EU Silver League Predictions/Rankings

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

The only roamers I’ve seen from Gandara have been 5-6 taking camps, and what seems to be 90% of world’s supply of perplexity runes. If Gandara had any roaming culture it seems dead now.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

The only consolation is, the new recruits to Gandara appear to be below the standard we have come to expect from the server.

Personally, I think it should have been AG who got the free transfers, always a good fight and their recent fall has been a blow to them and the league.

Everyones standards dropped since season 2 began, all the non-WvWers coming in to Karma train their achievements is to blame for that. Towards the end of the season when the WvW casuals have finished their achievements, they will retreat back to Teq or Wurm or whatever A.I based farm they enjoy.

at the time AG had small queues (we still had guilds) and if we had free transfers, we would have been in the same situation as Gandara, what would have been better was for free transfers to all servers, Gandara being the only international free transfer was the mistake, if all servers had free transfers guilds could spread themselves out more than stacking with (including how ever many PuGs moved to Gandara as well)

It looks like AG is set for low silver/high bronze at this rate.

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

The sad thing is, if Anet had not screwed things up and allowed free transfers to Gandara before the start of season 2, we would probably have had the most competetive league.

Gandara were reasonably strong before the transfers and I think the silver league would have been a 5 horse race with Gandara, FSP, Piken, GH and AM all having a good shot at winning (depending on how the matchups went)

It certainly wouldn’t have been the forgone conclusion we have now and once again, free transfers have allowed domination instead of competition.

The only consolation is, the new recruits to Gandara appear to be below the standard we have come to expect from the server.

As we on GH are facing Gandara for the third week in a row it is having an effect on the more casual players, who, justifiably are now thinking “What’s the point?” Gandara will win so why bother, and who can blame them really?

The rest of us? We will keep on plugging away, doing the best we can with whatever numbers we can muster

Personally, I think it should have been AG who got the free transfers, always a good fight and their recent fall has been a blow to them and the league.

Community of AG made some guilds leave..
They didn’t want guilds doing their thing. They wanted guilds running server blobs or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

1. FSP
2. PS
3. GH
4. AM
5. DL
6. AG
7. RoF
8. FR

Sucks there won’t be matchup FSP, piken and gunnar, cause it would be amazing one…

FSP will not end up in top 3 because unfortunately the very best they can do in any week, is come 2nd to Gandara, so will lack points in the table, it’s the way the cookie crumbles, Anet still need to fine tweak these systems.

I think if we werent all categorized in bronze/silver gold and could still move up the ranking through the tourney whilst still earn 5 for win, 3 second, 1 point for last place it would work better and even if ur server stacked u still wouldn’t stay in a silver league position and get to fight servers around ur balance.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I think if we werent all categorized in bronze/silver gold and could still move up the ranking through the tourney whilst still earn 5 for win, 3 second, 1 point for last place it would work better and even if ur server stacked u still wouldn’t stay in a silver league position and get to fight servers around ur balance.

That would be a solution, if matches didn’t last for a week and were decided in the first day anyways

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

FSP will not end up in top 3 because unfortunately the very best they can do in any week, is come 2nd to Gandara, so will lack points in the table, it’s the way the cookie crumbles, Anet still need to fine tweak these systems.

WRONG, FSP will be #2 with 29 points in that scenario.
If situation remains stable i predict :
1.Gandara
2.Far Shiverpeaks
2.Piken Square
4.Gunnar’s Hold
4.Abaddon’s Mouth [DE]
4. Aurora Glade
7.Drakkar Lake [DE]
7. Ring of Fire
9.Fort Ranik [FR]

(edited by Shadow of Azrael.1205)

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Community of AG made some guilds leave..
They didn’t want guilds doing their thing. They wanted guilds running server blobs or something.

In fairness most servers have a least some people who feel that way. Although AG’s was usually bigger and had some kind of ‘Council’ nonsense.

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Just out of curiosity have everyone’s queue’s died down a lot during prime time? I know that on FSP last night I pretty much had freedom of most maps, apart from EB ofc.

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

We don’t have qs at Gunnars either mate.
EB and Home Border had some very small.
I call it the Gandara effect
Also we had a couple of guilds like CoN stopped playing Gw2.
kitten shame that we won’t get a FSP-GH-PS matchup this season though.

(edited by Genotix.6804)

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Gunnars is free of queues mostly. EB has one and there will generally be a border with 10 or less in queue, but i haven’t seen 2 or more borders queued at the same time for a while. It’s pretty remarkable that we’re even competitive given our numbers.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Yeh FSP-GH-PS would be awesome.

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Gunnars is free of queues mostly. EB has one and there will generally be a border with 10 or less in queue, but i haven’t seen 2 or more borders queued at the same time for a while. It’s pretty remarkable that we’re even competitive given our numbers.

Pretty much the same as us Fab. Was outmanned a lot last night and in fairness it wasn’t because the opposing server had Mega numbers it was due to us have no numbers lol.

in WvW

Twinny.9304

One of the guildies posted this on Guild website, its awesome lol

in WvW

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Bandara is surely unstoppable at this point, unless their old guys get dead sick of hanging in these ridiculous queues (although AFAIK WvW map capacity getting increased tomorrow?) and find the courage and resources to move somewhere decent, or their wagoneers somehow retire from 3W.

AG might get a sudden burst in performance from a certain transferring deso company – if they choose to PPT of course.

GH was doing ok first couple of weeks ’till they got to matchup with the running favorites. Their current score is far from ok and I expect that we, too, will have them under control.

Not gonna say much for the national servers; Blobaddon’s Mouth will predictably try to wreck stuff up a bit, but their bags, as always, are most welcome. Other Fr/Ger worlds are sadly inferior.

For us, I’d say, the main challenge will be FarSh with their sudden burst of PPT campaigning midweek-to-reset. If we can get our kitten together we’ll dominate them, though, no question.

We have made important conclusions from Week 1 and are keeping an eye on everyone and everything.

#stompforpiken, you know you wanna

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Its a curious thing, but piken getting the initial third place has actually been a real blessing for the server. We’ve been able to avoid the gand-wagon in our matchups and were given quite an easy second week to recover from an initial slapping.

Had piken gotten second in that first matchup, we would likely have been stuck with gandara for the next few weeks and had our score effectively destroyed.

A bit like getting a vaccination. We had a quick shot of Gandara and should now hopefully be protected from them for the rest of the season.

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Attachments:

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Had piken gotten second in that first matchup, we would likely have been stuck with gandara for the next few weeks and had our score effectively destroyed.

That was my initial thought of what will happen to FSP, but some guy said it wont^^ and we could quite possibly end up 2nd. However im too lazy to try and work out a full tourney scenario lol.

Oh well it’s Tuesday, FSP usually wakes up on Wednesday’s (or so it seems the last few weeks), even if we cant compete with Gandara we could at least try and claw some back.

(edited by Twinny.9304)

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Seems as though AM has picked up the pace a bit and showing your still a big threat, any new transfers? or you guys just decided to knuckle down?

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

I think they were easter holiday so they were able to push, like always, i except after the first of may Am to go back to their normal coverage.

Btw Gandara night coverage it’s mostly because there is people that they care and they organize or atleast are able to hold, it’s not massive number but usually it’s enough to hold and cap few things to get an advantage.

Ag before the league could have tryed for top3 for sure, but drama happen and past drama that wasn’t resolved like i said multiple times, came back and bite them, a small minority didn’t want guilds but no action were being take, people can take a certain amount of Rage at them until they said “No thanks we’re leaving”
I’m personally more happy now and for what i get told, even Ag community it’s more happy so less point of conflict, i think the situation improved on both side.

Btw this guild “TIME” that has massive number were they came from because i don’t remember them before the league nor ever saw them in other server.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Btw this guild “TIME” that has massive number were they came from because i don’t remember them before the league nor ever saw them in other server.

Im not sure? what server they on?

in WvW

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

Far shiverpeaks XD
They have a channel on the TS, check the bottom, seems Asakura is in it

Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Twinny.9304

Far shiverpeaks XD
They have a channel on the TS, check the bottom, seems Asakura is in it

My apologies, not often i use public TS (Kale uses it’s own) and when i do it’s one of the Border/eb channels up the top, not scrolled down past them channels since Punk split. Besides is there any guild on FSP that Asakura hasn’t been in? lol

(edited by Twinny.9304)

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Piken will have tough time getting even 3rd place in this tournament. We’ve been getting weaker and weaker. Lost to FSP twice now, so 2nd place goes to FSP no question. 3rd place might just happen for us, but not living up my hopes that much.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

so 2nd place goes to FSP no question.

Tournament is so constituted that FSP will gain every 2 weeks (3+3 points), Piken (1+5 points)

Exactly. Only in the end we’ll have smth. like 5xplaced 1st and 4xplaced 3rd, while FarSh will have the same amount of points but only having placed first once or twice. Having placed 1st so few times would put them in 3rd place after Piken.

Of course, if their hackers get banned at last I’d expect their overall PPT to drop noticeably and impact their final standings.

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah GH is having a hard time atm.

A few key guilds disbanded or moved on from GW2 to other games, which combined with our small population and high mid-tournament transfer costs makes things difficult. But the guilds we do have are very capable and are having a great time, no queues, no competing with other guilds for fights, it’s actually a lot of fun.

I imagine we’ll see transfers after the tournament though since we’re a silver league server with lots of room.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

If FSP keeps landing 2nd in all MU against Gandara funny thing will be they will still be sharing the second position with either PS or AM. How flawed is this league system.

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in WvW

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Swiss is not really suited for so many rounds with so few participants. It should last 3-4 weeks max with this numbers.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

Bandara is surely unstoppable at this point, unless their old guys get dead sick of hanging in these ridiculous queues (although AFAIK WvW map capacity getting increased tomorrow?) and find the courage and resources to move somewhere decent, or their wagoneers somehow retire from 3W.

Can’t speak for the other old Gandarans but personally, I’m just trying to sit it out. I love EBG but since the season started, I played there only one single time because (even now) most of the time when I get to log in and play, the queue is around 50-80 people (on week days, mind you). Luckily, the borderlands now are at least down to maybe 15-30 in the time frame I can play.
I’m just hoping that most of the people are only here for the season and will grow tired of WvW (PvE opportunists) or the long queues. I also hope that some of the toxic influences that have arisen will quell and things will return to how they were. I feel like we’ve got more arguments lately and the place doesn’t feel a 100% as welcomming and supporting as it did before the transfers. But I still like it a lot here. Hopefully this all will pass… maybe if new, unwanted, free transfers come before the next season.

You’re speaking about finding the courage and/or resources to move but for me it’s not even that. I love Gandara. Not the server name. The people. I’ve been fighting alongside this guys and galls for well over a year now. I know a lot of regulars just by seeing their avatars. Granted, I know only a few close enough to call them my friends. But I have a lot of fond memories connected with so many of them. I’ve spent a lot of time with them, helping each other out, laughing and raging together. Our WvW community did (and to a great deal still does) feel like kind of a big family to me. You don’t necessarily get along with everyone but you shared so many things together and when it counts you overcome your problems and manage to work together.

Most of the single players and guilds stayed when the big transfers came. Most of them probably for the same reasons I did. Most of them didn’t like the transfers very much. Probably for the same reasons I didn’t. But transferring would mean for me to leave all those people behind. As long as the majority of the community stays, I’ll stay too. If they would unitedly go to another server (which is probably unlikely and I’d also wouldn’t wish that upon any other server), I’d go with them. If they’d all scatter and go to different servers, I’d probably leave too (hello AG ) But since I think a lot of them have similar feelings towards our community, I don’t see that happen at the moment.

The only way I realistically see myself moving is if Gandara stays strong after the tourney and permanently moves up into the upper tiers where the blobbfest supposedly is going strong. As a near fulltime roamer I couldn’t stand that. I already don’t like the current state where nearly every decent small scale fight gets interrupted by a group of 40-80 people suddenly steamrolling the combatants. I couldn’t stand that for long and would certainly switch servers (and a lot of others probably too).