Fort Aspenwood

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: DemiGodKlvus.2648

DemiGodKlvus.2648

anybody on Fort Aspenwood can tell me how it is.. im curently on NSP and i dont like it .. i dont mind zerg but the servers seems disorganize asf.. in general im just looking for good fights and a lot WvW guilds if possible

Im Most Likely Better Than You
Just Saying <3

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lillystrasza.9806

Lillystrasza.9806

I actually just recently transferred to Fort Aspenwood from Tarnished Coast after a short bout with Dragonbrand.

Definitely very impressed, people are almost always on TS, Discord is fairly active and there’s usually a tag to run with. Strong server for sure.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

FA is quite nice. NA is active and always someone on. Our SEA/OCX is also active with commanders on home bl and ebg. EU is fairly quiet with pug tags up here and there.

Community resources are always active.

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

FA has always been a legitimate WvW server. Would be a good choice. This coming from a former SoS, current YB player.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Pagan Highlander.5948

Pagan Highlander.5948

I thought Fort Aspenwood was a Great WvW Server though I moved to TC for some friends, especially if you wanted more Guild fights. The guilds work well together, though separately, and they have some really great fight commanders. I also love TC, because We have a lot of fun and we never give up.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’m more curious how you guys are getting into full servers.

I’ve got friends trying to get into SoS and it’s like, permaclosed for some reason.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

More servers were open a few months ago (I believe). Then recently every “host” server that has a pairing was considered full by Anet. I guess they are trying to get people to join the linked servers instead.

By “recently” I assume they mean a few months ago, not last week or anything.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I’ve got friends trying to get into SoS and it’s like, permaclosed for some reason.

I am more curious on how FA stays open when FA got overall more guilds than some “very high” servers. This isn’t unique to FA either, there are some servers like FA too have many guilds.

PS: They aren’t full so I assume you meant how FA isn’t.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

FA is open at Very High currently.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#List_of_worlds

Fire Water Air
FA

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I am more curious on how FA stays open when FA got overall more guilds than some “very high” servers. This isn’t unique to FA either, there are some servers like FA too have many guilds.

The guilds aren’t always large and they’re spread out in different timezones giving FA “just enough” coverage, but not always a 50 man blob to counter servers with blob culture like BG or JQ.

Also FA was Full for like 2 months and only because of an influx of PvE accounts wanting to all try out the new rewards systems. It went back to Very High after the hype died down a bit and 2-3 guilds (maybe around 60 players total) left.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

lel fa has only 3 na guilds. bomb, die and hp.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

You must be NA. SoS is t h i c c during off hours.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

You must be NA. SoS is t h i c c during off hours.

I am. I know we have a strong SEA crew, but it would be nice to have NA friends be able to get in.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Toaly.7243

Toaly.7243

Definitely worth giving it a try. As background, my first ever server was NSP. I felt it was a bit too quiet for my taste other than the occasional Zerg. I then transferred to Blackgate which I felt was too populated. For about 2 years now I’ve been on Fort Aspenwood and I have no intention to switch. I switched back then because of a guild I was part of. Solo and small scale roaming feels pretty good and Zergs are usually organized with everyone being on Discord or TS. Hope that helps!

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Really? Do you queue 4 maps on reset?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

The place is cancer. Transfer to Maguuma.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

~ Kovu

When was FA not Cancer? Maybe like 3 years ago? And from what I heard last night (4 people that are on FA) it has got even worse int he past couple of months…

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I’m a FA solo-roamer mostly, but I’ll support my WvW guild activities when I can. There are lots of friendly WvW guilds available to join for various timezones who will run anything from “GvG” to havoc, to small man roamer teams.

I can also count on other FA roamers to hold their own and be effective in a brawl more often than not.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

~ Kovu

When was FA not Cancer? Maybe like 3 years ago? And from what I heard last night (4 people that are on FA) it has got even worse int he past couple of months…

Curious as to examples of why? We talking Team Chat? Prevalent community members?

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I’m kidding. My main is on FA and I quite enjoy the atmosphere during the times I play (PST & early OCX).
From what I’m told sometimes there’s a bit of drama during NA, but those kitten stirrers exist on most of the servers.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

~ Kovu

Curious as to examples of why? We talking Team Chat? Prevalent community members?

I’m kidding. My main is on FA and I quite enjoy the atmosphere during the times I play (PST & early OCX).
From what I’m told sometimes there’s a bit of drama during NA, but those kitten stirrers exist on most of the servers.

~ Kovu

FA is not cancer because it does not suck away other resources for its own growth.

FA is rather healthy.

Fire Water Air
FA

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I have enjoyed being paired with them. They are a bit too strong for T2 and not nearly strong enough for T1. Basically you get a good week of fights but a bit lopsided and then buried by zergs on BG the next. The core still shows up for the BG massacres which is more than most servers can muster.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

queue on reset because pugs and guilds that play once a week =/= wvw guilds

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Malerian.8435

~ Kovu

All of the above. It was at one time a great community. But it was very toxic when I left. And I have heard it has gotten a lot worse. People I know there have expressed this several times as of late. This is of course my experience with FA. Maybe others do not see it that way. Anyway much happier and have much better fights where my guild is now.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

~ Kovu

All of the above. It was at one time a great community. But it was very toxic when I left. And I have heard it has gotten a lot worse. People I know there have expressed this several times as of late. This is of course my experience with FA. Maybe others do not see it that way. Anyway much happier and have much better fights where my guild is now.

I see the same 5 or 6 names in Team Chat talking nonsense. If you put those people on an ignore list, the team/map chat is filled with scouting, callouts, requests for help/tags, general friendly chatter, etc. But I assume this is the same on every server.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Malerian.8435

~ Kovu

I see the same 5 or 6 names in Team Chat talking nonsense. If you put those people on an ignore list, the team/map chat is filled with scouting, callouts, requests for help/tags, general friendly chatter, etc. But I assume this is the same on every server.

It was more than that for me. I will not go into detail as I do not harbor any ill will towards anyone at all. Just to say I will probably never come back, just left a very bad taste in my mouth so to speak.

I typically try to ignore that chat. 90% of it on any server is crap. I have been on 6 servers since launch the worst were FA and Maag for team chat. But ya Team chat is fairly toxic everywhere.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

queue on reset because pugs and guilds that play once a week =/= wvw guilds

that doesn’t change the fact that FA has tons of people
hod only got 2 queues on reset yet we were full like FA was
unless you are saying your link is fatter than the links given to T4 servers?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)