EU silver league: rightful ranking?

in WvW

Posted by: King xiuras.3615

King xiuras.3615

Hello everyone.

As you see in the european league in wvw, there are several servers who has the same points.

The predicted rankings in the silver league at the moment are:

Gandara – 1st
Far Shiverpeaks – 2nd
Piken Square – 2nd
Gunnars Hold -2nd
Abbandon’s Mouth – 5th
Aurora Glade – 5th
Ring of Fire – 7th
Drakkar lake – 8th
Fort Ranik – 9th

Now the question is: who gets the rightful rank?
Far Shiverpeaks has fought for many weeks and it held stance on the second place.
But this week Piken and Gunnars Hold are having the same amount of points as far shiver peaks. Are they also placed second and having the same wvw rewards at the end of the league? Or are they 3rd and 4th with lower rewards? Far Shiverpeaks havent been lowered out the top 3 and is holding stance, so are they the rightful takers of the 2nd place? Piken and Gunnars are keeping switching in points but they are having the same amount of points as Far Shiverpeaks at the moment. Who can solve this question?

Khalar Bladestorm – Pugmaster of AoA – Dungeon Master – Event Comander of AoA

in WvW

Posted by: DamnThoseNames.8791

DamnThoseNames.8791

Working as intended. I think it’s good that more servers had/have a chance on a “better” reward. It only means that coverage was less important then ppl thought in the beginning. Smart play and using the point distribution is rewarded in this case.
100% approve ANET’s screw up method this time.

Periflor – Mesmer
Cilag – Gaurdian
[RAIN] Wolfs Rain

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

In case of a tie, the “overall” server rankings will be taken into account to determine who is taking the higher place.

So FSP is guaranteed to take second place (unless Gunnar’s Hold manages to beat Gandara in the current matchup, or doubles-triples the score of FSP at the end of the week).

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Working as intended. I think it’s good that more servers had/have a chance on a “better” reward. It only means that coverage was less important then ppl thought in the beginning. Smart play and using the point distribution is rewarded in this case.
100% approve ANET’s screw up method this time.

Read the OP again…

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

There’s no ‘rightful ranking’. It’s the hand you were dealt and you have to deal with it.

Otherwise, just organise rewards based on your glicko rating?

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I am fairly sure that ties receive the same rewards. If not I am going to have difficulty handing back the NA 3rd place chest I received upon logging into EOTM yesterday.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yes I was under the assumption that servers tied for the same place would receive the same reward. At least that is how I hope it will work so more people have access to greater rewards.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I don’t see why OP thinks Far Shiverpeaks (FSP) deserves a better reward than Piken Square (PS) and Gunnar’s Hold (GH). If FSP just ends second in the current match-up they will end on the 2nd place overall, PS will be 3th and GH 4th.
Clearly Gandara is the number one server in Silver League. All credits to FSP for beating Gandara once. But If FSP fails to secure second place in this match-up I don’t see why PS and GH do not deserve a joined 2nd place at the end of the season. Both defeated FSP in at least one match-up during the season.

Another thing is the format ArenaNet choose for this Season. In this format it is sometimes better to loose a match-up and end in 3th place than to compete for 2nd place. Luckily my fellow players on PS did recognize this situation last match-up so we still have a shot at joined 2nd place overall this season.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Gandara won by double teaming as they did with piken,and as they do with gh,if they didnt kept playing so cheap we would have beaten gandara again.But they like to hold hands with other servers…and then Still get steamrolled allover the place,like yesterday in EB…that was just an embarrassing display.Kinda funny actually.

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

do not make this a matchup thread, or else someone will close it again

BUT: I reread the news-post and it only states:
If two teams have the same number of points, the team with the higher world rating will be considered the higher seed for the purposes of the matchup.

There is no reference to score ties.

Please Anet, can you make a clear statemant how score ties in Season2 will be handled?

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

How does it make sense for Drakkar Lake to beat Ring of Fire in 3 of their 4 matchings by a wide margin (and lose once with a small margin) and still end up behind them?

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I feel pretty sorry for Drakkar. Well and truly screwed by the system

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

A moderator moved a message you posted to the forum ‘Trashcan’ with the reason:

Greetings,
Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum
The WvW Community has created a new space for Match-Ups and other off-topic discussion. You can find the Player Community-run site here:
http://www.GW2WvW.net

Follow the new thread here.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Epikindinos.9476

Epikindinos.9476

I also don’t understand this frustration from FSP side lol. Even if they go Third this match up, they get 2nd place reward (Even with the overall rankings they get 2nd position). There is no way for Gunnars to beat Gandara to steal ur spot. lol

Commander Jack Da Black/Kindinos[GRTS]
Greek Titans
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

I don’t see why OP thinks Far Shiverpeaks (FSP) deserves a better reward than Piken Square (PS) and Gunnar’s Hold (GH). If FSP just ends second in the current match-up they will end on the 2nd place overall, PS will be 3th and GH 4th.
Clearly Gandara is the number one server in Silver League. All credits to FSP for beating Gandara once. But If FSP fails to secure second place in this match-up I don’t see why PS and GH do not deserve a joined 2nd place at the end of the season. Both defeated FSP in at least one match-up during the season.

Another thing is the format ArenaNet choose for this Season. In this format it is sometimes better to loose a match-up and end in 3th place than to compete for 2nd place. Luckily my fellow players on PS did recognize this situation last match-up so we still have a shot at joined 2nd place overall this season.

I think you don’t WvW much. Underlined point, neither Piken nor Gunnar’s have defeated FSP once on this season. Gunnar’s is on the brink of winning for the first time. Only server beyond Gandara that won against us this season is Abaddon’s. This “swiss” system was complete bizarre and I have no idea who in Anet comes up with these.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by demetrodon.1457)

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

You’re guaranteed 2nd regardless of your matchup result so what’s this issue?

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

The rightful ranking would most likely see FSP disqualified. We all know why, so do you really want to go down that road.

in WvW

Posted by: ProTech.8402

ProTech.8402

At the end of season one both Jade Sea and Seafarer’s Rest got 2nd place. If you check the official leaderboards both Abaddon’s Mouth and Piken Square is listed as 4th based on the last weeks results. They only needed to break the ties for matchmaking as you cannot have more than 3 servers in a match. So we can have three servers at second place at the end of this season.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/wvwsilver

in WvW

Posted by: Regnum.7102

Regnum.7102

I’m pretty sure y’all QQing about Gandara are thieves. Prolly not, but still. Thieves.

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

If you check the official leaderboards both Abaddon’s Mouth and Piken Square is listed as 4th based on the last weeks results.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/wvwsilver

This is a good indication, ty for the reference.

Still, why do we have to assume? I really prefer things to be clearly spelled out.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

in a rightful ranking order all those nightcappers would get punished for making 50% of their score in a few hours when no enemies are logged on. #abaddon #fsp. Just saying…

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

personaly i think FSP should receive the ban hammer with the 9 weeks of hacking they done, all the QQ, all the accusations of double teaming. Why would gandara need to double team a server where gandaran PUG zerg can easily wipe out FSP hand holding guilds blobbinb like there no tomoro

Am, Ps and Gh all deserve second place alot more than FSP by far

(insert QQ and Rage here )

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

FSP is 100% guaranteed 2nd place overall (or at least 2nd place prize value) even if they finish 3rd this week. So you have nothing to worry about on FSP, just put your feet up and relax, all the hard work was done in previous weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

the FSP post was just an example i assume, the better example in this case is Drakkar vs RoF.
all in all this system is beyond bad.
and ofc course the 99% of the fair FSP players need to get banned together with the 1% hackabusers, because reasons and kitten.

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in WvW

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Gandara won by double teaming as they did with piken,and as they do with gh,if they didnt kept playing so cheap we would have beaten gandara again.But they like to hold hands with other servers…and then Still get steamrolled allover the place,like yesterday in EB…that was just an embarrassing display.Kinda funny actually.

This is funny, because if I was given 1 gold coin for each time I seen a Gandaran pug zerg, with the commander spamming map chat for people to get on TS (because most aren’t) wiping the floor with guild groups I’d have bought myself an eternity by now.

Why would Gandara need to double team when pug groups are slaughtering other servers guild groups? Lawl

in WvW

Posted by: wayuA.9458

wayuA.9458

GH never double team, have half the WvW pop of FSP/PS/Gandara, never nightcap, and still put up a fair fight. 2nd place is deserved.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Cry me a river please…

With the numbers put out each week and the amount of decent Commanders that tag to take pug zergs across each map adding weight to the established guild groups, there is little time or desire to double team anyone. Why would Gandara need to??
FSP on the other hand have had to resort to .. well lets just say “a few” rogue tactics in order to bump their placings on occasion. Shame the week you did put a dent in Gandara (using your invisible haxsters and all) it kinda felt we were on a WvW break, I know I was pretty lethargic with my time within the matchup as were many of the normal tags. But that said you won, well done, but where were those double team tactics to save us???

Simple fact is sometimes servers focus on other servers in order to kick off the matchup, raise their PPT and put some distance between them and their perceived main rivals, when that happens other servers might think to take advantage and also steal towers from you.. what’s wrong in that.. at least you get to see who is attacking you and have the opportunity to fight back….

in WvW

Wicked.5479

saying gandara won by only doubleteamed is just silly, gandara has been the strongest in silver league by far, prolly mid gold range.
having fought against gandara probably 7/9 weeks i did have the feeling the hackershennanigans, which 99% of us cant do anything about and WILL NOT ABUSE, have been such a negative influence that they forget that we have 99% of the people that worked day and night to get to second place, and that hearing we do not deserve second place just because of a few stupid hackers (which every server has, ours just isnt been caught yet) really stings.
Gunnars has been a formidable foe this week so far and shows that it can compete in tier 1 from silver league. HOWEVER: they are at the same point total of FSP/PS/AM while only once being in tier 1, while the forementioned have been rotating the past 8 weeks.
im NOT blaming this on gunnars, im blaming it on anets stupid scoringsystem.

@Bloodstealer: “But that said you won, well done, but where were those double team tactics to save us???”

on the last day Abbadon was opening our towers on our BL and then moving on to let Gandara cap.
which was in their best interrest aswell for us to place second, and that it was most likely unplanned.
it DID happen however.

(edited by Wicked.5479)

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

saying gandara won by only doubleteamed is just silly, gandara has been the strongest in silver league by far, prolly mid gold range.
having fought against gandara probably 7/9 weeks i did have the feeling the hackershennanigans, which 99% of us cant do anything about and WILL NOT ABUSE, have been such a negative influence that they forget that we have 99% of the people that worked day and night to get to second place, and that hearing we do not deserve second place just because of a few stupid hackers (which every server has, ours just isnt been caught yet) really stings.
Gunnars has been a formidable foe this week so far and shows that it can compete in tier 1 from silver league. HOWEVER: they are at the same point total of FSP/PS/AM while only once being in tier 1, while the forementioned have been rotating the past 8 weeks.
im NOT blaming this on gunnars, im blaming it on anets stupid scoringsystem.

@Bloodstealer: “But that said you won, well done, but where were those double team tactics to save us???”

on the last day Abbadon was opening our towers on our BL and then moving on to let Gandara cap.
which was in their best interrest aswell for us to place second, and that it was most likely unplanned.
it DID happen however.

When a zerg multiple times captures a structure that has its gate open and there is no visible siege than yes you are abusing it. No siege is a dead giveaway as a defending side will not leave the gate open, yet destroy the siege. The first tower can forgiven as you can never be sure. The second tower can’t really be avoided, but after that you are just as guilty as the ones exploiting.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

The “Rightful Rankings” are exactly what they are in game, as per a swiss style everyone placed exactly where they should have.

If two servers tie for any placement they receive the same rewards as the other.

in WvW

Posted by: Epikindinos.9476

Epikindinos.9476

Personally I have massive respect to most of the guilds in FSP and Gandara, and I know for sure that these guilds wouldn’t take advantage of these idiots hacking. (Never seen them taking advantage of it when they were facing us anyway).
But can someone explain to me why FSP are so frustrated and are going crazy to get 2nd place this week since you are GUARANTEED 2nd place (either with League points only, or with Glicko leaderboards)

Commander Jack Da Black/Kindinos[GRTS]
Greek Titans
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

In case of a tie, the “overall” server rankings will be taken into account to determine who is taking the higher place.

So FSP is guaranteed to take second place (unless Gunnar’s Hold manages to beat Gandara in the current matchup, or doubles-triples the score of FSP at the end of the week).

That’s only for match-ups.

The rewards are based on your points and how they rank up. Server glicko-rating has nothing to do with your seasonal rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This is funny, because if I was given 1 gold coin for each time I seen a Gandaran pug zerg, with the commander spamming map chat for people to get on TS (because most aren’t) wiping the floor with guild groups I’d have bought myself an eternity by now.

Why would Gandara need to double team when pug groups are slaughtering other servers guild groups? Lawl

Lol get your facts straight,its what you guys do..Denying it doesnt make it any less true.Like i said,im having fun eventhough youre double teaming hard,i dont care though..Much loot and much laughs~!

in WvW

Wicked.5479

Personally I have massive respect to most of the guilds in FSP and Gandara, and I know for sure that these guilds wouldn’t take advantage of these idiots hacking. (Never seen them taking advantage of it when they were facing us anyway).
But can someone explain to me why FSP are so frustrated and are going crazy to get 2nd place this week since you are GUARANTEED 2nd place (either with League points only, or with Glicko leaderboards)

nah its just the vocal minority thats so loud that it might look we are all insane.
i dont mind sharing second place at all, as long as it IS second place
in theory GH could overtake FSP by winning this week and FSP placing 3rd.
and since Gandara isnt trying that hard anymore since they allready won, it is still a possibility that we need to take in account.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Lol get your facts straight,its what you guys do..Denying it doesnt make it any less true.Like i said,im having fun eventhough youre double teaming hard,i dont care though..Much loot and much laughs~!

Right we all believe you don’t care.. yet curious why something you don’t care about warranted your need to come to the forums and whine about your pie in the sky notions.. look closer to home for a better comparative insight into what spoils matchups.. then you can grab an oar and sail off down that river of tears

in WvW

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings,

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created new spaces online for Match-ups and other off-topic discussions, so it would be best to talk to the other players on your server to find out best where they plan and discuss