in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We have had quite a few threads posted about Pips over the last few days. In order to keep things organized, let’s use this single thread to discuss the topic moving forward.

You may have noticed that a few threads were merged a day or so ago. Unfortunately, some of those covered very different aspects of the topic of Pips, and as a result of the merge, a certain amount of confusion has arisen. I apologize for the confusion that the merge caused, and hope that with this one feedback thread, all sorts of comments will make sense in the big picture.

If you’re responding directly to a comment, feel free to use the quote feature to make that clear, or lead your post with a few words about the specific sub-topic you’re discussing.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Fifth.8169

Fifth.8169

A persons WVW rank should not be used for pip acquisition. The rewarding of pips should be fair and equally rewarding to all participants.

+1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619)
+2 Silver WvW Rank (620-1394)
+3 Gold WvW Rank (1395-2544)
+4 Platinum WvW Rank (2545-4094)
+5 Mithril WvW Rank (4095-6444)
+6 Diamond WvW Rank (6445-9999)
+7 Max WvW Rank (10000)

This is extremely wrong and the most unfair component in the reward system in all of GW2. If this is the case I should be recieving more pips in pvp based on my rank and more gold and rares in pve based on my AP. Extremely discriminating this is . Please make it an avg amount of pips given to all players all remove this entirely. It is immoral and discriminates against new players. Whoever did this needs to give me an explanation. A very good one of why your choosing to discriminate other players.

=====
This user makes a stronger argument ; Posted for visibility-

The main issue isn’t that higher ranks earn rewards faster. The issue is that, at the lower end, the total time to complete the reward track for an average player is too much even for extensive playtimes. Getting high rank should be a marginal increase in speed. In contrast right now higher rank is significantly involved in whether a player has to play 10, 20, or 40 hours in a week.

Looking at my pip gain in silver—between 33% and 50% of my total pips are due to my rank. If I was in gold I would be earning over 50% of my pips from my rank. I also play a fair bit on outnumbered maps because I solo and group roam more often than not to support my team. The largest pip gains are outnumbered (largest share of pips earned) followed by slightly less pips from rank.

The problem is multiplicative. I get 2 pips per tick at silver. In the time a bronze player earns 60, I earn 120. Gold earns 180. Platinum earns 240.

The reward track assumes players will earn “enough” pips at a certain playtime per day.

3 pips per tick is 40.27 hours
5 pips per tick is 24.16 hours
7 pips per tick is 16.9 hours
9 pips per tick is 13.42 hours

Roughly 10 hours of WvW per week to max out rewards seems reasonable. Maybe even up to 15. So in the 8-10 pips per tick range. Say you average 2 for skirmish position, 1 for loyalty, 2 for rank and 2 on average for being outnumbered sometimes. If even a middle ranked player can’t max out the rewards in a reasonable period of time there is a problem.

Not all players should max out the reward track each week. But low rank players need to see middle rank players maxing out rewards within a reasonable time as a incentive to rank up. It is hardly good motivation to tell a new player “if you just get 2000 ranks you can maybe max out the rewards in a week if you play 8 hours.”

I also think it is poor manners to tell other players how they need to suck it up when the higher ranked players can get full rewards merely playing 8 hours and everyone else has to play two to three times as long. There is a legitimate problem here.

(edited by Fifth.8169)

in WvW

Posted by: Somethingnew.7528

Somethingnew.7528

I agree somewhat, my account hasnt hit 100 yet (I have few hours in the week to play and after dailies there isnt much free time). Getting a 1 pip total each period is soul destroying (yes Im on a weak matchup and when I can play its a weak time for the server). Even making it to complete wooden would take more hours than I have unless I go searching out the outnumbered bonus. Seeing someone get up to 7 times the reward that I do for doing the same thing seems pretty unfair.

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

It’s not discrimination. It is rewarding those who’ve played wvw for years. Why should new players, who might leave wvw altogether when they have their rewards, get the same amount of pips as those loyal to the game mode?

I welcome everyone new to wvw, and hope you find it fun, but you have to earn your ranks and rewards like the rest of us. Wvw has been neglected for ages, so it is past time for those of us playing this game mode to get something from it.

Please remember, someone else’s rank doesn’t take away from your fun and rewards. Stick with wvw and you’ll get there soon enough yourself!

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Fifth.8169

Fifth.8169

It’s not discrimination. It is rewarding those who’ve played wvw for years. Why should new players, who might leave wvw altogether when they have their rewards, get the same amount of pips as those loyal to the game mode?

I welcome everyone new to wvw, and hope you find it fun, but you have to earn your ranks and rewards like the rest of us. Wvw has been neglected for ages, so it is past time for those of us playing this game mode to get something from it.

Please remember, someone else’s rank doesn’t take away from your fun and rewards. Stick with wvw and you’ll get there soon enough yourself!

Your post is the very essence of discrimination. You played WVW those years ago for what is was back then and you gained numerous hours of game-play and enjoyment. Giving you EXTRA rewards literally every 5 minute tick is too much. Rewarding extra for the content you enjoyed in the past is wrong. You have already had a head start on the achievement points and so giving you permanent boost in your pips is simply outlandish. .

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Take away account wide gold find, and magic find by an extension of that logic. It discriminates against new players. Nodes in home instances? Also a no no. Unfair.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

Take away account wide gold find, and magic find by an extension of that logic. It discriminates against new players. Nodes in home instances? Also a no no. Unfair.

100% this
Heaven forbid you deserve any kind of reward for spending your time achieving high ranks in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Good to see pve entitlement is alive and well.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

100% this
Heaven forbid you deserve any kind of reward for spending your time achieving high ranks in WvW.

The irony is that it still takes 20 hours to max out tickets for the week at high ranks. Meanwhile in pve it takes 3 hours to max Magnetite Shards or w.e. in raids.

RIP

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Your post is the very essence of discrimination. You played WVW those years ago for what is was back then and you gained numerous hours of game-play and enjoyment. Giving you EXTRA rewards literally every 5 minute tick is too much. Rewarding extra for the content you enjoyed in the past is wrong. You have already had a head start on the achievement points and so giving you permanent boost in your pips is simply outlandish. .

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hey i also dont like legendary armor in raids, fractal skins in fractals, that PvE players make more gold.

Also i hated when students studied before tests to get good grades when i just want good grades.

Also if your using the word discrimination like this wouldnt that mean that WvW players have been discriminated for like 5 years !!!!!!!!!

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

wow you were so much better then i was +1

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

Your logic is seriously flawed. Let me help: you didn’t invest in the wvw game mode and now you want instant gratification. Since you cant get that, no one should have it.

I’m going to pop into PVE now, I get insta raid armor, right? Insta map completion? Oh, I don’t? Well darn, guess I will have to put in some effort! The horror! Call the ACLU!

Edit: you could have had 2 ranks in the time it took you to complain here. If you’re on EBay msg me and we can get you ranks.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

(edited by Blodeuyn.2751)

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Getting a couple extra pips based on rank would be fine, but the current spread is too much given the high ranks are also likely to have bandwagonned to a blob server and have stacked up rewards.

The spread should be a maximum of 4 points for rank, 1 below rank 2000, 2 for 2-6k, 3 for 6k -9999, 4 for max rank.

That would reward the average wvw player on a fair basis- although number of pips for each chest might need adjustment.

As a guide, logged in tonight and saw 30-40 q’s on all BL’s, so didn’t bother as my time is limited. I might complete a wooden box before reset this week.

The disparity between a losing server mid rank (4 points) and a winning server high rank (10 points) isn’t really an encouragement to play.

After a while I will forget about it, but in the meantime will treat it as it is: a sticking plaster over the problems that really exist in wvw and will resurface in a few weeks.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: tuvok.7806

tuvok.7806

Also i hated when students studied before tests to get good grades when i just want good grades.

Also if your using the word discrimination like this wouldnt that mean that WvW players have been discriminated for like 5 years !!!!!!!!!

This exactly.

It’s like these students prepared for said tests. Hmmm, haven’t ANET been telling us for what seems like over a year about skirmishes and changes to WvW? It became a running joke, “Skirmishes LOL”. But when it finally came out, you PvE’rs are crying that you didn’t prepare? Why didn’t you rank up when they said skirmishes were coming? It’s like you guys weren’t PREPARED for this test even when devs told you way in advance and now you’re crying about it not being fair?

in WvW

Posted by: Felipe.1807

Felipe.1807

Hey i also dont like legendary armor in raids, fractal skins in fractals, that PvE players make more gold.

You missing the point…nobody here wanna get T2/3 armor or Legendary Backpack without doing some hard work, most people are fine with it, but the problem here is that the way that the reward system works right now, its clearly unfair to some % of the playerbase, and that its not okay.
You say you want Legendary Armor and Fractals Skins? Well go do fractals and raids, and you know what, your progresse aint gonna be slowed down because you havent invested “X” hours on PvE…if we both start doing any of those activities, playing the same hours a day, in the end of the week, we gonna be at the same point, which its not true if we talk about WvW now.
Also, dont forget that WvW players no longer have to go to PvE to unlock dungeons skins, ascended trinkets(why a WvW player need ascended gear, considering that was made just for high level fractals?), cultural armor(way cheaper then on PvE), story exclusive gear that should be unlocked by the achivements(only need to do the story episode and do the reward track), etc.
The thing is people like you have no real arguments, is just the same old “I played longer so I deserve more rewards”, when no other game mode follow that same philosophy.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Exactly.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

The amount of whining and entitlement is incredible. It’s truly horrible you actually have to play the game mode to get your rewards. The amount of time you need to put into the game mode to get ticket rewards is a fraction of what vets have already put in. In addition, nothing is preventing you from popping some boosters and leveling very quickly (an option not available to vets years ago).

Anet made a great decision with the pip reward system and I hope it stays. I really hope they don’t cave to the gimmie gimmie now now now people that won’t be around anyways once they get the shiny they want.

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

Also, dont forget that WvW players no longer have to go to PvE to unlock dungeons skins, ascended trinkets(why a WvW player need ascended gear, considering that was made just for high level fractals?),

I wasn’t going to post until I saw this gold. WvW is probably the most important game mode to consider stat wise with build diversity. Ascended gear allows us to swap stats, gives us armor with the highest stats, and even in cases reset stats or whatnot. Our zerk set cannot suit the play style of every profession like it can in PvE.

Legendary armor or stat selectable armor would most benefit WvW players over the 2% of the PvE players who would actually get it, since that is not the case ascended armor is the next best thing.

As for the topic in general, sure it sucks I may not get as many pips only because I’m a silver legend but gives me incentive to continue to play and pop boosters as I’m almost gold. It’s taken me two years to get to 1275 ish so I have no sympathy for you newer players who just want it handed to you. I cannot even get the t3 armor after two years of playing which sucks but hey its incentive. We’ve played for years upon years with no incentive and rewards so the fact you cannot walk into our realm and acquire shinies like we can in yours is justified.

(edited by SgtOVERKILL.4701)

in WvW

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

This post is a gold mine for schadenfreude. IMO well deserving. For years pvers put down wvw saying it’s not a real game mode. You guys expect the wvw community to have sympathy for you?

Here’s a little tip that also works well IRL: Be kind to people on your way up. You might see them on your way down.

in WvW

Posted by: Felipe.1807

Felipe.1807

Also, dont forget that WvW players no longer have to go to PvE to unlock dungeons skins, ascended trinkets(why a WvW player need ascended gear, considering that was made just for high level fractals?),

I wasn’t going to post until I saw this gold. WvW is probably the most important game mode to consider stat wise with build diversity. Ascended gear allows us to swap stats, gives us armor with the highest stats, and even in cases reset stats or whatnot. Our zerk set cannot suit the play style of every profession like it can in PvE.

No, ascended gear was introduced because of Fractals, and there its the only place where you actually trully need it, or theres other place where you need agony resistence that i am not aware off? Also ascended cant swap stats, thats legendary stuff…if you want to change stats you will have to take to the mystic forge.
I dont really get what are you trying to say in the end, you assuming that i am a PvE player only? if thats the case, no, you are wrong yet again, I play all the game modes with a little more focus on PvP and then WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

There’s nothing wrong with that, but I would really appreciate it if we saw a baseline Pip or 2 given to every player at every tick, and its mostly geared towards the lower ranked players.

Like you said, a low ranked player can be gaining only 1 or 2 pips every tick, making earning even the simple wooden chest to be a far larger chore than it ever should be. Increasing everyone’s pip gain by adding a baseline pip or two would make it a lot more comparable for newer players to get those chests, while still awarding having a high rank.

Though I do think that rewarding higher ranks with more pips has a serious flaw. It absolutely trivializes getting the loyalty bonus for higher ranked players. Considering that the loyalty bonus is supposed to be server loyalty, and not game mode loyalty, it doesn’t make sense for anyone to be able to earn that significantly easier than other players. I don’t understand why a new player should have to hit up to 100 ticks throughout the week each week to keep their loyalty bonus, while a player with a higher WvW rank would only have to hit up to 20 ticks each week to keep the loyalty (assuming both on the same server, and higher ranked player at Mithril rank). Considering the nature of the loyalty bonus, it doesn’t make sense to make it so much more trivial for some players to reach than other playerrs.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I don’t think its inherently wrong to give more rewards to the longer playing players. I also think its good that they gave rank some form of meaning other than a stupid pointless number.

That said, I don’t support the pip system as is. The caps on tickets. The 16 week grind. The limiting returns. I don’t think the grind is fair for new players. I don’t think its fair for old players.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Don’t forget to remove all AP rewards too. Giving unique skins and gems to people that invest in the game for the past 4+ years? That is discriminating the ones that just started and cant reach those 30k AP in one month. Even more considering that some are not even available anymore.

Ah, and remove all rewards based on HoH from the original GW. That is discriminating people that never had the time to play that game and don’t have time for it now. Unfair that they cant have those skins or tittles.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Also remove agony from fractals so anyone can do high lvls, including new people.

I also want that sloth wurm tonic thing so I think they should lower the rewards for that because I want it and I find them too expensive.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

really where is the reward for retroactive dedication in pve or spvp? I’d say wvw are the entitled ones acting like they deserve this.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

really where is the reward for retroactive dedication in pve or spvp? I’d say wvw are the entitled ones acting like they deserve this.

Having full ascended gear, something you could not possible get through WvW before. Which funny enough also meant that dedication in pve gave you an advantage in WvW.
Unlike for years through pve dedication, WvW dedication does not give players an advantage in either WvW or PvE, It merely gives them access to some unique skins and the same gear that has been available in PvE for quite a while now.

The OP is complaining that having a higher rank gives better rewards and that is unfair, and unheard of in GW2. I guess the guy never heard of FotM. New guilds are decidingly at a disadvantage compared to old guilds in terms of developing their guild hall and the rewards that gives. New players will have missed Story updates, which if not unlocked within a few weeks of comming out require Gems to unlock.

Basicly he is complaining that new players are not on the same level as people who’ve been here for years. Which for an mmo is just asinine. Throwing around hard accusations of ‘discrimination’ to make the whole affair seem even worse than it really is.

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

Please make it an avg amount of pips given to all players all remove this entirely. It is immoral and discriminates against new players. Whoever did this needs to give me an explanation. A very good one of why your choosing to discriminate other players.

Basically you should learn the difference between discrimination and reward

The only other way (in keeping with other game modes) to reward higher rank players would have been to have an increasing rank requirement for every single piece of armor and weapon, ending in the Legendary backpack, which i’m sure even fewer people would have liked.

It would have also had the exact same effect ‘oh no higher rank people will get all the stuff before me’

(edited by Fade.5904)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

If you really have a hard on for this gear, and are really kittening about a small group of people who are getting a couple more pips, then just transfer to a low pop server and play outmanned; you’ll get +5. Or, you could try playing, be part of the solution, join the team, get in ts, join a guild, whatever, so that you’re placing 1st and get +2 pips.

Seriously, common. What a joke the OP is

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It’s not unfair nor discriminating. It’s there to reward those who played this game mode with lackluster loot while you and your pve buddies were drowning in it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

How is it not fair? You are perfectly capable of raising your rank yourself to get extra pips.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Out of all the cries that has ever plagued this game this is absolutely the most daring one. I can’t believe anyone would have the nerv to complain that dedicated players to a game mode get rewards faster…
This is absolutely infuriating. Go cry to your mamas crybabies

Rewarding players for dedication is exactly how a game should be developed, this is the one aspect of this system that is absolutely perfect, and you should be ashamed to even consider posting this

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

If you really have a hard on for this gear, and are really kittening about a small group of people who are getting a couple more pips, then just transfer to a low pop server and play outmanned; you’ll get +5. Or, you could try playing, be part of the solution, join the team, get in ts, join a guild, whatever, so that you’re placing 1st and get +2 pips.

Low pop servers are linked: it’s not been possible to find an outmanned map since reset on my server…

Your other solution is basically saying : join a bandwagon server so your placing first. Last time I looked the top 5 EU servers were all ‘full’ so that’s not going to work either.

The only real issue with pips is the spread between average rank and bandwagonned ranks in terms of pips is too large and needs a tweak. that would still give a bonus to higher ranks but not to the extent of 2.5 times more between a mid rank 2000+ and max rank for doing less work.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

There is a big difference between being rewarded for your dedication and literally getting rewards up to 7 times as fast.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

There is a big difference between being rewarded for your dedication and literally getting rewards up to 7 times as fast.

-There’s currently 14 people ACTUALLY eligible for the “7 times” as fast
-It’s an incredibly long term goal, most people and even rather dedicated ones are at 2~3 pips extra over new people
-For the love of god stop whining about how fast other people get rewards and focus on you getting them. if you want the backpack so much go play the game and rank up. It’s like kindergarden in this thread

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in WvW

Posted by: truliy.3509

truliy.3509

having a higher rank doesn’t give you better rewards. it just gives you the same ones faster. deal with it until anet gives in.

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

There is no discrimination here. The extra pips are a reward earned for time spend playing, whether in EotM or WvW. I could have more ranks if I karma trained EotM too, but that is no fun for me, so I didn’t.

Trying to restrict other people’s rewards that they worked hard to earn is what’s wrong here. Not only that; you’re shooting yourself in the foot in the long run if you were to keep playing.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: TenthLife.5724

TenthLife.5724

I play wvw exclusively and tbh, these so called “rewards” are nothing more than fluff.
You get pips, sure – woopidoo.. You get “loot” which is just like it´s always been, a bag filled with more crap to fill up your inventory slots with.
No one is forcing anyone to go after the silly skins that look more or less like crap and if you´ve played wvw for a while you probably have a or a few ascended sets already through crafting and very random drops.

4+ years of gw2 and never even seen a precursor. Omg that´s so unfair! xD
Oh and i get a few more superduper rewarding “pips”, so what? Go out there and earn/rank up whatever instead of soiling the forums with your useless banter.

in WvW

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

Giving bonus pips based on wvw rank is pretty ridiculous.

Imagine if spvp bonus pips were not given based on your division but on your spvp rank. Why would a bronze division pleb with rank 350 earn 3 times more reward for the same amount of time than a platinum player with rank 50.

That’s how wvw bonus pip works. Being high rank means absolutely nothing other than yes, you played the gamemode for a long time. Having a high wvw rank doesn’t mean you’re useful, it doesn’t mean you actually know how to play the game, it doesn’t mean you’re better or have more worth than a bronze wvw player. Giving more pips and so more rewards to high ranked players for the exact same amount of time is ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Xarfai.8471

Xarfai.8471

I don t think the problem is, that veteran players get more points. I think the problem is, that new players may only get one point per tick if they are unlucky.

They could easily fix this my doubling the pips for rank placement and loyalty… So even the new players would get at least 4 pips per tick and the veterans would still earn more points…

I think the average player maybe gains 5-6 pips per tick atm and has to play 3 hr everyday to get through the chests. Thats way to much time for the low amount of tickets they contain…

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Okay so as a 90% WvW player let me share my PoV.

While i disagree highly with alot of new PvE people who jus twant quick rewards i also somewhat agree.

The pip / ticket aquisation seems pretty hard to balance, some wvw players would also love more rewards for kills, but french & spanish servers would just run even more than they do already and make the game even more boring, extra pips / tickets for objectives would promote even more karma train and make people avoid fights again.

Outnumbered buff should all together be removed, while i understand the idea behind it to reward players on outnumbered maps – let’s be honest 99% of people just afk for more pips. Maybe change it that on outnumbered maps u actually have to do events.

Shared participation should also be removed, the amount of grief and rage i encountered because people want to leech is ridiculous.

In general i can also say the time gate behind the backpiece is not a problem at all. 15 weeks seems fine to keep people motivated (we wvw players will continue anyway).

how ever the time needed to be able to get the weekly cap of tickets is ridiculous even as a WvW veteran. If u mainly play WvW u’l lstill need an average of 2hours a day in active WvW. For people wh owork they will be stuck in Q for ~ 1h first. And thats for ppl at rank 2,5k+. New people got absolute no chance for max rewards and need between 20-40hours max a week of ACTIVE WvW. This is literally irresponsible.
New people will just leave again because it simply takes TOO long.

I would take a look at the pip distribution and increase it, because it doesnt matter if people who are like rank 5k-10k be done with weekly caps in 5h total because thos are the people who will keep playing wvw anyway, but the system must be adjusted to keep the new people in WvW.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think the average player maybe gains 5-6 pips per tick atm and has to play 3 hr everyday to get through the chests. Thats way to much time for the low amount of tickets they contain…

The average player is rank 49, according to GW2E. The average player with 4000h+ playtime is 469.

The average player is earning 2-4 pips per tick.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

You missing the point…nobody here wanna get T2/3 armor or Legendary Backpack without doing some hard work, most people are fine with it, but the problem here is that the way that the reward system works right now, its clearly unfair to some % of the playerbase, and that its not okay.
You say you want Legendary Armor and Fractals Skins? Well go do fractals and raids, and you know what, your progresse aint gonna be slowed down because you havent invested “X” hours on PvE…if we both start doing any of those activities, playing the same hours a day, in the end of the week, we gonna be at the same point, which its not true if we talk about WvW now.
Also, dont forget that WvW players no longer have to go to PvE to unlock dungeons skins, ascended trinkets(why a WvW player need ascended gear, considering that was made just for high level fractals?), cultural armor(way cheaper then on PvE), story exclusive gear that should be unlocked by the achivements(only need to do the story episode and do the reward track), etc.
The thing is people like you have no real arguments, is just the same old “I played longer so I deserve more rewards”, when no other game mode follow that same philosophy.

But you didnt put the same amount of of time in WvW.

I put time in before there were rankings, i was playing the orbs at the top of the map and i still have my pearls from the quaggans.

That aside PvE makes alot more gold and takes alot less time period.

My guild used to run dungeons, all but CM. We could finish 2 dungeons paths from 6 of the dungeons a hour. That was around 120+ tokens and 15+ gold in a little over a hour. You realize that for the longest time gold actually costed us WvW players money? Having to buy siege, upgrade keeps with 5-10+ gold a upgrade.

There is nothing stopping you or any other player from getting a WvW item. You can get them all, I and my 2 running mates the past 4-5 nights have been getting between 4-10 levels a night. I was 900 5 days ago and now im almost 920.

Im not even running with a zerg, its our own 3 man party taking camps, defending camps and towers.

I dont understand why you think its unfair. For instance i use to PvP alot, i was on a PvP team and competed in the AG tournament. I was in Plat 2 and finished Plat 1 in S5.

In PvP if there is a TOL tournament, if i make the top 250 ( i was in the top 175 in S5 at one point) i will get a exclusive title/ reward from PvP.

All that happened in PvP was Anet caved to make everything easier for PvE players. If you guys complain enough maybe Anet will cave to this too.

But you cant sit here and complain when its simply time you are upset about. WvW players put in alot of time when there was no rewards. They got the ability to get rewards tracks but it still takes alot of time.

To shove it back in WvW face again, PvE makes 10000 X more gold then WvW players. I ran T4 fracs last week and made 20 gold not including elite drops. Ive made 8 gold in WvW for 5 days.

Anet caters to the casual so you can keep trying but im just saying its not unfair, not even a little.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Low pop servers are linked: it’s not been possible to find an outmanned map since reset on my server…

Your other solution is basically saying : join a bandwagon server so your placing first. Last time I looked the top 5 EU servers were all ‘full’ so that’s not going to work either.

The only real issue with pips is the spread between average rank and bandwagonned ranks in terms of pips is too large and needs a tweak. that would still give a bonus to higher ranks but not to the extent of 2.5 times more between a mid rank 2000+ and max rank for doing less work.

You can come to my server, it gets [Outnumbered] fairly often throughout the day on all maps :P

in WvW

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

yes, it is discrimination.

Veteran players should be awarded, but no in this maner that they get more for doing the same of new ones.
A good maner to put a reward for veteran ones is like achievements system, make a armor skin (wvw xclusive) unlockable by ranks: you get a certain rank you unlock a piece of armor or weapon.

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

So you want to gain equal amount of advantage with someone who played the game mode for long hours unlike you? Friend, are you a total turtlepower? Wvw players gained enjoyment and fun through these hours? Well kitten me! Ok then let me have the same legendaries, gold, AP, map completion and jumping puzzle rewards as a pve player.

It is silly? Why? Why should I be discriminated for not playing the game mode for all these years? Why should you get better achievement chests for having more AP?

Most pve players wish to get the bloody backpack and leave immediately. You are not interested in the game mode, but only in the reward. As most pve players inform me very gently; If you want ascended set, you should farm. (As if you want the backpack, you should play).

You should learn the game mode, builds, roaming and zerg tactics, what food and upgrades you should have, which point obstructs your opponent, which puts you in a disadvantage.

On the other hand If I had a word in this, I would give every player the bloody backpack and let wvw be wvw again. I do not know about other servers but mine became a horrid wvw spamfest against way bigger mother blobs.

Long story short; " ta-ta"

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I think what everyone here is missing is the most important point to the reward system.

It’s not that veteran WvW players get rewards faster, which they should, it’s the fact that the rewards take a long time to get for everyone. FOR A GOOD REASON.

WvW has been dying, slowly dying.

When Anet made the rewards take a long time it was done so that by the time the new WvW players got the reward they would actually like WvW and play WvW not for the rewards but because it’s fun. Map completion in WvW used to do this but there was so much complaints from the PvE crowd that was completely removed from the Gift of Exploration.

EotM was ruined by the players when they found out that they could get WvW ranks, level up characters faster and get the all important Gift of Battle by just running around in a circle and flipping everything, never fighting a single player in a PvP map. It got so bad that there were guilds formed just to organize this.

Anet has had three tournaments which gave rewards based upon participation. Tons of PvE players flooded the maps, got their achievements, AND THEN LEFT. After each tournament the WvW population dropped, permanently. If Anet made the rewards for the armor easy to get the same thing would happen. If you are complaining about how the reward system in WvW is you only need to look at yourselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Did you play wvw since 2012 ? If no,than why are you complaining ? Anet stated they wanted to reward players keeping wvw alive all this time while it was in a steady decline.

Amazing how everything is Discrimination these days and everyone want the same that everyone else has eventhough not having put in the same effort as those..oh my.

in WvW

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

So you want to gain equal amount of advantage with someone who played the game mode for long hours unlike you?

Like everywhere else in the game?
The only execption to that is fractals, but fractals have a way more realistic progression cap, were build with this progression system from the ground up and fractal levels are a way better indicator of player experience than wvw ranks.

Why would a rank 6k+ eotm farmer get more rewards semi-afking than a rank 500 roamer? Why would 2 zergling doing the exact same thing and having the same impact in wvw be not equally rewarded?
Wvw ranks don’t reflect time invested, they don’t reflect skill and they don’t reflect the impact of a player in the current skirmish/matchup. They have no place in a skirmish/matchup related reward system.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Did you play wvw since 2012 ? If no,than why are you complaining ? Anet stated they wanted to reward players keeping wvw alive all this time while it was in a steady decline.

Amazing how everything is Discrimination these days and everyone want the same that everyone else has eventhough not having put in the same effort as those..oh my.

So my close to 3k hours in wvw are worth less because I made them within the first 2 years in opposite to someone who played the same amount over 5 years? Did I not put in the same effort in my playtime?
Why should I get less rewards just because I mained wvw in a time where you couldn’t just ktrain all day long to farm ranks?

As I said before: ranks don’t say anything and as long as the time required to get the rewards is high enaugh to scare off most pve players make it equal to everyone.
If a rank 0 pve player now says the himself “I wanna play wvw every week for the entire year now so that I get this armor” isn’t it much more valuable to have a new player that may even find fun in the gamemode after such a long time? Why would you purposely drive people away who might be willing to now invest the time in this gamemode that has been called dead for years?
Shouldn’t that be worth a lot more than if you get the armor a few months earlier than him?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

I don’t actually care what somebody else gets over me. However, how many of you up in your ivory towers laying into the OP farmed your “hard earned rank” in EoTM? Ask yourself that…

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)