Gift of Battle Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Valejo.1950

Valejo.1950

And at minimum it takes 10 hours if you get t6 everytime… for real…

in WvW

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

Brother Gilbirt, those badges can be converted to badges of tribute which are highly valuble on the tp.

Where i can do it please?

in WvW

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

You mean I have to actually play WvW for a legendary now? ;_;
Can my AP loot boxes have track progress in them? :P

Ah well, guess I’m spending badges on Fashion Collector skins.
…if I can find a time when WvW doesn’t have a queue. >_>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in WvW

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

The real problem here is that this change was only included in the WvW Rewards Track Beta area and not in the Legendary Weapons area. Plenty of players don’t play WvW enough to track beta changes in massive patch notes, but have plenty of Badges of Honor in preparation of buying the Gift of Battle when they have accumulated much of the rest of a legendary components.

This should have been clearly included in the Legendary Weapons area and I believe this oversight warrants a temporary replacement of the Gift of Battle vendor.

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

Well this is disappointing.. Saved up my badges for nothing now then, and set my craft back weeks.

It would only take you 8.5 hours to finish the line.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Me: Plays a lot of WvW and saves up badges to buy a couple Gifts when the time comes…
Update: Kitten you and your personal life plans, go play again!

If you guys are making such a radical change, might as well give us a couple days to buy the gift for those that ALREADY played enough to buy it. I like the reward track system, what I don’t like is been FORCED to replay part of the content just because you decided to make sudden a change with the currency system!

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

They mentioned at the start of beta that they would remove the gift of battle vendors and add it to the reward tracks once they were out of beta.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Brother Gilbirt, those badges can be converted to badges of tribute which are highly valuble on the tp.

Where i can do it please?

Your guild halls wvw vendor if you have one

in WvW

Posted by: jesters.9406

jesters.9406

I’m in a similar situation as others—I read patch notes but missed the heads-up in part because, as a PvE player whose irl partner is on another server, I don’t WvW so skipped that part of the patch notes.

I don’t think I mind the change overall and I’m sure I’ll get to it once I make a firm choice, but it is a tad frustrating that, like others said, the warning about this wasn’t easy to find. Now I have a bunch of BoH that I’d been hoarding for GoB that are just kind of sitting in my wallet. Boo.

in WvW

Posted by: Seurious.5632

Seurious.5632

I have everything done to make the C & C legendary, except the Gift of Battle. I spent a day playing WvW, and only got to rank 6 with a full winning team. The next week I tried again, knowing I only needed to get to rank 14 to purchase the GoB. Unfortunately, on a non-winning team, only 7 others were with the commander and I only, almost, got 1 level and altogether, from both days, had only 4700/20k done of a reward track. I’ve been waiting for our server to be back on the winning team to begrudgingly continue.

I really don’t like WvW, and would’ve never played it more than 15 minutes if I didn’t need it for the legendary. Now it seems like I never will again if the journey is even further. No legendary for me. And since I’ve completed all HoT zones and killed Mord solo with all 9 professions, and maxed my masteries, there’s nothing else left to do in this game. I have my 9 Gifts of Maguuma, and had a long term goal of creating 9 legendaries, but am really not going to suffer thru 1 more minute of WvW after this change. Thanks.

I do read the patch notes, but just glance at the PvP/WvW ones since I have no interest in competing in them. I missed the coming change, and the announcement that WvW was coming out of beta. I never knew it was beta, but then I’ve only played since the start of HoT and don’t pay much attention to those game modes other than the PvE nerfs as a result of OP PvP skillz.

in WvW

Posted by: Link FTW.4867

Link FTW.4867

Perhaps some may think it is unnecessary, and while I agree, I think this fits better thematically. The implementation is incorrect, in my opinion. Why give random champ bags and molten stuff? Why not give obsideon or mystic coins or things relevant to crafting a legendary or precursor as intermediate rewards or if you do want to keep champ boxes and Tx gemstones why not make them fit better to all of the legendary/precursor weapons and not just Incinerator?

Would very much like to hear the logic behind this choice.

in WvW

Posted by: JesusDrinksLatte.5091

JesusDrinksLatte.5091

This change makes absolutely no sense and only hurts players in the long run. If Anet actually stuck with their philosophy of “getting to the fun faster” they’d know this.

in WvW

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I’m pretty sick of wvw right now. It seems, lately, whenever I go in there it’s all just running around. And then ambushed. And then repeat. It’s pointless and frustrating.
I won’t waste time here going down a list of should have, could have, would have… But that’s also pointless and frustrating. But we’re almost back to where we started: people having to grind a game mode because it’s the only way to get a required material. So sick of it.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Discussing in-game someone pointed out to me, here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016/first#post6122828

WvW—REWARD TRACKS (Beta)
Reward tracks have been added to World vs. World. These are nearly identical to the reward tracks you find in PvP, except that some rewards have been adjusted to be geared toward WvW players. One of the tracks offers players a chance to earn the new WvW-exclusive Triumphant armor set! Also, once the reward tracks feature exits beta testing, the Gift of Battle legendary crafting component will no longer be available as a vendor purchase and will be earned via its own reward track.

Seems like it is our fault for playing the game and missing the small print in the biggest update log ever. Good communication job devs, well done! And I even watch Points of Interest every week, not like I am not following what you guys do…. Screw me anyway, I suppose. =/

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in WvW

Posted by: Slyverine.7081

Slyverine.7081

This change is so crap. Are we forced to join wvw and be active for 10 hours or i don’t know how much it needs to be to get the gift for a legendary?
I was for half an hour trying to def our borderlands and got 200 points! Out of 20000. Iam really disapointed. I don’t have that much time, many other players don’t as well, don’t make the game more grindy that it needs to be! Or greatly buff the reward track to reflect the time of the pvp one, for a medicore player.

p.s: I want to scream in rage i can’t believe it we are forced into another grind , again!

p.s2: Iam not a forum lurker so ofc i haven’t noticed they announced they would do this, they didn’t make it easily known!

(edited by Slyverine.7081)

in WvW

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

so you actually need to play to get gift of battle, whodatunk it? achievement checks give you so many badges you could easily get that, or a commander tag like I did way back just off chests… this was a needed change imo, make people play for the much higher end stuff like legendaries, all part of the journey.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

They DID announce this a few weeks ago.

Upon research it was included in April 19 Patch Notes?

Couldn’t they have made this information more publicly obvious than specific patch notes that came out before I returned to the game?

It was a 1 sentence long “also…” under WvW BETA buried in the lower part of a WALL OF TEXT.

http://i.imgur.com/8Khiq4D.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

WvW is in need of players..

Their linking system wont fix the game, will just try to hide the real issues.

Btw in terms of grind, GW2 is already the most boring grind i have did… and this is from a person that likes asian grind mmo’s, so expect more awfull decision from Anet, i heard they are great at that.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Perhaps some may think it is unnecessary, and while I agree, I think this fits better thematically. The implementation is incorrect, in my opinion. Why give random champ bags and molten stuff? Why not give obsideon or mystic coins or things relevant to crafting a legendary or precursor as intermediate rewards or if you do want to keep champ boxes and Tx gemstones why not make them fit better to all of the legendary/precursor weapons and not just Incinerator?

Would very much like to hear the logic behind this choice.

I agree. Get rid of the molten stuff in the reward track and replace it with smaller items needed to craft a legendary instead. Mystic coins would be great here. It’ll help reduce its ridiculous current price.

(edited by Dragon.8762)

in WvW

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

I myself probably wouldn’t have seen it in those patch notes, but Dulfys summary was much better at making it pop out. I tried to spread the word in map chat, purchased a few for badges for future use and eventually forgot about it.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

My guess is it will take less time to do the reward track than what it took to get the badges.

If you absolutely despise WvW fighting you can always help out by scouting (ie sitting in a keep and calling out when it’s getting attacked). Make sure you have the map commander give you squad participation for this and you will reap the rewards of what the zerg is doing.

Or there is always EOTM.

in WvW

Najten.2418

Well this is disappointing.. Saved up my badges for nothing now then, and set my craft back weeks.

8.5 hours straight perhaps… with a zerg.. capping Keeps and stuff.
Solo capping Camps and killing Dolyaks for the 20-30 minutes I might be able to squeeze in each day? Forever…

in WvW

Posted by: basemoan.4702

basemoan.4702

This change will now cost me tens of hours doing something I do not want to do in order to get something that was immediately available to me because I have already spent hundreds of hours in WvW….

The notification of this change was extremely poor. If I had known before today I could have bought a lifetime supply. Now I have to waste my time because of awful communication. Rollback this horrible change please.

in WvW

Posted by: Seurious.5632

Seurious.5632

I had more than 2000 badges without every playing WvW, so could’ve bought 4 of them @ Rank 14. I guess I don’t understand why GoB is an item needed for something that isn’t PvP/WvW related. Perhaps Gift of the Mists should come from Fractals of the Mists.

And @Xbon, there is a lot of work involved in making Tigris and Raven Staff (and Prototype and The Mechanism), you can’t buy them off the TP like some of the old “welfare” legendaries :P, and nobody is giving away Gift of Maguuma Mastery’s. You have to play to get them. I also have a Commander’s tag, but have no intention of leading others thru, what is to me, an exercise in boredom.

If they just made the reward track an additional way to get GoB, people would be praising this move. Those of use that despise the run here, run there for 95% of your gametime would plug our noses and get to Rank 14 so we never ever had to go there again other than to pick up another GoB.

in WvW

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

so you actually need to play to get gift of battle, whodatunk it? achievement checks give you so many badges you could easily get that, or a commander tag like I did way back just off chests… this was a needed change imo, make people play for the much higher end stuff like legendaries, all part of the journey.

We already played to get the right to purchase Gift of Battle, all those hours in WvW, players put in the work already, and now you telling your previous work is worthless, thanks for wasting my time Anet.

in WvW

Najten.2418

“The Provisions Master now has a sixth pip that allows players to buy Heart of Thorns™ recipes, sigils, and runes from the Heroics Notary vendor for proofs of heroics and gold.”

Should remove this then.. If you find ways to no longer “force” the poor WvW:ers to PvE for certain stats, why force PvE:ers to WvW even more in the same bloody patch? You’re just constantly contradicting yourselves..

in WvW

Posted by: CowOfGlory.5816

CowOfGlory.5816

You have the time to get world completion, but spending a few hours in WvW is too much?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Get a build and join a zerg and have fun! Wvw is the most fun part of the game.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

8.5 hours straight perhaps… with a zerg.. capping Keeps and stuff.
Solo capping Camps and killing Dolyaks for the 20-30 minutes I might be able to squeeze in each day? Forever…

You will now tick every 5 minutes, you can even do this in EotM, it doesn’t take that long at all, if you solo, yeah it might, so follow the pin.

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

Now they need to add wvw exploration back as a requirement for world completion and our plot to take over the world will be complete.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Najten.2418

In the time I felt like WvW:ing tonight I got up to 66% or 125 points per tick I believe.. for about 1-2 ticks. 2/40 completed. Meaning it will take me ~20 days to get my gift.
I already did WvW to get to buy my Gift of Battle.. I already, in my mind, paid for it. Now I need to spend 20 days doing something I’m not fond of, for gawd knows what reason..
So now I’m no longer 1 shatterer kill, a few Dragon’s Stand chest runs, and a bit of gold away from my legendary.. I’m almost 3 weeks of, to me, boring grind away. And it REALLY sucks.

in WvW

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It was announced a long time ago – I got quite a few gifts so I never have to do the track.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

In the time I felt like WvW:ing tonight I got up to 66% or 125 points per tick I believe.. for about 1-2 ticks. 2/40 completed. Meaning it will take me ~20 days to get my gift.
I already did WvW to get to buy my Gift of Battle.. I already, in my mind, paid for it. Now I need to spend 20 days doing something I’m not fond of, for gawd knows what reason..
So now I’m no longer 1 shatterer kill, a few Dragon’s Stand chest runs, and a bit of gold away from my legendary.. I’m almost 3 weeks of, to me, boring grind away. And it REALLY sucks.

I’ve never made a Legendary before, so am I able to put one together now doing WvW only?

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Lazaar.8640

Lazaar.8640

This is just really bad communication. I started playing again less than two months ago and even if I was playing when they warned in those patch notes, theres no way the average player would have read all of this. It’s almost as long as a chapter in a decent book. With patch notes that are mostly irrelevant.
I’m also in a large guild and have never heard talk about this and now I’m sitting with thousands of badges that I’d much rather have used buy a couple gifts of battle.
And yes I understand playing 10 hours or so to get a gift is not bad, but it’s dumb when you played hundreds of hours of wvw and your badges became useless.

in WvW

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Agreed at least put the vendors back for a limited time. I’m sitting on tons of badges and have been working on other things like world completion for my legendary. Now I suddenly have to go back to grinding a WvW reward track for a part that I had already completed.

I love WvW and spend most of my time there, so it won’t take long but having this as an unannounced change sucks. Let those of us with the badges buy the gift for another week or 2 then remove the vendors.

100% same boat. Extremely irritating that because I decided to wait on purchasing the gift due to not wanting to waste inventory space that I get royally kittened over. I have well over 1,500 badges that I earned YEARS ago that are now even MORE useless than they were before.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in WvW

Posted by: blahdeblah.7536

blahdeblah.7536

I really hate this change. I don’t usually read much of WvW notes because it just doesn’t interest me. It’s just added hours of frustration to my time, I really wish they’d give us the choice to buy at a vendor as well. Gives WvWer’s more choice on how they want to get it too.

in WvW

Najten.2418

I’ve never made a Legendary before, so am I able to put one together now doing WvW only?

I have no idea. Possibly the Tyrian ones..

in WvW

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Get a build and join a zerg and have fun! Wvw is the most fun part of the game.

That’s crap. I already posted in the other thread, but like I said there, I’ve earned over 1,500 badges YEARS ago, almost EXCLUSIVELY from playing solo. Following a blue dot and hitting 1 may be fun to you, but a lot of us don’t feel the same way. Playing solo, it would take a hell of a long time to get something I feel I am entitled to. The only reason I didn’t already buy the gift was because it would be a waste of inventory space. Now, just because of that, I have to go back and redo everything?

No. That’s crap.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

10 hours or

I lost track of how many hours I spent getting map completion after the first day.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Anet already drove me out of WvW, now that I am interest in PvE content and farming up a Legendary, I now have to go back to a game mode that Linking has made me despise? I foresee many more hours of Overwatch in my future.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: vascosg.5169

vascosg.5169

What are we supposed to do with Badges,,, this is like holding Confederate dollars after the War…yeah – I remember it!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s really not that hard. You just need to run a little bit with a group of any size, cap a few things, and occasionally refresh your partcipation. Heck, once you’ve built up to 100% or even a little less, you really don’t have to do anything besides that refresh.

That being said, I don’t really see the need for this change.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Najten.2418

You have the time to get world completion, but spending a few hours in WvW is too much?

After already spending the time to get 400+ ranks in WvW and saving up over 8000 Badges of Honor I feel entitled to get my Gift of Honor, yes.
My constant lack of inventory space is the only reason I didn’t buy these in bulk already..
As a player no longer that interested in WvW I do not wish to feel forced to WvW for hours on end. I did that bit and I got tired of it.
And as a solo roamer it is not a question of “a few hours” either, because my normal “in for 15 minutes, cap a camp, kill som guards, kill a dolyak, do a daily or two” is extremely inefficient when it comes to farming WvW Reward Tracks since I never get up to the full level of reward ticks.. Today netted me 2/40.. That leaves another 19 ish DAYS of doing WvW insead of having my legedary finished tomorrow.
It might not seem like the worst change in the world, especially to people who actually ENJOY WvW, but it is extremely disappointing to be SO CLOSE and then have the rug pulled out from under your feet.
And seeing a lot of comments on “cry about having to do WvW a bit more please” from people who have moaned more than once about “being forced to do PvE to get certain stats yada yada” just takes the kitten..
This isn’t even having to do PvE to unlock the stats; this is already having unlocked the stats (WvW rank 14 + 500 Badges wasn’t something you did in 30 minutes either, just to remind you..) but then losing the ability do use them unless you unlock them again.

in WvW

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

HoT removed the only obstacle in my way for obtaining legendaries: the RNG aspect/insane gold farming aspect. With a guaranteed way to receive the precursor you want, without the necessity of spending weeks or months farming gold for it (to shut up those who say the TP was always the guaranteed way to get the precursor of your choice), I was all ready to start my legendary journeys (I unlocked about a dozen of the precursor collections, for the legendaries I like).
As it stands now, I’ll finish my precursor collections, and that’s it. One obstacle gone, another one put up. I had already gained the appropriate rank to buy GoB’s and the BoH’s I get from my achievement chests. There was no need for me to go back into an additional game mode that holds absolutely no interest for me, and I’ve played enough of it to know it’s not my cup of tea. And since I play games for enjoyment, that means no legendaries for me. I’ll be kitten ed if I spend hours doing something I dislike, for something as insubstantial as weapon skins in a computer game.

Why not incorporate a way to obtain GoB’s in PvE? Every other thing you need for a legendary is obtainable through PvE, or can be bought on the TP (shards of glory and battle). Just this one item, that’s only a fraction of everything you need to make a legendary, and have it rewarded only in an additional game mode instead of the core of the game, it doesn’t make sense. But I took it for granted because obtaining the prerequisites was relatively easy and you only had to do it once (reach the appropriate rank; BoH’s come to you whether you play WvW or not). Now you not only have to spend hours in a non-preferred game mode, but you have to spend that time every single time you want to create a legendary.

With all due respect, ANet, this is not going to get me play WvW, let alone like it. It just made me drop all legendary aspirations alltogether. And putting a single sentence in patch notes the length of a Harry Potter book does not count as a notice in advance. Especially not when you put that sentence in the chapter for a game mode I’m not interested in. I’m sure I’m not the only PvE player who doesn’t read WvW patch notes. And there’s no reason to if the game mode holds nothing of interest to you. But this change didn’t have much to do with WvW. It’s a change that transcends any single game mode and therefore should’ve been mentioned in another, more general, chapter. Or it should’ve been highlighted so it would pop out among the rest of the text.

I don’t know why they changed this. It’s not the way to lure people into WvW, and certainly not the way to get them to like it. Some people who hate WvW will still do it to get the GoB’s, because legendaries are that important to them. But you won’t be providing them with a good time. You’ve only semi-forced them into doing something they don’t like to get something they do like. And I say semi-forced, because it is still every single player’s own decision to do it or not.

So, for the love of the Six, Quaggans and all things awesome in the game (of which there are a lot in my opinion; can’t wait to try out Raid wing 3!) reverse this decision or add an additional way to obtain GoB’s through PvE, the content that gives you the other 99% of items you need to make a legendary as well. That makes sense. This doesn’t.

(edited by TheNecrosanct.4028)

in WvW

Najten.2418

It’s really not that hard. You just need to run a little bit with a group of any size, cap a few things, and occasionally refresh your partcipation. Heck, once you’ve built up to 100% or even a little less, you really don’t have to do anything besides that refresh.

That being said, I don’t really see the need for this change.

Problem is I never get up to 100% on a daily basis.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

It feels so good. Hearing PvE kittens complaining.
Oh man you don’t know what a strugle map completion was, getting 500 currency from dungeons, going to that kodan to get icy runestones and above all collection so much gold i nerly quit playing the game. Every moment i’m in PvE is agony.
Lets remove PvE content from Legendary crafting, i can’t take it.
Btw, this change has been talked about for a few months, especialy after reward tracks came out.

in WvW

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

They should also probably change the wallet tooltip description as well. It still states you can use the tokens to buy the Gift.

I guess the main issue is that unless you WvW, you don’t tend to read the patch notes in that section. It probably should have been repeated in other sections, as it is REQUIRED for Legendaries and is not purely a WvW item for use in that mode only.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$