Gift of Battle Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think it’s a bad idea. During this beta, I’ve already witnessed some reward track farmers performing as few tasks as possible just enough to keep their participation ticking. Gating more items behind reward tracks might not necessarily help WvW become better.

Really depends on when they’re doing it. Like right now- literally right now- nobody cares because there are very few maps with queues. BG EBG probably has a queue but I’m guessing that’s probably it. (I don’t know EU servers so I can’t make guesses there)

If they’re blocking people on reset night because they just want to tap a sentry every 10 minutes while their map has 100 queue then fair enough but at this sort of hour even sentry tappers are worth more than the nothing they’d otherwise be.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Dannyus.2518

Dannyus.2518

Whereas this was announced or not, I still think that people are not obliged to read whole patch notes. Especially when they are NOT shown in the launcher or ingame itself (as it is in other games I play). Why would I, who rarely play WvW should search for little hints that something that affects my legendary building is going to happen? I really dont want to go 10 hrs in a big zerg pressing one skill… But i guess you can just AFK farm it, while doing one event from time to time and watch a movie or something while doing this. And my guess is a lot of people will be doing this, because why bother doing something else? Way to go with reviving the WvW.. Really cool move.

in WvW

Dannyus.2518

This change will only encourage AFK farmers.. Not going to help WvW at all

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Great.

I wasn’t paying attention and now it autoselected the new track. >.> I’m already so far in that I’ll probably finish this and get a gift of battle I’ll never use. I wish I could sell these things.

Just saying.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Wein.4952

Wein.4952

Now more players who are not built for, or more importantly, CARE for, WvW will mindlessly farm EotM for the reward track. I don’t see how the WvW gameplay quality would be improved.

I think it’s a bad idea. During this beta, I’ve already witnessed some reward track farmers performing as few tasks as possible just enough to keep their participation ticking. Gating more items behind reward tracks might not necessarily help WvW become better.

Whereas this was announced or not, I still think that people are not obliged to read whole patch notes. Especially when they are NOT shown in the launcher or ingame itself (as it is in other games I play). Why would I, who rarely play WvW should search for little hints that something that affects my legendary building is going to happen? I really dont want to go 10 hrs in a big zerg pressing one skill… But i guess you can just AFK farm it, while doing one event from time to time and watch a movie or something while doing this. And my guess is a lot of people will be doing this, because why bother doing something else? Way to go with reviving the WvW.. Really cool move.

Nuff said. (Rage) Bumping.

(edited by Wein.4952)

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

Now more people will run in wvw maps without being built for, or care for, doing WvW in an organized way. That would actually ruin my WvW experience. I don’t see why a WvW-er would be happy about it.

I was thinking the same, I prefer to play with people who enjoy the game mode and know what they are doing. However if someone is making a legendary they should experience all game modes imo. Reward track is a good idea, maybe bring the vendor 1 more week for the people that already has badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Wein.4952

Wein.4952

Now more people will run in wvw maps without being built for, or care for, doing WvW in an organized way. That would actually ruin my WvW experience. I don’t see why a WvW-er would be happy about it.

I was thinking the same, I prefer to play with people who enjoy the game mode and know what they are doing. However if someone is making a legendary they should experience all game modes imo. Reward track is a good idea, maybe bring the vendor 1 more week for the people that already has badges.

Truth is they already are were doing that with the old badges-for-gift system, without creating too many of those non-WvW-ers farming situation. Lose-lose for all of us with this change.

in WvW

Dannyus.2518

It is actually really easy to sort of AFK farm these tracks.. just get tier 6 participation in borderlands and the recap shrine every 8 minutes.. for 8 hrs straight.. what a design to attract new “active” players to revive WvW.. I say why even fix something that was not broken?

in WvW

Posted by: Badass.7492

Badass.7492

There are also examples for people, joining WvW to grind for their legi and got caught by it, now playing more WvW than PvE.
But away from that, I can tell that the blob wars became much more worse, since the linking was paired with the return of the old borders, which made some guilds change their playstyle, since seaky actions are quite difficult to perform. But nethertheless the WvW is the gamemode, making a difference between GW and other mmo’s. This small scale arena battle is something you have on any of them. Furthermore the point of joining a zerg is not just the “press 1 and win” purpose, since we are outnumbered 85% of the day ^^ , but also the ppl on the teamspeak and the fun you have, talking to them. This resulted into some gvg player of a “high level gvg guild” to spend their “holidays” on the lowest rank server in Europe.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

So they removed the WvW from world completion so as not to force people doing game modes they don’t enjoy and now they added this to FORCE people to play WvW if they want their Leg weaps completed. Hmm, brilliant, i wonder how many people are gonna quit over this one!

Anet, why don’t u fix the real bugs that have been in the game since year dot instead of creating more gating and grind for this ever shrinking community? Why don’t u fix our minis not reappearing, while u still have the gall to sell them in the gems store? Why aren’t u fixing the nodes popping everywhere and nodes that says rich mithril but only lets u mine 3 chunks in Silverwastes? I know, not as important as creating gatings and grind, but we the players have to deal with those issues day in and day out.

Why don’t u balance the leather drops so that we can craft our ascended armor in the next few years? Or the umpteenth events that keep breaking every time there’s a new patch. Or why don’t u fix the guild bugs, the broken chat system, the guildies ability to enter a guild hall with more than 5 ppl without being kicked, the broken node system that when u upgrade ur nodes, it won’t let u gather nodes from ur alt guilds, the invisible textures left behind when restoring the workshop 2 (that costs a budges of a small nation) that makes u get stuck on it as u approach the nodes?

These are just a few examples of what u could be doing to improve our experience. Mo said in his thread giving us reasons for postponing indefinitely HoT Legendary Weapons, “my job is to entertain you”. Prove it Mo. removing gift merchant and forcing ppl to grind WvW to earn again what they already earned isn’t entertainment. It’s abuse of player’s time and enjoyment of the game.

People arguing that gift of battle was too easy to get and was free, are not considering that whether we played WvW to earn the badges or not, we still had to earn them by earning achievement points, that doesn’t make them free. And considering they nerfed how many badges u get per achievement chest, it takes at least 2-3 to earn enough badges to get one gift of battle. That’s a lot of work and effort in anyone’s yes and certainly don’t make the gift free.

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I am not a fan of this change, but neither am I a fan of making the legendary backpack require a fractal or the legendary armor require a raid. So this change seems fair to me for all sides. If Anet makes content exclusive for one mode, I see no issue having them make another exclusive for another mode.

(edited by mulzi.8273)

in WvW

Posted by: Mentor.4130

Mentor.4130

Not very good way to bring back players to wvw. Kind of we are getting punished because of Anets own fault of destroying wvw experience.

Lucky me I got couple of gifts before update.

(edited by Mentor.4130)

in WvW

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Angry
Played WvW alot once…
Have tons of badges.
Do not enjoy WvW anymore.
Forced to farm reward track??
What kind of kitten is this??

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Gw2 is not a solo game. If you want to play alone it is not your game

Oh really? I have played GW2 solo for nearly 4 years now and one of the biggest draws for me was the fact that you can play alone, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

in WvW

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

I’m glad I bought a GoB yesterday morning for “Big spender” before the patch arrived.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeristoreine.9351

Aeristoreine.9351

So now since I am forced to wvw, i will just do it my own way and get the reward track without any care about wvw. Sorry my world, thank ANET?

in WvW

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Good for you.
I really do not understand why is not such a change announced in advance.
From the AN point this would not change anything – Gift is not tradable, even if I would buy 10 of then it would change a kitten.
Idea is forcing me to do WvW if I do not want to? Amazing customer care! AN knows what is best for you!

in WvW

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

Technically it was announced, but not very widely.

in WvW

Dannyus.2518

Oooh but it was announced in advance.. on patch April 19.. One sentence in 30 FULL PAGES OF TEXT.. how could you missed that sentence? You dont read whole patchnotes? Oh, too bad for you. But here is the mail for you to vote in WvW poll. Oh, to include info about gift of battle in mail too? Nah, go read patchnotes…

EDIT: What about people that were not playing at that time? If you dont play for lets say.. 6 months, the first thing you do is surely to read all previous patch notes for sure.. Or you will miss something important and get screwed over..

(edited by Dannyus.2518)

in WvW

Aeristoreine.9351

Good for you.
From the AN point this would not change anything – Gift is not tradable, even if I would buy 10 of then it would change a kitten.
Idea is forcing me to do WvW if I do not want to? Amazing customer care! AN knows what is best for you!

It was mentioned in the April patch notes. But it was never brought up again even once more since then. Its two months and no ample notice to bring this up. What about players who just came back to the game within this time gap (i came back 2 weeks ago) and get screwed because I am totally not aware of it at all. No one is gonna flip a patch notes that was released two months ago.

Then how do i know its in the patch notes? After i get slapped by yesterday/today’s patch of cuz. Rmb? I came back to the game only 2 weeks ago and no notice was even given in between

(edited by Aeristoreine.9351)

in WvW

Aeristoreine.9351

Oooh but it was announced in advance.. on patch April 19.. One sentence in 30 FULL PAGES OF TEXT.. how could you missed that sentence? You dont read whole patchnotes? Oh, too bad for you. But here is the mail for you to vote in WvW poll. Oh, to include info ybout gift of battle in mail too? Nah, go read patchnotes…

A patch note that was released two month ago? What about players like me who only came back recently. No one is gonna flip a patch note thats dated months back.

in WvW

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Count me among the many who have done the hard yards already on the way to doing a legendary and then have this change force me into AFKing in WvW.

Because that’s what we’ll end up doing. I play on a crowded server with 20+ queues on reset night but I will follow the zerg for a bit and AFK/hit things every 5 minutes to maintain participation and not give two rats’ behinds about our server like I always have. Thanks for a colossal waste of my time and making it difficult for the people who actually enjoy WvW.

The other useless crap you get in the reward track on the way to the Gift of Battle is just insult to injury. If you’re going to make it a reward track item at least give players something useful for their legendary like ectos or obsidian shards or something?

in WvW

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Actually I have bought HoT and returned to game after almost year long hiatus just 3 weeks ago…
AN really sucks in communicating such a changes – do they not understand this will not make anyone happy?

in WvW

Dannyus.2518

A patch note that was released two month ago? What about players like me who only came back recently. No one is gonna flip a patch note thats dated months back.

I was being sarcasting, I really dont like this change.. but hey, I already have 5000/20000 for the track from just standing in borderlands, watching movies on other monitor and reacapping shrine. I guess this is what anet wanted when they did this change

in WvW

Aeristoreine.9351

I was being sarcasting, I really dont like this change.. but hey, I already have 5000/20000 for the track from just standing in borderlands, watching movies on other monitor and reacapping shrine. I guess this is what anet wanted when they did this change

Sorry pal, I missed your point. But hey you know what? Let me join in the movie TRAIN! Wvw goes best with movies (:

in WvW

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

This is not how to fix the WvW population problems.
WvWers agreeing to have PvEers be forced to come in and get rekt left and right? Such honor in those kills. What’s this game coming to? You enjoy bursting an unsuspecting random player who doesn’t care for the first thing about PvP? You can defeat no one else? Grow some balls. Let PvEers do the stuff they want. Side with them on this one; then they’d be more likely to side with us on getting WvW stuff that matters into WvW.

P.S. Just saw the ABL vs. DBL poll is held right now, while PvEers are forced to WvW. Jeezus kittening Christ. You guys have got to be kittenting me. How many final nails can that coffin take?

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

in WvW

Posted by: valheru.7891

valheru.7891

I like the change. Now you are actually forced to play WvW every time you want a new legendary. You didn’t needed to play much WvW to be able to buy many gift’s of battle. What you needed Badges of honor wich you could get true achievement chest’s or jumping puzzles (wich are not WvW) you needed to be WvW lvl 5 ( i think. I’m probably wrong =D) wich was not much Wxp in total at all. especcially whenever you gaion a lvl you got a Wxp booster so you would lvl even faster. if you don’t like WvW then go eotm that’s also just running around capping stuff without fighting. Just keep in mind that WvW players need to do A LOT MORE maybe like 10-20 times more pve to get a legendary then the other way around. Be happy that’s its only 1 reward track.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Hum takes around what 8 hours of wvw to complete a track. With this update it should take even less time with the track boosts buffs and potions. It does not take long to complete a track and all legendaries require you to do a game mode which you normally would avoid. For me that’s fractals.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

no time for wvw? lol

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

in WvW

Posted by: Reztek.7805

Reztek.7805

Get a build and join a zerg and have fun! Wvw is the most fun part of the game.

That’s crap. I already posted in the other thread, but like I said there, I’ve earned over 1,500 badges YEARS ago, almost EXCLUSIVELY from playing solo. Following a blue dot and hitting 1 may be fun to you, but a lot of us don’t feel the same way. Playing solo, it would take a hell of a long time to get something I feel I am entitled to. The only reason I didn’t already buy the gift was because it would be a waste of inventory space. Now, just because of that, I have to go back and redo everything?

No. That’s crap.

Sounds like even more crap. And after posting the same crap in multiple threads it’s still crap.

You got 1500 Badges years ago? So after that it took you years to be able to think about your legendary? And all those years of pressing 1 while running in a Zerg in silverwastes/hots-maps … must have been a lot of fun, no?! Reward tracks are a looooot faster than the PvE-crap you’ve got to do for a legendary.

Besides that, those Badges where always a joke. Useless for WvW (why bother for the gift of battle whitout a way to get the other stuff in a sane time in wvw; you can’t even sell that crap gift; there once was (or still is) even armor that can’t be salvaged, lol), much to easy to get (there was (or still is) even a time where you got free badges from level-up/achievement-points chest … lol, without even being once in wvw you got everything for that gift. ridiculous) and now finally gone. Sadly the new badges sound like a joke too.

Best solution would be to make that gift tradeable, so wvw-players could finally get some money in wvw. And as it seems, people like Shanks R Us are having a great time farming gold for years on some pve-map. Win-Win then?

Ranger/Mesmer/Thief/Warrior/Elementalist/Guardian/Engineer/Necromancer/Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The whole point is that doing this essentially robs those of us who used to play WvW avidly but no longer do so. I’m rank 141 in WvW, but that means NOTHING as far as anet is concerned when it comes to getting a legendary.

Your wvw rank is NOT supposed to have anything to do with badges.

Also, rank 141 is barely any play time.

I really dont want to go 10 hrs in a big zerg pressing one skill…

I just finished the reward track. Took about 4-5 hours. Woulda been shorter with 100% participation the whole time (which is easy to do).

It takes several times longer to finish map completion which wvw players are forced to do. Stop complaining…

(edited by Deli.1302)

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The thing is,reward tracks advance so slowly in WvW.
You need to actively grind these for hours upon hours,
using the badges was so much better.
I’m losing hope when I see the continuous introduction
of grinds upon grinds in the game.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

So they removed the WvW from world completion so as not to force people doing game modes they don’t enjoy and now they added this to FORCE people to play WvW if they want their Leg weaps completed. Hmm, brilliant, i wonder how many people are gonna quit over this one!

This is exactly what I thought of first as well :-D

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

in WvW

Posted by: Thine Amnion.7056

Thine Amnion.7056

Just when i thought Anet is making better choices for GW2..
I’m so disgusted about this change, and no i didn’t read through the notes where they warned us about this cause they were so kitten long! Now WvW is getting filled up with afkers who just want the gift, and the players who would want to go to wvw just to fight for their server, can’t do it. This is just brilliant(NOT). I tried to get back into the game but this is pretty much driving me away again + killing any motivation i had to craft Eternity, thanks Anet, you must really hate us.

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Forcing PvE people to PvP is not good for them or there team

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Counterpoint:
I’m a WvW’er and am forced to do PvE map completion, which takes days, to get a Gift of Exploration. You complainers can’t be kitten d to take five hours out of your busy schedule to do a bit of WvW for a Gift of Mastery? Like ermagerd

in WvW

Posted by: Bogomil.6180

Bogomil.6180

I dont understand the whining in this thread. Legendarys shouldnt be built in 2days or so. And it should be a reward to play all the game modes. I mean wvw players could also ask why you need map completion to get an legy?. The efford for gob ist about 15hours of playing wvw. Compared to the other stuff it is nothing. So i think its fine that you need to play wvw. I mean for wvw players nothing changed and it hits only people ignoring 1 part of the game because anet gave them all badges they need for free with introduction of the ap boxes. I remember the time when u had to farm the 500 badges on your own and it was definetely more time spent than doing 1reward track

(edited by Bogomil.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I did not know of this change, Anet needs a better way of talking to the gamers who have no time to read the forums, some of these changes should be mailed to gamers in a weekly in game mail, or some type of prompt on screen about future changes..

I actually laughed. No time to read long patch notes, but plenty of time to grind a legendary.

Except when that grind involves a few hours of repairing walls for participation credit.

These people are actually hilarious

in WvW

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

The whole point is that doing this essentially robs those of us who used to play WvW avidly but no longer do so. I’m rank 141 in WvW, but that means NOTHING as far as anet is concerned when it comes to getting a legendary.

I just finished the reward track. Took about 4-5 hours. Woulda been shorter with 100% participation the whole time (which is easy to do).

It takes several times longer to finish map completion which wvw players are forced to do. Stop complaining…

I call bullkitten if you say u finished it in 4-5 hours cause that would be impossible unless u used some xp boost

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

I call bullkitten if you say u finished it in 4-5 hours cause that would be impossible unless u used some xp boost

Whats wrong with using xp boosts? food has boost, MF has boost… rank 2300 in wvw, ( 200 ranks from eotm alt leveling) agreed, 141 is absolutely nothing.

I had to grind for ages to make spark and bolt – i had to endure your pve, get over it, and if all you do in a blob is press 1, youre not on teamspeak, and probs not getting in on the loot fest you zerglings seem to love so much.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

They did…. months ago.

If you cba to give up with the latest information, that’s not Anets fault.

Yes, indeed they did. More than half way down 30 pages of patch notes, in a section on WvW. I gather most people don’t play WvW, so most of the people who need to know about it probably wouldn’t read that.

I play GW2 every day, I read the PvE and general parts of those notes in detail, I had conversations about meta changes off the back of those notes, and this was a complete surprise to me yesterday. Quite a few people in my guild chat this morning — regular players who are logged in every day — didn’t know about it either.

I consider this unfortunate. I urge anet to give gifts-for-badges a one month extension, under the circumstances.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

… lol, without even being once in wvw you got everything for that gift. ridiculous

Best solution would be to make that gift tradeable, so wvw-players could finally get some money in wvw.

Ok so… No, you could get all the Badges of Honor you needed (don’t ask me why, it’s not like PvE:ers petitioned for this addition to Achievement Chests, I never saw the point either) but you still had to get your kitten to WvW Rank 14. Yes, laughable to someone that has Rank 4k but to someone that absolutely detests WvW, it’s not completely without effort.
Since Rank 14 requires you to get 49000 WXP, this equates to capping about 100 ish Towers, killing close to 1000 Dolyaks, or capping 200 ish Supply Camps. Less effort ofc with Boosters but not all people had WXP Boosters when they did this.. This is why, in a lot of non-WvW:ers eyes, they “already did their time” to unlock the ability to purchase their Gift.

WvW:ers already have a way to convert Badges of Honor to Gold. There’s plenty of items that can be bought for Badges and sold for Silver on the TP.

All this change does is make people that would rather to a different Reward Track while WvW:ing do a specific one that gives nothing interesting except the Gift of Battle; or “force” non-WvW:ers to join WvW with a grumpy face, moaning about having to be there, doing their best to do as little as possible just to get their Reward Track done and over with.
Sure, there will be a few that join and “get hooked” or whatever, and some that actually do their part, but as a whole I don’t see how this is good for WvW:ers or PvE:ers. Enjoy extra long queues and a bunch of people running around more or less clueless, with the wrong gear, the wrong build, doing the wrong thing. I notice how WvW:ers love whining about “pleb PvE:ers noobing around” so you’ll get to do a lot more of that now.

in WvW

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

I don’t like WvW and never do it anymore. Used to do a bit here and there when my guild did zerg like over 1 year ago but still didn’t like it. So now what do I do to get the Gift? Spend hours and hours and hours and hours… I don’t want to in something I just don’t like? I never got any warning either. As many, I skip any info on wvw since I don’t play that part of the game. Warning of such major change should be clear and sent in game to every player. At lest let us spend the badges we already have. Very disappointed.. again.

in WvW

Posted by: Bogomil.6180

Bogomil.6180

Nothing more to add to alicatrawz post. Thread can be closed.

in WvW

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

I did not know of this change, Anet needs a better way of talking to the gamers who have no time to read the forums, some of these changes should be mailed to gamers in a weekly in game mail, or some type of prompt on screen about future changes..

I actually laughed. No time to read long patch notes, but plenty of time to grind a legendary.

Except when that grind involves a few hours of repairing walls for participation credit.

These people are actually hilarious

A few hours, really? I’d love to know how many “few hours” it takes to get 1 gift.
so according to you about 2 hours in WvW and I get a gift? lets test that. laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

No doubt this caught a lot of people by surprise. April 19th patch notes were HUGE and the move “out of beta” was poorly communicated.

Vendors should return for a couple of weeks.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: CowOfGlory.5816

CowOfGlory.5816

You have the time to get world completion, but spending a few hours in WvW is too much?

After already spending the time to get 400+ ranks in WvW and saving up over 8000 Badges of Honor I feel entitled to get my Gift of Honor, yes.
My constant lack of inventory space is the only reason I didn’t buy these in bulk already..
As a player no longer that interested in WvW I do not wish to feel forced to WvW for hours on end. I did that bit and I got tired of it.
And as a solo roamer it is not a question of “a few hours” either, because my normal “in for 15 minutes, cap a camp, kill som guards, kill a dolyak, do a daily or two” is extremely inefficient when it comes to farming WvW Reward Tracks since I never get up to the full level of reward ticks.. Today netted me 2/40.. That leaves another 19 ish DAYS of doing WvW insead of having my legedary finished tomorrow.
It might not seem like the worst change in the world, especially to people who actually ENJOY WvW, but it is extremely disappointing to be SO CLOSE and then have the rug pulled out from under your feet.
And seeing a lot of comments on “cry about having to do WvW a bit more please” from people who have moaned more than once about “being forced to do PvE to get certain stats yada yada” just takes the kitten..
This isn’t even having to do PvE to unlock the stats; this is already having unlocked the stats (WvW rank 14 + 500 Badges wasn’t something you did in 30 minutes either, just to remind you..) but then losing the ability do use them unless you unlock them again.

Perhaps they should make Gift of Exploration a reward track as well. They should probably let everyone know in that patch notes that it’s going to happen in the future first though, but then when implemented, everyone who was at 99% world completion can come and state how unfair this is, and how much effort they put in.

I like this idea already!

in WvW

Posted by: CowOfGlory.5816

CowOfGlory.5816

You have the time to get world completion, but spending a few hours in WvW is too much?

World completion is actually fun and you get to explore the world. WvW is just zerg around its a snooze fest. Again instead of trying to force players into the wvw maps improve the game play they attempted with the new WvW map with HoT release and they failed so they scrapped the new maps. Their attempts to make WvW fun so far has failed so all that is left to do is force players to participate.

So forcing you to play a game mode I enjoy, and forcing me into a game mode you enjoy aren’t the same thing? how does this not go both ways? Please, enlighten me.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I have q good news for pve players: you dont need farm in wvw as in pve. You need play!

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I dont understand the whining in this thread. Legendarys shouldnt be built in 2days or so. And it should be a reward to play all the game modes. I mean wvw players could also ask why you need map completion to get an legy?. The efford for gob ist about 15hours of playing wvw. Compared to the other stuff it is nothing. So i think its fine that you need to play wvw. I mean for wvw players nothing changed and it hits only people ignoring 1 part of the game because anet gave them all badges they need for free with introduction of the ap boxes. I remember the time when u had to farm the 500 badges on your own and it was definetely more time spent than doing 1reward track

Look at the speculated list before you accuse people of “whining”…

https://m.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4o3bqp/discovered_one_of_the_recipes_for_legendary_armor/

Also…

“that’d be 150 Lengendary Insights for the full set?! -.-” this is waaaay too much IMO, even if players clear the full raid every week, that’d still be 17 weeks of consinstency here… Oo"

17 weeks of clearing raids just for the insights…

So yeah, the GoB change isn’t good or necessary

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.