Give Eotm Pips!

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

90% ppl are in the queues waiting 1-3h to get in their borders.

Give Pips generation in Eotm and queues will be gone.

This is bad business for wvw daily roamers and ppl who played this mode for 5 years. It will actually make me never que wvw again + expansion is near don’t make ppl quit this game.

An Unhappy customer (and not alone).

Attachments:

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Edge of the Mists ruined WvW the first time when it was given all the same rewards as the regular maps and in some cases, like badges, better reward opportunities. Edge of the Mists should be secondary to the main 4 WvW maps. If you give Edge of the Mists the same incentives as the regular maps (which they did in the past), then no one will feel motivated to participate on the regular maps. If Arenanet has learned their lesson with Edge of the Mists then they won’t make Edge of the Mists compete with the main 4 maps. Queuing up still gives you the opportunity to work on other things in the game while you wait, perhaps you could work on PvE content while you’re in queue.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

EoTM isn’t WvW, lacks many features of WvW, hence should not have WvW rewards. The sheer existence of EoTM is bad for WvW.

FYI, there are servers on EU with no queues during primetime and outnumbered buff all day long. Roamer paradise. Cheap transfer included.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

EoTM isn’t WvW, lacks many features of WvW, hence should not have WvW rewards. The sheer existence of EoTM is bad for WvW.

FYI, there are servers on EU with no queues during primetime and outnumbered buff all day long. Roamer paradise. Cheap transfer included.

Edge of the Mists was created to be an instanced based WvW map for population overflows. I agree though, I’d rather it not exist at all since it just takes people out of the game mode (although this was a bigger problem in the past). If removing it isn’t feesable then Edge of the Mists should only be traveled to when the regular 4 WvW maps are all full.

WvW Commander – NA PST

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

kroter.1326

If removing it isn’t feesable then Edge of the Mists should only be traveled to when the regular 4 WvW maps are all full.

Unavoidable queues are great way to reduce server stacking and spread population across the rest of the servers. Will also diversify matchups.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

If removing it isn’t feesable then Edge of the Mists should only be traveled to when the regular 4 WvW maps are all full.

Unavoidable queues are great way to reduce server stacking and spread population across the rest of the servers. Will also diversify matchups.

Well that’s your assumption, I’d venture the data would only partially agree. Some people would transfer but others would view the cost to transfer as tedious socially and economically. These people may just not play the game mode at all instead of transferring. In the end, this would only hurt WvW from a macro perspective.

WvW Commander – NA PST

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

kroter.1326

Well that’s your assumption, I’d venture the data would only partially agree.

At least on EU there are whole communities dedicated to bandwagoning, looking for ez fights on servers that are going up the ladder. My assumption is that it works both ways.

Besides, Gandara is literally the most overpopulated server at the moment, AND it is linked for some reason. Give it time and the problem will resolve itself, no need to repeat the same mistake twice and cripple WvW by reviving EoTM.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

That would be a good trade-off. Reduce the bandwagon that they signed on for (I"m sure everyone will claim to have been on X server since launch LOL) and have less time waiting in a queue. The last couple days, SBI/AR has a queue on one or two maps NA prime time and haven’t seen a queue at any other time of the day that I’ve hopped on. I’d wager its the T1 bandwagon bloated servers that bought themselves a queue.

SBI

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

I agree but at a reduced rate. Make it so you get 1 pip every tick if you are contributing. Nothing excessive but at least you’re earning towards that tier 4 reward while you wait hours for a queue to go through. Maybe earn 3 at the conclusion of a match is over or something if you’ve had a certain amount of contribution. But it should not be equal to what the other maps give.

Or I’d just appreciate it if the queue was account wide as long as you don’t exit character select. I don’t do most of my pve stuff on the same toons I wvw generally. Would also just be nice to switch around if needed without losing the queue.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Absolutely…… No.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Eotm should definitely have the pip system. eotm was created to give players the same rewards as wvw all while being a map that never gets a full que of players, unlike wvw. By not giving the same rewards it de-insentivises play in eotm over wvw. It also defeats the purpose of its original implementation.

I pretty much summed it up in the other thread.

aka. “The Complainer”

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Wont that just mean that all these new pvers will just go to eotm again ? I mean most people will like it,i don’t.I like to see these new faces and hoping lotta of them will actively keep on playing wvw and dont move off when they have the reward they wanted.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Eotm should definitely have the pip system. eotm was created to give players the same rewards as wvw all while being a map that never gets a full que of players, unlike wvw. By not giving the same rewards it de-insentivises play in eotm over wvw. It also defeats the purpose of its original implementation.

I pretty much summed it up in the other thread.

Um no? Eotm is basically a “lounge” while w8ing to get into actual WvW. Nothing more, nothing less. It is not supposed to lure people in with rewards or anything and definately not prioritized over actual WvW maps. U can farm ranks and karma there but that’s it and that’s all it should be.

Rewards are part of WvW and Eotm is not actual WvW, just a random map people stay on until they enter an actual WvW map.

It’s like saying that unranked pvp should have the same rewards as ranked or automated tournaments. Unranked is there so people can fool around while w8ing for next pvp season.

(edited by zoomborg.9462)

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

90% ppl are in the queues waiting 1-3h to get in their borders.

Time to move off that overstacked server. There IS a solution to those queues. Just gotta have enough courage to do it.

Meanwhile, on non-T1/T2 servers, we are actually in WvW, playing the gamemode, moving through those pip tiers at a regular clip, with no queue walls at our borders.

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I think EOTM should have pips, but obviously at a much slower rate (and less pips) than normal WvW maps.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Simply, no pips for eotm.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I think you could build up participation and earn 1 pip max.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Please, please, please no!! EoTM is not WvW.

I can think of one and only one possible exception. If ALL MAPS in the player’s matchup are queued maybe an equivalent of the Outnumbered buff could be granted – a “Locked Out” buff, if you will. But as soon as any map opens up it should go away.

Piken Square

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: fredley.2354

fredley.2354

Sure, why not but make it so the chests don’t award claim tickets. While were at it make it a separate system so players can’t map hop to get the last tick for chests.

(edited by fredley.2354)

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Sure, why not but make it so the chests don’t award claim tickets.

Good idea!!

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

We ALL know why people in EotM want Pips, so that they can get easy rewards, along with easy rank ups. EotM has been and will always be used as a easy place to level/rank up.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

No. /15 characters

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Well, if EOTM is not WvW then being/playing there should never ever increased WvW ranks in the first place.

WvW rank should only (now, in the future and in the past) be gained in WvW.

But as long as you can (and could) gain WvW rank in EOTM, EOTM is part of WvW, regardless of what some devs say to justify their decisions and the inconsistent system.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Well, if EOTM is not WvW then being/playing there should never ever increased WvW ranks in the first place.

But as long as you can (and could) gain WvW rank in EOTM, EOTM is part of WvW, regardless of what some devs say to justify their decisions and the inconsistent system.

It’s the EDGE of The Mists. Not the mists. So, it is NOT WORLD vs WORLD. It MAY be realm vs realm, but not world (i.e. Server) vs world. So.. no pips.

I would definitely support the removal of WvW rank gain from there.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

PLS ANET NO!

EOTM already ruined wvw once, we don’t need it doing it again…

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

It’s the EDGE of The Mists. Not the mists. So, it is NOT WORLD vs WORLD. It MAY be realm vs realm, but not world (i.e. Server) vs world. So.. no pips.

Edge of the Mists is still within the mists. Cause edge. Get it? Its still within. Even better, ever opened your map? you’ll see that it is located on top left side of the map next to the other borderlands. Game play is also the same. So it IS WvW rather you like it or not. It’s just that players turned it into a karma farm festival / they use it to level up characters. Originally it was suppose to be a solution for overflow when your borders had queue’s.

Going back ontopic, I do agree with the majority here. Seeing EOTM’s current state, i do not think it would be healthy for the game mode if that gets the same reward structure as WvW itself.

Perhaps a better solution would be to actually undo the linking of the servers. This would drop the queue’s and there for people would have non or less waiting time to actually enter WvW. On the other hand this might cause problem in low(er) populated servers. How ever if we look at how many people play WvW since the patch, this shouldn’t must be a problem. Considering more people are willing to join and tag up. Sure you still have to deal with new players and all. But that is just a matter of time and going through that learning curve. But i suppose that is a bit off topic and better to create a new post about it. More about that here

(edited by GWMO.4785)

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Edge of the Mists is still within the mists. Cause edge. Get it? Its still within. Even better, ever opened your map? you’ll see that it is located on top left side of the map next to the other borderlands. Game play is also the same. So it IS WvW rather you like it or not. It’s just that players turned it into a karma farm festival / they use it to level up characters. Originally it was suppose to be a solution for overflow when your borders had queue’s.

Going back ontopic, I do agree with the majority here. Seeing EOTM’s current state, i do not think it would be healthy for the game mode if that gets the same reward structure as WvW itself.

Perhaps a better solution would be to actually undo the linking of the servers. This would drop the queue’s and there for people would have non or less waiting time to actually enter WvW. On the other hand this might cause problem in low(er) populated servers. How ever if we look at how many people play WvW since the patch, this shouldn’t must be a problem. Considering more people are willing to join and tag up. Sure you still have to deal with new players and all. But that is just a matter of time and going through that learning curve. But i suppose that is a bit off topic and better to create a new post about it. More about that here

Except ANETs official position is that it is not part of the Mist War.

Again, it isn’t WvW.

But we agree that it doesn’t deserve the same rewards. I’ll take it.

(edited by Strider Pj.2193)

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Only if EotM functions similarly to the other WvW maps; one server v one server v one server & contributes to Mist War score.

If you want pips, play real WvW.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

dunno why eotm even existed in teh first place tbh. Shoulda just been a wvsw map…..or wvsw itself it shoulda been lol. Could settle for eotm, ebg, and 3 smaller home bl maps or just rid of the concept of home bl entirely….we alrdy have home corners afterall in ebg. Honestly I legit surprised by just how smart and powerful the ai is on eotm. Makes me feel like a complete baby when I drop into wvsw and cleave through the npc.

But eotm DOES exist. And it HAS existed. So in all fairness I feel pips should be included in teh mode itself as well as wvsw. I don’t understand why they take players from eotm and put them in wvsw…..and why they take players from wvsw and put them in eotm…its just a stupid back and forth that makes no sense. Get ur priorities right plz. Giving eotm pips would give pver’s an easy way to farm them without screwing up wvsw with players who don’t want to play wvsw.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

“Giving eotm pips would give pver’s an easy way to farm them without screwing up wvsw with players who don’t want to play wvsw.” And finally we get to the point.
As always pve entitled players. Same thing was happening with leg armor, every single pleb crawled out of their holes to ask for free rewards.

Just play wvw if u want the rewards and dont ask Anet for freebies.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

For this important wish of yours, I would like to express my sincerest answer. There are others that just typed : “No”, which, as an answer, is incomplete. The real answer should be:

Hell no.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

For this important wish of yours, I would like to express my sincerest answer. There are others that just typed : “No”, which, as an answer, is incomplete. The real answer should be:

Hell no.

real deep, very insightful, I love all the reasons you stated why not. Very good analysis.

I’d have to say why not? it dosen’t hurt anyone or anything. I dont see anyone complaining that you get wxp from eotm, so why not pips too?

aka. “The Complainer”

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Ah a fine gentleman/gentlewoman asking a kind question. Sorry for my short sarcasm, I have a severe muscle-ache and pumped up with painkillers. I will cut it short;

-If this pip system was made to revitalize dying wvw, then it is irrational to shift all pve population to EoTM.

-If the reason was not related to boost wvw, then why was it made?

ps: There are also different discussions about increased population and blobbing problems but that is irrelevant.

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Transfer server?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Give Eotm Pips!

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Honestly if you do that ALL the pvers that just joined wvw and getting into it will move to eotm again since its an easy cap karma train all day long where they dont have to worry about getting kicked out of a squad for being this or that.