pop season 6 was the first one I left not very far into. (Hoping season 7 is better)

So please, this game mode has a huge opportunity before it. Sure, some of the new wvwers are there just for rewards, but that can all change, with fun and friendliness. Ask new people to do things, don’t tell them. Treat each other with respect.

ANET scarily listens alot now to these boards, sometimes that’s great. However it can lead to disaster. Please don’t make the mistakes made by the Vet PVPers and fail to recognize the importance of new players in a game mode.

Happy June 6th everyone! #Hype

(edited by Nightshade.2570)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Can you say what your point is using 1 sentence please?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

I think it’s like: “WvW is going to get an influx of new players, so veterans please play nice and that will increase the chance of new players staying.”

Problem is, I think the game play (like balance…) will scare away those players that came to WvW for the new rewards. So, they’ll get their swag and ditch regardless.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

WvW vets are going to throw a hiiiiiissy fit if there are queues. It’s going to be launch days all over again.

Remember OS exists, GvGs.

Remember there are free bags, everyone else.

Remember this is fun, everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lets hope someone hears you and decides to not listen to the loud qq. listening to such fools has degraded this game since day 1.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

After the first week all casual players will have realised that this is the same old WvW they never wanted to play.
Only thos who play WvW now will appreciate the rewards, but you can quote me on that: Rewards only will not keep players in a broken game mode.
Because this is what actually happened in PvP. People got hyped in season 5 because everything was new and fresh and after that they realised it’s the same old PvP with the same boring metabuilds.
So unless the way WvW is being played changes there won’t be a permanent increase in player numbers.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

WvW vets are going to throw a hiiiiiissy fit if there are queues. It’s going to be launch days all over again.

Remember OS exists, GvGs.

Remember there are free bags, everyone else.

Remember this is fun, everyone.

oh noes! map queues! whatever will we do!?

We couldn’t possibly move to a less pop.. oh wait.

;-)

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

WvW vets are going to throw a hiiiiiissy fit if there are queues.

I will rejoice if there are queues on my server, because that will then mean we might actually have some chance to win a skirmish, right now the server is pretty much dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

WvW players like to think they’re better than PvE for a variety of reasons. Even if they’re trying to play nice, the numerous, common expressions that denigrate PvE players will probably win out. You’re right to ask for effort, but don’t expect it to change much.

The people that were going to play nice, will. The people that were not going to play nice, won’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

While i love PPK, I tend to spare those with low ranks in hopes they will stay in WvW (unless they constantly engage me while roaming, then I may stomp once). It will be nice to see new people, even if its for a short period of time.

On the flip side, we don’t need any more toxic attitudes either in map or team chat so if you are constantly raging, salty whispering or always blaming other people for your own faults, WvW doesn’t need you.

See you on the battlefield

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

While i love PPK, I tend to spare those with low ranks in hopes they will stay in WvW (unless they constantly engage me while roaming, then I may stomp once). It will be nice to see new people, even if its for a short period of time.

On the flip side, we don’t need any more toxic attitudes either in map or team chat so if you are constantly raging, salty whispering or always blaming other people for your own faults, WvW doesn’t need you.

I agree with the op about being nicer to new players coming in, and you not wanting more “toxic attitudes”, but I’m confused… This below seems contradictory to what you want and doesn’t really set a good precedent for new players reading the forums…

Meh, everyone knows YB are siege humpers and can only win when they are outnumbering and have at least 6+ people. Its something Ive learned to deal with (that and their salty whisperers)

1v2’d a group today (was a pretty good fight), then 2v4’d another. Got 3 salty whispers from 3 diff people (I lagged at one point when I was getting condi bombed by a necro). I just take the salt and sprinkle it on my “idc fries” and disable half their siege for fun (when im passing someone using it ofc…even if im not engaged in the fight in question).

Just like BrainlessBlobGate, Spawn Camper Mag, and salty JQ, once you get them separated from their carebear zerg, they all die like the rest shrug

If your concern is with new players, then it also starts with not being toxic on the forums right?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I agree with the op about being nicer to new players coming in, and you not wanting more “toxic attitudes”, but I’m confused… This below seems contradictory to what you want and doesn’t really set a good precedent for new players reading the forums…

Meh, everyone knows YB are siege humpers and can only win when they are outnumbering and have at least 6+ people. Its something Ive learned to deal with (that and their salty whisperers)

1v2’d a group today (was a pretty good fight), then 2v4’d another. Got 3 salty whispers from 3 diff people (I lagged at one point when I was getting condi bombed by a necro). I just take the salt and sprinkle it on my “idc fries” and disable half their siege for fun (when im passing someone using it ofc…even if im not engaged in the fight in question).

Just like BrainlessBlobGate, Spawn Camper Mag, and salty JQ, once you get them separated from their carebear zerg, they all die like the rest shrug

If your concern is with new players, then it also starts with not being toxic on the forums right?

Touche good sir and/or madam, you are absolutely correct and I commend you for pointing that out and apologize for my contradiction.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Asumir.1978

Asumir.1978

“Don’t nerf WvW rewards to cull PvE trash like you did with PvP rewards: it discourages old players, and will lose you actual tournament level players.”

Only WvW has no IRL cash value of bringing any players in because, hey, guess what, no WvW tournament.

Those who play it, play because they do.

Thaír ar Nádal aï Narvèduí – Zían athâ éhû Tharnadaï
From Shadow unto Light is born the Narvedui
While softly walks the Tharnadai

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Hi guys long time WvW/PvP player here. I love both game modes! So I am really happy that great rewards are finally coming to WvW.

However with these much needed rewards comes the added change of new WvWers, droves of them. I personally Love new players and have always worked to help both returning, and new peeps.

However I recognize this creates chaos, for both groups! That’s okay we will all work it out,.

Please consider this before coming here to complain about rewards:

PvP as well was blessed with a much needed improved reward system. However, in a fit of foolish rage certain people cried all over the forums about the rewards being to good. To get this “pve trash” out of their game mode. (IKR rewards being TO good? Like who in their right mind would complain about that).

What happened next many of you know. Personally I posted asking please please embrace this and help new players, you were once new to. It was ignored, and ANET answered their cries. Sadly this wasnt a good representation of what the pvp population wanted.
Season five, one of the most sucessful seasons with great turn out and lots of possible new pvpers was gutted in season six.

The big change that came in season six, besides esports leaving, was ascended rewards were put behind a huge grind wall. Basically it became easier to get the rewards in pve, then pvp period.

The new were gone, the pro’s were mostly gone and the matchmaker was thrown askew by low pop season 6 was the first one I left not very far into. (Hoping season 7 is better)

So please, this game mode has a huge opportunity before it. Sure, some of the new wvwers are there just for rewards, but that can all change, with fun and friendliness. Ask new people to do things, don’t tell them. Treat each other with respect.

ANET scarily listens alot now to these boards, sometimes that’s great. However it can lead to disaster. Please don’t make the mistakes made by the Vet PVPers and fail to recognize the importance of new players in a game mode.

Happy June 6th everyone! #Hype

No theres need to be a balance in the aquisition of asc armor across all gamemodes. The rate you were getting asc in pvp in season 5 was a joke and i was rightfully nerfed. We can argue about them being overnerfed but i hope anet learned from season 6 and they will present a balance pase in the rewards for wvw. ^^ So yeah mister nice guy dont act like what happened in se5 was any good at all because that only shows ignorance.