Feel good story in WvW

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello all,

One reason I left PvP for WvW was due to the level of toxicity is less in WvW. Sur eyou get the occasional idiots that jump on dead bodies (even when in an outnumbered situation) or throw siege, laugh, or teabag. It still isn’t as bad as PvP.

I have always tried to WvW with respect. I will /bow at the end of good fights to show this respect.

I may get salty whispers from time to time, however nothing short of amusing when I do get them. Still better than PvP.

Last night, there was a good fight where it was a 2v3 (we were 3) in our camp, and the 2 (DPS reaper and rifle scrapper) did very well. They downed 2 of us, almost 3 (i barely survived) and took out a bunch of NPC’s as well. I did my /bow and got a whisper.

I was expecting a salty whisper but it was an appreciation whisper for showing respect to them. I was floored that someone actually took my /bow for how it was meant. Even made a new friend out of it. Later in the night, /bow a DH that I downed by his zerg (bailed as they were rushing me to rez him), saw him later when I was afk (cleaning inventory) and his zerg was taking the camp i was near. He didnt attack, just jumped around me. I was startled so I bailed, he dropped traps somewhere and I (i knew they were there but forgot?) and triggered them, dropped and he came up to me, waved, then left me to res.

First time(s) I saw mutual respect in WvW. I loved it. Sure i got more bad whispers of salty ppl but those 2 acts were the best things I have experienced (that, and a wicked portal bomb into lords room that I set up a long time ago…that was also awesome).

TL:DR; Some people are morons, and some people are worth the respect you give them in WvW.

Anyone else have any awesome experiences from opposing players?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mirkava.8526

Mirkava.8526

most of the salty replies I got from newbies or unskilled players, this usually happens with players that can’t kill you alone, so whenever u get downed by an outnumbered group or zerg they release the rage lol.
but for me, i don’t really care about the salty stuff, i like the respectful ways ofc, but i don’t really mind those who laughs or /sit or jump or drop siege, i mean this is a game, and getting the enemy kittened is part of the fun, so I just smile -> wp -> and try again.
I got a lot of friends from different servers back when i was in EU and now in NA, though i found NA less salty than EU, probably more mature, or the average age is higher :P
good day

(edited by Mirkava.8526)

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

most of the salty replies I got from newbies or unskilled players, this usually happens with players that can’t kill you alone, so whenever u get downed by an outnumbered group or zerg they release the rage lol.
but for me, i don’t really care about the salty stuff, i like the respectful ways ofc, but i don’t really mind those who laughs or /sit or jump or drop siege, i mean this is a game, and getting the enemy kittened is part of the fun, so I just smile -> wp -> and try again.
good day

Im the same way. We can’t win all of our fights, especially those that are still learning to not over-extend (like me lol…ill never learn)

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

most of the salty replies I got from newbies or unskilled players

Its like its always from the people who seem to think they are more skilled than everyone they face. And its always when they lose a 1v1. For me its mostly been from Gold+ players – and a large majority are Warriors and Mesmers xD

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

most of the salty replies I got from newbies or unskilled players

Its like its always from the people who seem to think they are more skilled than everyone they face. And its always when they lose a 1v1. For me its mostly been from Gold+ players – and a large majority are Warriors and Mesmers xD

Mine seem to be mostly from condi builds (mainly mes/engi) and not that you mention it, most were gold and above, from what I remember

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Hello all,

One reason I left PvP for WvW was due to the level of toxicity is less in WvW. Sur eyou get the occasional idiots that jump on dead bodies (even when in an outnumbered situation) or throw siege, laugh, or teabag. It still isn’t as bad as PvP.

I have always tried to WvW with respect. I will /bow at the end of good fights to show this respect.

I may get salty whispers from time to time, however nothing short of amusing when I do get them. Still better than PvP.

Last night, there was a good fight where it was a 2v3 (we were 3) in our camp, and the 2 (DPS reaper and rifle scrapper) did very well. They downed 2 of us, almost 3 (i barely survived) and took out a bunch of NPC’s as well. I did my /bow and got a whisper.

I was expecting a salty whisper but it was an appreciation whisper for showing respect to them. I was floored that someone actually took my /bow for how it was meant. Even made a new friend out of it. Later in the night, /bow a DH that I downed by his zerg (bailed as they were rushing me to rez him), saw him later when I was afk (cleaning inventory) and his zerg was taking the camp i was near. He didnt attack, just jumped around me. I was startled so I bailed, he dropped traps somewhere and I (i knew they were there but forgot?) and triggered them, dropped and he came up to me, waved, then left me to res.

First time(s) I saw mutual respect in WvW. I loved it. Sure i got more bad whispers of salty ppl but those 2 acts were the best things I have experienced (that, and a wicked portal bomb into lords room that I set up a long time ago…that was also awesome).

TL:DR; Some people are morons, and some people are worth the respect you give them in WvW.

Those sorts of experiences are few and far between….but yea, I have experienced a few. Makes you smile a lot when it happens. And yea, I always try and show respect after good fights, whether I win or lose.

My most recent experience of that nature didn’t even involve fighting. I was messing around roaming late, late one night several weeks ago….things were pretty slow, so I went out to pick up a few miscellaneous dailies. Was coming up on this enemy sentry, and just before I got to him, noticed this enemy player approaching it as well….we both stopped short of the sentry and waited to see who would attack first….neither of us did, so we both slowly approached the sentry and then killed it together and waited around to get the daily, then backed off and bowed to each other before heading off in our own directions. It was very late, and I was tired….otherwise I probably would have attacked the enemy player…..in the end it was just a nice, unique experience of cooperation(even though we didn’t need to as sentries are ezpz). I got a good chuckle and smile out of it….(the enemy player must have been tired, too….lol)

And fwiw, have also experienced this same sort of thing when taking a camp solo and a solo enemy player has come in and helped…..only has happened a couple times in several years, and has almost always been really, really late.

Fun when it happens, but 98% of the time it is kill or be killed, and then show respect if it was a good battle.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello all,

Those sorts of experiences are few and far between….but yea, I have experienced a few. Makes you smile a lot when it happens. And yea, I always try and show respect after good fights, whether I win or lose.

My most recent experience of that nature didn’t even involve fighting. I was messing around roaming late, late one night several weeks ago….things were pretty slow, so I went out to pick up a few miscellaneous dailies. Was coming up on this enemy sentry, and just before I got to him, noticed this enemy player approaching it as well….we both stopped short of the sentry and waited to see who would attack first….neither of us did, so we both slowly approached the sentry and then killed it together and waited around to get the daily, then backed off and bowed to each other before heading off in our own directions. It was very late, and I was tired….otherwise I probably would have attacked the enemy player…..in the end it was just a nice, unique experience of cooperation(even though we didn’t need to as sentries are ezpz). I got a good chuckle and smile out of it….(the enemy player must have been tired, too….lol)

And fwiw, have also experienced this same sort of thing when taking a camp solo and a solo enemy player has come in and helped…..only has happened a couple times in several years, and has almost always been really, really late.

Fun when it happens, but 98% of the time it is kill or be killed, and then show respect if it was a good battle.

This is what im talking about. I love hearing good stories from WvW. It may be few and far between, however its one reason I love the game mode (and ofc wide scale PvP cause even I still need my PPK’s lol)

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

My experience is when trying to help an out numbered enemy they target me instead for some reason and we both die. Idk…this game…

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

My experience is when trying to help an out numbered enemy they target me instead for some reason and we both die. Idk…this game…

I have been there, done that lol. More often than not what you say is true. There was 1 DD that I kept coming across (and beating) who found me attacking a 3rd server’s chrono and instead of attacking me, he spiked him down and backed off so I got the kill. He then /cheer, waved and bailed to a camp that was mine so I beat him to it (its my camp homie) and he didnt want to fight so he went elsewhere)

Very few times, unless server 2 is bent no beating server 3, im usually focused by both servers lol.

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Call it “fool me twice” if you will, but I take all emotes as a sign of aggression now.

I used to watch enemy lowbies try and do something, even helping them a few times by killing a scout that got em down and then I’d walked away or cheer for them. Now it seems most times those lowbies are bait.

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy the mode, even if I am paranoid while playing half the time.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Feel good story in WvW

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Call it “fool me twice” if you will, but I take all emotes as a sign of aggression now.

I used to watch enemy lowbies try and do something, even helping them a few times by killing a scout that got em down and then I’d walked away or cheer for them. Now it seems most times those lowbies are bait.

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy the mode, even if I am paranoid while playing half the time.

Lol I see you are on SF too (pretty sure I saw ya running around a few times while solo roaming myself)

I haven’t helped anyone with a sentry myself. Helped someone with a camp once (they were a lowbie) as they were dying (3rd servers camp obv). I took out a few NPC’s, they ressed off one of them and I backed off. I /bow (thats my fav emote lol) and bailed. They didnt attack me until I met them at another camp. They tried but I downed them (no stomp) so they could get the res. Got a whisper asking whi I was helpline him so I explained to them that I was just being nice.

He told me not to so I left him. Saw him again at another 3rd server camp and he didn’t do well. They whispered me asking why I didnt help.

Needless to say it was a /facepalm moment, and a L2C (Learn to Cap) moment.