Food/ banners dropped on tactivators

in WvW

Posted by: Fridgemomo.3750

Fridgemomo.3750

I love how certain people have lost respect to a good fight and have gotten so low to now throwing piles of trays of food and banners on downed lords so it is harder to click on them to rez them and same thing on tactivators so you can’t pull the emergency waypoints. Two easy solutions for this are one, no food zones near tactivators and even siege, so trolls cant put siege on it to screw you over too. Second, make a range that only one piece of food can be within a certain distance of another so they can’t throw multiple foods on a downed lord, so you at least have a reasonable chance clicking on the right thing.

So sad that this even has to be a topic and something Anet has to fix, people have gotten so desperate and it is quite a sad thing to see.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Sounds like a good strategy to combat the stupid game mechanics. kitten the tactivators.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Yes, it’s a great tactic when you know the enemy vastly outnumbers you. What better way to delay a blob than to make it difficult to pull the emergency way point.

You don’t win a battle by fighting fairly. Every general will tell you this. I like a good fight like every other commander. But I like to know I have a certain advantage. Good commanders put themselves in an advantageous position to try and obtain victory. What better way than to prevent the sudden arrival of 40+ defenders. Nothing better than the keep flipping just as the enemy blob runs through or up to the gate because they couldn’t port in via the EWP.

OP, WvW is about tactics, tactics, tactics.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Fridgemomo.3750

Fridgemomo.3750

I would love for them to get rid of the tactivators and bring back bannering the lord instead. However with the emergency way point it is easy to farm bags even outnumbered as their is a loading time where they are spawning in when you can hit them and they are defenseless. Seen so many zergs dying when emergency waypointing in.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There should be an option to autoreject trays/feasts if you have a food active

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Emergency bag farm ftw

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m going to assume this is directed at Maguuma because I’ve seen our groups do this a lot on the tactivators in SMC.

While I agree it’s a little cheap, I also agree with the others here, kitten tactivators.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

@OP; this is the thing that makes you sad and makes you lose all hope in humanity?

Well here’s a plot twist: THAT very idea that such a thing would cause such a reaction makes ME sad.

Now the next person can be sad that some1 would get sad from some1 getting sad over something that some1 thought was trivial. Then some1 can be sad the next person was sad over the some1 getting sad over the that something that some1 thought was trivial.

Then some1 can be sad that everyone could be sad from the idea of some1 else’s sadness having any bearing on anothers sadness. Then that one guy can be sad that were all sad….on an emotional level, the one compassionate gal in this conversation.

Disclaimer:
guy=guy=girl=anyone=some1=everyone

Anyways I think its cool that people are utilizing every available tactic at thier disposal in this manner. Let’s face it, the game enabled very little of this tactical strategy work. People using their heads a little outside the box leads to this kind of tactics? I think its a good thing, shows anet we don’t all want to play like sheeple. Problem isn’t people being rude or jerks…..its that they don’t have enough to think about when playing the mode as anet intends.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

You don’t win a battle by fighting fairly. Every general will tell you this. I like a good fight like every other commander. But I like to know I have a certain advantage. Good commanders put themselves in an advantageous position to try and obtain victory. What better way than to prevent the sudden arrival of 40+ defenders. Nothing better than the keep flipping just as the enemy blob runs through or up to the gate because they couldn’t port in via the EWP.

And an even better com knows that true victory comes from outclassing and out skilling your enemy in combat, not by doing anything possible to avoid said fight. (Assuming you are equal numbers ofc) Let them come and enjoy the additional loot.
In wvw there is a difference between getting a “fair” advantage that any side can get like good positioning, movement etc and “unfair” advantages like using 20ac’s in addition or avoiding the enemy in the first place. The latter is what you shouldn’t use.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There is a not assigned keyboard commando, called “select next friend”, probably it works on tactivators as well.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How does using tactivators make it a fair fight. They are gimmicks that have nothing to do with an actual fight.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Heibi.4251

And an even better com knows that true victory comes from outclassing and out skilling your enemy in combat, not by doing anything possible to avoid said fight. (Assuming you are equal numbers ofc) Let them come and enjoy the additional loot.
In wvw there is a difference between getting a “fair” advantage that any side can get like good positioning, movement etc and “unfair” advantages like using 20ac’s in addition or avoiding the enemy in the first place. The latter is what you shouldn’t use.

Sorry to break it to you, most commanders want the EWP blocked when entering a keep. They’ll welcome a force coming through the door and fight it, but not a sudden map queue. You see preventing the use of the EWP IS out “skilling” the enemy. Avoiding a fight isn’t the issue, it’s avoiding a wipe. In keeps the EWP is on inner, so you have to get through 2 walls to reach it. If the enemy hasn’t pulled the EWP before you get in then it’s tough-kitten for them, they were dumb.

In some of the fights we’ve had the enemy runs away even when they outnumber us. They run to a tower or keep and try to get us into siege range. It’s a legit tactic, but a wimpy one. Blocking a EWP isn’t wimpy, btw. Since we’re inside their current structure we want them to have just as hard a time getting to us as we may have had getting through their defenses – that’s only “fair”. We’d rather have a"fair" fight on open ground rather than getting map queued down because we were being “fair” and letting them use the EWP. We aren’t avoiding a fight, we’re delaying it so we can try and take the objective. Remember, if we have “equal” numbers, not all will be fighting the incoming enemy. Some will be taking down the keep lord. So now we aren’t equal.

WvW is about taking objectives and defeating your enemy as quickly as possible. Otherwise we wouldn’t see certain servers running around in 40+ toon blobs.

True Victory(life) is actually: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations(QQ) of their women(commanders).

in WvW

Heibi.4251

On a side note: siege can be destroyed but tactivators cannot.

So in some strange world we shouldn’t destroy siege since it wouldn’t be “fair”, right?

Blocking the tactivators is similar to destroying siege. Think of it that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I actually saw a dragon banner used last week. It’s been some time since I’ve seen one of those used. I thought that was something everyone agreed was bad for the game and stopped using them. I felt pity for the other side’s players who had to play with the banner.

It’s funny how the players prefer vanilla WvW. Maybe we should have a poll about this.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

I actually saw a dragon banner used last week. It’s been some time since I’ve seen one of those used. I thought that was something everyone agreed was bad for the game and stopped using them. I felt pity for the other side’s players who had to play with the banner.

It’s funny how the players prefer vanilla WvW. Maybe we should have a poll about this.

Yep, the server we’re fighting right now used 4 or more today to fight us. They became bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’m going to assume this is directed at Maguuma because I’ve seen our groups do this a lot on the tactivators in SMC.

While I agree it’s a little cheap, I also agree with the others here, kitten tactivators.

Nonsense. My guild has a guy who drove up the price of Feast of Clam Cakes back in Feb-March. Think this is the second or third time I seen someone post about it here.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

better stop complaining and take a bite from that tasty soft saffron bread on top of your emergency waypoint tactivator

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

That’s actually funny.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

How does this actually work? Do you throw down food on top of an enemies tactivator? I thought only your servers could interact with your food?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

How does this actually work? Do you throw down food on top of an enemies tactivator? I thought only your servers could interact with your food?

Generic items like guild banners and food trays can be interacted by any player.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Nope, you can use any food dropped by any player and it’s the same for banners. If it allows any player to interact with it in PVE then you can interact with it in WvW. The only things you can’t use in WvW are the other servers’ siege weapons, tower and keep portals, WPs, tactivators, supply, and spell effects like the mesmer’s portal(one of the few exceptions to the anything you can interact with rule).